PDA

View Full Version : wanderli sliva vs rich franklin

dublin-lifter
05-22-2009, 04:20 PM
im hopin wanderli does it makes his way back to the top of the division and get a title shot against rampage ( i do realise rampage would have to win the title first but it would be some match if it happened)

so whats everyone thinkin or hopin on this fight i say franklin takes a knee to jaw and is ko'd

Plates
05-22-2009, 08:36 PM
I'll take Rich by sub

bionic redneck
05-22-2009, 08:55 PM
rich franklin ... i agree he will win by sub

lilfella
05-23-2009, 01:49 AM
Wanderlei might dominate at 185.

dublin-lifter
05-24-2009, 11:21 AM
is he droppin to 185 i heard this before but this fight is light heavyweight so thought he must have decided not to

i still say franklins jaw goes flyin across the octagon but seein as im a big wanderli fan i might just be a tiny bit biased lol

Plates
05-24-2009, 12:35 PM
There is no doubt Wandy could KO Franklin. That's why I picked Rich by sub. Hes too smart of a fighter to stand and bang with him.

dublin-lifter
05-24-2009, 12:53 PM
There is no doubt Wandy could KO Franklin. That's why I picked Rich by sub. Hes too smart of a fighter to stand and bang with him.

yea thats prob true plus wanderlis defence is shocking:eek::eek::eek:

BrandonBass
05-24-2009, 03:55 PM
Silva will knock out Franklin. It will probably be worse than the Anderson/Franklin fights...

BigJD69
05-24-2009, 04:02 PM
Hopefully it will be a good fight!

ArcherJames
05-27-2009, 09:45 AM
For the long time in the middleweights, until the arrival of Anderson Silva, Franklin was a big fish in a small pond. He fought a lot of reasonably decent fighters but none were at the level of Silva. Anderson Silva and Franklin are both pretty big guys for the division and their domination is easy to understand. Franklin and A. Silva are probably closer to the size of a light heavy than middle weight.

Honestly, the middleweight division is pretty slim on talent compared to the welterweight and light heavy weight divisions which are brimming with talent, and for that reason I can't consider Anderson Silva the pound for pound best in the world; if that it really even means anything to be considered pound for pound.

I look forward to Wanderlei making an impact in that weight division but he needs to change up his style a bit. A fighter can't keep talking so many shots waiting to land a knockout punch. Ask Chuck Liddell. Eventually taking so much damage is going to take its toil. Wanderlei doesn't have to abandoned his aggressive style only modify it a bit and he will pretty amazing.

dublin-lifter
05-27-2009, 11:26 AM
For the long time in the middleweights, until the arrival of Anderson Silva, Franklin was a big fish in a small pond. He fought a lot of reasonably decent fighters but none were at the level of Silva. Anderson Silva and Franklin are both pretty big guys for the division and their domination is easy to understand. Franklin and A. Silva are probably closer to the size of a light heavy than middle weight.

Honestly, the middleweight division is pretty slim on talent compared to the welterweight and light heavy weight divisions which are brimming with talent, and for that reason I can't consider Anderson Silva the pound for pound best in the world; if that it really even means anything to be considered pound for pound.

I look forward to Wanderlei making an impact in that weight division but he needs to change up his style a bit. A fighter can't keep talking so many shots waiting to land a knockout punch. Ask Chuck Liddell. Eventually taking so much damage is going to take its toil. Wanderlei doesn't have to abandoned his aggressive style only modify it a bit and he will pretty amazing.

is it middle weight fight its marketed on ufc.com as 205 so i presumed it was light heavy weight but i did hear he was dropping down to middle weight so im kinda confused now:confused::confused::confused::confused:
anyway i completly agree im a big wanderli fan but his defence is shocking and he cant absorb the punches like he used to hopefully his fight against rampage woke him up to that fact a little if he can get his defence up he could be a force to be reckoned with

ArcherJames
05-27-2009, 08:10 PM
is it middle weight fight its marketed on ufc.com as 205 so i presumed it was light heavy weight but i did hear he was dropping down to middle weight so im kinda confused now:confused::confused::confused::confused:
anyway i completely agree im a big wanderli fan but his defense is shocking and he cant absorb the punches like he used to hopefully his fight against rampage woke him up to that fact a little if he can get his defense up he could be a force to be reckoned with

I believe they are fighting at a catch weight of 195 but I may be wrong.
I am also a huge Wanderlei fan but I agree his defense needs to improve. I read an article where he said that he likes to put on a show and is very aware of the crowd response. In the Jackson fight he said that he could hear the crowd becoming restless when the fighters weren't engaging and decided to push the fight ultimately putting himself into jeopardy and getting knocked off. That kind of stuff has got to end.

