PDA

View Full Version : wanna try 2x a week light/heavy days

bignready
05-31-2009, 10:19 AM
been thinking of switching my training split again.been doing a 5 day and 2 day off split.hitting each part 1x a week.i would like too try hitting each bodypart 2x a week with 1 light and 1 heavy day.any ideas on how i can split this up? would like to keep a 5 day or even a 4 day week schedule.

Frosty
05-31-2009, 10:23 AM
Twice a day for the same body part is best, IMO. Heavy in the morning, higher reps later 4-6 hours after.

bignready
05-31-2009, 10:39 AM
never thought about that one.will consider it,thanks bro

BIGLOUIE
05-31-2009, 11:15 AM
hey bignready
if i was you i would try an upper/lower x2 split.
monday is chest shoulder back
tuesday is leg and arm
wednesday rest
thursday repeat monday
friday repeat tuesday
rest weekend
there is a recent study ( a very large one) that claims the best strength gains are made by training body parts twice per week with around 8 sets per body part at around 80-85% 1RM.
i have recently been following these guidelines and its been working great for me. iv seen some good gains and i enjoy it. i sometimes feel bodybuilders get stuck into training a body part once per week for no real reason.
good luck i recomend this program!

bignready
05-31-2009, 11:17 AM
not sure if if i can do chest with back.they both take alot out of me

jeff_hardy
05-31-2009, 02:58 PM
honestly bro, can your body recover from doing 2 a days? thats the question you have to ask yourself.

Mr. Hyde
06-01-2009, 01:30 AM
Upper (power)
Lower (power)
Off
Push (hypertrophy)
Pull (hypertrophy)
Legs (hypertrophy)
Off

Power days a low reps (5-6) on big compound lifts. Do you deadlift on your lower power day (like a powerlifter) and alternate to squats the next lower power day and so on and so forth.

Hypertrophy days are NOT to failure 12-15 reps training for the pump.

This is a good routine to shock the body and build up some strength.

futurepro
06-01-2009, 05:15 PM
been thinking of switching my training split again.been doing a 5 day and 2 day off split.hitting each part 1x a week.i would like too try hitting each bodypart 2x a week with 1 light and 1 heavy day.any ideas on how i can split this up? Would like to keep a 5 day or even a 4 day week schedule.check-out-slingshot training-brother.

mattyb
06-01-2009, 08:03 PM
check-out-slingshot training-brother.

I agree. I am using the twice a week program right now and like it!

ChunkyThunder
06-01-2009, 09:43 PM
I'm still reading through and trying to get the hang of the 2x per week training. I want to have a firm grasp on the entire program before I start it

Ronnie Rowland
06-01-2009, 10:30 PM
I'm still reading through and trying to get the hang of the 2x per week training. I want to have a firm grasp on the entire program before I start itIf you have any questions regarding Slingshot Training (DIET,ETC INCLUDED) just post them in the Slingshot Training thread and I will get to them ASP.;)

bignready
06-02-2009, 09:56 AM
i will check into that slingshot training.for now i think i came up with a good split.check this out.i hit 2 bodyparts twice a week and alternate which ones i hit twice.example

monday chest/bi
wed back/tri
friday delts/leg
sun chest/bi

tues back/tri
thurs delts/leg
sat chest/bi

mon back/tri
wed delts/legs
fri chest/bi
sun back/tri
and so on and so on:)

small2big
07-12-2009, 10:50 PM
hey bignready
if i was you i would try an upper/lower x2 split.
monday is chest shoulder back
tuesday is leg and arm
wednesday rest
thursday repeat monday
friday repeat tuesday
rest weekend
there is a recent study ( a very large one) that claims the best strength gains are made by training body parts twice per week with around 8 sets per body part at around 80-85% 1RM.
i have recently been following these guidelines and its been working great for me. iv seen some good gains and i enjoy it. i sometimes feel bodybuilders get stuck into training a body part once per week for no real reason.
good luck i recomend this program!

what would that routine look like? I mean, basically a upper/lower split correct? I dont see how you would do your entire upper body in 1 session!

crashcrew56
07-12-2009, 11:02 PM
I just started doing this, but for my it's a little different since it's powerlifting related

tues- speed bench work and accessory work for bench (shoulder chest and tricep exercises),
wed- speed squats and deadlifts and accessory work for squats and deads (legs and lower back),
friday- heavy bench and accessory bench work
saturday- heavy squats and accessory leg and lower back work

LAFitness
07-15-2009, 09:58 PM
been thinking of switching my training split again.been doing a 5 day and 2 day off split.hitting each part 1x a week.i would like too try hitting each bodypart 2x a week with 1 light and 1 heavy day.any ideas on how i can split this up? would like to keep a 5 day or even a 4 day week schedule.

I do a 5 day routine hitting each muscle group twice-

Day 1 - Shoulders, rear delts, abs
Day 2 - Back, biceps, triceps
Day 3 - Hams, abs, calves
Day 4 - Off from training, cardio only
Day 5 - Shoulders, lats, rear delts
Day 6 - Legs, abs, Hams
Day 7 - off

The biggest change has been in my shoulders -they really grew in size from hitting them twice a wk. I do alternate bet. heavy/low rep workouts & hi rep/moderate weight workouts.