PDA

View Full Version : whos next for light heavy weight and will they beat machida

dublin-lifter
05-24-2009, 11:17 AM
i fucken hate him but i say rampage will be next against machida and id say machida will win confortabley whats everyones elses thoughts

BIG AL WILLIAMS
05-24-2009, 11:41 AM
Rampage can't handle Machida.I had the biggest smile on my face last night when he knocked out cold that cocky asshole clown Rashad Evans!I could watch that replay over and over!

dublin-lifter
05-24-2009, 12:24 PM
ah i like rashad but yea it was good to see machida get it ( apart from the fact i now owe me mate money ) id say he will be pretty dominant in that catergory

bionic redneck
05-24-2009, 12:37 PM
id like to see griffen vs machida... or anderson silva ... silva would mop the floor with machida...

dublin-lifter
05-24-2009, 12:39 PM
id like to see griffen vs machida... or anderson silva ... silva would mop the floor with machida...

not a fucken hope machida would kill him

BIG AL WILLIAMS
05-24-2009, 02:28 PM
If you really pay close attention Machida has a very technical yet unorthodox style.I used to criticize him left and right but I'm liking him more and more.All his opponents are thrown off by the way he moves and strikes.He has never lost a single round in his undefeated mma career!

bionic redneck
05-24-2009, 02:51 PM
he wouldnt kill silva. silva would mop the floor with machida..everyone has a bad fight every now and then. not to mention.. shane carwin is undefeated in the heavys ... wheres his title shot.. just goes to show u that undefeated records dont mean everything... and i guaruantee rampage or forrest would at least last all 5 rounds at a bare minimum..cause u cant coach heart..

BIG AL WILLIAMS
05-24-2009, 06:48 PM
I wouldn't put Shane Carwin in the same category.Machida has wins over legitimate contenders such as Rich Franklin,Tito Ortiz and BJ Penn.Rampage's flat footed style would not last long against Machida.

fury-
05-24-2009, 07:34 PM
yes rampage will be his next opponent, and yes machida will kill him... looping punches wont beat the straight left. Silva does not want to fight machida cause they are buds and he believes the lightheavy belt belongs to machida

bionic redneck
05-24-2009, 07:40 PM
ok.. well there is someone out there who will eventually beat machida..everyone has a bad fight

Plates
05-24-2009, 09:12 PM
Machida and Silva will never fight. They train together on occasion, and are very close friends. So forget that happening.

I fucking hate Machida. I hate watching him fight, I hate his style, and cant stand his attitude. But, I'll give credit where credit is due. He is the champion and did KO Rashad.

Im happy that Quinton is next. He has a jaw made of steel, and will be a great challenge for Machida. I noticed that Machida drops his hands real bad later in the rounds. If Quinton stays in close range during an exchange, night night Machida. I cant see Machida knocking Quinton out, but I could see him winning a decision. However, im going with Quinton because I like his style.

fury-
05-24-2009, 11:13 PM
^ u dont like his style? i guess u could say it is boring if u arent into tactical fighting... and quinton will get knocked out it will just take 10 hits to his face... lol and u like rampages style, the same flat footed style that is gonna get leg kicked to death like forrest did to him and then his looping punches will get beat by the straight hand woot lol... apparently i like machida's style

bionic redneck
05-25-2009, 08:15 AM
if rampage stands a chace then so does griffen or jardine

Dr Pangloss
05-25-2009, 08:40 AM
i used to hate machida's style, now i can appreciate it. don't look for him to get beat for a couple of years; his situation bears resemblence, albeit less so, to the situation Gracie was in when the UFC started.

His technique is brand new and noone knows how to approach it properly.

I'm betting he will be champ for at least a couple of years.

dublin-lifter
05-25-2009, 08:51 AM
rampage does have that one puch knock out but everyone knows you have to watch out for that i still think machida will beat rampage

anyone know what the crack is with this forest griffin anderson sliva fight is it going ahead or is it just rumour

bionic redneck
05-25-2009, 08:57 AM
the griffen silva fight is still a go at UFC 101.... but i still say griffen has the heart and technique to beat machida and rampage has the raw power and determination to beat machida who got lucky with a flurry of punches...anyone can get caught and when evans gassed he got caught...

Dr Pangloss
05-25-2009, 10:18 AM
the griffen silva fight is still a go at UFC 101.... but i still say griffen has the heart and technique to beat machida and rampage has the raw power and determination to beat machida who got lucky with a flurry of punches...anyone can get caught and when evans gassed he got caught...

Machida has yet to lose a round in the ufc. Same style: maintain distance and counterstrike when attacked, and strike offensively from a distance and move back out or finish depending on the effect of the initial strikes.

It's a very annoying style when you first encounter it, but machida has learned to finish rapidly by pouring it on after the initial volley.

Question is: how do you fight someone who stays outside your range 80% of the time? You can't try to overwhelm him because he's too good a counter puncher.

I think someone who can do damage at a distance with high and low leg kicks has a better chance of beating him.

In that sense, forrest griffin may be a difficult matchup for him.

He will destroy rampage.

Plates
05-25-2009, 10:21 AM
gassed? I didnt see him get gassed out. I seen him get caught with a lot of punches to the face. Machida has 'ok' power, but nothing special. However, when you get caught with 'ok' power to the face 6 or 7 times in a row, you are going to get stretched.

Plates
05-25-2009, 10:27 AM
I think someone who can do damage at a distance with high and low leg kicks has a better chance of beating him.

I know what you are saying, but also looking back at the Tito fight, it seems like he had a tough time with wrestlers. Shit, Tito almost sub'd him. I think Rampage will be a nice test for him. If he can close the distance and put a glove on his chin, that will tell us a lot about how long Machida will be hanging around.

dublin-lifter
05-25-2009, 10:34 AM
well if rampages catches him on the jaw he will go down but i dont think rampage wil get the chance
it will be very awkard for rampage and machida will counter one of his big haymaker punches cause he leaves himself wide open when throws them

Plates
05-25-2009, 10:37 AM
I was kind of thinking that myself, but Rampages boxing is getting pretty crisp. Should be an interesting fight.

dublin-lifter
05-25-2009, 11:10 AM
yea should be not a huge rampage fan so maybe im little biased towards machida

bionic redneck
05-25-2009, 12:25 PM
i still say machida loses to one of the two.. forrest or rampage... and id bet the farm on it

Envirolover
05-26-2009, 01:05 AM
i used to hate machida's style, now i can appreciate it. don't look for him to get beat for a couple of years; his situation bears resemblence, albeit less so, to the situation Gracie was in when the UFC started.

I actually hope so. I would like to see another dominant champion besides Fedor. Perhaps I am in the minority,I am so tired of the belts constantly changing hands.

bionic redneck
05-26-2009, 07:49 AM
sometimes that gets boring though..a few yrs yea but not hold titles for like 10 yrs

Plates
05-26-2009, 09:09 AM
I actually hope so. I would like to see another dominant champion besides Fedor. Perhaps I am in the minority,I am so tired of the belts constantly changing hands.
I'm pretty sick of paper champs as well. However, I hate Machida's style. It's so boring to me, so if he stays champ a while the title fights could be pretty boring. Kind of like the 185 division is now.

dublin-lifter
05-26-2009, 09:29 AM
yea hopefully theres a chap that stays dominant for a while in light heavywieght it is kinda annoyin when the title changes hands every time there is championship fight

Johnny Phenomenon
05-26-2009, 09:31 PM
Two guys who stand a chance against him are Rampage and Shogun. Page has great raw strength and wrestling, and he could really work the ground game well against an otherwise untested Machida ground game. Rua is long and calculated, and has underrated striking with a great MT technique. I would also love to see him take on Forrest, I think it would be a fun fight.

ArcherJames
05-27-2009, 09:57 AM
Rampage can't handle Machida.I had the biggest smile on my face last night when he knocked out cold that cocky asshole clown Rashad Evans!I could watch that replay over and over!

Amen brother. I did watch the replay over and over and it was better every time.

ArcherJames
05-27-2009, 09:59 AM

At first I was a bit skeptical of his style but as he has decided to engage more I find it more interesting.

His style is really a reflection of his opponents weaknesses. Machida is constantly adapting, while a fight is taking place no less, and that is hard to train for.

dublin-lifter
05-27-2009, 11:11 AM
At first I was a bit skeptical of his style but as he has decided to engage more I find it more interesting.

His style is really a reflection of his opponents weaknesses. Machida is constantly adapting, while a fight is taking place no less, and that is hard to train for.

thats kinda of what kartae is do isnt it it dosent specalise in one thing you find a weakness in your oppent and exploit it

ArcherJames
05-27-2009, 08:05 PM
thats kinda of what kartae is do isnt it it dosent specalise in one thing you find a weakness in your oppent and exploit it

Ideally but sometimes it can be very rigid.

Thad
05-31-2009, 09:32 PM
Rampage turned down a title shot. He wants to fight Evans, there's 2 loses in a row for Evans.

BABOON
06-01-2009, 06:55 AM
not a fucken hope machida would kill him

What a ridiculous thing to say. Nobody has come close the beating Silva in the UFC. Silva's record is far more impressive than Machida's, he's faced a much higer tier of opponents.

dublin-lifter
06-01-2009, 08:47 AM
What a ridiculous thing to say. Nobody has come close the beating Silva in the UFC. Silva's record is far more impressive than Machida's, he's faced a much higer tier of opponents.

no he hasnt the middle weight cat is a joke light heavy weight is much more competitve

<~~StrengthByGod~~>
06-01-2009, 11:42 AM
i fucken hate him but i say rampage will be next against machida and id say machida will win confortabley whats everyones elses thoughts

Machida is nasty!

dublin-lifter
06-01-2009, 11:52 AM
Machida is nasty!

apparently rampage is not up next anymore because he is doing the next ultimate fighter so i ve heard anyway

but yea id say machida will be dominant for a while very hard to fight against him

Sensei
06-02-2009, 02:37 PM
Looks like Shogun is gonna be next since Rampage & Rashad are coaches for TUF 10. I dont see shogun beating Machida though could be a competitive fight. Shogun has some of the best BJJ in 205 but can he get machida to the ground?

dublin-lifter
06-04-2009, 08:21 PM
Looks like Shogun is gonna be next since Rampage & Rashad are coaches for TUF 10. I dont see shogun beating Machida though could be a competitive fight. Shogun has some of the best BJJ in 205 but can he get machida to the ground?

it will be hard but id say its his only chance even then we dont know that machida has a bit of bjj up his sleeve remember karate is very rounded its about defending yourself against your oppents weakness in all situations

maxititer
06-06-2009, 11:56 PM
Evans strategy was wrong, he said after fight, - I was waiting forhim to come.

Machida's weak point is that he can effectively hit on middle and longer distances. If Evans was able get closer to him and work on very close distances, advantage will be on Evans side, or at least equal.

That is what Fedor done in Tim Silvia fight, he got very close and worked on Tim from that distance and Tim did not expected that such thing may happen.

Sensei
06-28-2009, 11:20 PM
Its official UFC 104 main event in Los Angeles october 26th i believe, machida & shogun! I gotta go with Machida as he has been more impressive than shogun in his last fights!