Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Breast implants: to do or not to do?

Breast implants: to do or not to do? Is necessarily to have an implants in order to succeed in fitness industry? What do you think?

SNAC

...Yes

Taking names and revoking man cards - except Kenny Kola - since 2009

It helps.
    "I know what your thinking. Did I fire 5 shots or did I fire 6 shots. You gotta ask yourself, Do you feel lucky? Well do ya, Punk?"

Depends on your goals. If success to you is making the judges happy then yes.

...but if success to you means making YOU happy then it is not required.

Tanji Johnson is natural and very beautiful

Alina Popa is natural and she is an amazing athlete and exudes beauty without having to go under the knife.

You must make that choice tho. But know that implants is part of the "package" the judges reward .... Even when they pretend its not. Results from how they judge show otherwise.

IRONMAGLABS.COM

USE DISCOUNT CODE: tami15 for 15% off
    www.ironmaglabs.com
    DISCOUNT CODE: tami15 and get 15% off all orders!!

What makes you happy?!?! This is a major surgery and being backstage, I've seen a lot of bad boob jobs and some girls looked like theirs were still settling! Do it for you and for the right reasons. Unfortunately, when it comes to bikini, sometimes the full aesthetic appeal is what judges and sponsors look for. There is only so much that padding can do. I think depending on your division, you should base some of your judgement on that. I had a double mastectomy and reconstruction and had my implants put partially under the muscle. This allows for a more natural look and when im dieting down I don't have the melon look:-)...only thin I worry about is certain chest exercises that can force my implant out of the pocket, so I have to train wise, and still be able to give the judges a good side chest:-)...

Good answers!

Also how do you define success? What are you trying to get out of the fitness industry? A pro card? A career? Or is it just a hobby? And is your expectation realistic? Keeping in mind this year's hot competitor always gets replaced by the next one in line. And we all know that once any given show is over, everyone has already moved onto the next one. The fitness industry is full of fleeting successes and a lot of perceived success followed by a very low-income reality.

Years ago a friend of mine who was a competitor himself, had a girlfriend who wanted to compete. The first thing he told her was that she had to get implants. Huh? Maybe try getting on stage once first. Or even try dieting to get results and see if you are that into it and prepared to drop the several hundred to thousand dollars required just to get on stage at a local show. That requires you have to go under the knife at a cost of $6000+ first?

And then what if you get the perfect rack but never get comfortable being on stage and it affects your scores. Did the perfect rack make you successful in the fitness industry?

If you're remotely interested in implants, do the research, get a consult or two and spend some time looking internally to see if its important to you. Then do the same for the fitness industry. Is competition a hobby? Is it going to cost you more to get onstage than you'll ever make in a continuous paycheck? What do you see as your career path here? Does it stop at calling yourself a pro and expecting to have the income roll in at that point? Or are you going to run your competitive existence like a business and get into the places where you have control of your source of income, or be completely dependent on free photoshoots, Facebook posts and sketchy sponsors to get "exposure" while working some crap job until your time hits?

LOL .. ok a little dramatic. But keep things in perspective. A breast augmentation can help balance your symmetry, and God knows it helps to NOT lose all your bust line because you dieted down to 10% bodyfat. OMG .. have you ever seen a DD go to an A cup in 16 weeks? But its certainly not going to be the only determining factor. You might not even find you're truly interested in "success in the fitness industry" as a life goal.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

IFBB PRO, Bros V Pros X Champion The Prodigy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sassy69 View Post
    Good answers!

Also how do you define success? What are you trying to get out of the fitness industry? A pro card? A career? Or is it just a hobby? And is your expectation realistic? Keeping in mind this year's hot competitor always gets replaced by the next one in line. And we all know that once any given show is over, everyone has already moved onto the next one. The fitness industry is full of fleeting successes and a lot of perceived success followed by a very low-income reality.

