PDA

View Full Version : Q&A with Leigh Penman!

Pages : [1] 2

huge285
02-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Ask all your drug questions for one of our resident experts, Leigh Penman!

rockgym
02-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Leigh Penman can you tell us a little bit about youself?? i am new to the chem e world, i have never heard of you. im sure you have some valuable info if dave and john have welcomed you here.

TaylorB
02-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Leigh Penman, why are you considered an "expert" ?

Aaron Singerman
02-10-2009, 06:11 PM
From bodybuilding.com:

Leigh Penman has been writing for bodybuilding magazines, websites and nutritional supplement companies since 1985.

Background

Leigh Penman has been writing for bodybuilding magazines, websites and nutritional supplement companies since 1985. Whilst residing in the UK she earned the reputation of being one of the top female writers in the bodybuilding related media. Her credits included being a contributing editor on all the magazines in production as well as filling the shoes of Ladies Editor and Showbiz Editor on two publications (the later being on Arnolds sanctioned magazine 'Bodypower'). During this time she also competed successfully on four occasions (placing in the top four in all contests).

Relocating to New York in the late 1990's she focused her writing attention to crystal healing techniques and metaphysics - however, she still maintained a five day work-out schedule during this time and gained her personal training certificate.

Having also studied pharmacology in relation to sports performance her writing began taking her in that direction until the present day which sees her embarking on a return to the magazine world as well as extending her web related work in the bodybuilding and fitness field.

Leigh has been working out for close to thirty years so she is clearly a writer who 'walks her talk'.

Aaron Singerman
02-10-2009, 06:13 PM
Pictures of Leigh (also from bb.com)

smvmuscle
02-10-2009, 06:24 PM
thanks aaron she will be a great addition to the team

welcome leigh......

whey2fun
02-11-2009, 04:40 PM
I would like to know more about Trenbolone acetate side affects. I stopped bodybuilding 17 years ago and just started back last April and to my surprise everything has changed so much. In the past I took Cypionate,Propionate,Enanthate,Decanoate,the painful shot of Winstrol,Equipoise,Anadrol and the one I always like the most was the little blue pill Dianabol. All I see is home made gear every where is there any of these items still out in the U.S. that is real? and does any company still make the real Dianabol?

Lee Penman
02-11-2009, 05:51 PM
Hi! I will shortly be putting up a whole set of profiles and you will find all the info on Tren Acetate there. As long as you don't find the frequent injections a pain in the ass (literally!) Tren doesn't usually present users with troublesome sides. So called "tren cough" following inj. is common but hardly debilitating. Others have sleeping problems. The results usually outweigh the sides though. Dianabol is heavily counterfieted, true but the quality is usually good.

sassy69
02-11-2009, 06:12 PM
Hi Leigh!

Reloaded
02-11-2009, 09:54 PM
Hello Leigh.. Equipose, like it? Hate it ? Why? ( as a compound, not individually)

MMC78
02-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Relocating to New York in the late 1990's she focused her writing attention to crystal healing techniques and metaphysics

Oh my.

sassy69
02-12-2009, 02:02 AM
Hi Leigh, here's a question I also posted on the women's board:

My question is, is there a documented point where use of nolvadex would induce premature menopause? For competition use, Anabolics 200x and other similar refs recommend no longer than 8 weeks use. The medical literature is generalyl only in the context of treatment of breast cancer patients. The initial treatment recommendation is to use Nolvadex. I understand the treatment is (or was) generally recommended for 5 yrs. More recent documentation suggests switching over to aromatase inhibitors (AIs) like arimidex after 2 yrs of Nolvadex for improved results. Since AIs won't address ovary-produced estrogen and instead aromatized androgens from the adrenals, I guess that assumes after 2 years on nolvadex, if you were pre-menopausal, you would now be experiencing early menopause. So somewhere between 8 weeks & 2 yrs it looks like nolvadex will induce early menopause. Is there anything that indicates where in that range it actually happens? Or correct anything in my logic to arrive at that question.

Thx!

KindaSwol
02-12-2009, 03:16 PM
What are the Major Pros/Cons to running short and long estered compounds together?

Ie; Npp with Test Cyp instead of Test Prop..

NaPent
02-12-2009, 05:06 PM
Difference between running HGH vs IGF-1. Mainly why would you use IGF-l vs HGH

IanMazia
02-12-2009, 06:17 PM
Hey Leigh, what are your thoughts on using Nolvadex PCT in substitute of Clomid?

sassy69
02-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Comments on cabaser vs pramipexole?

sassy69
02-13-2009, 03:17 AM
Another question -- what are your top 5 recommended supporting supplements for running an AAS cycle. I.e. what OTC supps should go along w/ whatever AAS cycle to support the body while under the influence of various compounds?

sassy69
02-13-2009, 08:22 AM
Another, very common question for women - your thoughts on the interaction of birth control & AAS?

IanMazia
02-13-2009, 04:26 PM
What are your thoughts on using insulin pre-workout?

Lee Penman
02-13-2009, 05:29 PM
Equipoise, although not known for its rapid mass building effects, is in my opinion one of the safer anabolic compounds. When kept at recommended doses incidences of acne, water retention and high blood pressure are rare. It also aromatizes 50% less than test. Liver toxicity is also not an issue. The only thing is that you really have to stack it with another compound (e.g. test) in order to really reap the benefits - this would of course increase chances of sides. It is also highly counterfeited.

Lee Penman
02-13-2009, 05:39 PM
Sassy, this is a very complex and intriguing subject to me. The female hormonal system is so complex that introducing Nolvadex prior to menopause can cause 'symptoms of menopause' and stop ovulation. However, the resiliance of the fhs means that it usually returns to normal and periods resume on discontinuance. The time it takes for this to occur will vary because of individual chemistry. Taking it long term would not be a good idea as SOME estrogen is needed when it comes to building muscle. The overall effects on the body of a pre menopausal woman are also considerable. Nolvadex also lowers IGF levels.
On the plus side however, it does seem to elevate HDL (good) cholesterol levels.
To your original question (ahem...how easy am I to side track!!!) I personally don't think it would trigger early menopause unless it was used for outrageously long periods of time.
I would like to open this up to other female readers to share their experiences. I also know of some women who routinely take some form of anabolic to avoid the monthly cycle year round. Let's here from you all out there!

Lee Penman
02-13-2009, 05:45 PM
Running short and long chained esters together? This could be considered advantageous in some quarters due to the initial impact of the fast acting ester. It may also promote a more stable and sustained release of the compounds used. A ready made example of this would be Sustanon 250. Some athletes even choose to front load this substance with 1000-1500mg for the first two weeks before resuming a regular schedule.
Body chemistry is also a very important part of the equation. What works - or is desirable- for one may not suit all!

Lee Penman
02-13-2009, 05:47 PM
Nolvadex v Clomid PCT....For men I would definitely go with the clomid. However Nolvadex may be taken with it as a double insurance policy - although many men already take Nolvadex during a heavy androgen cycle anyways.

Lee Penman
02-13-2009, 05:53 PM
Sassy (you are keeping me very busy, lol!) Top 5 supplements? wow...you are talking to the supplement queen here!!! Selecting only 5 is tough for an addict like myself however....definitely some form of liver/blood protector (Milk Thistle, Dandelion...poss NAC). A good essential fatty acid supplement (Species OMEGALYZE is especially good), Strong B complex, Taurine (if you are taking Clen), Coral Calcium and can I sneak in Vit C and CHLORELLA (see what I mean...call Dr Drew, rehab needs me, lol!)

Lee Penman
02-13-2009, 05:57 PM
Sassy (hello stranger!!) Birth control and AAS? Stand back, strong opinion here...NO!
Birth control pills and muscle building are as compatible as an ostrich and a sparrow!
I would say birth control pills do more harm to the female body in the long term the properly used anabolics....controversial old me, tut! tut!

Lee Penman
02-13-2009, 06:00 PM
What are your thoughts on using insulin pre-workout?
Pre-workout Insulin...wow, another controversial subject for moi!! There are legions who would argue with me (and I can hear their yells like distant thunder!!) but I don't think anyone who is not a diagnosed diabetic has any business messing with insulin. Instead you should be thankful it is not a NECESSARY part of your daily existance!!
And now I will remove myself from my soap box...ahem!

Lee Penman
02-13-2009, 06:03 PM
Thanks for all your questions folks. If it sometimes takes me a little while to get back to you hang tight...I am out saving souls in Greenwich Village (lol!) but I will respond to you all in due course!

sassy69
02-13-2009, 06:53 PM
Sassy (hello stranger!!) Birth control and AAS? Stand back, strong opinion here...NO!
Birth control pills and muscle building are as compatible as an ostrich and a sparrow!
I would say birth control pills do more harm to the female body in the long term the properly used anabolics....controversial old me, tut! tut!

Now wouldn't that raise some eyebrows....

Thanks for your time & patience :)

From what I can gather, they aren't "interact" (in the sense that you find the list of medications you shouldn't mix), but their purposes are completely opposite and hitting your body w/ both is giving your body two different & opposing signals.

That said, would you recommend for a woman to stay on b/c while on a cycle for birth control purposes? Or come off & use a backup method of birth control (or opt for a non-hormonal method such as an IUD)?

sassy69
02-13-2009, 07:03 PM
Here's another one that I posted in its own thread but might end up lost ... what's your take on "estrogen rebound" in women? E.g. use of nolvadex, or even adex / other AI for competition & then coming off? Granted its hard to tell how much of the effect is from those & how much is from the rest of post-comp rebound? I guess first question is, does "estrogen rebound" really exist? And if yes, how would one minimize it?

tammyp
02-14-2009, 10:05 AM
what should a woman never take in your opinion?

whats your favorite mass builder for women?

Aaron Singerman
02-15-2009, 02:24 AM
Leigh- Great thread so far... been enjoying hearing your opinions! I'm glad to have you here!

mshane
02-15-2009, 06:51 PM
What would you advise for a male 40 year old first timer looking to build some mass, strength, and lose some body fat.I work a 24 on 48 off schedule and lift on my work days.On my off days I run or ride my bike. I am attempting to use Dave's keto diet.Thank you in advance for any advice.

tammyp
02-16-2009, 06:06 AM
mshane..this is the womens thread, better post up in the open section

2hot4u
02-16-2009, 06:42 AM
I don't think this is under the women section. it is listed under the chemical enhancement category?? maybe i missed it myself

mshane
02-16-2009, 03:54 PM
mshane..this is the womens thread, better post up in the open section
oh o.k. sorry!!!!!!!!!!!

brady2220
02-16-2009, 04:06 PM
Leigh,
I was just wondering what were your thoughts on oral turinabol. how many Mg's a day would it take to get the best results out of it. can you use tbol for an oral only cycle or is it to be used as a kick starter only like dianabol?

tammyp
02-17-2009, 08:02 AM
I don't think this is under the women section. it is listed under the chemical enhancement category?? maybe i missed it myself

maybe im wrong, but i thought she was here for the womens portion of the CE.

Lee Penman
02-17-2009, 05:11 PM
Now wouldn't that raise some eyebrows....

Thanks for your time & patience :)

From what I can gather, they aren't "interact" (in the sense that you find the list of medications you shouldn't mix), but their purposes are completely opposite and hitting your body w/ both is giving your body two different & opposing signals.

That said, would you recommend for a woman to stay on b/c while on a cycle for birth control purposes? Or come off & use a backup method of birth control (or opt for a non-hormonal method such as an IUD)?
I would say that a woman shouldn't definitely come off of birth control while on a cycle in order to 1) maximize gains
2)Prevent hormonal chaos!

