PDA

View Full Version : Upper Back muscle pull/pain...

Razer
05-27-2009, 02:12 AM
Think I've pulled or strained the Infraspinatus muscle in my upper left back area. It's hard to take a full and deep breath or sleep on my sides without this little mofo kicking up some pain. What other than icy hot would you guys recommend for this issue.

SpeedoGuido
05-27-2009, 02:20 AM
I'm with you brother! I'm just getting over the worst back pull I've ever had. Friggin' freezing cold air conditioners kill me!
Deep tissue massage works best for me.

ironwarrior22
05-27-2009, 03:25 AM
Some deep tissue massage or ART therapy and maybe some progenix.

Razer
05-27-2009, 03:25 AM
I'm with you brother! I'm just getting over the worst back pull I've ever had. Friggin' freezing cold air conditioners kill me!
Deep tissue massage works best for me.

Yea I hear ya! So far the only thing that relieves the pain for just a few minutes is pressure point massage given by my wife using her elbow or leaning up against a machine at the gym. It's one of those nerve racking pains, I'll get over it though....

KBigz81
05-27-2009, 07:14 AM
I had the same problem for about 2 years. I finally had the dr look at since the deep tissue massages were causing it "burn" even more. Ended up i tore the tendon that is attached from the rhomboid to the shoulder blade. It looks like your pain is in the same area as mine. Might be something you want to get looked at by a Dr. Mine gave me a cortisone shot last week, and so far so good. Pain is gone. If it comes back I'll have to have surgery and have the tendon reattached.