PDA

View Full Version : for the people who train bjj

bionic redneck
05-22-2009, 11:34 PM
what rank are yall and how long did it take yall to get there?

Big Dave Smith
05-23-2009, 03:52 AM
what rank are yall and how long did it take yall to get there?

One stripe white belt at Indiana Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, but I've trained on and off for over a year. I can't make it in consistantly because of working 65-70hr weeks and bodybuilding.

My goal is to get my blue belt by 2010.

My first match ever.
YouTube - 1st Match

My second match ever
YouTube - 2nd fat guy

My third match
part 1
YouTube - Black guy
part 2
YouTube - Black guy 2

I have zero wrestling skills and need practice, but we just teamed up with Integrated Arts and Jake O'Brien has been helping me tremendously with wrestling. I think I'll do a lot better next time.

bionic redneck
05-23-2009, 09:30 AM
yeah i have no experience myself..lol.. so ill be going into this as a newbie myself, and ill be going to a gracie school...what kinda school do u go too?

bionic redneck
05-23-2009, 10:16 AM
i just figured out that i wont be able to start training till construction pics up... right now id only have enough money to train for 5 months...is 31 too old to start?

Big Dave Smith
05-23-2009, 02:44 PM
i just figured out that i wont be able to start training till construction pics up... right now id only have enough money to train for 5 months...is 31 too old to start?

Absolutely not. We have a purple belt that's in his forties. Also... this will shock you. I would NEVER mess with this dude.

YouTube - al bundy gets black belt

All Gracie schools are good. My school used to be a Mario Roberto affiliate, but we are not teamed with Intergrated Arts. The have Chris Lytle, Jake O'Brien, and Dan Christison.

bionic redneck
05-23-2009, 02:58 PM
thats cool... i appreciate that... i feel better now.. and am shocked that al bundy is a black belt..lol

bionic redneck
05-25-2009, 05:58 PM
bump for anyone else... and how old is ed oneil

jonnymontag
05-31-2009, 09:48 AM
white belt

just started training a few months ago at columbia university's bjj club