Lee Penman
02-17-2009, 05:17 PM
Here's another one that I posted in its own thread but might end up lost ... what's your take on "estrogen rebound" in women? E.g. use of nolvadex, or even adex / other AI for competition & then coming off? Granted its hard to tell how much of the effect is from those & how much is from the rest of post-comp rebound? I guess first question is, does "estrogen rebound" really exist? And if yes, how would one minimize it?
Sassy...yes estrogen rebound does exist and it can even happen with some of the OTT estrogen inhibitors, for women anyway. It really depends on what your hormone status was before you started using the drug when it comes to how bad the rebound effect is. It seems that estrogen is much happier to come back after supression than testosterone.
A VERY slow taper might alleviate rebound. Things will usually balance themselves out naturally in the end but that doesn't make it any easier for the sufferer in the midst of est dominance (or her friends and family, lol!).

Lee Penman
02-17-2009, 05:23 PM
what should a woman never take in your opinion?

whats your favorite mass builder for women?
Hmmm....my opinion....oh yes, there it is (I thought I'd lost it for a moment!!). Seriously though, if I was being responsible (and I usually am!)... I would have to say Testosterone in any form and any of the heavy orals like Anadrol, Halotestin and even D-Bol (T-Bol would be prefered). Having said that, many top level competitors use Test Prop and even other esters.
The best mass builder? (an no I'm not going to say the 'classic' Anavar!) Probably EQ, Deca (though most women hate the bloat) and Primo. As for orals, probably T Bol as it has an anabolic index of 100 and an androgenic index of 0.

Lee Penman
02-17-2009, 05:25 PM
Leigh- Great thread so far... been enjoying hearing your opinions! I'm glad to have you here!
Thanks for the welcome. I am having a lot of fun here ....in case you hadn't noticed!

Lee Penman
02-17-2009, 05:31 PM
Leigh,
I was just wondering what were your thoughts on oral turinabol. how many Mg's a day would it take to get the best results out of it. can you use tbol for an oral only cycle or is it to be used as a kick starter only like dianabol?
Turinabol (T-bol) is really a non aromatizable version of D Bal therefore you will not get estrogen related sides unless you are VERY sensitive. Usually men use 40-50mg per day. I would not 'kick start' it with D bal, no point! It is has an anabolic index of 100 and an androgenic index of zero however, so some form of test in the background is advisable for men. The results are not astounding but - like EQ - they are quality. Results can take about 4 weeks to really show but increased muscle pumps usually manifest pretty early on

Lee Penman
02-17-2009, 05:34 PM
What would you advise for a male 40 year old first timer looking to build some mass, strength, and lose some body fat.I work a 24 on 48 off schedule and lift on my work days.On my off days I run or ride my bike. I am attempting to use Dave's keto diet.Thank you in advance for any advice.
As a first timer, testosterone is a good bet. If bodyfat is a problem you may want to add some Clen. For you though, pretty much anything is going to deliver since your body is virgin territory ( I am talking about drug wise!).

brady2220
02-18-2009, 05:04 PM
Leigh,
Im 22, I plan on competing in my fourth bodybuilding show in the summer of 2010 so i have enough time to put on more muscle weight and thickness/size. I Was thinking of doing my first cycle of test 250 mg, deca 200 mg once a week for 14 weeks and the "possiblity" of using Igf1. I figured i would start at a low mg level now so that in later cycles my body would adjust to gradualy higher levels over time and slowly build up, as opposed to starting out at higher mg levels and needing more and more everytime. What are your thoughts and should the test and deca be taken twice a week? Anything else you would suggest or add to this. Thanks

Lee Penman
02-18-2009, 05:21 PM
Comments on cabaser vs pramipexole?
Sassy...I was just looking through the file and saw that I had completely stepped over this one, apologies! Now to your question....
Both Pramipexole and Cabaser (Dostinex) increase dopamine levels and have been used off prescription to restore test levels/libido, appetite supression and fat loss. However, they are basically intended for Parkinson's and RLS treatment.
If you could find a legitimate reason for using them I would have to pick Cabaser over pramipexole due to sides. Pram. can cause crazy behavior sides and daytime drowsiness. The behavior sides are due to the drugs action on D3 receptor activity. Bodybuilders would choose Cabaser especially due to its prolactin lowering effects (which rise significantly with Deca and Tren use).
Honestly though, both drugs have such crazy sides that in the real world I wouldn't recommend either of them.

Lee Penman
02-18-2009, 05:24 PM
Leigh,
Im 22, I plan on competing in my fourth bodybuilding show in the summer of 2010 so i have enough time to put on more muscle weight and thickness/size. I Was thinking of doing my first cycle of test 250 mg, deca 200 mg once a week for 14 weeks and the "possiblity" of using Igf1. I figured i would start at a low mg level now so that in later cycles my body would adjust to gradualy higher levels over time and slowly build up, as opposed to starting out at higher mg levels and needing more and more everytime. What are your thoughts and should the test and deca be taken twice a week? Anything else you would suggest or add to this. Thanks
Hi! I would like to know more about your height, weight and history of drug use before I gave you my opinion

brady2220
02-18-2009, 08:35 PM
my bad. height is 5'9'' 222lbs, tried prohormones three times and got really good results from them, seemed to react to them very quickly. but ive realized how liver toxic they were and have stayed away from them for about a year now.

A.Carter
02-19-2009, 06:52 AM
How far out from a Comp. would you stop anadrol?

banger
02-19-2009, 07:33 AM
Can oil based drugs be consumed orally? Does the stomach have the ability to break them down and absorb them correctly? If so is there a loss in the active compound?

Maximus7132005
02-21-2009, 12:20 AM
ive been lifting for 6 years natuarly and im thinking about using some gear, what do you guys reccomend to start, nothing to extreme and with the least side effects as possible

chris250
02-22-2009, 05:04 PM
Good thread

2hot4u
02-24-2009, 05:08 PM
I have a question in regards to letting your doc know about the steriod use a person may be on? Some say to NEVER tell because it is then in your file and even if they can't report you due to doc/patient confidentially if something did happen they will automatically blame the steriods. I feel that the doc should know in case something in your health did change so they know exactly what they are dealing with. It would be nice to be able to be honest but not worry that you would be doing yourself more harm by being open and honest. What is your take on the topic and how do you guide your patients if you feel they are using something to enhance their sports performance? Second, are you going to be at the arnold this year?

Lee Penman
02-25-2009, 05:40 PM
Leigh,
Experienced users would certainly use test and deca twice a week but at your age and since this is your first cycle staying on the low side would be safest and, since this is your first cycle, just about anything is going to give results since your body is unaccustomed to it! You may even want to go lighter with either just test or Primo (hello A Rod!) at 200mg/week and 50mg Winstrol every other day. A stronger cycle would be Test E - 400mg every other day stacked with Deca - 250mg every third day.
However, keeping your first time use low and uncomplicated will give you a better idea when it comes to assessing results.

Lee Penman
02-25-2009, 05:44 PM
How far out from a Comp. would you stop anadrol?
Due to Anadrol's extreme toxicity it is a drug that should be limited to periods of 4 - 6 weeks. When it comes to contest time you should not be using it in your pre contest regime at all. On coming off anadrol remember to stay on Nolvadex (which I presume you are using) for at least four weeks. You could also throw in a little test just to maintain the size and strength gained. Anadrol may be highly effective but just remember...it is one of the most toxic steroids available.

Lee Penman
02-25-2009, 05:49 PM
I have a question in regards to letting your doc know about the steriod use a person may be on? Some say to NEVER tell because it is then in your file and even if they can't report you due to doc/patient confidentially if something did happen they will automatically blame the steriods. I feel that the doc should know in case something in your health did change so they know exactly what they are dealing with. It would be nice to be able to be honest but not worry that you would be doing yourself more harm by being open and honest. What is your take on the topic and how do you guide your patients if you feel they are using something to enhance their sports performance? Second, are you going to be at the arnold this year?
Hi! First off all I am not a doctor (sorry to disappoint you-lol!)... Yes I do have 'patients' but they are known as such because they are 'patient' with me!
It really depend on your relationship with your doctor as to whether you tell them you are on steroids. I mean if you 'look' like a bodybuilder and your hematocrit and haemoglobin is through the roof... I think they will figure it out anyway! With the right doctor you can be open but remember, even doctors have a strong opinion about anabolics and will usually attribute any malady to their use just to get you to stop taking them.
Unfortunately I will not be at the Arnold- though I would love to go! I will make sure I get the day off work for the NY Pro though!!

Lee Penman
02-25-2009, 05:52 PM
ive been lifting for 6 years natuarly and im thinking about using some gear, what do you guys reccomend to start, nothing to extreme and with the least side effects as possible
6 years is a very short time to be training to start using gear...but I know it happens all the time! Once again the protocol would be to start with something mild and low dosed or go with a test only cycle. Do try and stay clear of orals from the very beginning though, they are far more likely to cause you problems further down the road.

Lee Penman
02-25-2009, 05:59 PM
Can oil based drugs be consumed orally? Does the stomach have the ability to break them down and absorb them correctly? If so is there a loss in the active compound?
Do I detect someone with a fear of needles here...lol! The only injeectable product I have ever heard people taking orally was Winstrol. As for taking oil based inj's orally....they were made to be injected for a reason....to enhance uptake and absorption. Taking them orally would be 1) Nauseating 2) A waste of time and money.

brady2220
02-25-2009, 06:49 PM
Leigh,
Ive always wondered in the off-season for guys who compete at the olympia what other than AAS, insulin, igf, hgh would they use? im sure they do AAS everyother day as opposed to loading it up one or two times a week, but was just curious how they get so round and so full and come in bone dry on stage at like 250-275 lbs. Are there other things out there that most in the bodybuilding world just havn't heard of or just don't know about that these guys have that they use?

banger
02-25-2009, 07:39 PM
Leigh ur too funny, i don't mind needles, but having blood drawn makes me pass out. i have used winstrol depot orally because i had too and it was ok.

IanMazia
02-25-2009, 10:59 PM
Hey Leigh, I just read your profile on Andriol, and it was very informative! The question I have is this: If Andriol does not reduce LH or FSH, and does not disrupt the HPTA as you suggest, could Andriol be used as an effective and safe bridge without being suppresive on one's own natural production of testosterone?

Lee Penman
02-27-2009, 05:37 PM
Leigh,
Ive always wondered in the off-season for guys who compete at the olympia what other than AAS, insulin, igf, hgh would they use? im sure they do AAS everyother day as opposed to loading it up one or two times a week, but was just curious how they get so round and so full and come in bone dry on stage at like 250-275 lbs. Are there other things out there that most in the bodybuilding world just havn't heard of or just don't know about that these guys have that they use?
Hi! I think the big guys just use all the things that the 'little' guys use but in larger, more frequent doses. I don't think they have any 'secret drugs'. I'm sure most use the standard test, GH, Deca, Tren, EQ etc and regular pre contest protocol. I think it is also more than likely that they have access to superior knowledge and guidance. Then again, now everyone at RX has access to superior knowledge and guidance via Dave Palumbo! Maybe you should ask Dave if you are really curious to get the inside scoop.

Lee Penman
02-27-2009, 05:40 PM
Leigh ur too funny, i don't mind needles, but having blood drawn makes me pass out. i have used winstrol depot orally because i had too and it was ok.
Having blood drawn would make anyone pass out! I had to have mine done this week, the crazy doc didn't have her glasses on, missed the vein the first time (and it is big enough!) and left me with bruises like a heroin addict!
Ahem, if the oral winny was okay for you, good. Anything else though, stick to the way the steroid god intended (?) needles, needles, needles!

Lee Penman
02-27-2009, 05:43 PM
Hey Leigh, I just read your profile on Andriol, and it was very informative! The question I have is this: If Andriol does not reduce LH or FSH, and does not disrupt the HPTA as you suggest, could Andriol be used as an effective and safe bridge without being suppresive on one's own natural production of testosterone?
Interesteing question. I guess it could but the only trouble is it would become very costly as you would have to use so much to keep levels stable. Maybe a LONG acting compound like Nebido would better serve your purpose. It is basically an injectable form of Andriol with a long activity in the body. Look out for a forthcoming profile.

JVALDEZ
02-28-2009, 04:42 PM
Very nice to have you on the board! Whats your take on helios?

sassy69
03-01-2009, 04:32 PM
Bloating from anavar? This is always a mystery question -- anavar doesn't convert so there's no estrogen-driven water retention. But so many people say they bloat from anavar. Sometimes people will suggest its not actually anavar, but it doesn't seem like its possible that EVERY time, the person got bad stuff? Possible its something in the makeup of the compound to get thru the liver? (I'm reaching.. just something I heard mentioned).

mshane
03-02-2009, 09:46 AM
As a first timer, testosterone is a good bet. If bodyfat is a problem you may want to add some Clen. For you though, pretty much anything is going to deliver since your body is virgin territory ( I am talking about drug wise!).
thanks

Maximus7132005
03-02-2009, 05:48 PM
6 years is a very short time to be training to start using gear...but I know it happens all the time! Once again the protocol would be to start with something mild and low dosed or go with a test only cycle. Do try and stay clear of orals from the very beginning though, they are far more likely to cause you problems further down the road.

lol I thought 6 yrs was pretty long at least its felt like that for me lol.
what would you consider being a good # of years training naturally before even thinking of using gear.

Lee Penman
03-04-2009, 05:29 PM
Bloating from anavar? This is always a mystery question -- anavar doesn't convert so there's no estrogen-driven water retention. But so many people say they bloat from anavar. Sometimes people will suggest its not actually anavar, but it doesn't seem like its possible that EVERY time, the person got bad stuff? Possible its something in the makeup of the compound to get thru the liver? (I'm reaching.. just something I heard mentioned).
Anavar, like most oral drugs, can cause gastric irritation which may contribute to water retention. Also, Anavar interferes with estrogen/progesterone cycles in women...which can also lead to water retention.

Lee Penman
03-04-2009, 05:36 PM
lol I thought 6 yrs was pretty long at least its felt like that for me lol.
what would you consider being a good # of years training naturally before even thinking of using gear.
I agree with you in that a lot of individuals don't even wait for six years before they start with steroids. Some buy their first stack as part of a package deal with their gym membership (lol!). However, the longer you can wait the more primed your body will be to put the drugs to the best use. I am not trying to be the Mother Theresa of Steroids here, honestly. I would say give it another couple of years. Greg Valentino claims to have trained naturally for 23 yrs before using...you can take that or leave it...even allowing for 'poetic license' that would mean 13 yrs (!). However,if you must....and I know you probably will (mind reading is a skill of mine, lol!) Then start as light as possible that way you will not get your body accustomed to high doses from the beginning. Just give yourself a test boost and see what happens.

Lee Penman
03-04-2009, 05:57 PM
Very nice to have you on the board! Whats your take on helios?
I would stick with clen or clen and low dose T3. Yohimbe can sometimes have worse side effects than pharmaceuticals in some people....probably because they take too much thinking they are safe because it isn't a 'drug'! The T3 will increase your metabolism and the clen will help calm its catabolic effects whilst also burning fat. T3 will also keep the beta receptors open to the clen for longer.

Maximus7132005
03-04-2009, 08:42 PM
I agree with you in that a lot of individuals don't even wait for six years before they start with steroids. Some buy their first stack as part of a package deal with their gym membership (lol!). However, the longer you can wait the more primed your body will be to put the drugs to the best use. I am not trying to be the Mother Theresa of Steroids here, honestly. I would say give it another couple of years. Greg Valentino claims to have trained naturally for 23 yrs before using...you can take that or leave it...even allowing for 'poetic license' that would mean 13 yrs (!). However,if you must....and I know you probably will (mind reading is a skill of mine, lol!) Then start as light as possible that way you will not get your body accustomed to high doses from the beginning. Just give yourself a test boost and see what happens.

Oh okay thanks for the advice, nah I think I would wait then a couple of more years and see when I tap out my natural potential then maybe ill try some stuff,

pain85
03-05-2009, 08:21 PM
i recently got some dbols and they look liek the real stuff and everything but someone here has to know about this part...when you leave it on your tongue it usually dissolves into sand since its from a powder substance right??? well when the ones i got now when wet they all get stuck together like a marshmellow ever heard of this???? or something similiar?? what do you think leigh

squat
03-05-2009, 11:52 PM
i have a couple of andriol boxes but they are all past due april 2008, could they still be ok? what do you say

Lee Penman
03-06-2009, 05:32 PM
i recently got some dbols and they look liek the real stuff and everything but someone here has to know about this part...when you leave it on your tongue it usually dissolves into sand since its from a powder substance right??? well when the ones i got now when wet they all get stuck together like a marshmellow ever heard of this???? or something similiar?? what do you think leigh
Hmmm...never heard of this one...D'Bol 'Smores' (lol!). Seriously though. D bol is not designed to be taken sublingually (or dissolved on your tongue) but if the marshmallow effect is being experienced I would assume it is something to do with the binders and fillers being used in the manufacture of these products. Perhaps some underground labs use cheaper binding products (just a guess). If this is the case it may be supposed that such a company would also short change you in terms of actual ingredient content (this is strictly supposition though). You could check out the lab reports on www.bodyofscience.com to see if your product is listed.

Lee Penman
03-06-2009, 05:35 PM
i have a couple of andriol boxes but they are all past due april 2008, could they still be ok? what do you say
Steroids and other medications are not yogurt and their 'use by dates' usually leave a generous margin of error. I would think the only possible problem would be a slight deterioration in potency. But, in less than a year I doubt if anything will be altered in them. You should be okay.

Lee Penman
03-06-2009, 05:39 PM
I am currently putting together several articles for a woman's section on RX and would love to hear feedback and experiences from all female bodybuilders on the subjects of steroids used/favored...good/bad experiences....dosages.
Also how steroids affected menstrual cycles...do any women take steroids to stop their periods altogether etc.
Thanks in advance...let's work together to make the women's section the greatest!!!

Lee Penman
03-06-2009, 05:45 PM
Just for your entertainment...here are some side effects...guess the drug....
Side effects : chest pain, weakness, shortness of breath, slurred speech, problems with vision and balance, black, bloody or tarry stools, coughing up blood, swelling or rapid weight gain, urinating less than usual or not at all, nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, jaundice, sore throat, headache, skin rash, bruising,tingling, numbness,pain, weakness, chills, light sensitivity, upset stomach, heartburn, gas, dizziness, blurred vision, ringing in ears.......

Well, did you guess?
It is dear old ibuprofen....makes you think eh!

apex23
03-06-2009, 06:40 PM
Do you believe that Milk Thistle and Liv-52 might affect the muscle building effects of D-Bol or Anadrol?

pain85
03-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Hmmm...never heard of this one...D'Bol 'Smores' (lol!). Seriously though. D bol is not designed to be taken sublingually (or dissolved on your tongue) but if the marshmallow effect is being experienced I would assume it is something to do with the binders and fillers being used in the manufacture of these products. Perhaps some underground labs use cheaper binding products (just a guess). If this is the case it may be supposed that such a company would also short change you in terms of actual ingredient content (this is strictly supposition though). You could check out the lab reports on www.bodyofscience.com (http://www.bodyofscience.com) to see if your product is listed.

dbol smores well maybe it looks like that to lol i bet u never seen dbols form like this when wet i usually always do that but this is from somewhere else and when your about to swallow them they all got stuck together so i spit it out.it turned like a rock is that normal and safe?? even when you just put water on them its the same thing it does eventually dissolve but takes long with water something cant be right heres the results

Lee Penman
03-09-2009, 07:04 PM
Do you believe that Milk Thistle and Liv-52 might affect the muscle building effects of D-Bol or Anadrol?
Liv 52 and Milk Thistle are both herbal supplements and certainly won't reduce the effects of anabolics in terms of growth, strength etc. They will keep your liver a bit happier during use though!

Lee Penman
03-09-2009, 07:07 PM
dbol smores well maybe it looks like that to lol i bet u never seen dbols form like this when wet i usually always do that but this is from somewhere else and when your about to swallow them they all got stuck together so i spit it out.it turned like a rock is that normal and safe?? even when you just put water on them its the same thing it does eventually dissolve but takes long with water something cant be right heres the results
Oh my god....I see what you mean....these look like meteorites! I would say there is definitely something suspicious about these!!! Woah...I'll be having nightmares now...lol! Seriously though. I wouldn't take a chance on these 'creatures'...write them off as a bad investment.

Mass Construction
03-13-2009, 10:58 PM
what do you think about pro-hormones ?!

tat2mike
03-14-2009, 10:34 AM
What are your thoughts on Test-e or Test Prop what are the differences and when or why would you use one over the other?

Bob Smith Jr.
03-14-2009, 10:39 AM
what is your opinion on liquid clen, t3, and arimidex? Do you think they work just as well as the pills, if gotten from a reliable source of course...

Lee Penman
03-15-2009, 09:46 AM
what do you think about pro-hormones ?!
In my opinion pro hormones can be more dangerous in some respects than 'the real thing'. They can present many undesirable side effects AND your not sure what you are dealing with. The advertising is always alluring sure, but I have seen some people get real messed up from OTC 'steroid alternatives'.

Lee Penman
03-15-2009, 09:54 AM
What are your thoughts on Test-e or Test Prop what are the differences and when or why would you use one over the other?
Test E has a longer life in the body (staying active for approx 14 days, although injections are usually taken at least once a week). Test P is fast acting and clears the system rapidly...it is also less prone to water retention. Many use Test E, Cypionate (which is essentially the same thing) and Sust. in the off season and switch to Prop during contest prep. However, frequent injections (on Prop) can be a pain in the ass (literally!) and many people are a little allergic to this ester and pain at injection site is also a problem. Some find that (off season) diluting it with a compound like Deca (which has a similar molecular weight) helps alleviate the pain.

Lee Penman
03-15-2009, 09:57 AM
what is your opinion on liquid clen, t3, and arimidex? Do you think they work just as well as the pills, if gotten from a reliable source of course...
Many people love the liquid forms of these drugs. My opinion? I would be concerned about possible bacterial growth in a liquid suspension. On the plus side they MAY be absorbed more easily..but that is not 100% proven. The only thing you can do is use yourself as a lab rat and see how they work for you.

Lee Penman
03-17-2009, 05:00 PM
If your diet is correct and you are in prep mode, Test E is absolutely fine. Every gram of carbs needs 2.7 grams of water to carry it so in the absence of high carbs the water retention issues are virtually if not totally negated. I know plenty topnotch NPC and IFBB guys that run Test E right up until show time.
You are absolutely right...thanks for your input!

NPCfigure
03-18-2009, 11:52 AM
Anavar, like most oral drugs, can cause gastric irritation which may contribute to water retention. Also, Anavar interferes with estrogen/progesterone cycles in women...which can also lead to water retention.

Could you still get water retention if you are in surgical menopause with anavar? (no estrogen or progesterone anymore except HRT estrogen...which could just be stopped at anytime)

musclegoddess65
03-18-2009, 02:27 PM
I can't wait until I can sit down and read thru this entire thread!!!

cwk
03-18-2009, 04:10 PM
My question is. Im fixing to start my first cycle and I really dont' know much about the measuring out of the drug. My cycle is going to consist of 150mg of test prop every other day for 8 weeks. How many mL is 600mg a week for 8 weeks for buying purposes? and also how much to i draw out into the syringe to be 150mg??? Thank you very much, i know my questions are pretty amatuer but hey you gotta start somewhere...

Lee Penman
03-18-2009, 06:04 PM
My question is. Im fixing to start my first cycle and I really dont' know much about the measuring out of the drug. My cycle is going to consist of 150mg of test prop every other day for 8 weeks. How many mL is 600mg a week for 8 weeks for buying purposes? and also how much to i draw out into the syringe to be 150mg??? Thank you very much, i know my questions are pretty amatuer but hey you gotta start somewhere...
You usually buy test prop in vials or sachets and most products are dispensed in 10ml vials. Some companies do sell individual ampules but they can be tricky to open. You will see on the product label how many mg of the substance is contained in one measured ml. For example: 100mg/ml, 200mg/ml. So, if you were going for 150mg every other day and your bottle stated 100mg/ml you would go to the 1.5 mark on your syringe.
For buying purposes you would need to multiply 600 x 8 (4800mg) and depending on how many mg/ml in the product you were buying you could calculate how much to buy. ....I hated math at school...can't you tell!
Trust me...it is not that difficult though!

Lee Penman
03-18-2009, 06:09 PM
Could you still get water retention if you are in surgical menopause with anavar? (no estrogen or progesterone anymore except HRT estrogen...which could just be stopped at anytime)
Generally speaking, anavar does not normally cause too much water retention although some individuals will retain water on ANY steroid. Water retention can be controlled by diet (i.e. watch your carbs). As to your hormone status, it would be interesting to see what results you got with anavar. However, it may lessen the water retention effects if they were going to present themselves.

NPCfigure
03-19-2009, 08:41 AM
Generally speaking, anavar does not normally cause too much water retention although some individuals will retain water on ANY steroid. Water retention can be controlled by diet (i.e. watch your carbs). As to your hormone status, it would be interesting to see what results you got with anavar. However, it may lessen the water retention effects if they were going to present themselves.

Thanks Leigh!

tat2mike
03-21-2009, 08:30 AM
Test E has a longer life in the body (staying active for approx 14 days, although injections are usually taken at least once a week). Test P is fast acting and clears the system rapidly...it is also less prone to water retention. Many use Test E, Cypionate (which is essentially the same thing) and Sust. in the off season and switch to Prop during contest prep. However, frequent injections (on Prop) can be a pain in the ass (literally!) and many people are a little allergic to this ester and pain at injection site is also a problem. Some find that (off season) diluting it with a compound like Deca (which has a similar molecular weight) helps alleviate the pain.

Thanks for the answer. Which brings up another question? If Test E and Cypionate are" essentially the samething" would they do the same in a cycle with EQ?

sassy69
03-22-2009, 04:37 AM
Leigh -

Do you have any recommendation for supplements for tendonitis? In particular Bromelain? I already do 4g of MSM, 6 g of EFAs, 6 g of vitamin C.

kell
03-22-2009, 07:10 PM
is there any such thing call trenbolone enethate if there is, whats the dosage? thanks

Hans
03-23-2009, 07:10 AM
Leigh - Great article on menstrual irregularities. This may be a dumb question, but can you explain why osteoporosis is less of a concern for women using AAS?

fits
03-23-2009, 07:10 AM
What PCT would you recommend after a mild 6 week Turinabol cycle? Maybe starting at Just 10mg x day (every 8 hours) going up after to a Max of 60mg per day for the last week. (more of a muscle/strength retaining cycle whilst dieting)

I want to avoid Clomid due to recurring eye problems in the past (Uveitis).

on-line you can read people suggesting no PCT for this cycle, just Nolva, OTC pct products. As Tbol doesn't seem to aromatise I guess all you have to worry about is getting nuts back on-line? could a 6Oxo product be enough to do this?

Lee Penman
03-23-2009, 09:07 AM
Leigh -

Do you have any recommendation for supplements for tendonitis? In particular Bromelain? I already do 4g of MSM, 6 g of EFAs, 6 g of vitamin C.
Your existing supplement plan sounds good. As for Bromelain, the verdict is still not in as to whether it really helps with tendonitis. Some studies point to it being effective in counteracting water retention and exhibiting anti-inflammmatory/analgestic properties. One suggestion I would make is Cissus. It has been used for a long time in Ayurvedic medicine as a tonic and analgesic. It is also recommended to speed up bone and tissue healing. The analgesic effect is caused by Cissus preventing the conversion of arachidonic acid into inflammatory prostaglandins. Some also claim it has anabolic qualities at doses of 4-6grams per day...though this may just be a sales tactic (lol!). As an anti-inflammatory/healing agent 2-3grams/day is recommended.

Lee Penman
03-23-2009, 09:13 AM
is there any such thing call trenbolone enethate if there is, whats the dosage? thanks
There is such a thing as Trenbolone Enanthate. Doses are usually in the 200-600mg/week range and it is usually administered once or twice a week.

Lee Penman
03-23-2009, 09:20 AM
What PCT would you recommend after a mild 6 week Turinabol cycle? Maybe starting at Just 10mg x day (every 8 hours) going up after to a Max of 60mg per day for the last week. (more of a muscle/strength retaining cycle whilst dieting)

I want to avoid Clomid due to recurring eye problems in the past (Uveitis).

on-line you can read people suggesting no PCT for this cycle, just Nolva, OTC pct products. As Tbol doesn't seem to aromatise I guess all you have to worry about is getting nuts back on-line? could a 6Oxo product be enough to do this?
In the case of Turinabol, it does not typically create estrogenic side effects and shutting down of natural test. production is extremely rare and only really happens in long/high dose cycles - which you could hardly be accused of!
If boosting your test levels is a concern I would highly recommend TESTOSTOLYZE from SPECIES NUTRITION (www.speciesnutrition.com (http://www.speciesnutrition.com)). This product not only contains 6 OXO but Saw Palmetto - a herb noted for its ability to curtail DHT production.

Lee Penman
03-23-2009, 09:25 AM
Leigh - Great article on menstrual irregularities. This may be a dumb question, but can you explain why osteoporosis is less of a concern for women using AAS?
Anabolic steroids are known to increase bone mineral density. They assist in retaining calcium so the female using them would be less concerned with osteoporosis when in a non menstruating state.

fits
03-23-2009, 10:27 AM
In the case of Turinabol, it does not typically create estrogenic side effects and shutting down of natural test. production is extremely rare and only really happens in long/high dose cycles - which you could hardly be accused of!
If boosting your test levels is a concern I would highly recommend TESTOSTOLYZE from SPECIES NUTRITION (www.speciesnutrition.com (http://www.speciesnutrition.com)). This product not only contains 6 OXO but Saw Palmetto - a herb noted for its ability to curtail DHT production.

Hey Leigh, thanks for the response.

Even if not completely shut down, surely you will be fairly supressed? would TESTOSTOLYZE be enough?

Mass Construction
03-23-2009, 01:02 PM
hi leigh,

what pct is the best for a 10 weeks first cycle (500mg test-e/ Every Week )

clomid :
week 1 : 50 mg
week 2 : 50 mg
week 3 : 50 mg

or

nolvadex :
week 1-2 : 40 mg every day
week 3-6 : 20 mg every day

Maximus7132005
03-23-2009, 01:27 PM
I have a friend that just got knee surgery, and he wants to recover ASAP, he has been thinking of taking HGH, what are you thoughts on this, and does HGH have any side effects that you know of???

kell
03-23-2009, 01:59 PM
is trenbolone enenthate a good pre-contest drug.

Lee Penman
03-24-2009, 04:46 PM
Thanks for the answer. Which brings up another question? If Test E and Cypionate are" essentially the samething" would they do the same in a cycle with EQ?
Yes they would work the same in a cycle with EQ. The real deal with Cyp. and Ent. seems to really come down to choice and availability.
Chemically both are single-ester long acting forms of the base steroid testosterone. The only structural difference is that Ent. is 7 carbons in length, Cyp. is 8. With this in mind some would say that 500mg ent. contains more test than 500mg cyp. but the difference is hardly worth losing sleep over!

Lee Penman
03-25-2009, 05:59 PM
Hey Leigh, thanks for the response.

Even if not completely shut down, surely you will be fairly supressed? would TESTOSTOLYZE be enough?
TESTOSTOLYZE is probably one of the best OTT Testosterone boosting supps available. I do think you have little to worry about with T'Bol though. However, if it would make you happy you could throw a short cycle of Nolvadex in just to ease your mind.

Lee Penman
03-25-2009, 06:00 PM
is trenbolone enenthate a good pre-contest drug.
You would be better sticking with the Acetate in a pre contest situation. Plus the quality of the product is likely to be higher.

Lee Penman
03-25-2009, 06:01 PM
hi leigh,

what pct is the best for a 10 weeks first cycle (500mg test-e/ Every Week )

clomid :
week 1 : 50 mg
week 2 : 50 mg
week 3 : 50 mg

or

nolvadex :
week 1-2 : 40 mg every day
week 3-6 : 20 mg every day
I would go for the Nolvadex !

Lee Penman
03-25-2009, 06:07 PM
I have a friend that just got knee surgery, and he wants to recover ASAP, he has been thinking of taking HGH, what are you thoughts on this, and does HGH have any side effects that you know of???
HGH would have to be taken for a longer period of time for the true healing benefits to be felt. The first thing to kick in is usually the fat burning effect. All drugs have side effects and HGH is no exception. You can get abnormal bone growth and growth of internal organs. It can also mess with blood sugar levels.Not to mention the fact that if you have any 'silent tumours' it can trigger their growth. Add to this, HGH is an expensive 'healing tool'

sassy69
03-25-2009, 08:42 PM
HGH would have to be taken for a longer period of time for the true healing benefits to be felt. The first thing to kick in is usually the fat burning effect. All drugs have side effects and HGH is no exception. You can get abnormal bone growth and growth of internal organs. It can also mess with blood sugar levels.Not to mention the fact that if you have any 'silent tumours' it can trigger their growth. Add to this, HGH is an expensive 'healing tool'

Not that I'm a doctor or advocate use of steroids, but for a recovery like that, I'd probably point to something like some anavar & gh, some reasonable recovery time and then good physical therapy to come back in full force, w/ attention on appropriate recovery time post surgery, and the PT. There's no magical thing that would produce healing "ASAP", but you can support the recovery & rehab process during the critical time and then continue to pay attention to full recouperation and rehabilation.

Maximus7132005
03-26-2009, 10:05 AM

What about using steroids for the same issue??? which would be better HGH or steriods

Mass Construction
03-26-2009, 07:17 PM
I would go for the Nolvadex !
thank you
can you explain why:rolleyes:;)

kell
03-27-2009, 07:40 AM
wht r the dosage for diruteic lasix, how to take it without cramping on stage or ending up in a hospital.

Lee Penman
03-27-2009, 05:42 PM
What about using steroids for the same issue??? which would be better HGH or steriods
Personally I would stick with Deca and Anavar.

Lee Penman
03-27-2009, 05:47 PM
thank you
can you explain why:rolleyes:;)
Nolvadex is better at stimulating FSH (folilicle stimulating hormone) and LH (luteinizing hormone) in the male body. Higher LH stimulates the Leydig's cells in the testes to produce more testosterone. Nolvadex has also been shown to increase LH's responsiveness to Gonadotropin Releasing Hormone after time, while Clomid slightly lowers this sensitivity when the drug is used for several weeks.
Many people experience more troublesome sides with Clomid too (particularily visual distrurbances)...now I bet you wish you'd just stuck with the short answer...lol!

Maximus7132005
03-28-2009, 09:40 AM
Personally I would stick with Deca and Anavar.

oh okay kool, what dosage would you recommend and how do you take it we are chemical enhancement ignorant lol

redline777
03-28-2009, 11:17 AM
Have u heard of reandron 1000 [test undecanoate]?? What is it?

Lee Penman
03-29-2009, 09:59 AM
Have u heard of reandron 1000 [test undecanoate]?? What is it?
Test Undecanoate is also known as Andriol. Check the profile on the Chemical Enhancement article section. It is also available as and injectable compound under the name 'Nebido' . Given the name you supplied it is the injectable you are asking about. With this long acting testosterone product test levels are seen to rise above base levels the day after injection and remain elevated for up to 14 weeks. Of course, bodybuilders generally use it at more frequent intervals.

