PDA

View Full Version : The Gymrat 2 Days out from Mayhem

gymrat9929
05-28-2009, 09:41 PM
2 Days out from Mayhem my iron brotha's. 3 weeks away from Jr's. I carb loaded with 1000 grams of mixed simple and complex carbs all very low fat my ending macros for the day are as follows.

Protein: 194 grams
Carbs: 1002 grams
Fat: 34 grams

I tried to limit my water to 2.7 liters but ended up drinking all 3 which is still just enough to seat the carbs I ate. I felt somewhat bloated through the day but Im hoping I dry out by tomorrow morning.

Tomrrow will be a very moderat carb day as I will plan on eating 500 grams from sweet potatos only with 175 grams of protein from grilled chicken or tilapia. If I feel like im full then I will drop the sweet potatos and start eating asparagus as my other food option along with my chicken. Water will be limited to 1.5 liters and shut off by 8 pm tomorrow night. I plan on using lasix if im not dried out by 3 am.

Here are a few pics. I think I will look better with a pump, this was obvioulsy a "flex and shoot' senario.

Shadow
05-28-2009, 09:51 PM
Lookin' good. What show is this you're doing?

gymrat9929
05-28-2009, 09:58 PM
Im doing Chad Nichols Muscle Mayhem Championships on May 30th held in Kansas City Mo ... then Im turning around and doing Jr' Nationals on Jun 20th in Chicago IL.

Shadow
05-28-2009, 09:59 PM
Ah ok. Good luck!

Lenny
05-28-2009, 10:31 PM
2 Days out from Mayhem my iron brotha's. 3 weeks away from Jr's. I carb loaded with 1000 grams of mixed simple and complex carbs all very low fat my ending macros for the day are as follows.

Protein: 194 grams
Carbs: 1002 grams
Fat: 34 grams

I tried to limit my water to 2.7 liters but ended up drinking all 3 which is still just enough to seat the carbs I ate. I felt somewhat bloated through the day but Im hoping I dry out by tomorrow morning.

Tomrrow will be a very moderat carb day as I will plan on eating 500 grams from sweet potatos only with 175 grams of protein from grilled chicken or tilapia. If I feel like im full then I will drop the sweet potatos and start eating asparagus as my other food option along with my chicken. Water will be limited to 1.5 liters and shut off by 8 pm tomorrow night. I plan on using lasix if im not dried out by 3 am.

Here are a few pics. I think I will look better with a pump, this was obvioulsy a "flex and shoot' senario.

Ahhh Shit, watch out heavy's, he comes BigJ...I am stoked about these pics. A true iron warrior right there!

Lenny
05-28-2009, 10:46 PM
BigJ...just a couple shots before the big day...I am excited to get out there as a middle! I hope all the hard work pays off, this is what bodybuilding is all about having a good time come game time, not worrying about it, just hoping the time pays off!

Scoobysnacks
05-28-2009, 11:41 PM
You both look excellent, great conditioning. Good luck fellas bring home some hardware.

Ss

billytrainer
05-29-2009, 04:43 PM
nice work guys.... good luck tomorrow!!!!!!! I'll be with you on stage... in a different state tho :) kick some ass fellas!

chris d
05-29-2009, 05:23 PM
Looking good Big J and Lenny I will see you guys down there, I will stop and say Hi. I will introduce you guys to my friend Brett Becker he is a freak. He will be competing against big J. Good Luck.

brandonp005
05-29-2009, 10:19 PM
Both of you are looking great! Props to both of you. I'm just starting to get into bodybuilding myself. This is great inspiration!

MsGuns
05-29-2009, 11:29 PM
Lookin good guys...
Nice back Lenny...
BigJ I luv your legs...

Lenny
05-29-2009, 11:34 PM
You both look excellent, great conditioning. Good luck fellas bring home some hardware.

Ss

Thanks Scooby, me and BigJ are gonna give it are best shot and enjoy the ride!

nice work guys.... good luck tomorrow!!!!!!! I'll be with you on stage... in a different state tho :) kick some ass fellas!

Good luck too you as well bro!

Looking good Big J and Lenny I will see you guys down there, I will stop and say Hi. I will introduce you guys to my friend Brett Becker he is a freak. He will be competing against big J. Good Luck.

Thanks Chris, please do introduce yourself and say whats up...me and BigJ will be giving it are all tomorrow and should be a good competition! Thanks bro!

Both of you are looking great! Props to both of you. I'm just starting to get into bodybuilding myself. This is great inspiration!

Bodybuilders are great motivation...we just do what we love. thanks bro!

Lookin good guys...
Nice back Lenny...
BigJ I luv your legs...

Thanks MsGUNS...we are gonna give it all and hope for the best. BigJ has been such a great corner man and friend, so we should have fun!

MsGuns
05-29-2009, 11:36 PM
Your welcome Lenny...
Thats good you and BigJ can compete against each other and still have fun.
How was weigh ins? a lot of competitors?

Angela123
05-30-2009, 01:39 AM
Looking good guys! Great job both of you!! Excellent conditioning! Good luck and have fun on stage! Gymrat, I'll be seeing you on stage at Jr nats!

hilly
05-30-2009, 05:25 AM
lookin very good boys all the hard work is definatly shining thru

Lenny
05-30-2009, 07:00 AM
Your welcome Lenny...
Thats good you and BigJ can compete against each other and still have fun.
How was weigh ins? a lot of competitors?

Yes...me and BigJ have good friends since college hitting the iron then as well. He is good dude to have in your corner. We will have fun. I did early weigh-ins (BigJ is doing them this morning)...Weigh ins were good, looks to be a very competitive show!

Looking good guys! Great job both of you!! Excellent conditioning! Good luck and have fun on stage! Gymrat, I'll be seeing you on stage at Jr nats!

Thanks Ondrea...We will do our best!

lookin very good boys all the hard work is definatly shining thru

That is the plan, thanks a ton!

gymrat9929
05-30-2009, 07:28 AM
Thanks everybody!

Ill post up results and pics from prejudging when i get home before the night show to let everybody know how we did.

I have a tad bit more water to pull then im golden! This will be my best showing yet! :cool:

MsGuns
05-30-2009, 11:18 AM
Thanks everybody!

Ill post up results and pics from prejudging when i get home before the night show to let everybody know how we did.

I have a tad bit more water to pull then im golden! This will be my best showing yet! :cool:

like I tell the ladies...
ROCK the STAGE!

johngorman
05-30-2009, 06:13 PM
just so everyone knows, James, Lenny and Adam all looked incredible. James, you are a FREAK brother, just brick shithouse freak style. cant wait to see how you do tonight when it's all said and done. Lenny and Adam where both in the same weight class, I was done with my class so I watched from the crowd. alot of people mentioned Lenny's quads, very nice detail. the middleweights and light heavy's were a slugfest (glad I eaked into the lightweights! lol!)

good job guys, it was good hanging with ya all eating rice cakes waiting outside! someone said we should have filmed a rice cakes video and sent it in to Quaker Oats so they could film all of us and say "see, eat rice cakes and get huge!"

Scoobysnacks
05-30-2009, 06:15 PM
just so everyone knows, James, Lenny and Adam all looked incredible. James, you are a FREAK brother, just brick shithouse freak style. cant wait to see how you do tonight when it's all said and done. Lenny and Adam where both in the same weight class, I was done with my class so I watched from the crowd. alot of people mentioned Lenny's quads, very nice detail. the middleweights and light heavy's were a slugfest (glad I eaked into the lightweights! lol!)

good job guys, it was good hanging with ya all eating rice cakes waiting outside! someone said we should have filmed a rice cakes video and sent it in to Quaker Oats so they could film all of us and say "see, eat rice cakes and get huge!"

I thought Adam was a lightheavy and lenny was a middle?

gymrat9929
05-31-2009, 09:44 AM
;)
I thought Adam was a lightheavy and lenny was a middle?

After Adam pulled his water he wound up making the middle weights ... barely ... he weighed exactly 176! So it worked out great. Adam and Tom battled it out and I watched from back stage. I have to tell you it was the ultimate highlight of my evening to see my protege (Adam) get called out next to my best friend (Tom) and see them go head to head for the middleweight class. It was def a battle too but Tom just had too much muscle maturity and stage control for Adam to handle, although i gotta say Adam did a great job holding his own against my seasoned friend.

I was so pround that i nearly burst into tears back stage! Definatly the highlight of the enving for me.

It was great to see john too! I met him bright and early saturday morning as i was reliving myself of some much needed water weight!;)

Great showing bro!

Scoobysnacks
05-31-2009, 10:00 AM
;)

After Adam pulled his water he wound up making the middle weights ... barely ... he weighed exactly 176! So it worked out great. Adam and Tom battled it out and I watched from back stage. I have to tell you it was the ultimate highlight of my evening to see my protege (Adam) get called out next to my best friend (Tom) and see them go head to head for the middleweight class. It was def a battle too but Tom just had too much muscle maturity and stage control for Adam to handle, although i gotta say Adam did a great job holding his own against my seasoned friend.

I was so pround that i nearly burst into tears back stage! Definatly the highlight of the enving for me.

It was great to see john too! I met him bright and early saturday morning as i was reliving myself of some much needed water weight!;)

Great showing bro!

AWESOME, when you posted that pic I thought he still looked like a middle so Im glad he made it in. Yeah Tom has a lot of conditioned muscle so Im sure it was a tough battle for Adam but glad he held his own.

Post some pics when you get a minute.

Ss

johngorman
05-31-2009, 10:57 AM
;)

Great showing bro!
this show was great bro. adams routine was awesome, it's cool they let him wear the sunglasses out there. pretty well rounded routine, crowd really liked it.

yep, tom (lenny) and adam was a great comparison. i learned a lot watching tom from the crowd, he really battled with those guys. you could see him get pumped up with each shot. good stuff.

you guys made my first show enjoyable having some familar faces around and helping out. thanks again guys.

james, ready to see you do some damage at nationals.:popcorn: i didnt stick around for the rest of the show, i was thirsty and had a bunch of family and friends all around to go eat and stuff. how did you end up? hell, who won the show?

oh yeah, by the way, dennis wolf was a friggin FREAK! good god thats a lot of muscle. he seriously was so thick, he looked like someone unloaded a 1000 lb Bull on stage.

Mr. Shoulders
05-31-2009, 07:51 PM
Best of luck to you guys gymrat and Lenny....You both look very good...Give em hell

MsGuns
05-31-2009, 09:57 PM
this show was great bro. adams routine was awesome, it's cool they let him wear the sunglasses out there. pretty well rounded routine, crowd really liked it.

yep, tom (lenny) and adam was a great comparison. i learned a lot watching tom from the crowd, he really battled with those guys. you could see him get pumped up with each shot. good stuff.

you guys made my first show enjoyable having some familar faces around and helping out. thanks again guys.

james, ready to see you do some damage at nationals.:popcorn: i didnt stick around for the rest of the show, i was thirsty and had a bunch of family and friends all around to go eat and stuff. how did you end up? hell, who won the show?

oh yeah, by the way, dennis wolf was a friggin FREAK! good god thats a lot of muscle. he seriously was so thick, he looked like someone unloaded a 1000 lb Bull on stage.

Thx for tellin me Tom is Lenny...lol
I was so dayum confused!

BigJD69
05-31-2009, 10:02 PM
Good Luck to you both!

Lenny
05-31-2009, 10:16 PM

First of all, it was great meeting you John, you are good dude and bodybuilder...keep doing it my friend, it only gets better from here!

We all were doing all best yesterday and trying to enjoy the ride as well...we all can learn something from each other...it is a fun time! Now, back to the grind of things!

MsGuns
05-31-2009, 10:19 PM
So how did yall do?

Lenny
05-31-2009, 10:22 PM
One more thing....BigJ looked awesome last night. He held his own and it shows! He has added 20 pounds from last year...going from light heavy to heavy weight...I am pumped and proud of him! So congrats BigJ, now enjoy today and get back at it tomorrow for Juniors...I am in your corner, call me, text me anytime bro! We will train these next couple weeks for sure together, so do not worry! Oh and Adam looked great and did battle with me...he has a ton of potential and has what it takes too, shit it was his first show and he did great!

I feel pretty darn good about my 1st place in the middles in the novice and 2nd in the Open Middle after taking 2 years off from competing due to getting married and other shit. It was fun, but now I know what I have to do to get better and improve. This game is about progression and new muscle! So, time to go get it! And I am so damn full from the eating right now:D:popcorn:

Strong mind....BigJ can finish it for me.....

Lenny
05-31-2009, 10:26 PM
So how did yall do?

My Placings...there was some excellent competition at this show...Muscle Mayhem (Chad Nichols throws a good show).

