PDA

View Full Version : Who are some of the best Natural Pro competitors??

AVBG
02-14-2009, 07:34 PM
Here are a few that I believe are in the upper echelon...

Post up some of your favorites.

STRENGTH-TRAINING
02-15-2009, 11:24 AM
whats the bodyweight of these bodybuilders
thanks

Maximus78
02-15-2009, 12:28 PM
Jim Cordova... He trains at one of my gyms.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_rDNyQdDXib8/SKBPH2a4RzI/AAAAAAAACss/Ac1RAjnSEhA/s400/Jim+Cordova+_11.jpg

TheSpirit
02-15-2009, 01:31 PM
Rob Hope

D8hbzsim1ZE

TheSpirit
02-15-2009, 01:35 PM
http://www.247bodybuilding.com/rob-hope2.jpg

Name: Rob Hope
Competitor class: Professional Bodybuilding
Birthplace: Isleworth Middlesex
Height: 5'5"
Off season weight: 190lbs
Contest weight: 175lbs
Gym: Physique warehouse (surrey)
Favourite body part: Back
Favourite exercise: Deadlifts
Favourite Female Pro Bodybuilder: Lenda Murray
Favourite Male Pro Bodybuilder: Big Ron
Top Diet tip: To fully maximise potential gains, year round consistent diet
plan is essential.
Top training tip: Heavy basic movements are key to progression

Show results/ placings:
2006 PNBA Pro Natural Universe Champion
2005 WNBF Overall Natural World Champion
2004 WNBF Overall Natural world Champion
2004 WNBF Natural Mr. Universe, Overall winner
2003 INBF Middleweight and Overall amateur world champion
2003 ANB British middleweight Champion
2003 BNBF British Finals 2nd place
2003 ANB South England Middleweight & overall champion
2003 BNBF Southern, Middleweight and overall champion
2002 ANB British Championships 2nd place
2002 ANB South East England championships, 2nd place

the mighty stu
02-15-2009, 06:40 PM
Cordova's just a genetic freak. Not to say he isn't highly intelligent in his training, nor that he doesn't bust his ass (he's also a hell of a humble, soft spoken, and friendly person), but the small joints and huge muscle bellies, specifically his pecs and biceps totally bely the fact that he competes as a middleweight.

Brian Whitacre is also one of my favorites. The conditioning he achieves should be the standard of all competitors, natty or not.

S

Dr.Natural1988
02-16-2009, 11:31 AM
Can't forget Tim Martin. He just one overall at last years TU...Chris Faildo is damn good as well.

AVBG
02-16-2009, 01:30 PM
Can't forget Tim Martin. He just one overall at last years TU...Chris Faildo is damn good as well.

get some pics up so people can see you you're talking about.

Tiki
02-16-2009, 04:47 PM
I'm not familiar with the women that compete as Natural - if possible I'd appreciate if any of you could post photos of the Top Female competitors as well.

Thanks so much!

Dr.Natural1988
02-16-2009, 05:58 PM
get some pics up so people can see you you're talking about.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/data/500/zz12.jpg
Tim Martin at the 2007 WNBF pro American...his TU pics aren't that good of quality.

http://www.cfaildo.com/images/chris-paradisecup.jpgNot sure which contest...but he's a welter weight believe it or not!

ving
02-16-2009, 06:55 PM
Can't forget Brian Whitacre!

ving
02-16-2009, 06:58 PM
and

meatheadio
02-16-2009, 09:43 PM
Layne Norton. He may not be the best right now, and is far from being a genetic freak of any sort. But this guy managed to transform his very average body through sheer hard work and consistency in his training, diet and supplementation.
He also busted hi arse getting a formal education and "unlocked" his potential through knowledge, not drugs.

Porterhouse23
02-16-2009, 09:50 PM
No Dave Goodin WOW....

HANEYCOLEMAN
02-17-2009, 10:16 AM
Joan Lopez Ms Universe (54yrs old)

Strikerrjones
02-17-2009, 10:50 AM
Layne Norton. He may not be the best right now, and is far from being a genetic freak of any sort. But this guy managed to transform his very average body through sheer hard work and consistency in his training, diet and supplementation.
He also busted hi arse getting a formal education and "unlocked" his potential through knowledge, not drugs.

He just broke the a world record in deadlifting for 220 pounds. I believe he deadlifted 635. The video is up on youtube (biolayne).