Years ago a friend of mine who was a competitor himself, had a girlfriend who wanted to compete. The first thing he told her was that she had to get implants. Huh? Maybe try getting on stage once first. Or even try dieting to get results and see if you are that into it and prepared to drop the several hundred to thousand dollars required just to get on stage at a local show. That requires you have to go under the knife at a cost of $6000+ first?

And then what if you get the perfect rack but never get comfortable being on stage and it affects your scores. Did the perfect rack make you successful in the fitness industry?

If you're remotely interested in implants, do the research, get a consult or two and spend some time looking internally to see if its important to you. Then do the same for the fitness industry. Is competition a hobby? Is it going to cost you more to get onstage than you'll ever make in a continuous paycheck? What do you see as your career path here? Does it stop at calling yourself a pro and expecting to have the income roll in at that point? Or are you going to run your competitive existence like a business and get into the places where you have control of your source of income, or be completely dependent on free photoshoots, Facebook posts and sketchy sponsors to get "exposure" while working some crap job until your time hits?

LOL .. ok a little dramatic. But keep things in perspective. A breast augmentation can help balance your symmetry, and God knows it helps to NOT lose all your bust line because you dieted down to 10% bodyfat. OMG .. have you ever seen a DD go to an A cup in 16 weeks? But its certainly not going to be the only determining factor. You might not even find you're truly interested in "success in the fitness industry" as a life goal.
    Good post!

Wow Sassy!!! I always love your insight!!!! ALL of what u just said, I have spent the last two years thinking about and at this moment, i am still on the fence. Definatly not a decision that should be made fast or for the wrong reasons....

Sassy, thats the best post I have read on this topic EVER

IRONMAGLABS.COM

USE DISCOUNT CODE: tami15 for 15% off
    www.ironmaglabs.com
    DISCOUNT CODE: tami15 and get 15% off all orders!!

Sassy--great post!!

but I really think anything when you're permanently altering your body has to be a decision you make sure you're comfortable with, with or without "fitness." Because if you do decide this is what you "need" to do for fitness, and for some reason your fitness career ends, you don't want to realize you spent thousands of dollars altering your body for no reason.

I just had mine done a few weeks ago, and everyone has been saying to be, "oh you did it for fitness?" And that comment has really been bothering me. I did this for me. I did it because doing fitness, bodybuilding, physique, figure, bikini and things of this nature we strive to achieve what we deem as our perfect body. The body we work so hard to be proud of and happy with. For me, my off season large B boobs were quite nice, but when dieted down and loving my entire body and being so proud of the work I had put in, I now felt self-conscious about another part of my body--the mosquito bites sitting on my chest that had a larger pec sitting above them.

So I will say I'm not naive enough to not realize boobs can make you more "marketable" or have that physique they're going for. But I also realized this was something I did for my perception of my own body. I wanted to put in the work to achieve an incredible physique and not have to be self conscious about the ONE PART i truly couldn't change. Not to appease a group of industry judges and critics.

Just my two cents.

^^ Yep and yep!

I actually got mine done on a suggestion that a friend of mine made off handedly while we were out at a club in S. Florida. It frankly never really occurred to me to do, because my association w/ it was "Look at all the silicone on South Beach" -- I didn't associate w/ that lifestyle or look at all. However when I stepped off that particular view of the stereotype and started paying more attention to the girls I saw in the gym and asking, the more interested I got. This was 2000 - there was really no such thing as "Figure" yet and I hadn't even given BB competition any thought even tho I was a regular gym rat. But I did the research online for a good 6 months. I got on some of those online chats, particularly on ImplantInfo.com to get other women's thoughts & experiences with it. Then I did a mini keto diet to dump some weight and sort of test myself to see if I was expecting new boobs to "fix" everything I didn't like in my life. Not sure it was really relevant, but it had more to do w/ checkign myself on what I was honestly expecting out of it. At the end of that, I felt it was a decision I was making for myself that had no other goal than to make me happier w/ myself - mostly in the sense of more symmetry (big hips, "deflated B" cup... shit.... often thought why even bother w/ a bra..) and have my clothes fit better. I did a couple different consults (they were free back then), asked lots of questions and then scheduled my appt w/ a guy in Boca Raton (btw probably the Plastic Surgery Capital, second only to Beverly Hills..). I even talked to my parents about it (sorta silly. .. I'm 35 and fully capable of making my own decisions..) - I felt at a minimum, they needed to know because it involved anesthesia and a potential risk in going into surgery. Mom was like "Oh,.... *really disappointed sound* .. do you REALLY need to do that?" And I just said - No I don't NEED to, but I want to. I did the research and I feel I was responsible in making this decision, and yes I can afford it. Being my very cool parents, they still thought it wasn't necessary, but they supported me.

BEST DECISION EVER! I honestly think its one of the best things I ever did for myself.

It was 3 months after the surgery (back then it took that long for "unders" to heal...) that I started the discussion w/ a trainer at my gym about how I wanted to do the diet & training like I was doing a show, because I'd never gotten the two coordinated to get results, but not do a show. The trainer was like "Well, why don't you do a show?" And it went from there. The boobs IMO made a huge difference in how I would've looked on stage, but it was more like icing on the cake than anything else. The decision to get them was entirely independent of competition or anything other than just me wanting to make an improvement for myself.

I will say I recently dropped the cash for a re-boob because I had 12 year old Saline "under" implants that seemed like they were getting pushed out the sides of my chest over time -- I'm already built wide so even w/ a D cup I didn't have much in the way of cleavage. As I've gained size from BB competition and probably more chest work has pushed them further out, I decided to upgrade to silicone and go to a DD.

SECOND BEST DECISION I'VE EVER MADE!

I finally have cleavage, and because they are silicone, there isn't near the amount of visible compression doing a side chest pose - looks SOOO much better. I just need to fork out for a bigger competition suit top now.

"The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

Managing Dir., Rx Muscle Forums Curt James's Avatar
    Big Jeff's Family Restaurant, 815 Fremont Ave, South Pasadena, CA

Quote Originally Posted by anyastar View Post
    Breast implants: to do or not to do? Is necessarily to have an implants in order to succeed in fitness industry? What do you think?
    There have been many athletes who remained natural or didn't go straight to 800cc or however they measure implants.

One of my favorites was Sharon Marvel who eventually placed as high as 5th at the Ms. Olympia.

IFBB Women's Historian Steve Wennerstrom's Avatar

Yes, the 'success' element is relative. Annie Rivieccio passed on implants by building lots of upper pectoral muscle. She won the overall NPC National title in 2003 and finished 3rd in the 2006 Ms. O. THAT's a pretty good level of contest success.

And there's the story of a competitor who I won't name who possessed a great look for modeling back in the days when they still used female bodybuilders in the magazines often. She was encouraged by those at a particular industry publication to get implants. She agreed with the promise that they pay for the procedure, and when her modeling days were over that they pay for the procedure to have them removed. Her suggestion didn't fly, but ended up using her anyway.

I agree with many of the suggestions by the ladies here. And certainly there have been successful bodybuilders without them.

I think bikini is another animal, and as been said by others is more so a T&A/beauty contest. That's not to dis those women and to say they don't work hard.

Although I've wondered about Nicole Nagrani. Not sure if she has them or not. Looks more like padding than implants, which I would hope, since she's been competing since 18. You'd think that would be a bit young to get them. We know her mom competes, but could you approve them at that age?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Managing Dir., Rx Muscle Forums Curt James's Avatar
    Big Jeff's Family Restaurant, 815 Fremont Ave, South Pasadena, CA

^^^^ "There is no age restraint per se. However, parental consent is sought for patients under 18. The patient must have matured physically and have the intellectual and emotional capacity to handle the surgery."—Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

But I definitely agree if you're stating you believe "that would be a bit young to get them."

RX MEMBER

Yes, If you wanna succeed in fitness career then you must have breast implants. Breast implants looking naturally is very important and everyone want treatment which is naturally and without any side effects. You can check transfemme to get complete breast implants solution.
    Last edited by davidgarry; 05-24-2021 at 07:47 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast