Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Tummy tucks

  1. #1
    PENCILNECK
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Tummy tucks

    I have went from 27% BF to 4.0 at my second contest. Here is the issue I have some sagingin the lower ab area. I am 51 will it tighten up on its own or will I need a tummy tuck. What is the recovery time for this procedure ?

  2. #2
    RX MEMBER GaJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    147
    Rep Power
    22498

    Default

    Steel, I just had the same thing happen...lost 74 lbs for a contest and the loose skin cost me....other input would be great...not sure if I should stay lean for a year and see what happens or go get it "fixed"? Tanning seems to help imo.

  3. #3
    #1 Gynecomastia Surgeon in the World.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    I have went from 27% BF to 4.0 at my second contest. Here is the issue I have some sagingin the lower ab area. I am 51 will it tighten up on its own or will I need a tummy tuck. What is the recovery time for this procedure ?
    Tummy tuck is a common surgery and improves loose skin and muscle. Recovery time for this procedure is about 2 weeks.

  4. #4
    NOVICE SwollNMember's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    98
    Rep Power
    397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Blau View Post
    Tummy tuck is a common surgery and improves loose skin and muscle. Recovery time for this procedure is about 2 weeks.
    Recovery to the point you can start training again?

  5. #5
    Aussie Muscle Babe tight booty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Australia.
    Posts
    14,197
    Rep Power
    444381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SwollNMember View Post
    Recovery to the point you can start training again?
    In most cases surgeons recommend waiting 6 weeks before a person can train.

  6. #6
    Resident Homo Chadstallion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,138
    Rep Power
    2147699

    Default

    the big question on the tummy tuck issue is 'what is the scar going to look like' ? I crescent shaped incision across the lower ab might be more than some people want to have seen in public, or up close .lol

  7. #7
    GYM RAT MeatHead4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Glorified Swamp (FL)
    Posts
    291
    Rep Power
    18011

    Default

    I actually just had a tummy tuck performed two weeks ago and I am still insanely swollen.

    Went from 300 lbs. to a shredded 210 lbs. at 8% bf.

    my midsection was really tight, but a small layer of loose skin on my lower abs, and some really deep stretchmarks on my stomach just ruins the whole damn package.


    Not training is driving me up a wall, lol. But I guess I have to learn to love it for the next 6 weeks.

  8. #8
    Resident Homo Chadstallion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,138
    Rep Power
    2147699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MeatHead4Life View Post
    I actually just had a tummy tuck performed two weeks ago and I am still insanely swollen.

    Went from 300 lbs. to a shredded 210 lbs. at 8% bf.

    my midsection was really tight, but a small layer of loose skin on my lower abs, and some really deep stretchmarks on my stomach just ruins the whole damn package.


    Not training is driving me up a wall, lol. But I guess I have to learn to love it for the next 6 weeks.
    what kind of scar? where? how big and or long?

  9. #9
    Moderator GirlyMuscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    In a realm of all possibilities
    Posts
    13,751
    Rep Power
    2148095

    Default

    Usually the scar is like a smiley face and runs where your underwear line is. I'd much rather have a scar than hanging loose skin and stretch marks.
    You guys with the huge sponsor ads in your signatures make reading the forums annoying.

  10. #10
    GYM RAT MeatHead4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Glorified Swamp (FL)
    Posts
    291
    Rep Power
    18011

    Default

    The scar is pretty damn long.... from hip to hip. But the Dr places it super low, it wouldn't show if u'r wearing underwear or swim trunks.

    even though I'm all swollen, I can already tell this is gonna look awesome when it's all done. the stretchmarks are practically all gone, which is something that I never thought would be possible.

  11. #11
    GYM RAT dsyndrome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Up on a mountain top in OREGON
    Posts
    705
    Rep Power
    50514

    Default

    Got my surgery coming up in 13 days, I went from 291 to 170 last summer and am now at a pretty damn lean 180, lots of loose skin on lower abs, 1/2 tummy tuck, doc says no lypo and should be able to lift in 2 weeks, we will have to see. You can follow my diet and progress in chem section diaries under cutting cycle, should have after pics in a few weeks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •