PDA

View Full Version : Michael Vick Trade

-Z-
02-14-2009, 08:53 PM
This is a article from yahoo sports, my guess is Seattle or San Francisco.

Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:46 pm EST
Where will Michael Vick play football in 2009?

By Chris Chase

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nfl_experts__11/ept_sports_nfl_experts-34343001-1234636958.jpg?ymeSKzADqJ1t7h9_The Atlanta Falcons announced this week that they were looking to trade the rights to Michael Vick, who is indefinitely suspended from the NFL and currently imprisoned for his role in a dogfighting operation. In essence, they want somebody to give them something in return for their massively overvalued, damaged product. Good luck with that.
It's not even a guarantee that Vick will be back in the NFL in 2009. Roger Goodell has said he won't consider reinstatement until Vick's legal obligations are settled, and that might not be until July. Plus, it's Goodell and he likes to drag things out, so don't expect a quick decision on Vick's future.
If Vick does get reinstated, it is still difficult to imagine that there will be too many teams lining up to give away draft picks in order to get a guy who's been in prison for the past 18 months and is due to get $15 million in 2009 from his current contract. More likely, teams will wait for Atlanta to release Vick, thus enabling them to sign him to a new, more logical deal.
Assuming that all these things happen, what's the most likely destination for Vick in 2009? Shutdown Corner lists the five most likely spots:
1) Oakland -- Other locales might make more football sense, but Vick landing in Oakland make the most overall sense. The Raiders are irrelevant, Al Davis won't care about the negative press and a good number of Oakland fans can relate to Vick's status as an ex-con. JaMarcus Russell is already there at QB, but that's just semantics.
2) Seattle -- Former Falcons coaches Jim Mora and Gregg Knapp are now running the show in Seattle. With Matt Hasselbeck possibly on his way out, this could be a good fit for Vick.
3) San Francisco -- Shaun Hill and J.T. O'Sullivan may not be the answers.
4) Minnesota -- The Vikings are a quarterback away from being a true contender in the NFC, so they seem like the most logical landing spot for Vick. But Vick isn't a Drew Brees-type who can be easily dropped into a pre-existing system, he's the kind of guy whom the system has to be built around. Also, the team is in a battle to get public funding for a new stadium and bringing in a social pariah like Vick may not be the best way to win support for a stadium plan that's already questionable in this economy.
5) New York Jets -- The Jets have said they aren't interested in acquiring Michael Vick. They weren't interested in trading for Brett Favre either.
Honorable Mention: Washington -- If you think Dan Snyder hasn't called up Jim Zorn in the middle of the night at least once this month to bounce off some ideas about how Michael Vick could help the Redskins, then you don't know Danny.
Not listed: Detroit (even Michael Vick has standards), Tampa Bay (unlikely that a new coach and GM would begin careers with Vick at QB) and Kansas City (ditto).

MichaelWayne
02-14-2009, 09:30 PM
Fuck that fucking fucker right in the fucking ass!

Way to set an example NFL. I remember them saying "Michael Vick will never play football again. End of story."

What utter bullshit. If he would of been caught doing steroids they would of banned him from being a member of planet Earth. Instead, he kills innocent dogs, goes to jail, proves himself to be a fraud...and now he gets the right to play football again. What a system!

-Z-
02-14-2009, 09:39 PM
It's all about money.

MichaelWayne
02-14-2009, 09:42 PM
It's all about money.

So true. Just love the last line, "there is Detroit...but even Vick has standards..." Wow, just wow.

225orDie
02-15-2009, 01:18 AM
I like Mike Vick. Just because he had a dog fighting ring doesn't make him a bad guy. People kill animals everyday, it is life...............NEXT

MichaelWayne
02-15-2009, 01:29 AM
I like Mike Vick. Just because he had a dog fighting ring doesn't make him a bad guy. People kill animals everyday, it is life...............NEXT

Another valid point, but there is a difference between killing an animal for food and killing an animal 'that trusts you' for sport. Besides that the kids are getting a mixed enough message from athletes, why should they be given another?

Sorry for highjacking the thread, this isn't about animal cruelty, its about a QB who should be a WR seeing so he can't throw for shit!