MashkaNY
02-17-2009, 12:49 PM
I'm not familiar with the women that compete as Natural - if possible I'd appreciate if any of you could post photos of the Top Female competitors as well.

Thanks so much!

I love this girl her name is Brenda Rahe , but i cant find decent pics of her online... she won at the WNBF world's in November, body is insane, tiny and shredded

meatheadio
02-17-2009, 02:35 PM
He just broke the a world record in deadlifting for 220 pounds. I believe he deadlifted 635. The video is up on youtube (biolayne).

He did indeed. He's an athlete of many talents. This was also just 11 months after his pec tear.
He is also a phenomonal training and nutritional coach, both in and out of season

toddbz
02-17-2009, 04:04 PM

set it with 630 then did 645...easily.

BananaHammock
02-17-2009, 04:55 PM
i love this girl her name is brenda rahe , but i cant find decent pics of her online... She won at the wnbf world's in november, body is insane, tiny and shredded

Tiki
02-17-2009, 06:39 PM
Thank You! I did some searching of my own and couldn't find too many pics of either women. So if possible, please keep the pics of the top female competitors coming (in addition to the men's of course) - I really appreciate seeing them.

Again, thanks you guys! :)

Dr.Natural1988
02-17-2009, 09:05 PM
No Dave Goodin WOW....

I'm ashamed of myself...

matt1005
02-17-2009, 09:21 PM
Philip Ricardo

oh and Brian Whitacre is maybe the most conditioned I have ever seen

HANEYCOLEMAN
02-18-2009, 03:12 AM

1st pic

This is strange. your girl is right next to my client Joan Lopez Ms universe.

2nd pic is another pic of your brenda rahe

3rd pic of Michelle Jin (asia bodybuilder) also my client.

Zetawill
02-20-2009, 04:48 PM
So these natty's have never used? or just haven't used in 2 years? Not to open up the age old "Define a natural" discussion

MashkaNY
02-21-2009, 04:06 AM
omg yes thats her! i searched all over for some pics of her after seeing the Worlds but couldnt find anythign recent... she's insane

MashkaNY
02-21-2009, 12:34 PM
I found an other pic of Branda, but you cant c how shredded she is in this pic..

debbiebramwell
02-21-2009, 12:43 PM
Derik Farnsworth! He trained me for a few years before I moved across country...he is an amazing bodybuilder and trainer! super strong!

the mighty stu
02-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Derik Farnsworth! He trained me for a few years before I moved across country...he is an amazing bodybuilder and trainer! super strong!

OKay, I'm sure some folks will pounce on me,.. but.. Really? Quads like that and he's a natty? I've hung out with some pretty 'massive' (a relative term) natural BBers, and from that one pic I'm not so certain... (still, I'll admit it is only one pic I'm basing it on, and I mean no disrespect to Derik, or Debbie for posting it up)

S

Jake DeMichele
02-21-2009, 03:52 PM

If that guy is natural he'd be the best natural bodybuilder to ever live to this date. Maybe he's been clean for a year or so but I'd bet all the money in the world he's not a lifetime natty.

willldabeast
02-21-2009, 04:09 PM

farnsworth is definitely not natty

NO_EXCUSES
02-22-2009, 10:23 PM
Some of my Favs were already mentioned but I have to say that Doug Miller is one of my top 3.

the mighty stu
02-22-2009, 10:24 PM
Hell yeah, Miller is a beast! Damn Thick S.O.B.!

S

AVBG
02-22-2009, 10:25 PM
Doug Miller is unreal!

NO_EXCUSES
02-22-2009, 10:32 PM
Miller was the head judge at my first show and I tell you the guys character is as solid and pleasing as his physique. Awesome bodybuilder and man.

AVBG
02-22-2009, 10:40 PM
Miller was the head judge at my first show and I tell you the guys character is as solid and pleasing as his physique. Awesome bodybuilder and man.

which federation does he compete/judge?

NO_EXCUSES
02-22-2009, 10:43 PM
Miller competes in IFPA and judges OCB

Jacketfreak08
02-23-2009, 11:10 AM
I like Michael O'hearn...

debbiebramwell
02-23-2009, 01:19 PM
OKay, I'm sure some folks will pounce on me,.. but.. Really? Quads like that and he's a natty? I've hung out with some pretty 'massive' (a relative term) natural BBers, and from that one pic I'm not so certain... (still, I'll admit it is only one pic I'm basing it on, and I mean no disrespect to Derik, or Debbie for posting it up)

S

Its ok...its a compliment! Derik is my height(5ft2) and competes at around 165...he is known for his legs..thats his best bodypart....I was accused of not being natural as well when I first started competing....so its all good:D

Kiyoshi Moody
02-23-2009, 01:26 PM
If you guys come down to World's gym in san diego and train with him or watch him train he's no bullshit. He's given me advice just little adjustments on a hack machine and it's made a big difference. To see what he puts his client sthrough as well as himself. You better prepare yourself mentally and emotionally and I think Debbie can attest to that!!!!!

Derik Farnsworth
02-23-2009, 01:36 PM
If that guy is natural he'd be the best natural bodybuilder to ever live to this date. Maybe he's been clean for a year or so but I'd bet all the money in the world he's not a lifetime natty.

lol ahh debbie , you kill me ...

jake seeing as you brought up the money issue , if you're that confident , i offer the same deal or challenge if you want to call i have done for my whole bbing career..
anytime anywhere, i'll take the test, i fail i'll give you 100k , go ahead and get a legal contract, i'll sign it .. u lose u pay me 100$ period.. how can you lose ?
that right walk in my gym have me take the test, on the spot urine or blood i dont care, as long as it goes ot an independant lab so theres no funny business i'm game , put up or shut up....

kiyoshi, s'up bro, these guys will never believe , i mean shit , my legs were 25 inches at 12yrs old after bmx. i weighed 149 in my first mens show in 1991 went pro in 2002 at 151... hmm must of been on some good shit...lololol
bbing is about illusion guys , remember that, i'm 5'2'' a midget almost..lol

D

AVBG
02-23-2009, 04:00 PM

jake seeing as you brought up the money issue , if you're that confident , i offer the same deal or challenge if you want to call i have done for my whole bbing career..
anytime anywhere, i'll take the test, i fail i'll give you 100k , go ahead and get a legal contract, i'll sign it .. u lose u pay me 100$ period.. how can you lose ?
that right walk in my gym have me take the test, on the spot urine or blood i dont care, as long as it goes ot an independant lab so theres no funny business i'm game , put up or shut up....

kiyoshi, s'up bro, these guys will never believe , i mean shit , my legs were 25 inches at 12yrs old after bmx. i weighed 149 in my first mens show in 1991 went pro in 2002 at 151... hmm must of been on some good shit...lololol

D
welcome Derik

debbiebramwell
02-23-2009, 07:30 PM

D

Derik, can I have some of that money?:D haha...its a huge compliment when they dont want to believe it.....if any of you want to see this guy train he has got a great video out!:cool:I learned alot from you...and Im forever grateful!;)

the mighty stu
02-23-2009, 08:06 PM
Hey Derik, I believe you bro. That was some crazy pic Debbie posted. I was emailing with Jim Cordova for about a year before I met him in person, and it was quite a shock to realize that this 'natural' BBers who looks about 230 in the mags was actually 5'7 and about 165 lbs! -lol. Cool to have you around man.

S

tight booty
02-28-2009, 01:42 AM
Skip Lacour!

tight booty
02-28-2009, 01:47 AM
Here's Skip!

AVBG
02-28-2009, 02:57 AM
Skip Lacour!

Skip is unreal. TB, do you listen to his weekly radio show?

tight booty
02-28-2009, 03:22 AM
Skip is unreal. TB, do you listen to his weekly radio show?
Yes Skip is unreal. Intelligent, well spoken and very positive.....can't get any better than that! I have listened to his show once, loved the accent...:D
I really should start listening to it on a regular basis. Skip is my fav natty bodybuilder!

matt1005
02-28-2009, 11:27 AM
When I dieted for my first show I was 21 and found Jeff Willet and the AST site. He was always inspirational to me and I followed his type of diet for my first year of competing.
Along with Jeff is Skip. They both seem to be pretty stand up guys.

MashkaNY
03-09-2009, 06:35 PM
I found an other pic of Branda, but you cant c how shredded she is in this pic..
found an other one of my fav girl Branda!

http://www.wnbf.net/image.html?imageId=402&view=zoom&type=event

Tatyana
03-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Andrew Merrifield

the mighty stu
03-09-2009, 07:59 PM
andrew merrifield

geeeez!!!!