BIG AL WILLIAMS
05-27-2009, 09:28 PM
I gotta go with Franklin although I like Wanderlei more.Wand is just not the same anymore.All those crazy ass fights in Vale Tudo and Pride are catching up on him.I shook my head in disgust when Rampage got him.The Wand of old would have eaten that overhand and murdered Quinton.

dublin-lifter
05-28-2009, 08:08 AM
I believe they are fighting at a catch weight of 195 but I may be wrong.
I am also a huge Wanderlei fan but I agree his defense needs to improve. I read an article where he said that he likes to put on a show and is very aware of the crowd response. In the Jackson fight he said that he could hear the crowd becoming restless when the fighters weren't engaging and decided to push the fight ultimately putting himself into jeopardy and getting knocked off. That kind of stuff has got to end.

agree 100% you know how he can impress me as a fan is to win his fights hopefully he starts defending more

bionic redneck
05-28-2009, 08:19 AM
im picking franklin as well

<~~StrengthByGod~~>
05-28-2009, 08:44 AM
I gotta go with Franklin although I like Wanderlei more.Wand is just not the same anymore.All those crazy ass fights in Vale Tudo and Pride are catching up on him.I shook my head in disgust when Rampage got him.The Wand of old would have eaten that overhand and murdered Quinton.

I gotta disagree with you big dog. I think Rampage has evolved into a much better fighter than when he was young in PRIDE--Wanderlei couldn't win three matches throwing knees...They were both just throwing bombs and hoping one would land and Rampage caught first. Both were about the same size and muscle structure. I liked that fight.

Wanderlei will destroy Rich Franklin. Franklin was always over-rated imo. The only reason he held the middleweight belt so long was because of his hand injury.

I am surprised Wanderlei could cut to 180. It will interesting to see what he comes out looking like. Rich is in trouble. This is not the fight he wants after getting romped by Silva twice.

luke_b21
05-29-2009, 02:09 AM
Yes this will be a catchweight fight at 195.

I'm going with Wand, but it will be a close one.

beggs_05
05-29-2009, 02:34 AM
Franklin by TKO. I don't doubt Silva's punching power and willingness to engage, but I think Franklin is too smart to get caught up in Silva's aggressive style. Rich Franklin is also partially training with Anderson Silva for this fight, so I think he'll be well prepared for Wand's fighting style.

http://www.profighting-fans.com/articles/franklin-training-silva_050709.html

vboissiere
05-29-2009, 02:52 AM
I don't think Silva has much left... but Franklyn is so over rated...

beggs_05
05-29-2009, 02:57 AM
I don't think Silva has much left... but Franklyn is so over rated...

What exactly makes Rich Franklin so "over-rated?"

Plates
05-29-2009, 10:08 AM
Franklin is a tough mother fucker, no doubt about it. I dont see anything over rated in him. Again, my money is on Rich. Too smart, stronger, and more technical.

dublin-lifter
06-04-2009, 07:59 AM
Franklin is a tough mother fucker, no doubt about it. I dont see anything over rated in him. Again, my money is on Rich. Too smart, stronger, and more technical.

i wouldnt say stronger but he is a bit smarter

Mr X
06-04-2009, 08:07 AM
Franklin by TKO. I don't doubt Silva's punching power and willingness to engage, but I think Franklin is too smart to get caught up in Silva's aggressive style. Rich Franklin is also partially training with Anderson Silva for this fight, so I think he'll be well prepared for Wand's fighting style.

http://www.profighting-fans.com/articles/franklin-training-silva_050709.html

he he "when you cant beat em..join em"

I pick Wanderlei to surprise people and stop Rich in this fight !

<~~StrengthByGod~~>
06-04-2009, 09:41 AM

More technical....perhaps.

Smarter....how do you know? Do you refer to textbooks or cage smarts? Wanderlei Silva has been bashing skulls since Franklin was a school teacher...experience pays.

Stronger? What are you smoking brah? Did you see Wanderlei when he came out against Rampage? Hes got a huge build for a middleweight and he is going to run right through Rich, who is over rated.

Plates
06-04-2009, 09:57 AM
Smarter.......as in all around. You are correct, Wandy was "bashing skulls" when Rich was a teacher. Im 100% positive that Wandy doesnt have a Masters degree in education or a Bachelors in math. Yes, that equates to the ring as well in my opinion. Rich looks way more calculated in a fight. Wandy throws haymakers as of late.