Novice Middle Weight = 1st place (9-10 competitors)
Open Middle Weight = 2nd place (11-12 competitors)

By the way...Duncan Lukas is a freak and is only a teenager...tons of potential in him! Congrats Duncan, you looked great as well!

MsGuns
05-31-2009, 10:32 PM
My Placings...there was some excellent competition at this show...Muscle Mayhem (Chad Nichols throws a good show).

Novice Middle Weight = 1st place (9-10 competitors)
Open Middle Weight = 2nd place (11-12 competitors)

By the way...Duncan Lukas is a freak and is only a teenager...tons of potential in him! Congrats Duncan, you looked great as well!

Great job!
Ive always heard it's a great show!
R u done for the yr?

Bob Smith Jr.
05-31-2009, 10:51 PM
ima post pics up as soon as i get em!

Lenny
06-01-2009, 09:24 AM
ima post pics up as soon as i get em!

Congrats, you freak of a teenager...great physique bro. I meant Lukas Duncan in my post before, not Duncan Lukas, still a bit exhausted as you can see. Keep doing your things bro and well the sky is the limit!

chris d
06-02-2009, 09:12 AM
Lenny, just wanted to tell you great job, looks like you had a good time up on stage also was some tough guys in both your classes. Sorry about not saying hello but there were always alot of people by you when I saw you but I did get to say hey to big james my boy Brett said james was a really nice guy back stage and wishes him best of luck at the juniors Brett is getting set to do battle with big kevin jordan at the juniors he is making some changes over the next 3 weeks he will be on point. Brett had a photo shoot on sunday at Golds with Kevin and said Kevin looks damn good but I told Brett not to sweat it he has the tools to take him down no disrespect to Kevin, but I am behind my freind Brett 100% and I know he can do it. Also just wanted to say great job to big James hope you do well at the juniors what did you guys think of Dennis Wolf? he was a beast I talked with him for a while on saturday night got some good info from him also was a super great guy. Great job by everyone who competed. Lenny, your right Duncan is a beast for being a teenager way to go Duncan.:beerbang:

gymrat9929
06-02-2009, 10:17 AM
Lenny, just wanted to tell you great job, looks like you had a good time up on stage also was some tough guys in both your classes. Sorry about not saying hello but there were always alot of people by you when I saw you but I did get to say hey to big james my boy Brett said james was a really nice guy back stage and wishes him best of luck at the juniors Brett is getting set to do battle with big kevin jordan at the juniors he is making some changes over the next 3 weeks he will be on point. Brett had a photo shoot on sunday at Golds with Kevin and said Kevin looks damn good but I told Brett not to sweat it he has the tools to take him down no disrespect to Kevin, but I am behind my freind Brett 100% and I know he can do it. Also just wanted to say great job to big James hope you do well at the juniors what did you guys think of Dennis Wolf? he was a beast I talked with him for a while on saturday night got some good info from him also was a super great guy. Great job by everyone who competed. Lenny, your right Duncan is a beast for being a teenager way to go Duncan.:beerbang:

Thanks a lot man. Means a lot. I had a good time with Brett and yoru right he is a freak. I had every intention of winning that show but you cant control who shows up (Brett the freak). He is obvioulsy very seasoned and just out massed me. I hope to do well at Jr's and it will be nice to know Jason, Brett and Kevin back stage to keep me sane. Thanks again for the kind words my man.

Bob Smith Jr.
06-02-2009, 10:29 AM
dude, gymrat, you looked awesome. the gains you made from last year were really noticeable. You got A LOT bigger, good luck at the jrs!

Lenny
06-02-2009, 10:52 AM
Thanks Chris...sorry about not being able to say whats up...I am from such a huge family and they were all there. Next time just push your way thru them to say hello;) It was a great show and thanks for coming...James and Brett did some battle, Brett is a true freak and a cool dude! It will be a good time at jr nationals for my boy BigJames, Brett, and Kevin. BigJ will only get bigger and better from this point on and Brett is a freak and looked great, now he just needs to keep it going. Kevin is another freak, cool as dude, and looked pretty damn awesome at the show, thick, dense, and lean...it will be a battle, but that is what that level is suppose to be like. Good luck to all of them!

Now, BigJ, you better be on your diet today, I will call you later to see what is up! Again, you have the tools my friend, now get it done!

maxxmuscle
06-02-2009, 11:37 AM
You both look very impressive ! Good Job !