PDA

View Full Version : Blood Type diets...

Razer
05-26-2009, 03:25 AM
Anyone here try or are on a blood type diet? The last Heavy Muscle radio show on 5/25/09 they mentioned that Jay Cutler is back on this type of dieting. Seems he use to do these diets a few years back. Has anyone here tried it or are you on it now and what did you think of this way of dieting? What resources did/do you use to create a menu for blood type diets?

Myth
05-26-2009, 12:43 PM
its a gimmick;)

Youngguns
05-26-2009, 12:45 PM
Actually, I'm type O-, which means I can eat cherry cheesecake on Saturdays! WOOO!

Myth
05-26-2009, 01:54 PM
Exactly! Me too! :D

"Rodz"
05-27-2009, 04:01 AM
Actually, I'm type O-, which means I can eat cherry cheesecake on Saturdays! WOOO!

I tought i was type O, which is why i have such a slender figure now, lol I was wrong......ok maybe no lol

BigJD69
05-27-2009, 09:46 AM
I heard it was a BIG SCAM!!!!

Frosty
05-27-2009, 09:50 AM
It's bogus for the most part, but there is some truth in it.

Simple blood type is not going to say what you can and cannot eat. However that's not to say that there are different metabolisms out there. This is very evident. Tests needed to determine the general diet you should use is quite involved and expensive...blood type isn't going to tell you. A better way is to just experiment and see what works. If a carb diet allows you to be lean and function the best mentally, then that's obvious what it says, and if a low carb diet allows you to be lean and feel great, then that's pretty obvious :)

As far as food selection goes, I always recommend a good food allergy/sensitivity blood test if possible. Not the normal crappy allergy tests like docs normally do. Something like an ELISA/ACT that tests for immediate and delayed responses. You can test for over 600 things, and then you know exactly what to avoid.

GottaGetLean
06-23-2009, 12:33 PM
blood type diets are trash:lift: