Conversation Between KTTraining and ROTFLMAO

8 Visitor Messages

1. Please keep sharing I love reading it, if you have something more to say by all means please stick it here................................
  2. wolf.. I made a mistake w my pre contest diet from steve .. the chicken meal was half of a plain baked barbeque chiken at meal 3 and half at meal 4 ... I thought it was 8 ounces n 8 ounces ( 16) but it wasn't .. Im going to get the notes I saved . i took notes every day for a long while and any that pertain to steve n diet i'll let you know ..
  3. last part W G Steves off season approach was typical of the day ...lots f protein .. Interestingly enough... probably not a great thing for steve in hind sighte because of his by passes. he had me go across the street to the red lobster every day for lunch ( if he didnt go out) and get him either a pound of FRIED shrimp.. lol.. no joke or a whole barbeque chicken ( that aint bad) .. in the am i went to the diner across street n got him a toasted bran muffin , no butter every am.. this was part of 84 85 86 I wish I can tell you more .. perhaps his approach w me was different than his approach with the older competitors .. Im sure it was . he was a smart guy though...very well read .. Good talking w ya WOLFGANG ps.. muscle n fitness editor shawn perrine was there during this time w his mom who competed . since he was a bit older maybe he can tell you more . shawns a great guy so Im sure he would .. he's on iron age ..
  4. In 1985 Frank Richards came into the gym for night of champions n olympia (when I said the desk chats this is it .. ) he was shredded for the day...and even today ... he outlined for steve and discussed his ketogenic diet that day at the desk and the bodybuilders ( beckles, i think greg defaro and others staying at wayne demelias) all sat and discussed it for over an hour.. it was awesome.. i took notes I still have at my mothers house. You can write frank on facebook n ask him . I did a couple years ago, he was a good guy .. liked steve alot as did all those guys ..samir too . anyway , fransk diet (off top of head) was typical protein ( i think 50 grams) and he would use the keto sticks.. when he went just before ketosis he would eat 40 grams carbs .. ( i think that number is solid right on) of course no cheat meals at all and he was shredded .. lots of guys in the gym did it then .
  5. He added to it EXCEL high fiber mix before every meal . excel was a basic fiber ( not sure if psyllium) from the 80's maybe earlier . He did not want you drinking water w meals . That was a popular belief back then with effecting stomach ph and enzymes . he also added digestive enzymes to the program . There were no cheat meals or off days at all . i dont no of any bodybuilders who did cheat meals . haha.. Now I met him in 84 I'm sure he tried every program others did back then .
  6. I know what you mean with the trap.. have you tried tens unit ? Theyre great for guys that train to have for times like this .. Of course the repeated contractions help the muscle relax n hopefully taken stress off the nerve or impingment .. I use them n they are a keeper . My first contest diet with steve was very conservative.. aside from low calori n carb for some, fairly typical and reasonable . only 10 weeks looked like this .. #1 1/2 cp oats water 6 eggs whites ( only 6) #2 6.5 oz tuna water 1 medium baked potato , not sweet . # 3 8 ounces chicken breast and salad # 4 was the same as # 3 He was a believer in supplements and fond of Durk Pearsons Life Extension released late 70 early 80's he basically used their vitamin program, one by one in the back of the book .
  7. As of right now for about the past 12hrs or so my left trap feels like it's on the verge of pinching a nerve, but I don't want to boar you that crap..... I love reading stories about Steve or anything about him for that matter. He's person in his own class or even an icon now unfortunately, because he BROUGHT IT to the gym...... By any chance do you remeber in detail Steve's nutrition philosophy on building and cutting. I'm asking because I know he was so intense about trainning, so I'm guessing he would also be as intense towards food..
  8. How are ya, WOLFGANG ! Thank you for that , I appreciate it . I know some can get annoyed w longer post but I figured what the heck .. thanks again
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 8 of 8

X vBulletin 4.2.3 Debug Information

• Page Generation 0.05192 seconds
  • Memory Usage 6,128KB
  • Queries Executed 12 (?)
More Information
Template Usage (25):
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_global_above_footer
  • (1)ad_global_below_navbar
  • (1)ad_global_header1