PDA

View Full Version : For getting healthy fats can I eat nuts and nut butters instead of oils?

SadFatty
05-20-2009, 04:51 PM
Macadamia and olive oil are mentioned alot on here but I like nuts and peanut butter better.

I was also wondering if Udo oil is essential as well. Many of my coworkers drink this stuff before going on stage or use it in meals because it is healthy. Can I replace this with more nuts as well?

I also take fish oil pills and evening primrose for some good fats.

Are there other fats I should be taking?

sassy69
05-20-2009, 05:33 PM
The only real big difference between nuts & oils is the additional carbs from nuts and nut butters that you'd need to pay attention to if you're dieting for comp or possibly if you're trying to go keto. I consider competition prep a time for "purist mode" when you'd want to go w/ the most fundamental forms of food - of which Udo's, etc are fats and nothing but fats, whereas nuts & PB can introduce some processing (if not literally nuts & nothign else), as well as ~6 g carb / serving

fitbody
07-22-2009, 08:08 PM
it's a good idea to vary your essential fats
i made the mistake of using Udo's oil only for many years and developed an allergy to it because of it
now i use....

- Mac Nut oil,
- combination of natural nut butters (I mix almond, cashew, macadamia, and hazelnut together,
IT ROCKS ON EGG WHITES PANCAKES made by blending eggwhites and cinnamon in blender, then cook in nonstick skillet with pam spray like pancake, this is truely my fav meal)
- combination of different nuts: cuz i'm precontest i use almonds, cashews & walnuts ONLY RAW
- ONLY USE RAW NEVER ROASTED NUTS AND SEEDS
- in the offseason i'll use various nuts and seeds

VARIETY IS THE SPICE OF LIFE
AND YOU NEED IT FOR HEALTH