PDA

View Full Version : Had to Quit Keto !

Crazy Dave
05-21-2009, 01:26 PM
I have been on Dave's diet for 7 days.

The last 2 days I have been feeling really hungry.

Today my legs where feeling heavy and stiff.

I was set today to do a full body workout of 9 exercises with 3 sets each. Each set was to 8 reps with reps to spare, no failure.

I got to my 4th exercise which is the dead lift. After 2 sets I was completely wiped out. This workout is usually just enough for me, but today I could not get through half.

I immediately drank a protein shake with some carbs after. I knew I was done with keto, no ifs,ands or buts about it.

I have heard the first week on keto is the hardest but I didn't want to wait and see if I would start to feel better. I 'm not a competitive bodybuilder anyways, I just like to lift weights and want to lose 40 pounds.

Keto is too hardcore for me.

Back to the drawing board.

AdolfOliverBush
05-21-2009, 01:44 PM
Pussy!!

Crazy Dave
05-21-2009, 02:04 PM
Pussy!!

Congratulations, you have just won the award for biggest asshole of the day!:loser:

Crazy Dave
05-21-2009, 02:18 PM
Pussy!!

I just skimmed through your other posts, my god !!

You haven't had any good advice or good questions.

Go away!!

Suzy Brown
05-21-2009, 02:30 PM
Usually when I'd get to that point, something fatty, like a little oil or fatty meat, would bring me back to life.

Myth
05-21-2009, 02:49 PM
Sounds like too much volume for keto, assuming you are eating the amount of protein and fats that YOU, as an individual with a unique biochemistry, need. :)

Also, save deads for last in any routine.

Frosty
05-21-2009, 03:23 PM
I takes 2 weeks for decent adaptation. The first few days definitely your body is essentially reacting in a similar way as it would to starvation. It takes 4-5 weeks for strong adaptation.

What was your total protein, total net carbs, and total fat?

Often people fail on the adaptation phase because their fat intake is too low, which makes the body struggle a lot more during this time.

What did your meal plan and food selection for each look like?

MichaelWayne
05-21-2009, 04:06 PM
Damn dude, sorry to hear about the outcome when you were so close to easy street (well...easier street). Hope you don't give up the Keto idea totally. I tried it a year ago with the same results, felt horrible and sluggish. Tried it again a few months later, but instead of going cold turkey off carbs, I slowly took them down week by week. All I really have now is a cup of rice a few hours before workout. Pretty sure that will be easy to drop when I want to start losing fat faster.

Def interested in seeing your stats compared to how much cal, pro, carb and fat you were bringing in.

jaws43
05-21-2009, 04:32 PM
you can't give up after only 7 days.... your body/brain is probably still trying to switch over from burning carbs to fats... once you really get into ketosis your workouts, blood sugar, energy etc will all feel a lot better..

badfish51581
05-21-2009, 04:40 PM
Two weeks is the magic number for diets. If you still feel awful after two weeks, then maybe consider something else, but it usually takes that long for your body to adjust.

Crazy Dave
05-21-2009, 04:42 PM
I use the TANITA scale to weigh myself.

Here are my weigh ins starting on the second morning after peeing before any food or water.

5-16-09 = 246 @ 26.5%

5-17-09 = 243.5 @ 28.5%

5-18-09 = 243.5 @ 28%

5-19-09 = 242.5 @ 29.5%

5-20-09 = 243 @ 28%

5-21-09 = 243 @ 28%

As you can see I did lose weight, but it was water weight.
Starting body fat of 26.5% and ending with 28%.

Cardio= I walked outside every morning for 1.5 miles after drinking water and before any meals.

Weights= I am natural so I decided to do Stuart McRobert workouts. Two whole body workouts a week, Sundays and Thursdays.

Food= Dave Pulumbo Diet for a 200+Man
I ate the diet as written, except I wasn't taking fish oils.

Supplements= Fiber and Creatine Mono 2 times a day each.

Suzy Brown
05-21-2009, 04:46 PM
Those scales are BS. One day I fiddled with it and in 10 min had a BF between 13.5% all the way up to 28%.

Crazy Dave
05-21-2009, 05:00 PM
Those scales are BS. One day I fiddled with it and in 10 min had a BF between 13.5% all the way up to 28%.

They are not as good as calipers but it has been steady for me.

Mine has never fluctuated like that.

I have had it for years.

Your right though, it could be totally wrong, but it is wrong the same amount every time. lol

Frosty
05-22-2009, 06:53 PM
If you're that overweight I think you're delusional on the carbs you need.

R_U_Red_D
05-22-2009, 06:56 PM
I have been on Dave's diet for 7 days.

The last 2 days I have been feeling really hungry.

Today my legs where feeling heavy and stiff.

I was set today to do a full body workout of 9 exercises with 3 sets each. Each set was to 8 reps with reps to spare, no failure.

I got to my 4th exercise which is the dead lift. After 2 sets I was completely wiped out. This workout is usually just enough for me, but today I could not get through half.

I immediately drank a protein shake with some carbs after. I knew I was done with keto, no ifs,ands or buts about it.

I have heard the first week on keto is the hardest but I didn't want to wait and see if I would start to feel better. I 'm not a competitive bodybuilder anyways, I just like to lift weights and want to lose 40 pounds.

Keto is too hardcore for me.

Back to the drawing board.

Gimmick lives here.....:rolleyes:

Frosty
05-22-2009, 07:08 PM
I'd recommend giving the intro phase another shot. Do it this way and it should work a lot better:

300g protein
200g fat (butter, meat fat, whole eggs...those are all fine, and of course mac nuts, avocado, and olive oil)
6 meals a day just like Dave's diet

GET FISH OIL. TAKE LOTS OF IT. You're quite overweight and would benefit from as much as you can possibly take.

Do a less demanding workout during the intro phase. Maybe something simple like 5x5.

Example:

Sunday - OFF
Monday - Incline bench press 5x5, 3-4 min rest
Tuesday - OFF
Wednesday - DB row 5x5, 3-4 min rest
Thursday - OFF
Friday - ass to grass back squat 5x5, 3-4 min rest
Saturday - OFF

Do only half an hour of walking cardio a day 5 days a week to start.

Do 2 weeks of this, then you get a cheat meal of whatever you want. Let us know how you feel doing it this way.

YukonCrazy
05-22-2009, 07:31 PM
Personally, I have used a Keto diet for the last 15 weeks and I have lost over 40 pounds. I have 2 weeks left until my first BBing contest June 5-6th. I weighed 200 pounds on Jan 18, today I woke up at 159.

I eat 6 meals a day, do 2-3 hours of cardio a day, and train 4-5 days a week. I have a great job and I sleep well for 8 hours every night.

In the first pic I weigh 195.

In the second I weigh 159.

It might not work for everyone, but it does work if you work on it. :)

Crazy Dave
05-22-2009, 07:31 PM
Gimmick lives here.....:rolleyes:

Is this an insult, cause I don't get it.

Try again!

R_U_Red_D
05-22-2009, 07:36 PM
Is this an insult, cause I don't get it.

Try again!

Yup, gimmick does live here.

Crazy Dave
05-22-2009, 07:38 PM
I'd recommend giving the intro phase another shot. Do it this way and it should work a lot better:

300g protein
200g fat (butter, meat fat, whole eggs...those are all fine, and of course mac nuts, avocado, and olive oil)
6 meals a day just like Dave's diet
GET FISH OIL. TAKE LOTS OF IT. You're quite overweight and would benefit from as much as you can possibly take.

Do a less demanding workout during the intro phase. Maybe something simple like 5x5.

Example:

Sunday - OFF
Monday - Incline bench press 5x5, 3-4 min rest
Tuesday - OFF
Wednesday - DB row 5x5, 3-4 min rest
Thursday - OFF
Friday - ass to grass back squat 5x5, 3-4 min rest
Saturday - OFF

Do only half an hour of walking cardio a day 5 days a week to start.

Do 2 weeks of this, then you get a cheat meal of whatever you want. Let us know how you feel doing it this way.

Thanks,

I might try again next week.

Crazy Dave
05-22-2009, 07:40 PM
Yup, gimmick does live here.

What, are you a retard or what.

Explain what you are saying or fuck off!

Zetawill
05-22-2009, 08:11 PM
Crazy Dave, if you died out that fast in your workout, you should up the fats. Most people do not eat enough fats and your energy will suffer.

Trust me if you are as big as you say you are your body has not processed all that it potentially could by day 7. You are giving up too early. Give it at least 4 weeks. That is unless you are typical New year's Resolution-ist who won't be in the gym in 6 weeks anyway (which is what I'm getting a feeling for).

Everyone i know that does it and does it correctly looses at least 12lbs if they are overweight like you are.

Start over on Monday and EAT THE FAT!!!!

Crazy Dave
05-22-2009, 08:44 PM
Crazy Dave, if you died out that fast in your workout, you should up the fats. Most people do not eat enough fats and your energy will suffer.

Trust me if you are as big as you say you are your body has not processed all that it potentially could by day 7. You are giving up too early. Give it at least 4 weeks. That is unless you are typical New year's Resolution-ist who won't be in the gym in 6 weeks anyway (which is what I'm getting a feeling for).

Everyone i know that does it and does it correctly looses at least 12lbs if they are overweight like you are.

Start over on Monday and EAT THE FAT!!!!

I am not new to weight lifting or exercise. I have my own home gym.

I don't know what kind of feeling your getting.

I am new to keto. I did Atkins before. And this is my second time trying Dave's diet. I even ordered one of Dave's books. I have been reading up on this and trying to learn how to do this for weeks now. I am even on here telling everyone how I couldn't get past 7 days and taking shit from a few ass-wipes.

Trust me I gave it a good shot. I have been fighting being fat for fucking years now. A few years ago I did MAX-Ot and was squatting 335 X 5. For me that is strong. My point is, I can gain weight and strength fairly easy if I am eating enough. But when it comes to losing fat, I'm fucked!

R_U_Red_D
05-22-2009, 08:55 PM
What, are you a retard or what.

Explain what you are saying or fuck off!

Touchy, why so sensitive? If you really need help, you're getting it.

Don't worry about me, I'm a retard. Good Luck.

Crazy Dave
05-22-2009, 09:04 PM
Touchy, why so sensitive? If you really need help, you're getting it.

Don't worry about me, I'm a retard. Good Luck.

I am not worried about you, you arent saying anything helpful.

I don't even know who or what you are.

Don't try to make this about you, this is my thread.

You started by saying something I didn't understand, for all I know you are insulting me. Then I asked you to explain yourself and you said the same fucking thing. Now you come back and try to make it seem like I'm overreacting. WTF

R_U_Red_D
05-22-2009, 09:06 PM
I am not worried about you, you arent saying anything helpful.

I don't even know who or what you are.

Don't try to make this about you, this is my thread.

You started by saying something I didn't understand, for all I know you are insulting me. Then I asked you to explain yourself and you said the same fucking thing. Now you come back and try to make it seem like I'm overreacting. WTF

Calm down, it will be okay.....

Crazy Dave
05-22-2009, 09:15 PM
Calm down, it will be okay.....

You think you've got my goat, your wrong. I just don't have anything to do tonight, I was bored. I'm actually the one fucking with you and you didn't even know it. I bet you you feel like an ass.

If you wanna say anything else that is meaningless and stupid ,go head, I'll check back tomorrow. My show is coming on now. :popcorn:

R_U_Red_D
05-22-2009, 09:23 PM
You think you've got my goat, your wrong. I just don't have anything to do tonight, I was bored. I'm actually the one fucking with you and you didn't even know it. I bet you you feel like an ass.

If you wanna say anything else that is meaningless and stupid ,go head, I'll check back tomorrow. My show is coming on now. :popcorn:
Okay, take care and God bless!

Crazy Dave
05-23-2009, 11:13 AM
Okay, take care and God bless!

Don't try to sound like the good guy in this.

If you don't explain what your first post meant, if you where insulting me or not, you are in fact the ass.

Last chance, explain yourself or I wont respond to you again.

If you don't explain yourself I will continue to take your first post as an insult and you will remain on my shit list.

Stavman
05-23-2009, 01:21 PM
Crazy Dave is whiny as fuck. Watch out R U Red D, you are on his shit list!!!

OH NOOOOOOOOEZZZZ!!!!!!!!

Wheels
05-23-2009, 01:32 PM
Lol, this thread would be gold in the PIT.

Crazy Dave
05-23-2009, 09:02 PM
Crazy Dave is whiny as fuck. Watch out R U Red D, you are on his shit list!!!

OH NOOOOOOOOEZZZZ!!!!!!!!

Sounds like someone forgot to take their stop me from going on line and posting stupid shit that makes me sound like a jump on the band wagon complete fucking prick pills.

Go take your pills and come back and suck my balls bitch!!!:popcorn:

"Rodz"
05-23-2009, 09:31 PM
LMAO, see man you're all bitchy because of the carbs, seriously, you have to try to suck it up for at least two weeks, i was hungry all the time, really pissy, and my training had to cut in half, but around the middle of week three, i felt great, i was able to hit a bit harder in the gym. i switched to a 5 on 2 off and it helped

THUNDERGOD
05-24-2009, 09:25 PM
You need to follow the diet and supplement protocol that has been laid out about a million times on the net. If anyone has done their research on a keto diet, they would know that they CANNOT do volume training or any HIT cardio on this type of diet. It's guys that read a little about it, try it and don't get the results they want in a few days and then claim to the world that the diet doesn't work.

This diet is like any other diet out there. You have to stick to it to get the results you want. You(and everyone else) did not get out of shape over night, so you can't expect to get into shape over night.

Frosty
05-24-2009, 09:42 PM
True and I remember reading a study done with Olympic level athletes and ketogenic diets. After ONE MONTH their performance returned to normal (i.e. world class performance). ONE MONTH. Let me repeat. ONE MONTH of time needed to adapt to the diet.

This ties in very well with my experience and with other's experience that the keto type diet becomes easy around week 5.

"Rodz"
05-27-2009, 04:04 AM
You need to follow the diet and supplement protocol that has been laid out about a million times on the net. If anyone has done their research on a keto diet, they would know that they CANNOT do volume training or any HIT cardio on this type of diet. It's guys that read a little about it, try it and don't get the results they want in a few days and then claim to the world that the diet doesn't work.

This diet is like any other diet out there. You have to stick to it to get the results you want. You(and everyone else) did not get out of shape over night, so you can't expect to get into shape over night.

Amen!!

brolic1
06-12-2009, 04:41 AM
I know this thread is a bit old but all the bullshitting aside I agree you should try again I didnt see you post your diet and what had worked out but Im pretty sure its trying to go full body wo. No freaking way. Ive been on ckd for almost 2 months and you stamina sucks on this diet. I couldnt even imagine. Except maaabey after your carb up day. Also do your deads first.