PDA

View Full Version : ladies, do you find this to be true?

~gymdiva~
05-22-2009, 06:48 AM
I actually do! it's like I always say, I spend more money when I have none than when I have it!

Shopping Story (http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20090521/sc_livescience/inrecessionwomensplurgeasifaddicted)

stephaniewicked
05-22-2009, 10:44 AM
I haven't curbed my spending habits too much since the recession hit, but now, several months later, I am beginning to feel like locking down my credit cards.

I tend to think that I'm careful with my finances in the sense that I pay all my bills on time every month and never miss a payment, but I could definitely benefit from taking a spending break. Unfortunately, it seems that every time I try to catch up, there's something else holding me back (weddings, baby shower gifts, tuition, etc).

BadAssBarbie
05-27-2009, 05:30 PM
No, BUT I never can find anything when I'm shopping for something specific. Then when I go shopping for nothing inparticular, I find lots of things. Go figure!

stephaniewicked
06-01-2009, 10:47 AM
No, BUT I never can find anything when I'm shopping for something specific. Then when I go shopping for nothing inparticular, I find lots of things. Go figure!

LOL, that happens to me too. I need a dress for a wedding in two weeks and have gone to 5 different malls in the last month and couldn't find ANYTHING. Tried on lots of things, but nothing that were worthy of a purchase... of course I found lots of things I didn't need, but ended up buying anyway. ;)

schullax
07-20-2009, 10:42 PM
i am a major tight wad... i am so cheap it's not even funny. lol i always have been! i save most of my money, because i want to retire wealthy. i have no debt of any kind, i don't even own a credit card.... i'm in the process of looking for a piece of property with a lot of acreage, and i want to build a home on it and grow my own food, because i think food prices are insane, and i want to know that my stuff is truly organic... i'm very old fashioned and very cheap.... once i get my property and my home, i think i will splurge on a horse or two, though! because i LOVE riding! i so want to be a farm girl. LOL :)

i like to be able to pay for things in cash... if i can't pay for it out right, i don't really need it!

i'm only this way because i work in the credit industry and i see how bad it can get for people... i do credit enhancement and repair... help people build and/or repair their credit. some people have so much bad stuff due to credit cards! it's not worth it!

MsGuns
07-20-2009, 10:44 PM

Thats me...
I actually hate shoppin...
I rather order online...