PDA

View Full Version : whose looking impressive these days

dublin-lifter
05-27-2009, 11:38 AM
has anyone any thoughts on any fighters commin up that they think are looking impreesive or like they could be contending for a title or even knockin a champ off his stool e.g gsp,sliva etc

i think check kongo is looking really good and cant wait for his next fight i can see him wearing the belt in the future

also he moves pretty fucken fast for a guy that weighs 240 pounds

Plates
05-27-2009, 11:47 AM
I like Kenny Florian. I didnt like him at all in the beginning; but his last few fights he has impressed the hell out of me. I also like Joe Lauzon. I think when he ages a little bit, he will surprise some people. Another one that comes to mind is Thiago Alves. Also Swick at 170 looks interesting, and Justin Hazlett as well.

dublin-lifter
05-27-2009, 11:54 AM
I like Kenny Florian. I didnt like him at all in the beginning; but his last few fights he has impressed the hell out of me. I also like Joe Lauzon. I think when he ages a little bit, he will surprise some people. Another one that comes to mind is Thiago Alves. Also Swick at 170 looks interesting, and Justin Hazlett as well.

yea alves is pretty good big ask for him against gsp do should be a great fight cant wait for ufc 100

i really hope kenny florian beats bj penn i really can not stand him:mad::mad:

bionic redneck
05-27-2009, 03:47 PM
shane carwin is an up and commer in the HW division no one has made it outta the first round with him

BIG AL WILLIAMS
05-27-2009, 09:33 PM
Thiago has improved a lot but watch him not make weight again against GSP and it will be a non title bout.He should cut his cycle of juice early so its easier to make weight.

<~~StrengthByGod~~>
05-28-2009, 09:03 AM
has anyone any thoughts on any fighters commin up that they think are looking impreesive or like they could be contending for a title or even knockin a champ off his stool e.g gsp,sliva etc

i think check kongo is looking really good and cant wait for his next fight i can see him wearing the belt in the future

also he moves pretty fucken fast for a guy that weighs 240 pounds

Kongo is one big, fast fighter. He needs more ground game to make a name for himself.

I like Anderson Silva, Rashad Evans, K-Flo..

mikeg17
05-28-2009, 01:56 PM
Until some one beats him its gotta be Anderson Silva he always finds a way to win,that being said Machida is also looking good. k-flo has the best ground game in mma i think.

Plates
05-28-2009, 02:05 PM
Until some one beats him its gotta be Anderson Silva he always finds a way to win,that being said Machida is also looking good. k-flo has the best ground game in mma i think. EEK! I dont know about k-flo and being the best. I would put Maia and BJ at the top for sure. Hell, i'll go out on a limb and say Hazlet will be up there eventually. Kenny is good on the ground, but not top notch in my opinion.

bionic redneck
05-28-2009, 07:19 PM
what about the big boys now...lol.. the heavywieghts.. yall gotta give them some love..lol

Plates
05-29-2009, 12:28 AM
I seen a vid today of Maia tapping out Gonzaga. lol......Gonzaga is a large man, and a black belt, and got tapped quick! As far as heavyweights go, Gonzaga owns all...then Mir and Noguera side by side, in my opinion.

dublin-lifter
05-30-2009, 07:37 AM
I seen a vid today of Maia tapping out Gonzaga. lol......Gonzaga is a large man, and a black belt, and got tapped quick! As far as heavyweights go, Gonzaga owns all...then Mir and Noguera side by side, in my opinion.

yea i think mirr will take brock lesnar cant wait to see the fight do should be good

bionic redneck
05-30-2009, 07:49 AM
i think that has alot to do with lesnars submission and take down defense.. if it has improved then we should see a good fight