PDA

View Full Version : i am about to start volume training

bionic redneck
05-21-2009, 09:13 AM
ill be doing sets of 20-15-10 for endurance, 12 sets for large muscle groups and 8 for small groups... i am also gonna be on a diet too.. i will be doin all this while training MMA...

juggernaut
05-21-2009, 09:19 AM
Can I ask what your goals are? It sounds like you are cutting, but for your sport, I'd recommend a different approach. I've trained many MMA fighters and truly think you might want to rethink your training. I'm not trying to insult you btw.

bionic redneck
05-21-2009, 02:34 PM
its for BJJ.. and MMA

juggernaut
05-21-2009, 05:01 PM
BJJ? ehhh not familiar. Look all I am asking is, if you are trying to cut, why not focus the cardio portion of your training in the mma studio and train for raw power in the gym? I had great success with one 16 year old wrestler who came to me and said that he wanted to be able to pin someone. He was slightly overweight and did train for about 5 days a week with his team for cardio. I focused more on strength and power. Within 4 weeks of training with me, not only did his attitude improve from within, he was easily able to clean this guy's clock. He said he felt like a Mack truck. He also said he never felt stronger. Of course, he did lean out and I did control his diet to a point, but fact of the matter is, I didnt do much for his cardio and he was able to last and finally take his oppenent down.

juggernaut
05-21-2009, 05:02 PM
With high volume like that, your completely missing your mark. You'll look good on the street, not in the cage.