OK ~ here we go...............

Been sitting back a smidge after my most recent contest Nov 17 - clearning my head, re-grouping, resting (if you call what I do "resting"...)...LOL, and pulling together my focus for the offseason - which for me, always means gearing towards/ramping into/setting goals/doing my homework for the Comp Season....

Just completed my first year of competing in WPD (was former Figure gal) and have most definitely come away with some awesome memories, awesome lessons, closed in a bit on the learning curve to the new division, and more importantly have come away with MY HOMEWORK!

For me - my goal is ALWAYS to improve show to show and to always retain the ability to step back and assess what needs done for next time to improve or develop further as an athlete. By improving, I don't mean how I place (though that obviously is part of the hope), but moreso continued improvement in my physique, my training, my knoweldge, and my ability to self assess. With that in mind - this year was one of my BEST yet..... but as I said at the start - I HAVE MY HOMEWORK ` AND THEN SOME!

Though I did well at each show - all feedback (which I already knew...but had confirmed) I need more SIZE. I'm still on the smaller end of WP and need to grow during this down time.

Also - had a pretty significant flub during my peak week this last show and need to absolutely NOT do that EVER again! I've seen competitors backstage suffering from dehydration and often found myself thinking to myself "dam"!! Well..........this time - that WAS me and it was horrific to say the least and amounted to a less than confident stage presentation because I was feeling like total Dog Crap!! Actually felt the effects of it for a few days post show..........

I am not good at putting together/critiquing my final weeks nor knowing what adjustments should be made if something is a bit off.... something I will need expert help with when we get that far.

What's the point in putting in Hours, Days, Weeks, Months, Years of hard training if in the end - you can't pull the conditioning together to highlight all the hard work! ALL that time sweating, eating, training, lifting, sacrificing can come down to a pass or fail in the judges eyes on show day!

All that being said - I don't do all this JUST to compete - I LOVE the sport, I LOVE training, and EVERYTHING that it does to enhance my life..... more times than not - I am simply competing against myself and to outdo what I did last ......... in turn - MY HOMEWORK:

• GROW in the offseason
  • Bring up lagging parts
  • Further improve overall conditioning
  • AVOID offseason excess FLUFF
  • Learn new ways to train to enhance all of the above
  • Learn more about Nutrition
  • Learn more about the final few weeks leading into a comp and Peak Week to come in HEALTHY and with better conditioning
  • ENJOY EVERY STEP OF THE WAY!!!!

Have spent the last two weeks doing a lot of Volume training and playing around with different schemes to test out..... will post up as we go....

With that - Cheers to all and ready to RAISE THE BAR AND COME IN BIGGER, BADDER, AND BETTER FOR 2013!!!!!!!