DaPulse
02-26-2009, 01:32 PM
Vick sucks, he is not a starting caliber QB, never has been never will be. Send his but to Canada. His suspension was indefinite so he is not guaranteed to be reinstated, but we all know the NFL is about THEIR money so I am sure some owner(AL Davis) will apply enough pressure to the Commish to get him back.

SonOfPluto
02-26-2009, 04:10 PM

I disagree, I think it makes him scum.

Mike Hunt
02-26-2009, 04:28 PM
It's all about money.
Yep,agree.Money-the root of all evil.

BigJD69
02-26-2009, 06:46 PM
He's TRASH!!!!!

Tu Holmes
02-26-2009, 06:50 PM

I disagree with you.

I'm not saying he's a great guy... He's not... But the guy was never convicted of KILLING anything.

He was convicted of funding dog fighting... That's it.

He never did anything to a PERSON... A Human.

People ASSAULT other PEOPLE and do less time in prison than Vick did... The bottom line was he was a rich black man and "the man" wanted to make an example of him.

Just like when they did it to Martha Stewart and Lil Kim.

Him getting that kind of time because he funded dog fighting was a fucking sham.

Tu Holmes
02-26-2009, 06:53 PM
Another valid point, but there is a difference between killing an animal for food and killing an animal 'that trusts you' for sport. Besides that the kids are getting a mixed enough message from athletes, why should they be given another?

Sorry for highjacking the thread, this isn't about animal cruelty, its about a QB who should be a WR seeing so he can't throw for shit!

You do realize that Michael Vick statistically has numbers equally as good as Peyton Manning from 2001 - 2006.

Maybe not plain passing stats, but if you look at passing + rushing... He's the man.

Also, he's the VERY first QB to go into Green Bay during a playoff game and win. That had never been done before him.

Say what you want, but skill wise and talent wise... Michael Vick was one of the top 5 QBs in the league until he got sent up the river.

Theobeselifter
02-26-2009, 06:57 PM
If Tyson came back so Can Vick, and so have a lot of other athletes, and people will buy tickets and will attend the games... and why is that? BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE CONTROVERSY! It's just the dag on truth period.

Viking
02-26-2009, 08:30 PM
Minnesota needs a QB sooooooo bad they may take him if he's cheap

BigAl33
02-26-2009, 10:23 PM
If Tyson came back so Can Vick, and so have a lot of other athletes, and people will buy tickets and will attend the games... and why is that? BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE CONTROVERSY! It's just the dag on truth period.

That just shows how far down we have gone as a country.

You do realize that Michael Vick statistically has numbers equally as good as Peyton Manning from 2001 - 2006.

Maybe not plain passing stats, but if you look at passing + rushing... He's the man.

Also, he's the VERY first QB to go into Green Bay during a playoff game and win. That had never been done before him.

Say what you want, but skill wise and talent wise... Michael Vick was one of the top 5 QBs in the league until he got sent up the river.

LOL @ Vick/Manning comparison!!!!!!!

Bubba Bronko
02-27-2009, 12:13 AM

I agree he didnt have to kill the dogs in such disgusting ways (drowning electricution etc) but its dog fighting big deal its part of the culture. People hunt dont see a problem there. We pay to watch humans fight. I know a little off topic my bad

kraken
02-27-2009, 12:19 AM
You can take the man out of the hood, but you can't take the hood out of the man. Good luck to the fans of whoever takes this "man".

225orDie
02-27-2009, 01:05 AM

To me there is no difference. Killing is killing, and I am ok with it. I'm sure that chicken you ate tonight would tell you another story about the difference of killing for food or for sport. Plus lets face it all the pussies that eat meat would not have the balls to kill an animal and have to clean it and all that shit to make dinner. Again back to the thread topic.......

You are right he sucks ass as a QB!!

SoxFan11
02-27-2009, 01:27 AM
Amazing. This thread got to 18 posts and no one has dropped the "but Leonard Little" bomb.
BTW- I don't think Leonard Little should be playing in the NFL any more than I think Vick should be welcomed back. And, for what it's worth, I'd wager that Vick never plays another down in the NFL.

BK
02-27-2009, 01:38 AM
To me there is no difference. Killing is killing, and I am ok with it. I'm sure that chicken you ate tonight would tell you another story about the difference of killing for food or for sport. Plus lets face it all the pussies that eat meat would not have the balls to kill an animal and have to clean it and all that shit to make dinner. Again back to the thread topic.......