I think Rich is stronger overall. He is a more complete athelete.

dublin-lifter
06-04-2009, 02:06 PM
Smarter.......as in all around. You are correct, Wandy was "bashing skulls" when Rich was a teacher. Im 100% positive that Wandy doesnt have a Masters degree in education or a Bachelors in math. Yes, that equates to the ring as well in my opinion. Rich looks way more calculated in a fight. Wandy throws haymakers as of late.

good point he is more calculated and really wish wanderli would fucken defend himself
but he is still a knock out king and a physicaly more aggressive and stronger fighter i supouse it could go either way depending how the fight pans out

also to rich franklins favour anderson sliva is training him because he is not happy about wanderli droppin down to middle weight

maxititer
06-07-2009, 08:54 PM
that is the big mistake and will put Wandy's to the end of his carrier. Wandy need some time off, then perhaps he can come back as a good fighter as he was once.

dublin-lifter
06-08-2009, 08:40 AM
he tries to please the fans too much i do think he is a better fighter than anderson sliva and i do think anderson sliva is a bit scared of him commin down to 185 why else would he be trainin rich franklin but he really needs somebody to teach him how to block and guard he can do everythin else apart from that

dajossel
06-11-2009, 06:00 PM
Silva by TKO

ANADROLicfreak
06-11-2009, 06:04 PM
franklin i hope.he is one of my favorite fighters.silva is a old warrior though.i just hope it is a good fight.

DCHMUSCLE88
06-11-2009, 10:45 PM
its going to be ugly, wanderlei is going to make franklin realize its time to retire...

-Z-
06-12-2009, 08:38 AM
The Axe Murder will win via TKO in round 2.

Tate
06-12-2009, 10:22 AM
Axe murderer in the first

<~~StrengthByGod~~>
06-12-2009, 10:49 AM

Gotcha...I didn't realize he had a Masters. Wandy has been just throwing bombs without much defense lately, but he has always been an aggresor in a fight.

Rich may be a better all-around fighter, but Wanderlei hits a hell of a lot harder and has a lot more mass on him than Rich. Maybe it's just the way Silva destroyed him twice, but Rich just doesn't impress me anymore.

dublin-lifter
06-12-2009, 11:58 AM
aparently wanderli is after saying in an interview that he wants to bet anderson sliva that he will beat rich franklin 50 grand each so winner takes 100 grand its from the ufc website so its a pretty good source its at the bottom of the interveiw
http://uk.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=20383

Mirko Cro Cop
06-12-2009, 05:56 PM
I must say i'm looking more foward to Cro Cop vs. Al Turk and Kongo vs. Velasquez than Wandi vs. Rich but this card is really stacked with some great fighters and fighters that I like so it should be a great event.

I think Wandi will win by TKO in round 3
Kongo TKO round 2
Cro Cop KO round 1

Plates
06-13-2009, 08:45 AM
Gotcha...I didn't realize he had a Masters. Wandy has been just throwing bombs without much defense lately, but he has always been an aggresor in a fight.

Rich may be a better all-around fighter, but Wanderlei hits a hell of a lot harder and has a lot more mass on him than Rich. Maybe it's just the way Silva destroyed him twice, but Rich just doesn't impress me anymore.

Wandy throws bombs no doubt. He could easily catch Rich, not to mention I pick underdogs most of the time. However, I really think Rich can take this as long as he sticks to the plan. It will be interesting what they weigh when they step in today though. That could make all the difference.

Rattbones
06-13-2009, 09:01 AM
Portuguese Power, GO Silva

DaEagles
06-13-2009, 12:03 PM
Who cares GO CAIN

dublin-lifter
06-13-2009, 01:21 PM
Who cares GO CAIN

eh alot seem to care mate:D:D fuck cain go check kongo:beerbang:

JamesWebb
06-13-2009, 07:04 PM
anyone got a stream for this yet?

ANADROLicfreak
06-14-2009, 01:46 AM
franklin won i was right

The Big Sexy
06-14-2009, 02:04 AM
That's awesome!

Tate
06-14-2009, 02:14 AM
Torrent?? i bet u silva got ripped

bionic redneck
06-14-2009, 06:14 AM
i had a feeling franklin would win

dublin-lifter
06-14-2009, 11:39 AM
wanderli deserved the win i thought franklin only got by on his takedown and he didnt even do much on the ground after a takedown
anyway brilliant fight all the same 2 warriors going at it ya cant beat it pity there is not more fighters like them 2
cain was pretty impressive aswell he needs more work do that fight should have ended much earlier dosent stand a chance against lesnar or mirr

stephaniewicked
06-14-2009, 01:25 PM
That was the best fight of the night! Sometimes the main event isn't always the most exciting... but they definitely didn't disappoint. I'm glad Franklin won. I don't have anything against Wanderlei though... they're both great competitors.

dajossel
06-14-2009, 01:57 PM
That card depressed me every fight went to the other way for me. I am a fan of Wandy and Kongo. I also wanted Uno to win his fight as well as Davis and Saunders.