S

Wednesday100
03-10-2009, 03:29 AM
And on the female side for the Brits - Cheryl Myers (http://www.naturalmuscle.co.uk/article_yorkshirebeef.shtml)

http://www.naturalmuscle.co.uk/articles/yorkshirebeef/chez1.jpg

Jake DeMichele
03-10-2009, 04:30 PM

D

I didn't realize you were that short until I saw you at the arnold. I believe it coming out of your mouth and seeing that your 5'2, but when someone else just says it, you question it... As far as the money thing goes I wasn't speaking literally, even if you were juiced you cant test for gh or insulin so that would be stupid on my part anyway.

AVBG
03-10-2009, 07:23 PM
unreal pics.. Brenda looks amazing.. keep em coming.

TheSpirit
03-10-2009, 11:04 PM

D

That's crazy genetics. I met Farnsworth, the man is an ANIMAL for real. I saw him with my OWN eyes go deep in 405lb squats for 26 reps. I saw him train someone at the Metro in Ohio. He knows his sh!t.

Some of you guys have been plateou for many years because you have been getting by on half @ss workouts and blaming being natty on that. If I had a buck for how many people I see slaming and throwing weight around and looking the same month after month, year after year I would be paid in full. Wake up people, your training style, plan and diet probably don't work for you and you probably have been spining your wheels for the majority of the time you have been training. Farnsworth has been training for 20 years. Deal with it. Better yet take a video of your lifts and have him critique your form.

I challenge anyone to squat 405x26 that many times and be frail looking.

Also Natty competitors compete too often to make significant gains.

fitcorps
03-12-2009, 10:14 AM
Lot's of great answers. Add to the list:

Jeff Willet
Chris Faildo
Cleveland Thomas
Tommi Robertson

I've competed against a guy named Rico Browning that is running through the NGA right now doing some major damage.

AlonePowers
03-14-2009, 12:50 PM
Definatly Jeff Rodriguez from the NPC, Shaun"the new giant killer"Clarida WNBF PRO and Anthony Monetti new WNBF Pro, WNBF Pro Jim Cordova

GSXR1000
03-18-2009, 05:36 AM
Jason Powell

iJkC068YEUI

nutratroy
03-20-2009, 02:25 PM

Jeff Willet
Chris Faildo
Cleveland Thomas
Tommi Robertson

I've competed against a guy named Rico Browning that is running through the NGA right now doing some major damage.

And Kyle Harris! Come on son!

thepump
03-20-2009, 10:04 PM

i see the same light bro, i love deb, she is like a sis..... but its so hard to believe and that's a compliment if you think about it, looking so good its to good to be true kind of thing:beerbang:

BrandonBass
03-31-2009, 12:02 AM
Phillip Ricardo is true freak!! Very nice guy as well....

BrandonBass
03-31-2009, 12:05 AM

Jeff Willet
Chris Faildo
Cleveland Thomas
Tommi Robertson

Great list....some underrated bodybuilders on there! Jeff Willet looked great in his prime!

SpeedoGuido
03-31-2009, 11:54 PM
http://www.musclememory.com/images/amateurUSA/WilliamsUlissesJr.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_g93bcGvgWBo/RhtsN3wAVBI/AAAAAAAABfk/58JCkxjvuik/s400/UlissesWilliamsJr-moF-001.jpg

Ulisses Williams Jr. aka Ulisses Jr.

Musclemania Atlantic, MiddleWeight, 1st
Musclemania Superbody, MiddleWeight, 1st
Musclemania Superbody, Overall Winner

Musclemania, Professional, 3rd
Musclemania Superbody, Professional, 1st

SpeedoGuido
04-01-2009, 12:24 AM
....snip....

D

http://forums.rxmuscle.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2293&thumb=1&d=1235238177

Wow Derik, that is inspiring! I'm a natty and I don't look 1/8 as good as you and most people don't believe me... I can't imagine the crap you have to put up with! Great job bro!

Leigh Carmichael
07-31-2009, 12:19 PM
Mezza again...

arielkhadr
07-31-2009, 01:50 PM
Morris Mendez
http://furiousphotographers.com/musclemania/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/big_mo.jpg
http://www.musclemania.com/images/new%20mo%20pics%20070.jpg
http://furiousphotographers.com/musclemania/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/natural_wonder.jpg

MsGuns
07-31-2009, 02:19 PM
Morris Mendez
http://furiousphotographers.com/musclemania/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/big_mo.jpg
http://www.musclemania.com/images/new%20mo%20pics%20070.jpg
http://furiousphotographers.com/musclemania/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/natural_wonder.jpg

Ariel, Morris is really cool n cute. I met him when I did Muslcemania Superbody in 06.

