PDA

View Full Version : Women and HRT

SallyAnne
05-29-2009, 06:50 PM
A guy friend of mine has a new girlfriend and the doctor prescribed T3/T4, test, and DHEA. She got 4 predrawn vials of test. I asked her what kind it what and what dosage. She had no clue. lol She is overweight and her hair is thinning - her doctor told her that the hormones would help her keep her hair and in combo with the T3/T4 would help her lose weight.

I was under the impression that test would do the opposite to your hair..?

Does anyone know what kind of test DRs prescribe for women and what a normal HRT dose would be?

NPCfigure
05-29-2009, 08:22 PM
Hey Sallyanne,

I am on HRT. At this time, I am only taking estrogen (and bio identical at that) I was told by my doctor that Test was used with women if they have a decline in their sex drive.

It is actually the lack of estrogen/progesterone that will cause your hair to fall out. After numerous attempts with my OBG Oncologist and 2 different endocronologists, I tried my OBGYN,and he put me on Estertest (premarin and low test test) and it was awful!!!!! My hair started coming out as if I was going through chemo again. I FREAKED!! I went in search of new Dr for my HRT and found a Reproductive endocronologist.

It took about 1 month after stopping the Estertest(needed time for the test to leave my body) for my hair to stop falling out and regrowth to start.

Ref to weight gain....I was told by 3 different docs I would not be able to compete again, my body shape would change..its menopause, the sooner I accept it the better off I will be. Well F them!! I searched till I found the right doc. The typical HRT did not work for me. I got the bio's and the weight just dropped off.......I am now 7 weeks out, and look better then before my hysterectomy!!

Tatyana
05-29-2009, 08:48 PM
A guy friend of mine has a new girlfriend and the doctor prescribed T3/T4, test, and DHEA. She got 4 predrawn vials of test. I asked her what kind it what and what dosage. She had no clue. lol She is overweight and her hair is thinning - her doctor told her that the hormones would help her keep her hair and in combo with the T3/T4 would help her lose weight.

I was under the impression that test would do the opposite to your hair..?

Does anyone know what kind of test DRs prescribe for women and what a normal HRT dose would be?

Sounds odd. What is the dose of T3/T4 or is it that dessicated pig thyroid one, erm, armour?

HRT for women is typically oestrogen, a touch of progesterone to avoid breast and endometrial cancer, and maybe a small touch of testosterone, but test for women is still a pretty new thing.

sassy69
05-29-2009, 09:06 PM
Hey Sallyanne,

I am on HRT. At this time, I am only taking estrogen (and bio identical at that) I was told by my doctor that Test was used with women if they have a decline in their sex drive.

It is actually the lack of estrogen/progesterone that will cause your hair to fall out. After numerous attempts with my OBG Oncologist and 2 different endocronologists, I tried my OBGYN,and he put me on Estertest (premarin and low test test) and it was awful!!!!! My hair started coming out as if I was going through chemo again. I FREAKED!! I went in search of new Dr for my HRT and found a Reproductive endocronologist.

It took about 1 month after stopping the Estertest(needed time for the test to leave my body) for my hair to stop falling out and regrowth to start.

Ref to weight gain....I was told by 3 different docs I would not be able to compete again, my body shape would change..its menopause, the sooner I accept it the better off I will be. Well F them!! I searched till I found the right doc. The typical HRT did not work for me. I got the bio's and the weight just dropped off.......I am now 7 weeks out, and look better then before my hysterectomy!!

I love when people continue to prove doctors wrong.... :bowdown:

The human body & human spirit are so amazing!

GirlyMuscle
05-30-2009, 12:57 AM
A couple of years back I asked my gyno (first male one I ever had) about my declining sex drive. He said I could try a testosterone cream. I never followed through on it though. I don't think they typically prescribe injecting test.

NPCfigure
05-30-2009, 09:09 AM
I love when people continue to prove doctors wrong.... :bowdown:

The human body & human spirit are so amazing!

Thank you!:)

NPCfigure
05-30-2009, 09:11 AM
A couple of years back I asked my gyno (first male one I ever had) about my declining sex drive. He said I could try a testosterone cream. I never followed through on it though. I don't think they typically prescribe injecting test.

There is usually a cream that they give. Rub onto your leg or arm.....when you read about it. Alot of women complain of hair growth in that area from the cream.

I believe for sex drive its the cream that is used the most, or if taking estrogen, they will give estertes.

NPCfigure
05-30-2009, 09:13 AM
Just thought of something. SallyAnne, try going to Hystersisters.com

It is a forum/website I used to educate/arm myself with info before going to my doctors. Look under the hormone jungle section of forum. You shoudl find some good info about HRT and HRT protocols. You may find your answer!

Lee Penman
05-30-2009, 09:32 AM
For women doctors usually prescribe testosterone cream or the relatively new testosterone patch.
The T3/T4 test mix looks like a recipe for disaster to me considering what she is taking it for!

SallyAnne
05-30-2009, 01:18 PM
For women doctors usually prescribe testosterone cream or the relatively new testosterone patch.
The T3/T4 test mix looks like a recipe for disaster to me considering what she is taking it for!

Yeah - I think the whole thing is a bit screwy, too - which is why I posted about it. I'll asked her to check with her doctor to find out what she's injecting herself with and how much. Personally, I wouldn't take anything if I didn't know what it was, what it did, and the dosage.

She did tell me that he prescribed it for hair loss and for low sex drive. The T3/T4 to help her lose weight - maybe she was diagnosed with thyroid problems....? She didn't say she was, and she only had one doctor's visit.

Tatyana
06-01-2009, 12:21 PM
It would be useful if she could get some of her blood results.

SallyAnne
06-02-2009, 02:14 PM
OK - it's Test E dosed at 10mg/ML. One shot a week.