You are right he sucks ass as a QB!!
So if u meat you are a pussy? And where is your proof?:rolleyes:
Killing is not killing. Wht he did to those dogs was deplorable. They did'nt deserve that type of treatment. It was'nt like he was humanely putting these dogs to sleep. He drowned, electrocuted, beat and kicked the dogs to death. He deserved everything he got.
He does suck as a quarterback. He is too much of an athlete and gunslinger to be effective. He will fill stadium seats because of his big play ability, but big play ability from a quarterback equals injuries, and a breakdown of the teams offensive scheme.

Tu Holmes
02-27-2009, 01:41 AM
That just shows how far down we have gone as a country.

LOL @ Vick/Manning comparison!!!!!!!

Show me where I'm wrong with my comparison then... Look at the years... compile the stats and show me where Michael Vick is not a top notch QB and where the numbers show otherwise.

No, he never won a superbowl... but lots of QBs haven't... Drew Brees hasn't won one and he's arguably the 2nd or 3rd best QB in the league today.

Hell... look at total yards in 2002, 2004, 2005, and 2006 and look at where the numbers are.... Then look at the teams...

1. Had Michael Vick and basically no one else
2. The other had an entire roster of Marvin Harrison's, Edgerrin James', and Reggie Waynes...

Yeah... Vick sucked. :rolleyes:

kraken
02-27-2009, 01:43 AM
Amazing. This thread got to 18 posts and no one has dropped the "but Leonard Little" bomb.
BTW- I don't think Leonard Little should be playing in the NFL any more than I think Vick should be welcomed back. And, for what it's worth, I'd wager that Vick never plays another down in the NFL.

Leonard Little
http://www.nndb.com/people/032/000045894/leonard-little.jpgBorn: 19-Oct (http://www.nndb.com/lists/810/000106492/)-1974 (http://www.nndb.com/lists/973/000105658/)
Birthplace: Asheville, NC (http://www.nndb.com/geo/403/000069196/)

Race or Ethnicity: Black
Executive summary: Rams defensive end with a drinking problem After a drunken birthday in 1998, NFL star Leonard Little crashed into and killed another motorist. When tested, his blood alcohol level measured 0.19 percent. Little received 60 days and 1000 hours of community service. Six years later, after the involuntary manslaughter conviction was wiped from his record, Little was again arrested for drunk driving.

SoxFan11
02-27-2009, 01:49 AM
Leonard Little
http://www.nndb.com/people/032/000045894/leonard-little.jpgBorn: 19-Oct (http://www.nndb.com/lists/810/000106492/)-1974 (http://www.nndb.com/lists/973/000105658/)
Birthplace: Asheville, NC (http://www.nndb.com/geo/403/000069196/)

Race or Ethnicity: Black
Executive summary: Rams defensive end with a drinking problem After a drunken birthday in 1998, NFL star Leonard Little crashed into and killed another motorist. When tested, his blood alcohol level measured 0.19 percent. Little received 60 days and 1000 hours of community service. Six years later, after the involuntary manslaughter conviction was wiped from his record, Little was again arrested for drunk driving.

Just goes to show how unequal justice is in our country. If Joe Average had been convicted of involuntary manslaughter he'd have done more time and not had his record expunged.

Tu Holmes
02-27-2009, 01:50 AM
Just goes to show how unequal justice is in our country. If Joe Average had been convicted of involuntary manslaughter he'd have done more time and not had his record expunged.

Exactly... And he did less time than Michael Vick and Vick only FUNDED dog fighting... He didn't even do it himself.

Is Vick an idiot? Sure... but damn... talk about the punishment not fitting the crime.

Viking
02-27-2009, 01:52 AM

Yes, the judges in our courts have too wide of a view...it all depends on who represents you and if they know how to work the judge over...

BK
02-27-2009, 02:05 AM
Exactly... And he did less time than Michael Vick and Vick only FUNDED dog fighting... He didn't even do it himself.

