PDA

View Full Version : Chicken Pad Thai

stephaniewicked
05-25-2009, 07:02 PM
If these ingredients are in your diet and you like thai food, you have to try this!! I just made it and it's taking every bit of strength for me not to devour the whole thing! :p

Ingredients:
1/3 cup peanut butter, softened (I used all natural, reduced fat skippy - chunky)
3 tbsp water
2 tbsp soy sauce (made by Kikkoman - lowest sodium brand I could find)
juice from 2 limes (I actually didn't have this, so I substituted with a little bit of diet ginger ale)
1 tbsp fresh minced ginger
1/2 tsp brown sugar (I used brown sugar splenda)
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, or to taste
salt to taste (I used sea salt)
chicken (I only had 2 breasts left over, but you could use more or less, or even another protein - depends on your preference)
sesame seeds (optional - I added this to the original recipe I found)
2 packages miracle noodles
1 can bean sprouts

Preparation:
- Whisk the first 9 ingredients together in a small bowl. If needed, you can microwave the peanut butter for a few seconds first to soften it up.
- Dice chicken and cook by stovetop until almost completely cooked.
- Meanwhile, cleanse miracle noodles, as you normally would.
- When chicken is done, add "sauce" and noodles and stir well.
- Total prep/cook time: 10-15 minutes!!

My addition:
- I wasn't sure if my chicken was done, so I then immediately transferred it to a baking dish and threw it in the oven on 400 degrees for about ten minutes. This made the sauce a little bit thicker and helped the noodles absorb it better.

Mouse
05-25-2009, 08:35 PM
I absolutely love chicken pad thai (and all thai food) but never even considered trying to make it. I'll definitely try this when not dieting (using real noodles though...I'm not sure I'd like those miracle noodles).

lilfella
06-09-2009, 09:51 PM
I absolutely love chicken pad thai (and all thai food) but never even considered trying to make it. I'll definitely try this when not dieting (using real noodles though...I'm not sure I'd like those miracle noodles).
It's so easy to make. I use a slightly different recipe but end result is delicious every time. Try it you will love it.

fits
06-10-2009, 04:21 AM
Sounds great stephaniewicked, ill give it a go!