PDA

View Full Version : Dumbell Deadlift

ChunkyThunder
05-23-2009, 12:21 AM
Good or bad? I never tried them, but I was curious how they compare to BB deads in terms of feel and results.

Ryan Bracewell
05-23-2009, 12:53 AM
I would say pointless. for 2 reasons.

1) if your doing them with the DB in front of you and palms in then you might as well do a regular DL.

2) if your doing them with the DB's on your side its more of a leg thing so you might as well do legpress or squats.

SlimTim
05-23-2009, 03:49 AM
I like doing them if from time to time if someone else at my gym is using the platform for stiff leg deads. The DB's let you get a deeper stretch on the hamstrings if your doing them just from the floor. As far as regular deads go, you gotta go with the bar. Doing heavy heads with dumbells is alot more dangerous imo, you shouldnt have to focus on controlling those dumbells and keeping them tight to your body when your doing a power movement like that.

Razer
05-27-2009, 05:44 AM
I use them as part of my DC training. They WORK if you control the movement and do it right. Using DBs allows you to sit back into the squat more and have the weight somewhat forward to balance. You can't do that with the bar...

anthony1992
05-31-2009, 09:41 PM
I prefer usig a barbell

Mr. Hyde
06-01-2009, 01:35 AM
Sounds like something a chick would do...j/k. If you want to try a cool deadlift variation face a hammer strength shrug machine grab the bottem handles and deadlift!! Dante (DC) is where i got this idea from and its a nice change of pace. You can also use the same machine for bent rows. Plant your ass on the back of the seat bend over and grab the bottem handles and row. I dont remember where i seen that but it is also a nice back thinkness movement.

dropshot001
06-17-2009, 02:19 PM
i could see the grip giving out on them before the legs do if you are using them for a quad exercise or i could see the db's just not beign heavy enough

JYD
07-06-2009, 11:21 PM
db are good for stiff legs deads in your hamstring workouts, not so much in your back workouts in my opinion... but hey if u can get it to work for u, go for it

dropshot001
07-07-2009, 08:16 PM
db are good for stiff legs deads in your hamstring workouts, not so much in your back workouts in my opinion... but hey if u can get it to work for u, go for it

i'm a big fan of db sldls. for some reason i get a much better stretch in the hamstrings with them.

HammerStrength12
07-11-2009, 06:39 PM
I like Dumbbell RDL's a lot since they don't cut open my knees haha

Big Al
07-22-2009, 04:00 PM
X2:beerbang:

Mark
07-22-2009, 10:39 PM
I use them, well "Romanian Deadlifts," to target my hammies. Not for back though.