Is Vick an idiot? Sure... but damn... talk about the punishment not fitting the crime.
Funded, bred, and stored the dogs on his property. You can't honestly sit here and say that all he did was fund dog fighting. Give me a break. In fact:
The Atlanta Falcons (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=atl) quarterback and three others were charged with competitive dogfighting, procuring and training pit bulls for fighting and conducting the enterprise across state lines.
The operation was named "Bad Newz Kennels," according to the indictment, and the dogs were housed, trained and fought at a property owned by Vick in Surry County, Va.

Looks like more then funding to me.

Tu Holmes
02-27-2009, 02:19 AM
Funded, bred, and stored the dogs on his property. You can't honestly sit here and say that all he did was fund dog fighting. Give me a break. In fact:
The Atlanta Falcons (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=atl) quarterback and three others were charged with competitive dogfighting, procuring and training pit bulls for fighting and conducting the enterprise across state lines.
The operation was named "Bad Newz Kennels," according to the indictment, and the dogs were housed, trained and fought at a property owned by Vick in Surry County, Va.

Looks like more then funding to me.

He was not convicted of anything but funding... Say what you want... but he's guilty of what he's convicted of... nothing more.

So says our court of law.

225orDie
02-27-2009, 04:24 AM
So if u meat you are a pussy? And where is your proof?:rolleyes:
Killing is not killing. Wht he did to those dogs was deplorable. They did'nt deserve that type of treatment. It was'nt like he was humanely putting these dogs to sleep. He drowned, electrocuted, beat and kicked the dogs to death. He deserved everything he got.
He does suck as a quarterback. He is too much of an athlete and gunslinger to be effective. He will fill stadium seats because of his big play ability, but big play ability from a quarterback equals injuries, and a breakdown of the teams offensive scheme.

No the pussy comment was for the people who eat meat and wouldn't have the balls to kill that animal they are eating. I'm sorry but there are a lot more pressing issues in the country than dog fighting. For Christ sakes it is fucking dogs! Just because we have them as pets it is like their life is more valuable than other animals. Of course it is all because Vick is a sports star and we hold them up on a pedestal like they are fucking gods. Who gives a fuck about him or the dogs. It is all bullshit!!

He will fill those seats, because most of the fans don't give a shit about how bad of a person is, as long as he performs.

DaPulse
02-27-2009, 12:15 PM
He was not convicted of anything but funding... Say what you want... but he's guilty of what he's convicted of... nothing more.

Read the indictment, his plea deal included him admitting that he did take part in the killing of 8 under preforming dogs, as well as participating in the fights with his own dogs. As far as Vick being a top 5 QB you are on CRACK! You know nothing about football if you think he is a TOP QB. Just because he can run around and make some plays with his feet does not make him a good QB. As a QB Vick is and was a failure, as an Athlete he is very talented.

Tu Holmes
02-27-2009, 02:43 PM
Read the indictment, his plea deal included him admitting that he did take part in the killing of 8 under preforming dogs, as well as participating in the fights with his own dogs. As far as Vick being a top 5 QB you are on CRACK! You know nothing about football if you think he is a TOP QB. Just because he can run around and make some plays with his feet does not make him a good QB. As a QB Vick is and was a failure, as an Athlete he is very talented.

Like I said about Vick's QB ability... PLEASE show me where statistics show me I'm wrong.

When you do that, then I might change my mind.

He guy had a cannon for an arm... Insane speed and was a playmaker.... He single handedly beat Green Bay in Green Bay in the playoffs... A feat that had never been done before.

Look at his total yards for those years I posted before and tell me again how he wasn't a top QB.

Had that whole gallon of haterade this morning huh?

BigAl33
02-27-2009, 02:51 PM
Show me where I'm wrong with my comparison then... Look at the years... compile the stats and show me where Michael Vick is not a top notch QB and where the numbers show otherwise.

No, he never won a superbowl... but lots of QBs haven't... Drew Brees hasn't won one and he's arguably the 2nd or 3rd best QB in the league today.

Hell... look at total yards in 2002, 2004, 2005, and 2006 and look at where the numbers are.... Then look at the teams...

1. Had Michael Vick and basically no one else
2. The other had an entire roster of Marvin Harrison's, Edgerrin James', and Reggie Waynes...

Yeah... Vick sucked. :rolleyes:

I never said he sucked. But to compare him to Manning is crazy. He got all those rushing yards because he isn't smart ebough to read a defense and find the open man. Manning is a far better QUARTERBACK than Vick. Vick is a great running back in your argument.

OJ did'nt do it either, but I suppose he'll find the real killer in prison.

Tu Holmes
02-27-2009, 02:56 PM
I never said he sucked. But to compare him to Manning is crazy. He got all those rushing yards because he isn't smart ebough to read a defense and find the open man. Manning is a far better QUARTERBACK than Vick. Vick is a great running back in your argument.

OJ did'nt do it either, but I suppose he'll find the real killer in prison.

Dude a QB having over 2500 yards in multiple seasons is NOT just a running back... Sure... he ran for between 700 and 900 yards a season in between those times as well, but 2500 passing yards too?

Come on...

BigAl33
02-27-2009, 06:56 PM
Dude a QB having over 2500 yards in multiple seasons is NOT just a running back... Sure... he ran for between 700 and 900 yards a season in between those times as well, but 2500 passing yards too?

Come on...

Before you said look at the combined yards, so thats what I did. Now I use the rushing yards and they don't count. 2500 yards for a starting QB in the NFL is'nt really that good, especially for a "top 5 qb".

BK
02-28-2009, 12:30 AM
Before you said look at the combined yards, so thats what I did. Now I use the rushing yards and they don't count. 2500 yards for a starting QB in the NFL is'nt really that good, especially for a "top 5 qb".
His average rating was abotu 75% which is hardly top five material. His touchdown to interception ratio was average at best and he averaged at least 10 fumbles per year with 16 in one year.
He was a good QB in college but he is average at best in the NFL. He is the type of player that can be your best player and your worst player in the same game. In other words he can the lose the game for you just as much as he can win one for you.

BigAl33
02-28-2009, 11:05 AM
His average rating was abotu 75% which is hardly top five material. His touchdown to interception ratio was average at best and he averaged at least 10 fumbles per year with 16 in one year.
He was a good QB in college but he is average at best in the NFL. He is the type of player that can be your best player and your worst player in the same game. In other words he can the lose the game for you just as much as he can win one for you.

Good points. I guess thats what I was trying to say. Not really that good. NOT "top 5" for sure. Good points about the rating and fumbles..

BigBilly
02-28-2009, 02:28 PM
welcome home vick

Tu Holmes
02-28-2009, 03:19 PM

Why do rushing yards not count? What kind of nonsense is that?

In 2006 the guy had over 1000 yards rushing and over 2500 yards passing.

3500 yards from scrimmage is top notch... To say otherwise is ridiculous man.

BK
02-28-2009, 03:29 PM
Still does'nt make him a top five QB. All you got to do is go to nfl.com and compare his stats to top five QB's.
All of those rushing yards don't amount to shit if you can't score. How many fumbles did he not recover as a result from all of that rushing? How did it help the team? Is he a RB or QB? He is an average QB with average stats at best.

Tu Holmes
02-28-2009, 03:34 PM
Still does'nt make him a top five QB. All you got to do is go to nfl.com and compare his stats to top five QB's.
All of those rushing yards don't amount to shit if you can't score. How many fumbles did he not recover as a result from all of that rushing? How did it help the team? Is he a RB or QB? He is an average QB with average stats at best.

He changed the QB position... You believe a QB should throw a football... I believe if you can run for 1000 yards, score TDs, and also throw for 2500 yards, he's one of the best.

How many INTs did farve throw? Would you say he wasn't a top 5 QB when he was throwing those picks?

How is a fumble any different?

Zetawill
02-28-2009, 04:24 PM
I hear Dallas runs a good rehab for idiots

Tu Holmes
02-28-2009, 04:35 PM
I hear Dallas runs a good rehab for idiots

If Vick goes to Dallas... Dallas wins the superbowl.

BigAl33
02-28-2009, 05:01 PM
He changed the QB position... You believe a QB should throw a football... I believe if you can run for 1000 yards, score TDs, and also throw for 2500 yards, he's one of the best.

How many INTs did farve throw? Would you say he wasn't a top 5 QB when he was throwing those picks?

