PDA

View Full Version : Sugar free gum - need i say more?

klh_2342
05-23-2009, 08:27 PM
I dont know what i would do without sugar free gum. When going into precontest that is probably the hardest thing i have to give up. After dieting, my jaw is so sore from chewing so much gum!! my favorite is trident watermelon twist!! i heard dave was thinking of coming out with his own so i hope that happens soon....
anyone else with a gum obsession?

Youngguns
05-23-2009, 08:28 PM
excitotoxins, google it.

stephaniewicked
05-23-2009, 10:15 PM
I can't live without it... it helps so much! If Dave came out with one, that would be badass. I love Orbit's Sweet Mint and Bubblemint the best! I'm trying to cut down though. It's a bad, bad habit for me...

GirlyMuscle
05-23-2009, 11:57 PM
I love Stride. But alas....on Dave's diet now....no gum!

tammyp
05-24-2009, 09:53 AM
no gum? never! couldnt do it!

Becka
05-24-2009, 06:17 PM
i love my gum too much... i have wrigleys extra ice mint sugar free

I couldnt live without gum

This might be a stupid question but can chewing too much gum effect the ketos diet Dave sets for 130lb FBB?

As i can get through a packet in a day... oh well better than smoking

love to hear opinions

2hot4u
05-24-2009, 06:56 PM
the answer to that question is a big fat YES!!! Each piece has 2 carbs so if you chew gum all day all it takes is 15 pieces to be at 30 grams just in GUM!! That is why my diet program from dave states NO GUM CHEWING!!!! I have learned to love listerine breath strips. lol
i love my gum too much... i have wrigleys extra ice mint sugar free

I couldnt live without gum

This might be a stupid question but can chewing too much gum effect the ketos diet Dave sets for 130lb FBB?

As i can get through a packet in a day... oh well better than smoking

love to hear opinions

AllieCos
05-24-2009, 09:19 PM
7 weeks out, doing Dave's plan and chewing gum like a fiend during my 2 hr cardio sprint. Will be taking it out soon, but just can't bare to do it right now. ughh...

klh_2342
05-24-2009, 09:25 PM
i would give up my carbs from veggies for gum!! it keeps me going through the day! i stick with trident since it only has one carb....
never tried the listerine strips...dont know how good those would be...i think its the chewing that helps! lol

jessie1
05-24-2009, 11:39 PM
im also on dave's diet, if i find a gum with no carbs would it be allowed. it contains aspartame and sucralose .. soorrry im new i dont no much

tammyp
05-25-2009, 06:17 AM
no stevia sweetened gum that i know of. dave??? theres a new one for you to market!

stephaniewicked
05-25-2009, 12:22 PM
no stevia sweetened gum that i know of. dave??? theres a new one for you to market!

Seriously!!! Species needs to get on that!! :D

mg659er
05-25-2009, 10:59 PM
excitotoxins, google it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excitotoxicity :eek:

and no ghetto chinese food!!Now i will sell my costco mega pak of Orbitz supply! oh well!

BigJD69
05-25-2009, 11:08 PM
I need my gum!

Nitro Fueled Barbie/Mel Marx
05-25-2009, 11:56 PM
I chew at least 2 packs a day. My man gets on me about it when I am dieting because it has extra carbs (common, only 1 or 3grams per piece) and he also is a firm believer that artificial sweeteners cause bloating. Whatever, I need the gum!!!!! Bring on the gum.

Erin
05-26-2009, 01:35 PM
I used to be BAD, BAD, BAD when it came to gum. I would chain chew it. Throw one piece out, another goes in.

I decided one day to just not buy it and I haven't bought one since. I will chew a piece here and there, but it is rare. I even gave up sugar free Kool-Aid and Crystal Light at the same time. I felt really ballsy that day...

To kick the habit is not as bad as you think. Promise. ;)

Melissa
05-26-2009, 04:33 PM
Hi, my name is Melissa, and I'm a chew-a-holic. I'm a chain-chewer AND a double-chewer (2 pieces at once). It's really out of control. And, yes, gum can make you bloated and give you stomach issues....I experience them both on a daily basis:rolleyes: I've only met one other person who's as bad as I am with gum.

Erin
05-26-2009, 04:38 PM
Hi, my name is Melissa, and I'm a chew-a-holic. I'm a chain-chewer AND a double-chewer (2 pieces at once). It's really out of control. And, yes, gum can make you bloated and give you stomach issues....I experience them both on a daily basis:rolleyes: I've only met one other person who's as bad as I am with gum.

"Double chewer"!! Classic! Hahahaha!

robert da strongman
05-26-2009, 04:40 PM
http://www.getprice.com.au/images/uploadimg/912/350__1_01-3780_l.jpg

holy crap...no more gum for me...or nutrasweet
artificial sweeteners should be the next trans fat

tammyp
05-26-2009, 04:43 PM
I used to be BAD, BAD, BAD when it came to gum. I would chain chew it. Throw one piece out, another goes in.

I decided one day to just not buy it and I haven't bought one since. I will chew a piece here and there, but it is rare. I even gave up sugar free Kool-Aid and Crystal Light at the same time. I felt really ballsy that day...

To kick the habit is not as bad as you think. Promise. ;)

im a crystal lite junkie too. wish i had your strength!

Erin
05-26-2009, 04:47 PM
im a crystal lite junkie too. wish i had your strength!

Please. I'm not very strong. I tend to drink A LOT less water now. I would would probably be better off drinking the Crystal Light because I barely get a gallon in a day.

klh_2342
05-26-2009, 10:22 PM
Trident came out with a new flavor!! STRAWBERRY.....it is deeeelicious....but watermelon twist still takes number one spot! I think there needs to be a peanut butter flavor gum...that would totally be awesome!!