-BLP-
03-31-2009, 12:48 AM
You would be better sticking with the Acetate in a pre contest situation. Plus the quality of the product is likely to be higher.

your right but why ace make me cough like no tomorow and not tren enan ?

Lee Penman
04-01-2009, 10:28 AM
your right but why ace make me cough like no tomorow and not tren enan ?
Tren Acetate enters the bloodstream rapidly and can trigger an immune system response. Also Tren causes bronchial dilation due to increased prostaglandin formation. Its all about the speed the substance enters your system.

Lee Penman
04-01-2009, 10:32 AM
oh okay kool, what dosage would you recommend and how do you take it we are chemical enhancement ignorant lol
I don't know about your history of AS use but for basic healing purposes you could keep dosages in the reasonable side. That would be Deca 300-400mg/week - split into twice weekly injections. Var would be 30mg/day.

Lee Penman
04-01-2009, 10:47 AM
wht r the dosage for diruteic lasix, how to take it without cramping on stage or ending up in a hospital.
20mg/day...max 40mg/day for last 4-7 days. Watch your electrolyte balance. Add a potassium supplement. If your water retention is not SEVERE then I would highly suggest trying AQUALYZE from www.speciesnutrition.com (http://www.speciesnutrition.com) safe and effective!

Maximus7132005
04-01-2009, 04:51 PM
I don't know about your history of AS use but for basic healing purposes you could keep dosages in the reasonable side. That would be Deca 300-400mg/week - split into twice weekly injections. Var would be 30mg/day.

Okay Thanks for the info. How long should he take this cycle for the knee recovery, also if he works out will he gain mass, one more thing the injections should be put where on the body, and also ive read that steroids in form of tablet can affect your liver is this true for the anavar.

Once again thanks alot I really appreciate it =)

Lee Penman
04-02-2009, 10:12 AM
Okay Thanks for the info. How long should he take this cycle for the knee recovery, also if he works out will he gain mass, one more thing the injections should be put where on the body, and also ive read that steroids in form of tablet can affect your liver is this true for the anavar.

Once again thanks alot I really appreciate it =)
I would say, for recovery purposes, 8-10 weeks. Glutes are the best injection site- less chance of error for relative beginners. True about oral steroids, all but Primo tabs affect liver values. However, Anavar is considered the mildest. You can even reduce the dose to 20mg/day if you are concerned. Add Milk Thistle supplement or Liv 52 for liver protection.
He will definitely gain some mass on this cycle if he works out.

Maximus7132005
04-02-2009, 10:53 AM
ive been working out since 18 yrs old naturaly im gonna be 25yrs old in july. Right now im cutting down for a contest in May, but as soon as that is done im gonna start bulking up again, and im thinking of using some steroids. I want to use something that would not give me any side effects or if so hardly any. What do you think of the stack, do you think I would get any good results/ and or any side effects.

someone recommended this to me

WINSTROL (50mg 3x per week) with PRIMOBOLIN (100mg 3x per week)

Thanks alot
Max

musclegoddess65
04-02-2009, 07:38 PM
when would you suggest taking the milk Thistle or Liv 52, before, at same time or after taking your oral dose???

before or after - 1 hr, 2???

Lee Penman
04-03-2009, 11:17 AM
ive been working out since 18 yrs old naturaly im gonna be 25yrs old in july. Right now im cutting down for a contest in May, but as soon as that is done im gonna start bulking up again, and im thinking of using some steroids. I want to use something that would not give me any side effects or if so hardly any. What do you think of the stack, do you think I would get any good results/ and or any side effects.

someone recommended this to me

WINSTROL (50mg 3x per week) with PRIMOBOLIN (100mg 3x per week)

Thanks alot
Max
This sounds fine. You may want to tweak it a little though. Say Winstrol - 50mg every other day, Primo - you are fine at 300mg week, Anavar - 20 - 30mg/day. This should give results without excess sides.

Lee Penman
04-03-2009, 11:19 AM
when would you suggest taking the milk Thistle or Liv 52, before, at same time or after taking your oral dose???

before or after - 1 hr, 2???
Just take it at the same time as you take your other vitamin supps e.g just before meals.

DCHMUSCLE88
04-07-2009, 01:45 PM
Hey,
I've reached a sticking point in my training after 4 years. So I was going to run my first cycle this summer looking to put on some size. The only problem is, is that I naturally retain a little extra water. So my original plan was 10 weeks 500mg test cyp and 8 weeks 300 deca, and 20mg of nolvadex following my last week of test daily for 30 days. I only wanted to stick once weekly, but would sus or test enth be better for less water retention? Also would that be an effective way to use the nolvadex? Thanks

brady2220
04-08-2009, 12:01 PM
Leigh,
I am running a ten week cycle (short i know) of test c 250 mg and deca 200 mg twice a week. I was wondering what PCT would be most effective and for how long and at what dose. do u think i should use any AI (aromatze inhibitors) as well?

Lee Penman
04-09-2009, 10:07 AM
Hey,
I've reached a sticking point in my training after 4 years. So I was going to run my first cycle this summer looking to put on some size. The only problem is, is that I naturally retain a little extra water. So my original plan was 10 weeks 500mg test cyp and 8 weeks 300 deca, and 20mg of nolvadex following my last week of test daily for 30 days. I only wanted to stick once weekly, but would sus or test enth be better for less water retention? Also would that be an effective way to use the nolvadex? Thanks
Some people find that Sust leads to less water retention but individual chemistry plays an important role. Plus you have Deca in there so water retention is a given. You may need a more aggressive post cycle therapy than Nolvadex alone. Or, for the first two weeks of PCT use 40mg Nolvadex/day, followed by two weeks at 20mg/day.
You could also use Clomid at 50-100mg/day for 4 weeks as an alternative to Nolvadex though side effects could be more of an issue with Clomid.

DCHMUSCLE88
04-09-2009, 01:23 PM
Hey,

Thanks for the quick response about this cycle. If I added HCG during, 1500iu weekly weeks 1-10 would that help me afterwards with post cycle? Or would you still recommend more than nolvadex still?

Lee Penman
04-12-2009, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the quick response about this cycle. If I added HCG during, 1500iu weekly weeks 1-10 would that help me afterwards with post cycle? Or would you still recommend more than nolvadex still?
A more advanced post-cycle therapy would be to start HCG injections the last week of the cycle and continue for 3-4 wks. 1500i.u every 5-6 days. HCG acts as an alternative to LH (Luteinizing Hormone) and starts the endogenous testosterone cycle. Then about two weeks after the last shot of testosterone is given, Nolvadex/Clomid cycle should be started. 40mg of Nolvadex or 150mg of Clomid per day for two weeks, followed by two more weeks with either 20mg of Nolvadex or 100mg Clomid. Remember that HCG should be discontinued at least 2 weeks prior to finishing Novadex/Clomid.

Valihora
04-12-2009, 11:03 PM
Hello. I have my bb contest in 4 weeks and have been running T3 (50-100 mcg)for 8 weeks already, intended to get of this week. However, I read that "you will experience fat loss and water retention after getting of". Is it true? Should I rather run it all the way till contest day?
Thanx

DCHMUSCLE88
04-13-2009, 03:16 PM
Hi, I think I was a bit unclear on how i'd be using the HCG. I was going to use 500 mg weeks 1-10 of the cycle of weeks 1-10 600mg of sust, and weeks 1-8 300 mg of deca. Then after week ten I was going to use the nolva for thirty days. Is that an ok way to use HCG? And is this to much for a first time user? I've heard the first time is when you have the best gains, but I don't want to overdue it.

Lee Penman
04-17-2009, 11:16 AM
Hello. I have my bb contest in 4 weeks and have been running T3 (50-100 mcg)for 8 weeks already, intended to get of this week. However, I read that "you will experience fat loss and water retention after getting of". Is it true? Should I rather run it all the way till contest day?
Thanx
I take it you mean 'fat gain' not loss along with the water retention on coming off T3.Many people do experience a rebound effect on coming off T3 until their thyroid restores normal function. To avoid the possibility of this I would slowly taper off your dosages waiting to come off it completely until after the show.

Lee Penman
04-17-2009, 11:18 AM
Hi, I think I was a bit unclear on how i'd be using the HCG. I was going to use 500 mg weeks 1-10 of the cycle of weeks 1-10 600mg of sust, and weeks 1-8 300 mg of deca. Then after week ten I was going to use the nolva for thirty days. Is that an ok way to use HCG? And is this to much for a first time user? I've heard the first time is when you have the best gains, but I don't want to overdue it.
I would have to redirect you to my original suggestion for HCG use.

Bob Smith Jr.
04-17-2009, 11:46 AM
when running a t3/t4 mix, i have heard that you completely disregard the t4 amount and just count the t3 in it and adjust your dosages accordingly, is this correct?

Valihora
04-17-2009, 04:17 PM
I take it you mean 'fat gain' not loss along with the water retention on coming off T3.Many people do experience a rebound effect on coming off T3 until their thyroid restores normal function. To avoid the possibility of this I would slowly taper off your dosages waiting to come off it completely until after the show.

yeah, you got it right, I meant fat gain... thank you for answer. good luck!

Lee Penman
04-18-2009, 10:12 AM
when running a t3/t4 mix, i have heard that you completely disregard the t4 amount and just count the t3 in it and adjust your dosages accordingly, is this correct?
I have heard this said many times too. Because T4 is converted in the body to T3 it would depend on how proficient your body was at carrying out this process. When a compound contains T3 already, it may cause the body to reduce the T4 conversion. However, you cannot discount the fact that some of the T4 would undergo conversion. The only way to find out how your body responds is to test it out and go easy until you can guage results. Individual body chemistry plays an important part.
Hope this makes sense!

apex23
04-19-2009, 06:05 PM
Leigh,

Are there any human studies that show that Nolvadex lowers IGF-1 levels? Razor claims that this is shown only in RATS.

Thanks

Lee Penman
04-21-2009, 10:39 AM
Leigh,

Are there any human studies that show that Nolvadex lowers IGF-1 levels? Razor claims that this is shown only in RATS.

Thanks
Yes, although most of them were done on individuals who did not use AAS. The general consensus though is that Nolvadex lowers IGF-1 by about 23%

apex23
04-22-2009, 09:14 PM
Is it safe to say that a women can take 50mg Dhea at the age of 35 years old and not have to worry about masculinizing issues?

What benefits would a women experience?

Lee Penman
04-23-2009, 12:39 AM
Is it safe to say that a women can take 50mg Dhea at the age of 35 years old and not have to worry about masculinizing issues?

What benefits would a women experience?
DHEA does tend to covert to testosterone in women. The benefits may include increased energy and libido. I don't think any real masculinizing effects would be of concern.Also, why would the woman in question wish to take DHEA in the first place?

apex23
04-23-2009, 05:22 PM
Lacks energy and libido. From what Dave has stated in the past it can help women build a little bit of muscle.

apex23
04-23-2009, 05:23 PM
And she is not going to take Anavar.

Lee Penman
04-24-2009, 11:10 AM
Lacks energy and libido. From what Dave has stated in the past it can help women build a little bit of muscle.
She could try it then. Add some CoQ10 (100-200mg/day).

apex23
04-24-2009, 07:45 PM
I thought CoQ10 was only good for the heart. Not too mention and very good antioxidant...

apex23
04-24-2009, 07:46 PM
What are your thoughts on a healthy bb running 50 mcg of T3 for 6 months straight.....then tapering all the way down?

Lee Penman
04-25-2009, 12:37 AM
I thought CoQ10 was only good for the heart. Not too mention and very good antioxidant...
Co Q 10 also has an impact on energy levels. Chlorella is another good supplement to use.