Changed it to WHAT? FAVRE threw way more TD's than ints. Favre was a top 3 qb in the day. Vick was MAYBE top 10. Could'nt read a defense, made poor decisions and had to run. TD to INT ratio was'nt good, and as mentioned the fumbles.

Career Stats, Not that impressive.

Games: 74 RATE: 75.7 COMP%: 53.8 YDS: 11,505 YDS/G: 155.5 TD: 71 INT: 52 RUSH: 529 YDS: 3859 YDS/G: 52.1 TD: 21 SACK: 187 YDS/LOST: 1153 FUM: 55 FUM/LOST: 27

Where is the "Top 5"? The 53.8 completion % or the 75.7 rating? I can't see it.

BigAl33
02-28-2009, 05:13 PM

SUPER LOL!!!!!! Yeah. They could re sign Adam Jones, Get leonard Little, and have OJ be the running backs coach.....

BK
02-28-2009, 07:26 PM
You really think Vick is a better QB then Tony Romo? Now I know you are dumb.

BK
02-28-2009, 07:36 PM

Actually Randall Cunningham was around way before Mike Vick. Vick did'nt do shit except be an average NFL QB and an exceptional Thug.
Comparing Favre to Vick is just plain idiotic.
Favres QB rating in 17 seasons was 85% with 8 of those years above 90%. Vicks average in seven years was 75% with his best year at 80%.
The biggest difference between Favre and Vick is that Favre won the AP MVP three years in arow, played in four NFC Championship games, and two Super Bowls.
God, why I am even arguing with you? This is too easy. Any more stupid comparisons.

Metroflexplano
02-28-2009, 07:37 PM
Just my opinion but I don't look to the NFL for my moral compass.. I watch the NFL for great football, and Mike Vick is amazing football player, so I can't wait to watch him

Tu Holmes
02-28-2009, 07:41 PM
Changed it to WHAT? FAVRE threw way more TD's than ints. Favre was a top 3 qb in the day. Vick was MAYBE top 10. Could'nt read a defense, made poor decisions and had to run. TD to INT ratio was'nt good, and as mentioned the fumbles.

Career Stats, Not that impressive.

Games: 74 RATE: 75.7 COMP%: 53.8 YDS: 11,505 YDS/G: 155.5 TD: 71 INT: 52 RUSH: 529 YDS: 3859 YDS/G: 52.1 TD: 21 SACK: 187 YDS/LOST: 1153 FUM: 55 FUM/LOST: 27

Where is the "Top 5"? The 53.8 completion % or the 75.7 rating? I can't see it.

Again... You ignore his rushing yards and his 8.3 yards per carry... On top of the throwing numbers.

You ignore his running numbers so easily... Why is that?

Tu Holmes
02-28-2009, 07:44 PM
Actually Randall Cunningham was around way before Mike Vick. Vick did'nt do shit except be an average NFL QB and an exceptional Thug.
Comparing Favre to Vick is just plain idiotic.
Favres QB rating in 17 seasons was 85% with 8 of those years above 90%. Vicks average in seven years was 75% with his best year at 80%.
The biggest difference between Favre and Vick is that Favre won the AP MVP three years in arow, played in four NFC Championship games, and two Super Bowls.
God, why I am even arguing with you? This is too easy. Any more stupid comparisons.

You're not making any comparison... Your guys DO NOT and CAN NOT run.

How about the fact Vick beat Farve in Green Bay IN the playoffs?

Or how about Vick being one of only a handful of rookies to ever reach the pro bowl his rookie season as a QB?

You guys just ignore his rushing numbers so easily... That makes your vision myopic and small.

Continue to not see the real deal when you want to... But IF Vick is allowed back into the NFL he will win just as many super bowls as Favre and Manning have.

You guys are ridiculous.

Tu Holmes
02-28-2009, 07:47 PM
You really think Vick is a better QB then Tony Romo? Now I know you are dumb.

Dude... WTF?!

Romo has done SHIT!

The guy has never even won a playoff game with arguably the best roster in football outside of NE.

You are smoking CRACK.

Vick won playoff games and got to the NFC championship with a shit roster and a running back... basically by himself.

You REALLY think Romo is better than Vick?! Any argument you've ever made about football is now officially tainted... You're insane dude.

BK
02-28-2009, 08:12 PM
You're not making any comparison... Your guys DO NOT and CAN NOT run.

