Page 192 of 230 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 3446

Quote Originally Posted by Provo82 View Post
    hi kev how muhc longer do you plan on running the minicut? if i missed something crucial in thread i apologize
    Do you mean with two contests and a wife ready to pop you did not have time to rad every word of my "oh so exciting" journal? LOL. Honesty, I expect to hit about 204 to 205 by Saturday and I feel great. Still getting stronger, sick pumps, sleeping well (which is huge for me as you know).....I actually may push down to 200 or so before heading back up....I am thinking I can comfortably hang between 200 and 206 with no issues whatsoever and still make improvements. That will keep me right around 5 pounds of stage weight (if/when I decide to compete again).
    Last edited by Extreme One; 04-17-2014 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by samick94 View Post
    Pretty lean and Thick, you look great man!
    Thank you and thanks for following! Where from NJ are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme One View Post
    Do you mean with two contests and a wife ready to pop you did not have time to rad every word of my "oh so exciting" journal? LOL. Honesty, I expect to hit about 204 to 205 by Saturday and I feel great. Still getting stronger, sick pumps, sleeping well (which is huge for me as you know).....I actually may push down to 200 or so before heading back up....I am thinking I can comfortably hang between 200 and 206 with no issues whatsoever and still make improvements. That will keep me right around 5 pounds of stage weight (if/when I decide to compete again).
    dunno how you do it man...5 lbs above stage weight i would feel like shit

Quote Originally Posted by Steve56 View Post
    dunno how you do it man...5 lbs above stage weight i would feel like shit
    It's crazy how everyone is so different. I feel great when I am lighter. Yet last offseason when I hit a fairly lean 220, I felt awful. I was so sick of eating, did not sleep well, and just felt "off". I can drop weight/fat with hardly any effort. Basically right now I am eating perfect during the week, Saturday is my big refeed, and Sunday is clean food with a cheat meal but the clean food is basically whatever I want. For example, this past Sunday I had about 6 ezekial muffins with grass fed butter and a few sandwiches consisting of turkey, ezekial bread, safflower mayo, and raw cheese. I am only doing 3 x 30 minute cardio sessions a week.
    Last edited by Extreme One; 04-17-2014 at 02:59 PM.

I am down another half pound from last week. Sitting at 205 this morning. Saturday morning is my "official weight" and it is always the low weight of the week for me. My high weight is usually Monday. This past Monday I was 211.

I will be hitting legs in an hour and a half or so. Today is my refeed. This is what part of my day will consist of:

I woke up at 3 hungry and I also wanted to get a head start on all the cooking (we cook for the week on Saturdays and Sundays). Usually my wife does most of the cooking but since she is in prep, I took over to make things easier for her. I got some food started in the oven and ate this:

6 egg whites, 1 cup pf cream of rice with cinnamon and a cup of blueberries mixed in, 2 banana English muffins. After that I went back to sleep, took the food out, and slept some more. I am getting ready to have my next meal which is:
    2 scoops of GAT's PB Supertein, 1 cup of oats, 1 banana, and 3 tbs. of raw almond butter.

pre workout and intra (first half of workout): 1 scoop of GAT's Nitraflex, 1 scoop of GAT's Jet Fuse NOX, 1 scoop of GAT's Muscle Martini, 5 grams of BCAAs, 5 grams of Leucine, 5 grams of glutamine.

Intra workout (second half of workout) 1 scoop of GAT's Muscle Martini, 5 grams of BCAAs, 5 grams of Leucine, 5 grams of glutamine, 1 scoop of whey, 40 grams of carbs

Post workout: 2 pop-tarts, 2 English muffins

Next meal: pancakes and a few egg whites

Next meal: 125 grams of carbs from Lucky Charms, 1 scoop of whey

After this meal, I typically switch over to less sweeter carbs such as jasmine rice, cream of rice, pasta, etc.

I forgot to mention that I also have 1 scoop of GAT's JetMass in my "second half" intra shake.

Team Provo, Chem Moderator Provo82's Avatar

I am down another half pound from last week. Sitting at 205 this morning. Saturday morning is my "official weight" and it is always the low weight of the week for me. My high weight is usually Monday. This past Monday I was 211.

I will be hitting legs in an hour and a half or so. Today is my refeed. This is what part of my day will consist of:

I woke up at 3 hungry and I also wanted to get a head start on all the cooking (we cook for the week on Saturdays and Sundays). Usually my wife does most of the cooking but since she is in prep, I took over to make things easier for her. I got some food started in the oven and ate this:

6 egg whites, 1 cup pf cream of rice with cinnamon and a cup of blueberries mixed in, 2 banana English muffins. After that I went back to sleep, took the food out, and slept some more. I am getting ready to have my next meal which is:
    2 scoops of GAT's PB Supertein, 1 cup of oats, 1 banana, and 3 tbs. of raw almond butter.

pre workout and intra (first half of workout): 1 scoop of GAT's Nitraflex, 1 scoop of GAT's Jet Fuse NOX, 1 scoop of GAT's Muscle Martini, 5 grams of BCAAs, 5 grams of Leucine, 5 grams of glutamine.

