PDA

View Full Version : Urban active

BLUEBARON75
05-23-2009, 10:18 AM
what do you guys think about urban active? good? bad? personally i dont really like it. golds gym and ironworks put that place to shame. lol

BigJD69
05-23-2009, 10:49 AM
Never heard of it.

GREENMACHINE23
05-23-2009, 12:50 PM
There is nothing "Urban" or "Active" about that over glorified "Fitness Facility"

Shadow
05-23-2009, 03:36 PM
So it's a gym? Where?

GREENMACHINE23
05-23-2009, 04:11 PM
So it's a gym? Where?

It's a chain of gyms along the I 75 corridor.
They were at one time Gold Gyms, until the owner of said gyms had a falling out with the Gold's franchise. When I saw the first signs that a Gold's was going to be in my area I thought sweet, and then the Urban Active sign went up and I said WTF!! I overheard that the name Gold's would conjur up bad images and bring "undesirables" to the area i.e. the hardcore initiated. I hear it is a great place to pick up the ladies if you are single.:D

Shadow
05-23-2009, 04:34 PM
HAHAHAHA, wow. Don't think I'll be paying one of these a visit anytime soon.

GREENMACHINE23
05-23-2009, 04:45 PM
HAHAHAHA, wow. Don't think I'll be paying one of these a visit anytime soon.
:beerbang: lmao

BLUEBARON75
05-23-2009, 11:24 PM
lol. thats the only think their good for. is just picking up the ladies. i went there with my neighbor just to check it out and i was in shock.. their free weights area is a little less then half of the "hardcore" gym i train at.
greenmachine23 knows what i'm, talking about

zipmouth
05-29-2009, 10:37 PM
It's a chain of gyms along the I 75 corridor.
They were at one time Gold Gyms, until the owner of said gyms had a falling out with the Gold's franchise. When I saw the first signs that a Gold's was going to be in my area I thought sweet, and then the Urban Active sign went up and I said WTF!! I overheard that the name Gold's would conjur up bad images and bring "undesirables" to the area i.e. the hardcore initiated. I hear it is a great place to pick up the ladies if you are single.:D

The story I was told by an insider was the owner wanted to expand his territory under the Gold's name and was denied, so he changed the names of the gyms he owned.

The one's I've been in were nice and clean but a liitle too "flashy" for my taste.