PDA

View Full Version : Protein shakes/artificial sweetners

hienergy1983
05-20-2009, 02:39 PM
I am ten days out right now from my first figure competition. I have heard that it is best to drop anything with artificial sweetners including Splenda 3-4 weeks out. Heard the same for protein shakes. I usually had splenda in my morning oatmeal and a whey shake post wo and a casien shake before bed but dropped those about 2 weeks ago. Is that really nessecary? I miss the shakes the most. I do tend to hold water in my legs and will not be taking a diuretic. Your thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Scoobysnacks
05-20-2009, 03:10 PM
I am ten days out right now from my first figure competition. I have heard that it is best to drop anything with artificial sweetners including Splenda 3-4 weeks out. Heard the same for protein shakes. I usually had splenda in my morning oatmeal and a whey shake post wo and a casien shake before bed but dropped those about 2 weeks ago. Is that really nessecary? I miss the shakes the most. I do tend to hold water in my legs and will not be taking a diuretic. Your thoughts? Thanks in advance!

final week sure, that far out, nah, I think thats being WAY to conservative.

Ss

Bob Smith Jr.
05-20-2009, 03:26 PM
it depends on whos doing your diet, but u really don't have to cut anything out until the Friday before the show for sodium purposes. I am 10 days out from the mayhem as well and still drinking my zero calorie crystal light and the occasional diet soda. I'll cut out the pop for sure though a week out, just because it does tend to bloat your stomach, but besides that, just keep doing what you're doing.