Philip Ricardo
08-01-2009, 11:29 PM
If you guys come down to World's gym in san diego and train with him or watch him train he's no bullshit. He's given me advice just little adjustments on a hack machine and it's made a big difference. To see what he puts his client sthrough as well as himself. You better prepare yourself mentally and emotionally and I think Debbie can attest to that!!!!!

Wow, this is a great post, and I know a lot of these Natty's I have met throughout my career, and they are all legit Naturals despite what some may think. Each and every one of these top level athletes are very humble and are willing to take the time to praise others as well as give advice.
*** One of the top Naturals around, and has been around since 1998 is my boy Kyoshi Moody, who always brings it, and is the reason I found this forum! Kyoshi, you are the man, and you looked awesome at the USA's...you were definitely overlooked! This is gonna be your time to take it all at the Team Universe!!!

Kiyoshi Moody
08-02-2009, 12:56 AM
Wow, this is a great post, and I know a lot of these Natty's I have met throughout my career, and they are all legit Naturals despite what some may think. Each and every one of these top level athletes are very humble and are willing to take the time to praise others as well as give advice.
*** One of the top Naturals around, and has been around since 1998 is my boy Kyoshi Moody, who always brings it, and is the reason I found this forum! Kyoshi, you are the man, and you looked awesome at the USA's...you were definitely overlooked! This is gonna be your time to take it all at the Team Universe!!!

Rico< damn my brotha, thank you. Where u been? u better not be in SD!!!!

Philip Ricardo
08-02-2009, 01:16 AM
I wish I was, Im in Iraq...again. Im working right now...I wish I was home!!!

MsGuns
08-02-2009, 01:28 AM
Welcome, Phillip!

Mods/FL Can Phillip get his own Q & A?

AVBG
08-02-2009, 03:10 AM
Welcome, Phillip!

Mods/FL Can Phillip get his own Q & A?

fo' sure!:cool:

MsGuns
08-03-2009, 03:28 PM
Thx AVBG...natties are in the house!

arielkhadr
08-03-2009, 03:42 PM
Ariel, Morris is really cool n cute. I met him when I did Muslcemania Superbody in 06.

I met him a couple times as well. He's a very nice guy :)

tkatmommie
08-10-2009, 01:07 PM
http://www.worldphysique.com/competitorofthemonthjuly2009.html

tkatmommie
08-10-2009, 01:08 PM
http://store.element-fit.com/gallery/9136826_sfRHG#610638925_qA2Ao

MsGuns
08-10-2009, 03:03 PM
http://www.worldphysique.com/competitorofthemonthjuly2009.html

CONGRATS on your Pro card....
Nice interview...I luv Tammy.
have you done the world physique contest yet?

AVBG
08-11-2009, 01:09 AM
http://store.element-fit.com/gallery/9136826_sfRHG#610638925_qA2Ao

congrats on the pro status!!!:flowers:

great pics!!

fitcorps
08-20-2009, 11:19 AM
I wish I was, Im in Iraq...again. Im working right now...I wish I was home!!!

Philip, thank you for your continued work for this country.

fitcorps
08-20-2009, 11:19 AM
And Kyle Harris! Come on son!

Flattered and humbled Troy, but I've got some work to do!

Philip Ricardo
08-20-2009, 10:55 PM
Philip, thank you for your continued work for this country.

Thanks Kyle, and good seeing you on these threads.

grandmaster87
08-24-2009, 05:45 AM
http://musclescience.dionline.co.za/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1198.0;attach=2859 ;image
South African.

grandmaster87
08-24-2009, 05:46 AM
POW!
http://musclescience.dionline.co.za/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1198.0;attach=2864 ;image

Mr. Dead
08-28-2009, 07:16 PM
Derik Farnsworth... The guy has strength for days, and is actually a very nice guy...

TyRReLL2oo9
08-28-2009, 07:23 PM
Pete Hilburn U.S.B.F Natural Pro
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/2271/petehilburn.th.jpg (http://img198.imageshack.us/i/petehilburn.jpg/)

GALTONATOR
08-30-2009, 11:01 AM
Jon Harris

file:///C:/Users/Scott/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-5.pngfile:///C:/Users/Scott/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-6.png