Intra workout (second half of workout) 1 scoop of GAT's Muscle Martini, 5 grams of BCAAs, 5 grams of Leucine, 5 grams of glutamine, 1 scoop of whey, 40 grams of carbs

Post workout: 2 pop-tarts, 2 English muffins

Next meal: pancakes and a few egg whites

Next meal: 125 grams of carbs from Lucky Charms, 1 scoop of whey

After this meal, I typically switch over to less sweeter carbs such as jasmine rice, cream of rice, pasta, etc.

well ive been up at 3 am quite a bit myself but as w most people who wwake up at that time we do so to get things done undisturbed lol, as soon as 6 am hits all hell breaks lose.

It's crazy how everyone is so different. I feel great when I am lighter. Yet last offseason when I hit a fairly lean 220, I felt awful. I was so sick of eating, did not sleep well, and just felt "off". I can drop weight/fat with hardly any effort. Basically right now I am eating perfect during the week, Saturday is my big refeed, and Sunday is clean food with a cheat meal but the clean food is basically whatever I want. For example, this past Sunday I had about 6 ezekial muffins with grass fed butter and a few sandwiches consisting of turkey, ezekial bread, safflower mayo, and raw cheese. I am only doing 3 x 30 minute cardio sessions a week.
    yea i find when i start getting closer to 210-220 i have trouble getting through the day without feeling sleepy and sluggish. i know im prety damn night right now but the energy i have to get through the day that starts very very early has been awesome now that cals are up. i find the lighter i am i can function on less sleep not that its healthy but its something my life needs right now getting 8 hours a night is simply not in the cards 5-6 is more likely.

yea i find when i start getting closer to 210-220 i have trouble getting through the day without feeling sleepy and sluggish. i know im prety damn night right now but the energy i have to get through the day that starts very very early has been awesome now that cals are up. i find the lighter i am i can function on less sleep not that its healthy but its something my life needs right now getting 8 hours a night is simply not in the cards 5-6 is more likely.
    I have noticed that for me its not the weight I carry that is an issue but more about my diet. If I do no carbs until intra and post I wake up at 4:30 with no issue.

Quote Originally Posted by bushmaster View Post
    I have noticed that for me its not the weight I carry that is an issue but more about my diet. If I do no carbs until intra and post I wake up at 4:30 with no issue.
    i could see that being the case. if i drink a few glasses of wine and eat a shit meal before bed i can sleep till like 6-7 am

well ive been up at 3 am quite a bit myself but as w most people who wwake up at that time we do so to get things done undisturbed lol, as soon as 6 am hits all hell breaks lose.
    Yep, we are alike in that regard. I HATE having all that cooking hanging over my head. I would rather get it done bright and early. This way I don't have to worry about staying home later because the oven is on.

Yeah, that's about what I get sleep wise a night. I'm with you. As long as my cals are fairly high, the lighter I am the better I sleep. Even if I only get 5 hours I feel like they are a "good" five hours.

Quote Originally Posted by bushmaster View Post
    A little off topic but what is your current set up at this point? Right now I keep cals down/carbs down (100 grams or so) on my off days. I am still having a refeed day and the other "heavy" training days my carbs and cals are up with the bulk of them centered around my workout.

Hope to hit about 204 this Saturday. I made a couple of small changes. Trimmed 100 cals a day (from fat) and added 15 minutes of cardio per week (not per day). I have my cardio set up so that a couple of sessions are fasted and are LISS sessions. I also do 2 HIIT sessions. These are post workout and on higher carb/cals days. I had a great chest/shoulder/tri workout this morning. Strength still continues to climb and pumps are about as good as they have ever been. Loving this plan so far! I really can see myself pushing to get below 200 before slowly taking things up a bit. Sleep continues to improve. Having vivid dreams every night. It's been quite awhile since that has happened.

[QUOTE=Extreme One;2013439]Hope to hit about 204 this Saturday. I made a couple of small changes. Trimmed 100 cals a day (from fat) and added 15 minutes of cardio per week (not per day). I have my cardio set up so that a couple of sessions are fasted and are LISS sessions. I also do 2 HIIT sessions. These are post workout and on higher carb/cals days. I had a great chest/shoulder/tri workout this morning. Strength still continues to climb and pumps are about as good as they have ever been. Loving this plan so far! I really can see myself pushing to get below 200 before slowly taking things up a bit. Sleep continues to improve. Having vivid dreams every night. It's been quite awhile since that has happened.[

do you hold your bodyweight responsible for the better sleep or something else kev?

Page 192 of 230 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202 ... LastLast