We often see guys asking about how to get their girls' libido up, or you hear about Androgel / Testim topical testosterone treatment for post menopausal women -- so these are the approaches when natural test levels are low for women, affecting their sex drive.

But what do you do for someone who is on anti-depressants like Prozac and have no sex drive? I don't know that the above treatment is appropriate, but I've come across a bunch of guys lately who have gf/wives on some anti-d and zero sex drive. Which, in turn, is making life miserable for the guys as well. The sense I get is that if they find an anti-D that works but completley destroys their sex drive, they would rather just forget about sex completely and be happy that they found a way to manage their depression. This still leaves the guy out in the cold (and no I don't think its selfish of the guy to want to love his woman even if she has no interest) and I find it just tragic that some women have just completely given up on sex as a healthy part of their lives.

So what do you do? I've heard that the doctors have been willing to explore other anti-d's so they can get a sex drive back and still deal w/ the depression, but some women just don't want to make the effort and have to go thru potentially months of trying different treatments / different doses to get what already works, though it costs them their libido.

Is there a standard protocol to address this? I guess I don't know much about the relationship between the anti-d's and sex drive - is it that it is shutting down that part of the brain - so its a brain chemistry thing vs literally a low test thing?

I feel so bad for these women that they've just settled on life w/o sex, and just as bad for the guys because its a no-win situation for them as they either go w/o, or go cheat.