PDA

View Full Version : What's the Best Test?

magnus68
05-20-2009, 02:45 PM
What do you guys prefer? Cyp, Enanth, or sustanon(compounded)

I have my choice

layton34
05-20-2009, 02:55 PM
test is test... the only difference is the esters. so some r going to hit u faster than others. i prefer cyp or enthante due to the fact i find the blood conc stays more level. with the sustys or prop its to up and down if u dont time ur inj right...

headrottie
05-25-2009, 05:35 PM

I have my choice

I use Cypionate.

magnus68
05-25-2009, 07:12 PM
How often with the cyp and how much?

headrottie
05-26-2009, 11:04 AM
How often with the cyp and how much?

100mg once a week.

My goal is quality of life not bulking, just to feel good.
Is working extremely well.

Rottie

<~~StrengthByGod~~>
05-26-2009, 02:23 PM

I have my choice

None of the above. Test Prop is king.

mman47
05-26-2009, 09:00 PM
Test level came back at 363, 47 year old male, doc says it's normal but I've been experiencing all of the usual conditions of low test, is that a normal amount or is it low? Just want better quality of life.

elite_lifter
06-14-2009, 12:44 AM
TE works well for me

kraken
06-14-2009, 01:08 AM
Test level came back at 363, 47 year old male, doc says it's normal but I've been experiencing all of the usual conditions of low test, is that a normal amount or is it low? Just want better quality of life.
Very low. I thought 800 was the max for a "low" score.

esplendido
06-14-2009, 11:51 PM
Range is 300-1200, with 300-900 for 40-over.

fitnessfirst
12-20-2009, 04:28 PM

1 shot Cyp or E once a week.

mygirlsdad
12-24-2009, 09:28 AM
250 mg test cyp for life

mygirlsdad
12-25-2009, 12:12 PM
It depends if your just doing HRT, or doing cycles completely different. You can do 250 mg forever without coming off. If your going to cycle I would suggest 500 MG a week administered in 2 doses, Mon Thurs

King-Of-Test
02-21-2010, 07:46 PM
It depends if your just doing HRT, or doing cycles completely different. You can do 250 mg forever without coming off. If your going to cycle I would suggest 500 MG a week administered in 2 doses, Mon Thurs

How about you want to have a kid? :flowers: ofcourse you wanna come off, right?

fineart
07-18-2010, 02:10 AM
whats the best thing to control acne on face,i was on trt and was using test ena...at only 200mg every week but then i dropped it to every 2ndweek and then just stopped it all together because i was getting to much acne..my doc wants me backon it because im very low again and he prescribed me test cypionate at 100mg a week,im going to start with that maybe next week,any suggestions on the acne,shit i hate that,,any one know here no about ghrp6 and can my doctor get me this,peace

s2h
07-18-2010, 08:26 PM
Test level came back at 363, 47 year old male, doc says it's normal but I've been experiencing all of the usual conditions of low test, is that a normal amount or is it low? Just want better quality of life.for 47 a score of 363 is within the range on the low side..depending on your doc's view of things he/she will most likely prescribe androgel...that will give you a lft of about 50-75 points...some more liberal doc's may go with 200mg of test EOW..what are you calling usual conditions of low test?

Medium Extreme
08-29-2010, 02:31 PM

x2!

Medium Extreme
08-29-2010, 02:34 PM
Which test is best?

As far as my experience...

Cypionate- Good results, little sides
Enanthate- Just like cyp just more expensive
Sustanon- Not a fan, to many sides
Propionate- Not a fan, painful and to many injections

Will Brink
11-17-2010, 01:12 PM
It depends if your just doing HRT, or doing cycles completely different. You can do 250 mg forever without coming off.

But that's not HRT. That's well above actual HRT if the actual goal is to keep T in the high "normal" range, and different labs actually have different ranges. However, 250mg per week would give serum levels well above the highest levels of any labs. Actual HRT doses should be figured out based on blood work results, and in vast majority of men 100 -150mg per week of long acting ester (cyp/enanth) results in the upper end of the "normal" ranges. I see all sorts of random numbers recommend which people refer to as HRT, when it's not.

It's important to separate actual medical HRT vs "other" uses, and I find people fail to do it, which adds to confusion and additional potential issues best avoided.

s2h
11-17-2010, 09:49 PM
But that's not HRT. That's well above actual HRT if the actual goal is to keep T in the high "normal" range, and different labs actually have different ranges. However, 250mg per week would give serum levels well above the highest levels of any labs. Actual HRT doses should be figured out based on blood work results, and in vast majority of men 100 -150mg per week of long acting ester (cyp/enanth) results in the upper end of the "normal" ranges. I see all sorts of random numbers recommend which people refer to as HRT, when it's not.

It's important to separate actual medical HRT vs "other" uses, and I find people fail to do it, which adds to confusion and additional potential issues best avoided.i am prescribed 300mg of test cyp EW..at a starting point of 98ng/dl..my serum levels do not exceed the high end of normal..so your statement of 250mg exceeding well above the highest levels would be incorrect...these dosing reactions would still be person to person dependent...i find your statement to be correct in some cases..but still a blanket statement that is a generalization of trt usage...

Will Brink
11-18-2010, 09:34 AM
i am prescribed 300mg of test cyp EW...

At what schedule? What was the end result serum number? Is it taken the day before your next shot is due in the am? You would be the first human being I have met who required 300mg per week of cyp to get to the high normal serum T levels. 300mg dose is usually every other week schedule.

If the 300mg per week is what you need, great, but I promise you that's in the 1% of people who require such a dose to reach high normal serum values used by your major labs. I work with many a doc who do HRT, and not one prescribes over 200mg per week - of long acting ester if the actual goal is HRT based on serum levels.

s2h
11-18-2010, 07:05 PM
At what schedule? What was the end result serum number? Is it taken the day before your next shot is due in the am? You would be the first human being I have met who required 300mg per week of cyp to get to the high normal serum T levels. 300mg dose is usually every other week schedule.

If the 300mg per week is what you need, great, but I promise you that's in the 1% of people who require such a dose to reach high normal serum values used by your major labs. I work with many a doc who do HRT, and not one prescribes over 200mg per week - of long acting ester if the actual goal is HRT based on serum levels.125 mgs monday and thursday...there's a first for everything will..my levels range from 620-640...i 've had more needles via BW then most have had in there cycle lives...this a why AS use isnt apples to apples...

s2h
11-18-2010, 07:06 PM
but i cant do math...150mgs...

Will Brink
11-18-2010, 07:22 PM
125 mgs monday and thursday...

Of cyp/enanth? The schedule makes little sense with the half life and known pharmacokinetics of those esters, but if that's what works, it's all good to me.

there's a first for everything will..my levels range from 620-640...i 've had more needles via BW then most have had in there cycle lives...this a why AS use isnt apples to apples...

Nor am I making any apples to apples to AS. However, the fact remains that the pharmacokinetics of those esters is well known, and in the vast majority of men, actual HRT takes place at 100-150mg per week IM of cyp/enanth is used if using serum values to tweak dose. That you require 250mg per week of cyp/enanth 2Xw to get 620-640ng/dl puts you as something of a medical oddity, but that's why going by serum levels vs simply giving X dose is essential to effective HRT.

There could be something medically/physiologically idiosyncratic about you also that alters your metabolism for those compounds.

Will Brink
11-18-2010, 07:24 PM
but i cant do math...150mgs...

Me either it appears. ;)

s2h
11-18-2010, 07:35 PM
Of cyp/enanth? The schedule makes little sense with the half life and known pharmacokinetics of those esters, but if that's what works, it's all good to me.

Nor am I making any apples to apples to AS. However, the fact remains that the pharmacokinetics of those esters is well known, and in the vast majority of men, actual HRT takes place at 100-150mg per week IM of cyp/enanth is used if using serum values to tweak dose. That you require 250mg per week of cyp/enanth 2Xw to get 620-640ng/dl puts you as something of a medical oddity, but that's why going by serum levels vs simply giving X dose is essential to effective HRT.

There could be something medically/physiologically idiosyncratic about you also that alters your metabolism for those compounds.cyp..been on trt for 3 yrs..with all my studies along with my endo...we are not sure why i require the above avg dosing protocal...he actually accused me..professionally..of altering the test results ie,crashing myself..when we first started trt..i can see his thought process..he believes my need is a result of very high AS use at a young age..ya its brologic kinda..but it is what it is...this is the reason for my harsh stance against young men using and more so abusing AS...i will pin for the rest of my life..alot of peps think that it cool..trt..but it gets old at times...

Will Brink
11-18-2010, 07:47 PM
cyp..been on trt for 3 yrs..with all my studies along with my endo...we are not sure why i require the above avg dosing protocal...he actually accused me..professionally..of altering the test results ie,crashing myself..

Which makes sense as mentioned, he would have never seen anyone require a dose that high. I know/communicate with a lot of docs, and I have never heard of anyone needing a dose that high for HRT.

However, considering your starting levels, obviously your HPTA is not working. Was it figured out where along the HPTA was the problem? At least the endo was willing to work with you.

when we first started trt..i can see his thought process..he believes my need is a result of very high AS use at a young age..ya its brologic kinda..but it is what it is...this is the reason for my harsh stance against young men using and more so abusing AS...i will pin for the rest of my life..alot of peps think that it cool..trt..but it gets old at times...

You found out the hard way, high enough dose for long enough time = no more T for you. Lots of guys think that can't/won't happen to them 'cause they know better then everyone else and have read the books by the AAS gurus, etc.:no:

BTW, have you tried insulin needles for your HRT? Takes pretty much all the hassle/pain out of it.

s2h
11-19-2010, 05:33 AM
Which makes sense as mentioned, he would have never seen anyone require a dose that high. I know/communicate with a lot of docs, and I have never heard of anyone needing a dose that high for HRT.

However, considering your starting levels, obviously your HPTA is not working. Was it figured out where along the HPTA was the problem? At least the endo was willing to work with you.

You found out the hard way, high enough dose for long enough time = no more T for you. Lots of guys think that can't/won't happen to them 'cause they know better then everyone else and have read the books by the AAS gurus, etc.:no:

BTW, have you tried insulin needles for your HRT? Takes pretty much all the hassle/pain out of it.never been able to nail down were the exact prob is...to be honest i'm not sure even thou he's a endo..that they even know as much about AS use as one would think...as far as slin pins..pinning doesnt bother me..its like second nature..i still use a 23g 1 inch to get it over with fast..its the fact that i have to "take" something..its a control thing..and its out of my control..make sense..

Will Brink
11-19-2010, 08:54 AM
never been able to nail down were the exact prob is...to be honest i'm not sure even thou he's a endo..that they even know as much about AS use as one would think...

They don't tend to know squat about AS, which considering hormones are supposed to be their area of expertise, is sad.

as far as slin pins..pinning doesnt bother me..its like second nature..i still use a 23g 1 inch to get it over with fast..its the fact that i have to "take" something..its a control thing..and its out of my control..make sense..

23g 1" 2xw for life, no thanx. :no:

Ryan Wacht
11-24-2010, 09:36 PM
Back when I had health insurance, my doctor had me on 5mg of androgel a day. Has anyone ever been prescribed more? I tried bumping it up myself to 10mg a day and felt a lot better. I didn't have my levels tested though, he didn't require it for some reason.

Will Brink
11-25-2010, 09:39 AM
Back when I had health insurance, my doctor had me on 5mg of androgel a day. Has anyone ever been prescribed more? I tried bumping it up myself to 10mg a day and felt a lot better. I didn't have my levels tested though, he didn't require it for some reason.

There is no reason good reason. You can't optimize the dose without knowing what the dose it doing for your T levels, free T, E2. Tell him you want to know what your T levels are, so you and he can decide if 5mg is the right dose for you, or start looking for a new doc.

THEVMAN
11-26-2010, 06:37 PM

They say that since the min is 250 - max depends on age - for your age, it is about 800 max, for folks in their 20s it is 1200 max. You can have some symptoms under 500, but it depends on a lot of things - if the Doc says that is not the problem, then any libido, depression, etc should have other tests to find the cause - diet, sleep, or other hormone imbalances - but it should be persued IMO

BiggTexx
04-16-2011, 10:19 PM
I am giving test undeconate a try. Quite a few people have told me they feel 100% better on this that cyp or enanthate because it is a very slow releasing ester thus keeping the test levels constant. Most I know are using 1000mg every 8-9 weeks. I am giving 250mg/wk a try for the 2nd week and will increase the dose to 500mg EOW. There is some interesting research on the benefits of test undeconate in TRT. However, it has not been approved in the USA. So you aren't going to find it at the pharmacy.;)

s2h
04-17-2011, 11:40 PM
I am giving test undeconate a try. Quite a few people have told me they feel 100% better on this that cyp or enanthate because it is a very slow releasing ester thus keeping the test levels constant. Most I know are using 1000mg every 8-9 weeks. I am giving 250mg/wk a try for the 2nd week and will increase the dose to 500mg EOW. There is some interesting research on the benefits of test undeconate in TRT. However, it has not been approved in the USA. So you aren't going to find it at the pharmacy.;)going off my somewhat bad memory here..but i believe nebido has to be front loaded somewhat..it is a very slow acting drug..and i believe it and andriol are commonly prescribed in canada for trt...dont know anyone personally that has used them for trt..but i would be interested in how it works for you...

DieselXT
04-18-2011, 12:08 AM
S2h how can someone use andriol to get mass building effects out of it.....

"Rodz"
04-18-2011, 01:31 AM
going off my somewhat bad memory here..but i believe nebido has to be front loaded somewhat..it is a very slow acting drug..and i believe it and andriol are commonly prescribed in canada for trt...dont know anyone personally that has used them for trt..but i would be interested in how it works for you...

It sucks lol, the caps are 40mg, and my endo says even though the stats show 15mg is lost at first pass, she figures its at least half is lost, and they won't script more than 4 caps a day. The half life is approx 4 hours, so to be effective you may want to pop 10-15 caps a day lol

kawikaratekid
10-21-2011, 11:24 PM

Do you find that 250 to 500 is a good enough increase for a cycle? Do you run any other compounds?

Thanks

BC123Jm
10-22-2011, 02:41 PM
Do you find that 250 to 500 is a good enough increase for a cycle? Do you run any other compounds?

Thanks

you do realize that this dude posted that two years ago, right?

GottaGetLean
10-22-2011, 06:27 PM
you do realize that this dude posted that two years ago, right?

2 years and 5 months ago actually.. i don't think he realized lol..

C8H10N4O2
01-22-2012, 01:38 AM
Does anyone have experience with using testosterone pellets for HRT? I'd be curious to hear some first hand experience either here or via private messages. I know how well other forms of test work, and I know efficacy of estrogen pellets in women for various uses but the only literature I've seen on test pellets has been largely clinical and not for individuals looking for bodybuilding type gains in the form of HRT.