Lee Penman
04-25-2009, 12:38 AM
What are your thoughts on a healthy bb running 50 mcg of T3 for 6 months straight.....then tapering all the way down?
6 months is a long time as far as your thyroid is concerned. 3 Months would be a better/safer option

apex23
04-26-2009, 12:02 PM
Co Q 10 also has an impact on energy levels. Chlorella is another good supplement to use.

What is the recommended dosage of Co Q 10?

Lee Penman
04-27-2009, 09:56 AM
What is the recommended dosage of Co Q 10?
To experience any noticable effect you have to give it six weeks to build up in your system. In my experience, 200-400mg/day is best. It also has a blood pressure lowering quality.

mr intensity
04-27-2009, 01:57 PM
hey leigh,
i m about to start a 16 week mass cycle
1 st 8 weeks 250 mg test enanthate eod + 400 mg boldenone/week
2 nd 8 weeks 250 mg test cypionate eod + 50 mg tren eod

i have done this cycle before.. gains a re quiet consistent for 10 to 12 weeks... but then they plateau for the last 4 weeks .... should i start 50 mg of oxymethalone/day during the last 4 weeks...
thank you

-BLP-
04-28-2009, 03:27 AM
i got winstrol in PEG phenylethyl glycol... base.. it a longer aCTING WINNY.. YOU THINK THAT WORK?

thk u

Lee Penman
05-02-2009, 10:14 AM
hey leigh,
i m about to start a 16 week mass cycle
1 st 8 weeks 250 mg test enanthate eod + 400 mg boldenone/week
2 nd 8 weeks 250 mg test cypionate eod + 50 mg tren eod

i have done this cycle before.. gains a re quiet consistent for 10 to 12 weeks... but then they plateau for the last 4 weeks .... should i start 50 mg of oxymethalone/day during the last 4 weeks...
thank you
Anadrol is pretty nasty when it comes to side effects so if you HAD to try it then certainly no more than 50mg/day for 4 weeks. Also you have to take some kind of anti-estrogen with this drug throughout the entire time you take it.
My own opinion would be don't take it.

Lee Penman
05-03-2009, 12:21 AM
i got winstrol in PEG phenylethyl glycol... base.. it a longer aCTING WINNY.. YOU THINK THAT WORK?

thk u
Can you tell me the lab that produces this?

Gymrat65
05-03-2009, 08:43 PM
Leigh

I have Clen in .02mg pills is .02mg = 20mcg, I've been told to start with 20mcg & ramp up to 100 by the end of week one then stay & 100 for a week then lay off for 2 wks then do again, does this sound right? Thanks...

230lbs 5'10"
15%bf

Inshane N Da Membrane
05-03-2009, 10:07 PM
First post, so bear with me! I'm a 24 year old former minor league baseball player. I've had tommy john surgery and labrum surgery within the last 3 years. I'm looking to get back in the game with a little chemical help. What sort of cycle would you suggest for me considering the sport in which I play and my injury history? Also, how long I can expect these chemicals to stay in my body in case of drug tests?

Lee Penman
05-04-2009, 12:22 AM
Leigh

I have Clen in .02mg pills is .02mg = 20mcg, I've been told to start with 20mcg & ramp up to 100 by the end of week one then stay & 100 for a week then lay off for 2 wks then do again, does this sound right? Thanks...

230lbs 5'10"
15%bf
Way too fast a 'ramp up'..start at 20mcg/day then increase say every 5 days by another 20mg/day until you reach a max of 100 mcg/day.
Some stay on it for up to 16 wks at a time. The two week on, two week off theory also has foundation since the greatest fat loss is usually achieved in the first two weeks.
You have to experiment to find your individual tolerance.

Lee Penman
05-04-2009, 12:24 AM
First post, so bear with me! I'm a 24 year old former minor league baseball player. I've had tommy john surgery and labrum surgery within the last 3 years. I'm looking to get back in the game with a little chemical help. What sort of cycle would you suggest for me considering the sport in which I play and my injury history? Also, how long I can expect these chemicals to stay in my body in case of drug tests?
What do you want to achieve with AAS use? How long have you been training and what is your current weight?

Inshane N Da Membrane
05-04-2009, 09:54 AM
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I'm 6'1" at 210 pounds. I currently train five days a week on a bodybuilding type program. I have been lifting steadily for approximately two years. My pitch speeds have been declining over the years, so my goal with AAS will be mainly for strength.

Sphinx
05-04-2009, 01:39 PM
Leigh -

I use celadrin, cream and pills, seems to help over time.

I also use EFA's and Glucosamine products from species line.

DCHMUSCLE88
05-05-2009, 03:04 PM
If I were to do a sust only cycle since this will be my first one, how much sust would you recommend? Is 600 mg once weekly for 10 weeks to much? Thanks

Lee Penman
05-06-2009, 12:15 AM
If I were to do a sust only cycle since this will be my first one, how much sust would you recommend? Is 600 mg once weekly for 10 weeks to much? Thanks
For first cycle you might want to consider Sust at 1 or 2 shots weekly. This may sound mild (and it is!) but it is worth trying just to see how your body responds. You could also go to 12 weeks.

Lee Penman
05-06-2009, 12:16 AM
I use celadrin, cream and pills, seems to help over time.

I also use EFA's and Glucosamine products from species line.
Can't go wrong with Species! Omegalyze and Arthrolyze will become your best friends!

Lee Penman
05-06-2009, 12:19 AM
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I'm 6'1" at 210 pounds. I currently train five days a week on a bodybuilding type program. I have been lifting steadily for approximately two years. My pitch speeds have been declining over the years, so my goal with AAS will be mainly for strength.
Test and Deca (or NPP if water retention is a concern) would do well for you. Try to stay away from orals..although their allure is strong your liver and digestive tract will thank you in the long run.

DCHMUSCLE88
05-06-2009, 11:11 AM
If I were to inject twice weekly would it be half the dosage? And for a first cycle what would you recommend dosing wise for sust? Also what would you recommend for test cyp just incase I can't get sust...

johngorman
05-06-2009, 01:11 PM
What would be best to do if I have been using ECA and YCA since 10 weeks out and my body has gotten used to it? I started at 20/200/81 on 2 days of ECA and then 2 days of 5/200/81 on YCA 3 times a day. I have built up to using 30/200/81 three times a day on the ECA, but am scared shitless to go up to 40 or 50 three times a day.

Would it be beneficial to just go EYCA? I am a little over 3 weeks out from a contest and just a tad behind, but not much. I have researched this but cant get an answer that's solid stating how long to run an ECA stack, and how high dosage can go in a healthy individual. Thanks for your time......I appreciate it!:)

beau
05-07-2009, 01:53 PM
Leigh just read your article on Chlorella....how much should be taken daily to get the full effects?

TigerUpperCut
05-07-2009, 02:06 PM
which aas should i get for my first cycle? im looking to get cut up

mr intensity
05-08-2009, 06:40 AM
hey leigh,
is it ok to use ephedrine durinig off season as it helps me with better mind muscle connection......

Lee Penman
05-08-2009, 11:29 AM
What would be best to do if I have been using ECA and YCA since 10 weeks out and my body has gotten used to it? I started at 20/200/81 on 2 days of ECA and then 2 days of 5/200/81 on YCA 3 times a day. I have built up to using 30/200/81 three times a day on the ECA, but am scared shitless to go up to 40 or 50 three times a day.

Would it be beneficial to just go EYCA? I am a little over 3 weeks out from a contest and just a tad behind, but not much. I have researched this but cant get an answer that's solid stating how long to run an ECA stack, and how high dosage can go in a healthy individual. Thanks for your time......I appreciate it!:)
You are experiencing receptor site shutdown on this cycle. Upping the amount will do little good and will really only stress out the CNS and deplete the adrenals even further. At three weeks out this is tricky. It's way too late to talk about cycling the ECA etc to give your receptors a break.
The only thing that may help is to come off the ECA altogether and switch to Clen for the final few weeks.

Lee Penman
05-08-2009, 11:32 AM
Leigh just read your article on Chlorella....how much should be taken daily to get the full effects?
With Chlorella you have to assess your individual tolerance. It is a powerful detoxifier and some people need to start low. If your system is not 'toxic' you can handle a lot more. I recommend Jarrow Chlorella (tabs or powder). Start out on the recommended 10 tabs a day and see how it goes.
Personally, I went to 30 tabs every night to heal an abdominal injury. But then I have been using the stuff for over ten years.

Lee Penman
05-08-2009, 11:34 AM
hey leigh,
is it ok to use ephedrine durinig off season as it helps me with better mind muscle connection......
As long as you only use it on workout days and take a couple of weeks off every now and again (and keep the dosages on the low side) it should be fine.
I

Lee Penman
05-08-2009, 11:36 AM
which aas should i get for my first cycle? im looking to get cut up
Most people use a first cycle to gain mass not to cut up. However, if this is your aim I'd consider EQ, NPP and/or test prop.

apex23
05-08-2009, 04:13 PM
I thought ephedra competed with the same receptors as clen???

mhb3003
05-08-2009, 10:42 PM
what is the optimum dose for igf-1

Lee Penman
05-09-2009, 12:23 AM
I thought ephedra competed with the same receptors as clen???
Not really, yes they have receptor site similarities, but I think that adding a totally different compound may shock those extra differentials into action. That is my opiion it is your body.

mr intensity
05-09-2009, 03:10 PM
hey leigh,
please help me with this... i`ve done 4 cycles..... 1 st 500mg sustanon 250 for 12 weeks.... i gained 15 pounds pure muscle....
2 nd 500mg sustanon 250 for 8 weeks gained 5 pounds...
3 rd 500 mg sustanon 250 for 8 weeks gained 5 pounds...
then 4 th cycle... 1000 mg sustanon 250 + 400 mg deca durabolin for 8 weeks
1000 mg enanthate +50 mg anadrol for 8 weeks

this was the best cycle i gained 25 pounds pure muscle...
now what i think is the reason for such great gains is the increase in the test dosage.......right now i`m 200 pounds with 8 percent body fat.... i m planning another cycle...... my question is ...1 .should i up my testosterone dosage to 1250 - 1500 mg per week...
2. how should i determine my test dosage

A.Carter
05-13-2009, 12:53 PM
Anadrol..
100tabs 50mg..
Most effective way to run these? I'll be running these with Cyp & eq

kell
05-14-2009, 07:08 AM
what do you think is the best anti-estrogen for pre-contest to dry out completely: letrozole, proviron, or arimidex. what are the dosage? thanks

Lee Penman
05-15-2009, 10:44 AM
hey leigh,
please help me with this... i`ve done 4 cycles..... 1 st 500mg sustanon 250 for 12 weeks.... i gained 15 pounds pure muscle....
2 nd 500mg sustanon 250 for 8 weeks gained 5 pounds...
3 rd 500 mg sustanon 250 for 8 weeks gained 5 pounds...
then 4 th cycle... 1000 mg sustanon 250 + 400 mg deca durabolin for 8 weeks
1000 mg enanthate +50 mg anadrol for 8 weeks

this was the best cycle i gained 25 pounds pure muscle...
now what i think is the reason for such great gains is the increase in the test dosage.......right now i`m 200 pounds with 8 percent body fat.... i m planning another cycle...... my question is ...1 .should i up my testosterone dosage to 1250 - 1500 mg per week...
2. how should i determine my test dosage
I see no reason to increase your test dosage for your next cycle. If it ain't broke don't fix it!
You seem to have found a dose that serves you well, so stick with it.

Lee Penman
05-15-2009, 10:51 AM
Anadrol..
100tabs 50mg..
Most effective way to run these? I'll be running these with Cyp & eq
I have said it before and I'll say it again...Anadrol is a horrible drug. If you must use it limit your use to 4-6 weeks. Start off using 1 tablet/day to test the effects it has on your body. Work up to an absolute max of 3 ...but I would prefer it (and so would your body!) if you would stick to 1 or 2.

