PDA

View Full Version : June 6th Strikeforce fight Baroni vs. Riggs live on Showtime

JUSTINIAN
05-21-2009, 11:46 PM
This is going to be the best Strikeforce yet to date! More excited for this than I am for UFC 98......besides having a great undercard the Main Card Showtime televised portion of the card starts out with former teenage bodybuilding star and collegiate wrestler, undefeated amateur boxer & kickboxer, turned MMA warrior 13x UFC & Pride veteran "NY Bad Ass" Phil Baroni is taking on Joe "diesel" Riggs in what may well prove to be the best and most explosive fight of the night...never at a loss for words Baroni predicted he is gonna "knock Joe the fuck out"...and being his usual colorful self brought some laughs to the press conference saying his agent Ken Pavia (who interestingly enough represents both Phil and Joe) didnt know what a southpaw was (watch you tube video link attached) this fight is a battle between two tough warriors who are at pivotal points in their career...Joe is trying to regain his top 10 status and a title shot at 170 and Phil is trying to keep his undefeated steak going since dropping to welterweight...should be an awesome fight as both guys look to be and are reported to be in their best shape ever, what out for this one!

.....also fighting is former UFC Heavywt Champ Kevin "The Monster" Randleman taking on Mike Whitehead who has won like 13 of his last 14 fights...this is another war between two powerful lightheavywts.....these are too big bad lightheavywts...young lion vs former UFC Champion.

....also on the main card (although not present at Press Conference)....another former UFC Heavywt Champ Andre Arlovski just signed on to fight undefeated 260 lbs Brett Rogers in what is a very interesting fight between the former UFC Heavywt Champ and one of MMA's rising stars who is a BIG boy and has yet to lose!

.......Also on the card fresh off his TKO of Frank Shamrock the very tough UFC vet Nick Diaz is to take on Scott "hands of stone" Smith at a catchweight of 182 lbs...Scott is a grat striker and VERY dangerous figh for Nick Diaz who is currently poised for a title fight at either 185 lbs or 170 lbs (most likely 170)..a loss could derail his title shot and Scott is tough as nails and the bigger guy so it should be a very interesting fight for sure as both of these guys like to mix it up.

.......and rounding out the card is the Strikeforce Main event....which is an awesome one!...another bout set at a catch weight of 182 lbs Robbie Lawler vs. Jake Shields...both fighters are ranked top 5 in the world and Shields is basically going up a class to take on a bad man who is one of the world's best fighters at 185lbs...Robbie is a very tough fighter and Shields is certainly no slouch being ranked top 5 at welterweight and having won his last 11 fights in a row, this is a classic striker vs. grappler match-up...and this is a very meaningful fight as the winner is set to take on the undefeated MMA fighter now turned movie star Cung Le for his 185lbs Strikeforce Belt......dont miss this event! Saturday Night June 6th live on Showtime. Get your popcorn ready! :popcorn:

YouTube - lawlershieldspressconf2 (press conference link)

JUSTINIAN
05-22-2009, 12:33 AM
Cool Baroni video.....Strikeforce June 6th live from St Louis on Showtime....tune in as NYBA tries to remain undefeated at 170 lbs...against a very "game" opponent in Joe "diesel" Riggs....great fight...dont miss it!!! Check out this video...

YouTube - Phil Baroni - The NYBA (By Genghis Con)

huge285
05-22-2009, 12:40 AM
BREAKING NEWS!!

BARONI will be on HEAVY MUSCLE RADIO Monday at 7pm EST!

Plates
05-22-2009, 12:44 AM
Nice post! Riggs is actually an amazing fighter, yet his record doesn't show it. Very talented, suspect chin at times. Baroni is funnier than shit, and always an entertainer. I think Baroni may fall in this fight. Riggs has KO power in those legs.

JUSTINIAN
05-22-2009, 12:54 AM
Nice post! Riggs is actually an amazing fighter, yet his record doesn't show it. Very talented, suspect chin at times. Baroni is funnier than shit, and always an entertainer. I think Baroni may fall in this fight. Riggs has KO power in those legs.

Its gonna be a good one...I hear both fighters are in the best shape of their careers...I think they'll both be ready...similar fighters...both underrated...both better than their records indicate...Phil has a better resume and has fought basically a who's who in MMA list of world class fighters at 185lbs his whole career and is a beast at 170....Riggs is great too...power advantage goes to Phil...but I think it will come down to who wants it more.....and since Phil has more heart (Riggs has some quit in him n Phil has none!) Phil's my pick for this one...great great fight tho....whole card is great actually

Plates
05-22-2009, 11:04 AM
I liked watching Phil fight in his prime. He was lightning quick and strong as an ox. During the Shamrock fight, he just didnt seem like the same fighter. But you are exactly right; it's going to come down to heart.