PDA

View Full Version : Need help Designing a 4x a week UPPER LOWER

small2big
05-24-2009, 01:10 AM
Ok, so have been doing 3x a week body part splits, and fullbodies the last couple years, but now I want to try a UPPER LOWER split. I need help because I dont know what excersises would do this the best, I mean it seems crazy to me working the entire upper body in 1 single session. I know ill be doing upper and lower 2x a week but its alot different than what im used to since I usually do bodypart splits whre im hitting each muscle with 3-4 excerises.

Also, I race bmx bikes so i have to do sprint's. basically uphill peadaling as HARD as I can, when would i do that? Upper days or lower?

Toresk
05-24-2009, 05:23 AM
I've tried this before. It is what worked for me, not telling you what to do but it might give you an idea of what direction you wanna take things. I made one upper day a strength day and the next one later in the week a hypertrophy upper. The first upper i just did basic compound movements i.e bench, barbell row, military press, close grip bench, etc. The second upper day later in the week i did more bb type stuff, pulldowns, seated cable rows, preacher curls, incline db bench etc. You'll have to tweak the volume and intensity of each session to your liking as well as to avoid overtraining. You'll have to completely push the typical bodypart split concept out of your mind to make the upper lower work for you because you have to learn to completely bust your ass on one exercise per bodypart. Hope this helps some

esplendido
05-24-2009, 11:11 AM
What is your goal? If you race BMX bikes, how often? How often do you do your sprint training?

Now the real question. Are you 40-over? This is a masters bbing forum where the advice is tailored to the older lifter. If you're racing BMX bikes, I assume you're not older than 30. If that's the case, I'm going to move your thread to the training forum. How old are you?

small2big
05-24-2009, 11:58 AM
sorry, im acutally only 20