Lee Penman
05-15-2009, 10:54 AM
what do you think is the best anti-estrogen for pre-contest to dry out completely: letrozole, proviron, or arimidex. what are the dosage? thanks
I would say Arimadex, try 1 tab per day and see what results you get.
On the other hand, a combo of Nolvadex and Proviron might also be worth considering (1 tab of each per day)

vnfitness
05-19-2009, 03:16 PM
Hi Leigh

Whats your thoughts about boldenone acetate in pill form?? I would like give it a try.

Thanks

kell
05-20-2009, 07:18 AM
how long my GH is good for 3 days or 5 days when mix to the water?

Lee Penman
05-22-2009, 02:29 PM
how long my GH is good for 3 days or 5 days when mix to the water?
GH should be stored in the refrigerator but do not allow it to freeze. It is stable at room temperature (not over 80 degrees F) for up to 24 hours. If it is kept constantly refrigerated it is stable for 4-5 weeks max.

Lee Penman
05-22-2009, 02:39 PM
Hi Leigh

Whats your thoughts about boldenone acetate in pill form?? I would like give it a try.

Thanks
Boldabol is a strong anabolic/mild androgenic. Some studies point to it being more resiliant to being broken down in the liver than other oral drugs thus increasing bioavailability.
It is not that widely available. If you prefer oral route of admin over injections then you could give it a try.

bill2
05-25-2009, 03:34 PM
hi leigh..hope to be fine..i m currently on a cutting cycle concisting of 200mg primo and 150 mg winstrol weekly with 50 mg proviron daily..i have 2 guestions..in your opinion how i should construct my pct regimen (what items doses and duration) ?because those drugs have litlle to no HPTA supresion..and.. will i ave a rebount effect when i cut the proviron after the cycle meaning water retention or any kind and if so what i should do?thanks

Lee Penman
05-31-2009, 10:54 AM
hi leigh..hope to be fine..i m currently on a cutting cycle concisting of 200mg primo and 150 mg winstrol weekly with 50 mg proviron daily..i have 2 guestions..in your opinion how i should construct my pct regimen (what items doses and duration) ?because those drugs have litlle to no HPTA supresion..and.. will i ave a rebount effect when i cut the proviron after the cycle meaning water retention or any kind and if so what i should do?thanks
Because of the drugs you are using and the fact that you are already using an aromataze inhibitor (PV) PCT shouldn't be necessary. However, if you really must add something you could throw in Nolvadex for a couple of weeks at the end of the cycle.
You shouldn't experience any rebound...although individual body chemistry has a lot to do with that.

Sabagoy
05-31-2009, 01:22 PM
Hi Leigh,

I have been reading a lot about anavar absolutely destroying peoples appetite...I was curious on your thoughts about this? I know elevated liver enzymes from orals can kill appetite...is this the case?

Lee Penman
06-01-2009, 09:21 AM
Hi Leigh,

I have been reading a lot about anavar absolutely destroying peoples appetite...I was curious on your thoughts about this? I know elevated liver enzymes from orals can kill appetite...is this the case?
For some people Anavar can produce various gastrointestinal symptoms, this can range from stomach cramps, nausea to bloating. All of which would of course reduce your appetite!
Elevated liver enzymes are a side effect of most orals (oral Primo being a notable exception).
To avoid 'stomach/appetite issues' you could try taking the tablets immediately following a meal. Those bods with sensitive stomachs should not take them on an empty stomach as this may lead to discomfort.

REDBULL250
06-01-2009, 10:45 AM
Leigh, What, if you have heard are the more higher doses of GH being used at professional level? And how long are they staying on? Just wondering b/c I was told the other day by a close friend who knows one of the top level pros that he was using anywhere from 12 to 15 iu per day. He also stated that gh is the route more guys are going with higher doses of test, rather than all these crazy cycles with 5 to 10 different compunds mixed in at one time? Just wonder what your thoughts are on this? You know how people talk and how they exaggerate!

Lee Penman
06-02-2009, 12:27 AM
Leigh, What, if you have heard are the more higher doses of GH being used at professional level? And how long are they staying on? Just wondering b/c I was told the other day by a close friend who knows one of the top level pros that he was using anywhere from 12 to 15 iu per day. He also stated that gh is the route more guys are going with higher doses of test, rather than all these crazy cycles with 5 to 10 different compunds mixed in at one time? Just wonder what your thoughts are on this? You know how people talk and how they exaggerate!
I think I may do a whole article on this. Stay tuned!

cbibb
06-04-2009, 01:14 PM
Leigh, great Q/A!!! I have been lifting for about 14 years naturally and feel like I have reached my limits. Most of my limits are due to numerous injuries (major back surgery/4 knee surgeries/herneiated disc in neck and a bum shoulder). My diet also has net been where it should be. I am getting serious about my training now. I am doing Dave's diet/lifting hard 4 times per week and 1 hr. cardio every day. I started a cycle of tren (acitate) a week and a half ago. I am at 100mg every other day right now. I was planning on doing an 8-10 week cycle. What PCT route should I take when I come off?? I have also heard that you keep alot more of your gains by doing a PCT, is that correct?? I am obviously looking to put on lean muscle while cutting down, what would be a good drug to use in conjunction w/tren to not get bloated and gain water weight? Also how would the PCT change with your suggestion? Thank you very much.

cbibb
06-04-2009, 03:49 PM
Leigh, one more question. Are there certain drugs to stay away from or certain things to take to keep from getting gyno?? I was obese growing up and I tend to hold a little fat in my lower chest from bad genetics. So I definately dont want to add anything that will increase gyno. Thank you.

Lee Penman
06-05-2009, 11:18 AM
Leigh, great Q/A!!! I have been lifting for about 14 years naturally and feel like I have reached my limits. Most of my limits are due to numerous injuries (major back surgery/4 knee surgeries/herneiated disc in neck and a bum shoulder). My diet also has net been where it should be. I am getting serious about my training now. I am doing Dave's diet/lifting hard 4 times per week and 1 hr. cardio every day. I started a cycle of tren (acitate) a week and a half ago. I am at 100mg every other day right now. I was planning on doing an 8-10 week cycle. What PCT route should I take when I come off?? I have also heard that you keep alot more of your gains by doing a PCT, is that correct?? I am obviously looking to put on lean muscle while cutting down, what would be a good drug to use in conjunction w/tren to not get bloated and gain water weight? Also how would the PCT change with your suggestion? Thank you very much.
Trenbolone does not aromatize to estrogen but it does suppress endogenous test production so the use of HCG and/or Clomid/Nolvadex is recommended when ending a cycle. PCT is all about restoring natural test production.
As for the gyno issue, stay away from highly androgenic drugs (tren being the exception) and always use Nolvadex.
Stacking Tren with a non- aromatizing anabolic such as Winstrol or Primo would produce more lean muscle gains and less water retention.

cbibb
06-05-2009, 02:03 PM
Thanks Leigh! I was planning on doing omnidren as a stack with the tren. It will be probably 8-10 week cycle. I was reading that as long as my diet is in check (which it is, I am doing Dave's diet) that I will stay lean with the test (omnidren) and tren stack. Is that correct?? Is that a bad combo as far as the gyno/water weight issue?? I will follow Daves PCT once the cycle is up. Also (since I am a noob) if I do the correct PCT what is the average percentage of gains that I should retain once I come off the cycle?

redline777
06-07-2009, 05:16 AM
Leigh, just to let you know i love reading your articles on forgotten nutrients, makes so much sense and and interesting read. just bought chlorella after reading about it and going to buy aloe vera juice to take with my supplements. thanks again!

Lee Penman
06-07-2009, 11:40 AM
Leigh, just to let you know i love reading your articles on forgotten nutrients, makes so much sense and and interesting read. just bought chlorella after reading about it and going to buy aloe vera juice to take with my supplements. thanks again!
Thanks for the feedback!
Chlorella is amazing stuff...I chew 30 tabs every night! It helped speed up the healing of an injury when nothing else seemed to work too!

Lee Penman
06-07-2009, 11:51 AM
Thanks Leigh! I was planning on doing omnidren as a stack with the tren. It will be probably 8-10 week cycle. I was reading that as long as my diet is in check (which it is, I am doing Dave's diet) that I will stay lean with the test (omnidren) and tren stack. Is that correct?? Is that a bad combo as far as the gyno/water weight issue?? I will follow Daves PCT once the cycle is up. Also (since I am a noob) if I do the correct PCT what is the average percentage of gains that I should retain once I come off the cycle?
With Omnidren you will still run the risk of water retention and aromatization but a low carb diet should help minimize water retention. As to the gains you keep after the cycle, that can be very individual and diet/training play a big part too. Stick to Dave's diet and keep your weight poundages up and you should keep at least 75% of your gains.

bill2
06-09-2009, 10:27 AM
hey leigh.. i have around 10 vials of test enath. but they have an expiry date at the and of september 2009..i dont plan to use them until then..i would like to use them around february next year for a mass cycle ..will i be safe or i should i not use them ? i keep them at room temprature into their boxes..and how long do u believe injectables are effective after their expire date? thanks

bill2
06-09-2009, 10:43 AM
oh..and i forgot..if i dont store my hcg in the freedge during my 2 week administation as pct ? or i absolutely have to? right now i keep it in the freedge but im asking if it is ok not to during those 2 weeks thank u

B7emm
06-13-2009, 08:48 PM
I have used 75mg. DHEA 2 times day for 30 days this is all i am on right now and my weight is up 8 lbs. I am 25 and i think this stuff works ok for o.t.c. what are your ideas about DHEA in general.

HUNTER77
06-14-2009, 06:01 AM
Hi Leigh, how long does "Boldenon Undecyclenate" stay in the systme for?? I used it for 6 weeks with GH, im not what you call a bodybuilder, i just used both substaces to get through an injury for my chosen sport. If i were to get tested how long does it take for this stuff to leave my body??

Lee Penman
06-14-2009, 05:55 PM
hey leigh.. i have around 10 vials of test enath. but they have an expiry date at the and of september 2009..i dont plan to use them until then..i would like to use them around february next year for a mass cycle ..will i be safe or i should i not use them ? i keep them at room temprature into their boxes..and how long do u believe injectables are effective after their expire date? thanks
The test e should still be fine in February. It's hard to say just how long after the date stamp you can still use gear. As long as it is stored well I would consider up to 12 months 'safe'. I have heard some say even longer but I think that even at the twelve month mark although it would not do you any harm the potency may be reduced.

Lee Penman
06-14-2009, 05:57 PM
oh..and i forgot..if i dont store my hcg in the freedge during my 2 week administation as pct ? or i absolutely have to? right now i keep it in the freedge but im asking if it is ok not to during those 2 weeks thank u
I would play it safe and keep it refrigerated.

Lee Penman
06-14-2009, 06:01 PM
I have used 75mg. DHEA 2 times day for 30 days this is all i am on right now and my weight is up 8 lbs. I am 25 and i think this stuff works ok for o.t.c. what are your ideas about DHEA in general.
It is an interesting substance...in fact the FDA consider it 'interesting' enough to have proposed a ban on it. The hormonal effects can vary though and in some cases it has been shown to actually increase estrogen levels in men whilst increasing test levels in women.

Lee Penman
06-14-2009, 06:07 PM
Hi Leigh, how long does "Boldenon Undecyclenate" stay in the systme for?? I used it for 6 weeks with GH, im not what you call a bodybuilder, i just used both substaces to get through an injury for my chosen sport. If i were to get tested how long does it take for this stuff to leave my body??
Boldenon has an active life of 14-16 days and stays in the system for 4-5 months.

apex23
06-14-2009, 08:29 PM
Leigh,

I want to know what your thoughts are on aromasin? Is it any better then A-dex?

