PDA

View Full Version : Whats the difference?

MichaelWayne
02-14-2009, 02:58 PM
Just wondering what everyone considers the fine line between the two classes of "The Common Gym Rat". 1) The side that does it for fun/health and nodbody thinks what they do is stange and 2) The ones that are a sore on the face of the BBing community.

I know everyone has different standards of this, just wanting to see how wide of a variation there really will be with the answer.

ibizagtd
02-14-2009, 04:16 PM
One who spends entirely too much time partaking in muscle building, strength training, cardiovascular, or aerobic activity. Specifically, one who does so at a health club or gym.

Often used derrogatorily by people who do not partake in or understand this lifestyle, some self-proclaimed gym rats use the term as a status symbol or for positive reinforcement.

Rare: The term is sometimes used with homosexual or dim-witted connotations, but both are entirely unfounded (the author of this definition is a gym rat, and does not fit these connotations).
I prefer to work out at home... I don't need to hang around a bunch of gym rats.

Look at those gym rats! They can name all their muscles, but I bet they couldn't tell you what an adjective is!

from the urban dictionary