Page 193 of 230 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 3446

[QUOTE=Provo82;2013448]
    Quote Originally Posted by Extreme One View Post
    Hope to hit about 204 this Saturday. I made a couple of small changes. Trimmed 100 cals a day (from fat) and added 15 minutes of cardio per week (not per day). I have my cardio set up so that a couple of sessions are fasted and are LISS sessions. I also do 2 HIIT sessions. These are post workout and on higher carb/cals days. I had a great chest/shoulder/tri workout this morning. Strength still continues to climb and pumps are about as good as they have ever been. Loving this plan so far! I really can see myself pushing to get below 200 before slowly taking things up a bit. Sleep continues to improve. Having vivid dreams every night. It's been quite awhile since that has happened.[

do you hold your bodyweight responsible for the better sleep or something else kev?
    I think it is a combo of things. Typically in the offseason I am heavier than I am now. Sleeping on my back doesn't work as I would suffer from apnea. Laying on my side would often lead to shoulder discomfort. Yes, I know that at 215 to 220 I was hardly a "mass monster" but those were still real issues. When I am prepping, obviously I am much lighter but I think the stress on my CNS is what causes sleep issues....That and low cals and overtraining. Right now I feel I have hit my "sweet spot". I am light enough that I can sleep on my back, side, however. Cals and cheats are up and I am very relaxed. This combination has led to much improved sleep. Even on the weekend when I find myself waking up to either eat or get chores started, I can fall back to sleep easily after doing whatever it is I need to do.

Team Provo, Chem Moderator Provo82's Avatar

[QUOTE=Extreme One;2013461]
    Quote Originally Posted by Provo82 View Post

I think it is a combo of things. Typically in the offseason I am heavier than I am now. Sleeping on my back doesn't work as I would suffer from apnea. Laying on my side would often lead to shoulder discomfort. Yes, I know that at 215 to 220 I was hardly a "mass monster" but those were still real issues. When I am prepping, obviously I am much lighter but I think the stress on my CNS is what causes sleep issues....That and low cals and overtraining. Right now I feel I have hit my "sweet spot". I am light enough that I can sleep on my back, side, however. Cals and cheats are up and I am very relaxed. This combination has led to much improved sleep. Even on the weekend when I find myself waking up to either eat or get chores started, I can fall back to sleep easily after doing whatever it is I need to do.
    im looking for that medium too ahha, its funny im sleeping worse post show than i am pre show. i didnt do marathon overtraining sessions this year precontest and i was able to sleep without twitching in the night even tho i was up early as shit i got half way decent sleep. right now its bad even iof my stomachs not growling which it hasnt been my metabolism kind of wakes me up making me restless i think who knows. cns stress is a huge variable i very much agree. do u feel good on a minicut because like regular work you feel your getting work out of the way now that you would have to do later ? haha i know i think that way

A little off topic but what is your current set up at this point? Right now I keep cals down/carbs down (100 grams or so) on my off days. I am still having a refeed day and the other "heavy" training days my carbs and cals are up with the bulk of them centered around my workout.
    Set up is a lot like Jason had me doing and just like yours (minus carbs). Basically keto diet with a refeed evening (300g carbs or so) and a clean cheat 3 days later. But I am trying to get closer to where your weight is at to recomp then maybe a fall show.

[QUOTE=Provo82;2013630]

im looking for that medium too ahha, its funny im sleeping worse post show than i am pre show. i didnt do marathon overtraining sessions this year precontest and i was able to sleep without twitching in the night even tho i was up early as shit i got half way decent sleep. right now its bad even iof my stomachs not growling which it hasnt been my metabolism kind of wakes me up making me restless i think who knows. cns stress is a huge variable i very much agree. do u feel good on a minicut because like regular work you feel your getting work out of the way now that you would have to do later ? haha i know i think that way
    Hey Phil. Funny you should mention that you are sleeping worse now post show than while prepping....After my last contests I had a long stretch where I was still sleeping poorly. In fact, I had a LONG string of Saturdays and Sundays where I was at they gym training at the obscene hour of 2 or 3 a.m. because I gave up on trying to sleep. Sleep did start to get better but the biggest improvment came as I dropped weight. The other thing that helps on the weekend, as stange as it sounds, is that now that my old gym closed and I do not have the luxury of training anytime I want, I know that I cannot train until 8 am. Now when I wake up to get cooking, e-mail, and chores out of the way, I end up going back to bed when done because the gym is not an option for several hours.

Yes, that is a large part of why I feel so great and relaxed on my mini cut. Also, I prefer how I feel as I get leaner rather than heavier. I like being lean. I feel healthier, have more energy, like the way my clothes fit, love not getting that nasty low back pumps, and love that my cardiovascular endurance is through the roof. I find I can train just as hard and heavy at this weight but I can also push the pace even mor than normal.

Quote Originally Posted by bushmaster View Post
    Set up is a lot like Jason had me doing and just like yours (minus carbs). Basically keto diet with a refeed evening (300g carbs or so) and a clean cheat 3 days later. But I am trying to get closer to where your weight is at to recomp then maybe a fall show.
    I know that in the past, much like myself, you would really push the carbs and cals. How do you feel on this set up? I actually like it a lot for myself. Overall I feel great on the lower carb/cal days. Just when I am starting to get really hungry, it is a higher carb/cal day.

Wednesdays are a heavy training day for me and a bit of a refeed (high carbs but mostly clean). Last Wednesday I dropped fat and protein a touch but increased my carbs. I woke up the next day to a new mid week low (Saturdays are still my true low but I also monitor Thursdays weight). Yesterday the plan was to do the same. However, I had a busier than usual day. I was up at 3:45, out the door well before 5, and did not get home until 9 pm. I was extremely hungry when I came home so I added another 40 grams of carbs (180 cals) to my last meal. This morning I woke up super hungry and to a new low (even lower than Saturday's weight) of 203.5. It seems that the more I eat on Wednesdays (coming off two low days in a row), the faster my metabolism gets and the more I drop. That being said I am going to expreiment next Wednesday and add another 40 grams of carbs to see what happens. If I was a betting man I would bet that this causes another drop.

I know that in the past, much like myself, you would really push the carbs and cals. How do you feel on this set up? I actually like it a lot for myself. Overall I feel great on the lower carb/cal days. Just when I am starting to get really hungry, it is a higher carb/cal day.
    I love it but may even drop off the refeed day and just have more the night of the cheat. Seems digestion isn't very good after the refeeds. I think we all are figuring out what works for us at that time which can always change. The more advanced we all become the less calories are probably needed due to more being utilized because of better digestion. Of course the bigger we get will require more cals. I remember you and I tried always pushing the limits on cals in hopes of eating more during prep. But that theory doesn't always work out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by bushmaster View Post
    I love it but may even drop off the refeed day and just have more the night of the cheat. Seems digestion isn't very good after the refeeds. I think we all are figuring out what works for us at that time which can always change. The more advanced we all become the less calories are probably needed due to more being utilized because of better digestion. Of course the bigger we get will require more cals. I remember you and I tried always pushing the limits on cals in hopes of eating more during prep. But that theory doesn't always work out that way.
    Great point. I am finding that I need less protein than I had always thought and can go lower on cals and carbs several days a week and not hinder strength or gains. I have found with me as long as I strategically place high carbs and cal days, I can continue to improve. I am good gi wise on my refeed. However, I am finding that if I string too many even moderate carb days in a row, I start to experience digestion issues. Our bodies are constantly changing and am finding that pro/fat meals digest best. Yeah, it is crazy that last offseason my cals were by far the highest they had ever been. I got to the point where little inceases in cals did nothing and I started jumping 750+ cals at a time. Yet by the end of my prep my cals and carbs were as low as ever and I was actually doing 7 x 30 minute cardio sessions a week which is a ton for me.

How do you think your plan will change as you start prep?.....Realizing of course that every plan we create typically goes out the window at some point during prep, lol.

Woke up yesterday to 204. Hammered legs. Workout included a few different leg curls, Welsh Dragon curls, hyper ham/glute raises, squats, leg presses, double box weighter belt squats s/s with walking bb lunges, extensions, and so on and so on. LOL. Had 8 good high carb meals (each meal 100 to 150 grams of carbs). Getting ready to eat again and hit back, traps, rear delts, and bis. Today will be a fairly high carb and fat day. I plan on leaving diet and cardio the same this week but will adjust on fly if need be.

Weight seems pretty stable at 204
    hows the mirror Kev?
    2013 & 2014 RX Member of the Year
    2014 RX Muscle September Member of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Weight seems pretty stable at 204
    hows the mirror Kev?
    Actually 204 is a new weekly low weight. I have slowly been dropping the past 7 weeks and am down about 6 pounds.

I am getting leaner and harder with each passing week. Veins all over....Quads, pecs, delts. The plan is to push to sub 200 before slowly taking things back up.

pics....NOW...

Hope thigs are going well Kev, trying to get caught up with everyone! Beasting it as always I see!
    "But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: while we were yet sinners Christ died for us."
    – Romans 5:8

https://www.facebook.com/48PhysiqueEnhancement

Quote Originally Posted by Dadup View Post
    pics....NOW...

Hope thigs are going well Kev, trying to get caught up with everyone! Beasting it as always I see!
    LOL. Hey Dylan! How all is well bud. Hardly beasting but "thanks". RIght now I am a good 15 pounds lighter than this time last year and am loving it. I am overdue on pics. I will try to throw some up this week...........

Default Extreme One's Road to 2015 Team Universe and Master Nationals

Quote Originally Posted by Dadup View Post
    pics....NOW...
    U haven't posted pix in monthssssssssssss
    Last edited by Hoss06; 04-28-2014 at 03:47 PM.
    Training / Prep / Off-season coach: Kevin McDowell / Extreme One
    Journal: Hoss06 Training Journal

RX MEMBER

Great point. I am finding that I need less protein than I had always thought and can go lower on cals and carbs several days a week and not hinder strength or gains. I have found with me as long as I strategically place high carbs and cal days, I can continue to improve. I am good gi wise on my refeed. However, I am finding that if I string too many even moderate carb days in a row, I start to experience digestion issues. Our bodies are constantly changing and am finding that pro/fat meals digest best. Yeah, it is crazy that last offseason my cals were by far the highest they had ever been. I got to the point where little inceases in cals did nothing and I started jumping 750+ cals at a time. Yet by the end of my prep my cals and carbs were as low as ever and I was actually doing 7 x 30 minute cardio sessions a week which is a ton for me.

How do you think your plan will change as you start prep?.....Realizing of course that every plan we create typically goes out the window at some point during prep, lol.
    If you were to incorporate this cyclical carb approach while trying to push up weight would you just increase cals on lower carb days by bumping up fat, in hopes of growing while still minimizing digestive effects you notice from chronically high carbs .

Page 193 of 230 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203 ... LastLast