How about the fact Vick beat Farve in Green Bay IN the playoffs?

Or how about Vick being one of only a handful of rookies to ever reach the pro bowl his rookie season as a QB?

You guys just ignore his rushing numbers so easily... That makes your vision myopic and small.

Continue to not see the real deal when you want to... But IF Vick is allowed back into the NFL he will win just as many super bowls as Favre and Manning have.

You guys are ridiculous.

What color is the sky on the planet you live on?
Stats are stats. If you rush from 10 yard line to 10 yard line and cannot punch it in the endzone, then what good does that do?
Oh wow, Vick beat Favre one time in the playoffs. So? Favre played in and won one Super Bowl. Who gives a shit if he did not have alot rushing yards.
Now if you want to comparing running QB's then let us compare Steve Young with Mke Vick. Once again Steve Young accomplished way more then Vick ever thought about doing. Young averaged only five fumbles per year, had a 97% QB rating, averaged about 3600 passing yds per year and abotu 350 rushing yards per year. Oh yea, he holds the record for most rushing TD's for a QB, three time Super Bowl winner, and a Hall of Famer.
Care to continue?

Tu Holmes
02-28-2009, 08:15 PM
What color is the sky on the planet you live on?
Stats are stats. If you rush from 10 yard line to 10 yard line and cannot punch it in the endzone, then what good does that do?
Oh wow, Vick beat Favre one time in the playoffs. So? Favre played in and won one Super Bowl. Who gives a shit if he did not have alot rushing yards.
Now if you want to comparing running QB's then let us compare Steve Young with Mke Vick. Once again Steve Young accomplished way more then Vick ever thought about doing. Young averaged only five fumbles per year, had a 97% QB rating, averaged about 3600 passing yds per year and abotu 350 rushing yards per year. Oh yea, he holds the record for most rushing TD's for a QB, three time Super Bowl winner, and a Hall of Famer.
Care to continue?

On a hall of fame team dude... Who else played in Atlanta when Vick was there?

Like I said, you put Vick on any decent team and he wins a superbowl and breaks more than just QB rushing records.

We could do this all day... You're comparing completely different teams and playing styles.

Steve young had a lot more in his arsenal than just himself.

BK
02-28-2009, 08:21 PM
Dude... WTF?!

Romo has done SHIT!

The guy has never even won a playoff game with arguably the best roster in football outside of NE.

You are smoking CRACK.

Vick won playoff games and got to the NFC championship with a shit roster and a running back... basically by himself.

You REALLY think Romo is better than Vick?! Any argument you've ever made about football is now officially tainted... You're insane dude.

The best roster in football eh? Well it is a team sport so there is obviously a flaw within there system and not just the QB postion. Michael Vick, nor any QB for that matter has NEVER won a game by themselves, unless you are talking about playing Madden on PSII. Football is a team sport and requires everybody to be on the same page. Receivers have to catch the balls and block downfield and run there routes. The offensive line has to perform there duties of pass pro. and run blcking. The QB has to be the leader and he has to be able read defenses and make audilbes when neccsessary and be smart enough to execute the game plan. I highly doubt that Vick is intelligent enough to handle a complicated game plan or much less read a defense as experienced by his actions on the field. If the offensive coordinator has to shorten the game plan because his QB can't comprehend it, that alone is detrimental to what the team can do on the field.

BK
02-28-2009, 08:23 PM
Michael Vick will be a Super Bowl winning QB the day I win the Mr. Olympia.

mindfcuk
02-28-2009, 11:01 PM
All I can say is he is alright qb. He needs to re-evaluate the company he keeps, And for the most part everybody deserves a second chance. Oh and for the peopel who think the man had it in for him whatever Black people have to take responsibility for there actions and stop with that bs. Slavery is in the mind and physically we have been freed, but we still fall into mentally hell our prize possesions are iced out "CHAINS" and $200k+ whips. Wake up.

BigAl33
02-28-2009, 11:43 PM
Again... You ignore his rushing yards and his 8.3 yards per carry... On top of the throwing numbers.

You ignore his running numbers so easily... Why is that?

