Conversation Between Musclepapa John and Curt James

26 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thank you, but I sound like a cartoon character.

Have you ever wanted to take a crack at the LSAT exam? I have. It would have been free while I was in the military. Just never took the time. It must be $75 at least to take it now. I live in Carlisle, PA, the home of Dickinson School of Law. Penn State absorbed it or did something with it. lol Moved here initially with a girl who was attending that law school.
  2. Juris I wish
    Journalism yes. Your voice shines through your words quite well sir
  3. A j-school degree? Juris something or something else? Journalism? I have a certificate from the military, for print and broadcast journalism (though my voice is nowhere near a Walter Cronkite's or a James Earl Jones ). Pecker knows what he's doing for the advertising part or money making part, eh?
  4. Indeed, I listened to the show. The guys do a good job and Isaac was so interesting. What a sweetheart he is. Doesn't really need the sport as he leases space in a studio where he can spend time making big bags of money when not jet setting around the country on the AMI dime and doing their celebrity sporting news from "Ron Avidan's" Hardbody.com. At least that's the spin from the "pain-in-the-ass" to quote from the show, lol. Indeed, he has talent. Said he got his break doing a free website for a promoter after working for a big ad agency. Wow, I do free websites for lots of promoters & have a j-school degree (versus his advertising) but he has put me down from day one. He never says my work sucks, but rather I'm a douche, idiot, pain in the ass, etc. So professional. I just love ad agency guys doing David Pecker financed advertorials. Just saying, lol.
  5. I'm not the person to ask. I really enjoy the show.

Have you ever listened to the program?
  6. Haven't heard it. Something I should hear?
  7. [I]Very [/I]interesting, MPJ. I'm listening to the Isaac Hinds episode now.

[B][url]http://www.rxmuscle.com/radio/OT-07282010.mp3[/url][/B]
  8. Sorry, still half a sleep. I'll try this again.

Using Isaac Hinds involvement as an example of corporate marketing strategies consider this. He is a staffer for Weider, which is owned by AMI whose marketing is handled through their subsidiary The Young Mens Network which includes Flex, Muscle & Fitness, UFC Magazine and now Playboy. As an employee he shoots for the various titles (he doesn't pay his airfare, hotel or lodging out of pocket does he?), runs the IFBB website and now has exclusive photography sales rights to majority of National NPC shows. How could anyone ignore the nexus between AMI influence and the two leading federations using Isaac and his and Avidan's news leaking Hardbody.com (National Enquirer styled delivery)?
    How tight is the connection? If one wanted to do a story on marketing in the 21st Century could you find a better focus than this for the New York or LA Times?
    I doubt it.
  9. Actually, no. I looking at for instance Isaac Hinds involvement as a guidepost. He is a staffer for Weider, which is owned by AMI whose marketing is handled through their subsidiary The Young Mens Network which includes Flex, Muscle & Fitness, UFC Magazine and now Playboy. As an employee he shoots for the various titles, runs the IFBB website and now has exclusive photography sales rights to majority of National NPC shows. It really is difficult not to ignore such a nexus between AMI influence and the two leading federations. How tight is the connection? Don't expect a straight answer if Pres. David Pecker's example over the years is to be a guidepost. The Young Men's Network marketing ethos and 360 Marketing ain't our grand parents form of Sears catalog one dimensional print ads, but fully engaged use of PR. A brave new world of advertising. Don't get me wrong. I love this stuff. Great business model.
  10. I can't read between lines. It's a failing I have. You believe, say, the top five supplement advertisers/companies control who wins contests? The invisible hand calling the shots? Actually, not much would surprise me.

I would prefer bodybuilding as an exhibition than a "sport". Paid performers, something akin to a Broadway show. I'm really not married to the activity as a sporting event.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 26
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

X vBulletin 4.2.3 Debug Information

• Page Generation 0.08764 seconds
  • Memory Usage 6,153KB
  • Queries Executed 12 (?)
More Information
Template Usage (28):
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_global_above_footer
  • (1)ad_global_below_navbar