Lee Penman
06-17-2009, 10:52 AM
Leigh,

I want to know what your thoughts are on aromasin? Is it any better then A-dex?
In terms of the potential for side effects I would opt for Arimadex over Aromasin

DCHMUSCLE88
06-17-2009, 08:39 PM
Hi, this monday I started my first cycle, sustaplex 325 injecting 325 mg monday & thursday for ten weeks. Since monday I have noticed that my nipples are a little more sensitive, and I noticed a very small lump. Is this normal? I do have nolvadex on hand... What should I go about doing, I'm alittle nervous since I noticed this all after one injection.

Gymrat65
06-18-2009, 11:07 AM
Leigh, wanted to know your take on this cycle. 10-12 wks 1-1.5 ml test prop & .75ml tren ace EOD but wanted to add a min amount of Deca to help with joint pain. When should i start the tren 2 wks in?

Thanks
2nd cycle other was just test prop 9wks
220lbs 15-17%bf.
:bowdown:

Lee Penman
06-19-2009, 11:31 AM
You might want to try Arimadex to stop the aromatization process. It is unusual for this to happen after only one injection though!

makaveli25
06-19-2009, 11:52 AM
hey leigh im struggling with boderline high bp during cycle 150/75 after work.. im 25 years old 6'0 215.. My bf is around 12%.. Ive tried hawthorne garlic flaxseed oil i just started baby aspirin.. I cant get it down.. It goes down after cycle. I was thinking about taking blood pressure meds during cycle soo i dont enlarge my heart or damage kidneys.. Any suggestions

BBD
06-19-2009, 09:29 PM
Hi Leigh, I injured my back a year ago doing front squats and have chronic lower mid and upper back pain. I also have been using 8iu's jintropins now for the past 14 months. I was under the impression that gh would help speed the healing process...but I am wondering if maybe it is exacerbating the soreness and stiffness in my back in hips (similar to what it does to wrist, ankle, knee and elbows in some)???

BBD
06-19-2009, 09:33 PM
And one more major curiosity of mine...do the majority of pro's/high level national competitors stay on year round? I understand the health risks involved, but for overall gains over a year span is staying "on" and varying compounds and dosages more effective than "cycling"?

I guess I am not looking for the responsible answer, but rather then cold hard facts lol

BigVanDiesel54
06-21-2009, 04:57 PM
leigh i am doing a cut cycle with sustenon, EQ, and Tren...what are your opinions on letrozole? I was planning on running it EOD to combat the effects of water retention and bloat from the sus.

Iron Muscle
06-22-2009, 12:33 PM
When increasing the dose of T3 should you spread it throughout the day with the clen or take the increased dose of T3 all at once

kell
06-27-2009, 07:38 AM
how long before a show u recommend stop takin gh, tren, and prop.

Northman
06-27-2009, 07:58 PM
Leigh, how do you figure out how much t3 to use on your diet?

I'm sure body size and your own specific metabolism has something to do with it right?

Lee Penman
06-29-2009, 10:08 AM
hey leigh im struggling with boderline high bp during cycle 150/75 after work.. im 25 years old 6'0 215.. My bf is around 12%.. Ive tried hawthorne garlic flaxseed oil i just started baby aspirin.. I cant get it down.. It goes down after cycle. I was thinking about taking blood pressure meds during cycle soo i dont enlarge my heart or damage kidneys.. Any suggestions
Give Co Q 10 a try. Start with 200mg twice a day.

Lee Penman
06-29-2009, 10:11 AM
Hi Leigh, I injured my back a year ago doing front squats and have chronic lower mid and upper back pain. I also have been using 8iu's jintropins now for the past 14 months. I was under the impression that gh would help speed the healing process...but I am wondering if maybe it is exacerbating the soreness and stiffness in my back in hips (similar to what it does to wrist, ankle, knee and elbows in some)???
GH does speed up actual tissue healing though it sounds to me like it is your joints and tendons that are killing you.
Deca is the best for this. Also, take Omega 3 supplement and a high potency joint supplement. I recommend OMEGALYZE and ARTHROLYZE from www.speciesnutrition.com (http://www.speciesnutrition.com)

Lee Penman
06-29-2009, 10:13 AM
And one more major curiosity of mine...do the majority of pro's/high level national competitors stay on year round? I understand the health risks involved, but for overall gains over a year span is staying "on" and varying compounds and dosages more effective than "cycling"?

I guess I am not looking for the responsible answer, but rather then cold hard facts lol
Cycling on and off and remaining completely off for as long as you are on is the best advice. In the real world though, most pros are on 'something' year round. They just switch compounds.

Lee Penman
06-29-2009, 10:15 AM
leigh i am doing a cut cycle with sustenon, EQ, and Tren...what are your opinions on letrozole? I was planning on running it EOD to combat the effects of water retention and bloat from the sus.
In all honesty I am not a fan of prescription diuretics. I would suggest you at least try a natural diuretic (AQUALYZE is one) first to see if that does the trick.

Lee Penman
06-29-2009, 10:20 AM
When increasing the dose of T3 should you spread it throughout the day with the clen or take the increased dose of T3 all at once
That would depend on how much of each compound you are taking......

kell
06-29-2009, 03:50 PM
how long before a show u recommend stop takin gh, tren, and test prop?

redline777
06-30-2009, 09:47 AM
hi Leigh, this was a question posed by Ron Noreman, "do you guys know that there is a common mineral that can inhibit protein digestion and therefore slow your muscle gains??" i'm guessing magnesium...

what do you think?

Lee Penman
07-01-2009, 04:23 PM
Leigh, how do you figure out how much t3 to use on your diet?

I'm sure body size and your own specific metabolism has something to do with it right?
Of course individual body chemistry has a lot to do with it especially when it comes to considering the levels of thyroid hormone your body produces naturally. It is therefore vital that with thyroid med you start on the low side (as low as 20-25mcg of T3) and only increase SLOWLY every week. When you start to experience negative side effects (excessive sweating, tremors, anxiety, shortness of breath....none of which are pleasant!!) you know you have taken too much. Saying low also lessens the chance of muscle tissue loss.

Lee Penman
07-02-2009, 10:03 AM
Sorry for delay in getting back to you!!!!
Could you tell me how long you have been on cycle and how much you were using?

kell
07-02-2009, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell http://forums.rxmuscle.com/images/okay/buttons/viewpost.gif

i'm using 2iu of gh, 300mg of tren, and 300mg of test prop for 10 weeks also using arimidex for last 4 weeks? now when should i stop that, frequent injection causes lumps. wht shld i do? thnks

604_MIKE
07-03-2009, 11:58 PM
Hi Leigh, I'm looking for some guidance. I have minimal aas experience ,I did a cycle when I was 20 and had poor training and diet and kept little of the gains. (it was test cyp/deca).
Im now 25, and have a much better understanding of proper diet and nutrion and have been strict for the last 3years. I now believe im actually ready for a cycle.
Im currently cutting, 215 at a little under 10%, i have been dieting for about 10 weeks. I would like to be a more lean so i plan on cutting until I reach 5-7%. Would it be a waste to start a cycle now? After i've been cutting naturally for so long- and inevatebly losing some muscle along the way? Is it possible to continue to lose more bf AND put on muscle if i started a cycle now? If so what compounds do you recomend? (I have a preferance for cyp due to once a week injections.)
Would my caloric/diet needs change? Would I be smarter to just finish cutting and start a cycle when my "offseason bulk" starts?I understand the basic use of aas, Im just not sure about my specific situation. And what about p/h's? I used to think these were just a more dangerous milder version of aas for those who didnt know any better, but after reading some threads on the topic alot of people seem to be singing there praises. What is your opinion? I apologize for being so scattered, I appreciate any guidance you (or anyone else) can give me. THANKS!

Mike

Lee Penman
07-04-2009, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell http://forums.rxmuscle.com/images/okay/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?p=343800#post343800)

i'm using 2iu of gh, 300mg of tren, and 300mg of test prop for 10 weeks also using arimidex for last 4 weeks? now when should i stop that, frequent injection causes lumps. wht shld i do? thnks
I'd say stop the injs two weeks out, although I know Dave has clients take prop right up to the show.

kell
07-04-2009, 11:08 AM
so it goes for gh too should i stop that too and i'm also taking 50gm of oral winni should i run it all the way to the show or stop it?

redline777
07-05-2009, 01:56 AM
can you take green lipped mussel in supplement form? will it give the same benefits as the real thing?

Lee Penman
07-05-2009, 11:23 AM
can you take green lipped mussel in supplement form? will it give the same benefits as the real thing?
That's the only way I have ever taken it...can't say I've ever come across the sea creature itself....lol!

Lee Penman
07-05-2009, 11:25 AM
so it goes for gh too should i stop that too and i'm also taking 50gm of oral winni should i run it all the way to the show or stop it?
This is the point that I am going to have to redirect you to Dave. I have my limitations and I'm not too egotistical to admit it! Dave is THE expert on this subject. Go to his Q & A.....

brady2220
07-06-2009, 10:52 AM
Leigh,
I have been using clomid 100mg and nolvadex 20-30mgs a day for a week now for my pct. I plan on using for two more weeks. I am using the liquid verions of these, is there a pill verions out there and which is better pill or liquid? i finished a 14 week cycle, also wanted to see if those doses looked good to you or if i should change them?

Lee Penman
07-07-2009, 11:26 AM
Leigh,
I have been using clomid 100mg and nolvadex 20-30mgs a day for a week now for my pct. I plan on using for two more weeks. I am using the liquid verions of these, is there a pill verions out there and which is better pill or liquid? i finished a 14 week cycle, also wanted to see if those doses looked good to you or if i should change them?
Your dosages look fine. As to liquid or tablet, the tablet is the most frequently used version. When considering absorbtion, interesting....although the pill form is the most used form there is something to be said for liquids as they may not be limited by your ability to break down these chemicals in the gut.

MikeS
07-07-2009, 12:13 PM
When coming off a lengthy cycle, apart from an aggressive PCT protocol is there anything that can be done nutritionally to minimise muscle loss i.e using Leucine to keep protein synthesis up, use of amino acids, recovery protocol (zma) etc? would any of that be effective in your opinion?

redline777
07-08-2009, 04:50 AM
what are some of the precautions u reccommend to protect against SWINE flu??????/

DCHMUSCLE88
07-09-2009, 12:24 AM
Would arimidex be a better pct for than nolva for deca and sust? Also would you advise it be used during the cycle? Thanks

2DaTop
07-09-2009, 12:54 AM
I would say that a woman shouldn't definitely come off of birth control while on a cycle in order to 1) maximize gains
2)Prevent hormonal chaos!

are you saying that a woman should or should not be using birth control pills while using a cycle such as anavar and/or winstrol?

Lee Penman
07-14-2009, 11:40 AM
When coming off a lengthy cycle, apart from an aggressive PCT protocol is there anything that can be done nutritionally to minimise muscle loss i.e using Leucine to keep protein synthesis up, use of amino acids, recovery protocol (zma) etc? would any of that be effective in your opinion?
Leucine and aminos would help, along with maintaining a good training regime. ZMA I would forget...all hype in my opinion, it's just another mineral supplement.

Lee Penman
07-14-2009, 11:43 AM
what are some of the precautions u reccommend to protect against SWINE flu??????/
Stay away from pig farmers....lol!!!
Seriously though...and if you are being serious...just keep your immune system healthy...vit C, D...glutamine, glutathione.....

Lee Penman
07-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Would arimidex be a better pct for than nolva for deca and sust? Also would you advise it be used during the cycle? Thanks
I would say arimadex would be better. You could use it throughout the cycle but in small amounts...say 0.5-1mg every other day. You don't want to remove ALL estrogen from your system.