If you look at the stats I posted the Rushing yards are there. I realize you have this Vick fantasy world or something, but he is not, nor ever will be a Top 5 QB in the NFL. Physical talent will indeed get you far, about as far as Vick, the rest is in the brain and it ain't there. Tell me how many dumb qb's who could'nt read a defense or make quick decisions have won the super bowl.... I know the answer its 0.:eek:

Tu Holmes
02-28-2009, 11:47 PM
Michael Vick will be a Super Bowl winning QB the day I win the Mr. Olympia.

So within 5 years then, if he's alllowed back in football?

DECABEATZ
03-01-2009, 12:18 AM
Oakland or minnesota thats my prediciton!!!!!!!! Lets see whos right stay tuned.................................

Tu Holmes
03-01-2009, 12:20 AM
Oakland or minnesota thats my prediciton!!!!!!!! Lets see whos right stay tuned.................................

If he goes to Minnesota... Those guys are playoff and perhaps superbowl bound.

That's my prediction.

BigAl33
03-01-2009, 09:32 AM
So within 5 years then, if he's alllowed back in football?

I hope you are saying BK will win the O, which he has a better chance of doing than Vick winning a Super Bowl.

BK
03-01-2009, 08:07 PM
Oakland doesn't need him but Minnesota needs a decent QB.

DaPulse
03-04-2009, 10:24 AM
ok let's take a look at the 2006/2007 season stats. (Vick's most combined yards)

Drew Brees
356/554 64.3% 4,418yards 276.1yds per game 26TD 11INT 96.2QBRating
Peyton Manning
362/557 65.0% 4,397yards 274.8yds per game 31TD 9INT 101.0QBRating
Marc Bulger
370/588 62.9% 4,301yards 268.8yds per game 24TD 8INT 92.9QBRating
Carson Palmer
324/520 62.3% 4,035yards 252.2yds per game 28TD 13INT 93.9QBRating
Tom Brady
319/516 61.8% 3,529yards 220.6yds per game 24TD 12INT 87.9QBRating
Phillip Rivers
284/460 61.7% 3,388yards 211.8yds per game 22TD 9INT 92.0QBRating
Michael Vick (I will add his rushing yard, TD, & Fum)
204/388 52.6% 2,474(1,039)3,513total yards 219.56(total yds per game) 22(total TD) 16(total turnovers) 75.7QBRating

Combining Vick's Passing and Rushing Stats would put him tied at 8th place with Ben Roethlisberger, by the way add Big Ben's rushing yards and that knocks Vick down even further. Vick's total TD's against just Passing TD's by all other QB's puts him 8th.

Vick has the lowest completion % of any non first year starter and back up in the league for 2006/2007.

Vick has one of the lowest QB ratings of all starting QBs.

Vick also gives up more yards from sacks then any other starting QB in the NFL.

So who can make an just argument that Michael Vick is a top 5 NFL QB?

BigAl33
03-04-2009, 02:04 PM
On a hall of fame team dude... Who else played in Atlanta when Vick was there?

Like I said, you put Vick on any decent team and he wins a superbowl and breaks more than just QB rushing records.

We could do this all day... You're comparing completely different teams and playing styles.

Steve young had a lot more in his arsenal than just himself.

ROOKIE QB Matt Ryan did a good job with that same team. HMMMMM Atlanta made the playoffs this year.. HMMMMMM. Wonder what the problem was then?!?!?!?!?

matt1005
03-04-2009, 07:57 PM
So if and probably when Vick comes back and someone gets him, do you guys think he will play QB or some other position. I say try him out somewhere else.

-Z-
03-04-2009, 08:50 PM
He will comeback and be the starting QB for about 1/2 the season, get benched and probably never play again. Just my prediction.

matt1005
03-05-2009, 06:15 PM
He will comeback and be the starting QB for about 1/2 the season, get benched and probably never play again. Just my prediction.
Sounds about right to me too.

DaPulse
03-06-2009, 11:07 AM

You are a wise man. :cool:

-Z-
03-06-2009, 11:13 AM
Vick is a very athletic person, that doesn't justify him being a good QB.

Goodfellas
03-14-2009, 09:58 AM
He is still better than guys like Gus Frerotte, Sage Rosenfals, Matt Schaub, Tav. Jackson etc etc. He will be playing somewhere.