Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 LastLast

Wow...you really are doing amazing and you're so ahead of schedule!!
    Still strong at 10% BF with weeks to go! You must be so excited about this competition year!

Those iso holds are just SICK, SICK, SICK! Have done them for leg ext and - OW!! This week I did just one iso after DB lying leg curls, lying the wrong way on the decline bench & hold the DB in your feet to failure. No screaming obscenities, I was speechless!
    2016 RX Member of the Year & March 2015 Member of the Month
    https://www.instagram.com/sunny52kg/

https://granitesupplements.com/ideva...ate.php?id=127

Quote Originally Posted by PFEPerformance View Post
    Hey - Maybe PFE PIMPIN MY RIDE AND KICKIN ASS IN 2015! HAHA!
    You got it !

Wednesday 02/11 Update

Brushing the dust off this bad boy..... life has been on hyper drive last several weeks....... Working major overtime and LONG stressful days.... But, I assure you - NO SLACKING ... lol

I am now 6 & 7 weeks out to shows....and time is flying by!! I caught whatever the latest greatest nasty flu bug is and it has slightly kicked my ass..... but improving with each day this week. Still very congested, but, the rest has cleared out...... Missed 3 days of lifting when it kicked off last week with fever, body aches, MASSIVE MIGRAINE, etc.... Back at it last night and though my endurance wobbled a bit...all is well and not going to miss a beat!

Austin tweaked my Macros and training a bit more going into these last few weeks and we are pushing forward.

Have been dealing a little with a gal talking smack and trying to get a few digs in at me..... not sure what the deal is..... I don't even know her as a person....she is a member of one of the teams I competed with and new to competing in WP. She will be competing at the same two shows I am and for whatever reason, has made it her goal to try and get a rise out of me..... made some comments on FB indicating she's gunning for me and I better watch my back.... some digs about my age vs hers and she's going to take the "old lady" down.... Mind you, I've NEVER personally got to know this girl, never had a conversation with her, etc..... so I'm clueless what she's got twisted in her shorts about me....but??? The FB digs got no reaction or response out of me (aside from some giggles)....so, now she's making comments that carry back to me via some of my friends on the team.... Girl has got it out for me!! Dang!!??

So, these shows will have an addl. interesting factor as to how things play out. I HATE Cockiness and arrogance!!! I also HATE disrespect...... regardless of how all this plays out - conduct yourself that way - sooner or later - someone is going to hand you your ass!

I will TRY to pop in here more often over these next few weeks leading into my shows - even if a quickie update...... We are OFFICIALLY in the countdown weeks!

Have an AWESOME week everyone!!!
    ~Lorrie ~ Mediocrity is NOT an option! ~

Seriously...people just have nothing better to do. What happened to sportsmanship? I'm sure you can send little girl crying right back to the hole she climbed out of.

A side from that....glad you're feeling better. I'm sure prep is extra tough during clod/flu season. At least you still got a few more weeks to go. Time is going to fly by!!
    We're all here still here cheering you on!

Ugh. Some people need to go back to kindergarten because as adults they wouldn't know sportsmanship if it jumped up and bit them in the behind. Pfft. That said...

Quote Originally Posted by LisaRD23 View Post
    Seriously...people just have nothing better to do. What happened to sportsmanship? I'm sure you can send little girl crying right back to the hole she climbed out of.

A side from that....glad you're feeling better. I'm sure prep is extra tough during clod/flu season. At least you still got a few more weeks to go. Time is going to fly by!!
    We're all here still here cheering you on!
    ^THIS.

And x2 on cheering you on!

Wow. can't believe the trash talk.
    "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry" -Dr. David Banner

“Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart” - Anne Frank

MEGA QUICK SHORT CHECK IN -

My workload has not slowed down and haven't had time to do my ck in's here.....:-( Between work, prep, training, family duties...etc..... Crazy train

BUT - On an AWESOME note..... as of this last Saturday - I am sitting 1# over October end stage weight and within .3 of stage BF% (October show 7.2 week out.... this last Saturday 7.5 with FOUR weeks to go when taken).

So here we are 3 & 4 out from upcoming shows - strength, focus, drive, energy, etc....ALL ABOVE NORMAL for this point in prep!! Sleep - haha - have been sleeping like a ROCK! ZERO issues across the board with anything - prep is prep - but, from a prep standpoint....this has been an absolute BREEZE!!!

Cals are still cranking at a decent higher end, Cardio is minimal, and I AM READY TO ROCK!!

FINALLY nailed my posing song down.... did have a different song picked out that I was pretty excited about.....but, after practicing several times, I'd lose my count during a point in it when it changed up for a few seconds and kept finding myself rushing. I could correct it - BUT, I do NOT want to be "thinking" about it on stage....so, "SIGH"....went on search for new song and actually found one that I fell in love with and can do some VERY cool moves to because it is a much slower paced song....so, that's DONE! Just fine tune on in and will be on Auto Pilot :-)

Found out that WPD is DEAD LAST on the order of events for the Ohio Natural..... PooPoo on that...but, is what it is..... pack the food accordingly, put my orange feet up and CHILL the hell out for a W H I L E! LOL

That's the update gang!

Hope everyone is doing FANTASTIC !!! If anyone is going to be at the show - hit me up - would love to connect!!!

As Miss Awesome ELISE used to say -
    PEACE AND GREEN BEANS!! XOXO

Just catching up & jealous I'm not on a competition schedule because I like doing summer shows. Instead I'm starting all the way at the beginning just training my old body to fire the right way. All in due time ....

RE: young'uns -- fuck 'em. My goal is to get on stage at age 50+ and show 'em what posing should look like.

RE: pacing in the free pose round - One of the key cues I use to keep myself paced well, because I definitely tend to go too fast and my brain pretty much shuts off when I'm on stage - I just make sure to count 1-1000, 2-1000 3-1000 for every pose. Think of every pose as a photo op for a clean shot. That is about all the mental thought I can handle when I get on stage. Everything else just gets blocked out and I'm literally only relying on reflex and habit from practicing so much. Hope that maybe helps some. It's definitely my go-to when the brain fart hits.

Sounds like you're well on track for prep - that's a great feeling! Especially when you don't feel like dog shit as the cost for it! Onward!
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

Quote Originally Posted by PFEPerformance View Post
    MEGA QUICK SHORT CHECK IN -

My workload has not slowed down and haven't had time to do my ck in's here.....:-( Between work, prep, training, family duties...etc..... Crazy train

BUT - On an AWESOME note..... as of this last Saturday - I am sitting 1# over October end stage weight and within .3 of stage BF% (October show 7.2 week out.... this last Saturday 7.5 with FOUR weeks to go when taken).

So here we are 3 & 4 out from upcoming shows - strength, focus, drive, energy, etc....ALL ABOVE NORMAL for this point in prep!! Sleep - haha - have been sleeping like a ROCK! ZERO issues across the board with anything - prep is prep - but, from a prep standpoint....this has been an absolute BREEZE!!!

Cals are still cranking at a decent higher end, Cardio is minimal, and I AM READY TO ROCK!!

FINALLY nailed my posing song down.... did have a different song picked out that I was pretty excited about.....but, after practicing several times, I'd lose my count during a point in it when it changed up for a few seconds and kept finding myself rushing. I could correct it - BUT, I do NOT want to be "thinking" about it on stage....so, "SIGH"....went on search for new song and actually found one that I fell in love with and can do some VERY cool moves to because it is a much slower paced song....so, that's DONE! Just fine tune on in and will be on Auto Pilot :-)

Found out that WPD is DEAD LAST on the order of events for the Ohio Natural..... PooPoo on that...but, is what it is..... pack the food accordingly, put my orange feet up and CHILL the hell out for a W H I L E! LOL

That's the update gang!

Hope everyone is doing FANTASTIC !!! If anyone is going to be at the show - hit me up - would love to connect!!!

As Miss Awesome ELISE used to say -
    PEACE AND GREEN BEANS!! XOXO
    Great warrior mindset, PFE! Way to get 'er done! So proud of you and the progress you've made this prep and I have no doubt you are in the place you are physically because your MIND is in the right place!

Quote Originally Posted by sassy69 View Post
    Just catching up & jealous I'm not on a competition schedule because I like doing summer shows. Instead I'm starting all the way at the beginning just training my old body to fire the right way. All in due time ....

RE: young'uns -- fuck 'em. My goal is to get on stage at age 50+ and show 'em what posing should look like.

RE: pacing in the free pose round - One of the key cues I use to keep myself paced well, because I definitely tend to go too fast and my brain pretty much shuts off when I'm on stage - I just make sure to count 1-1000, 2-1000 3-1000 for every pose. Think of every pose as a photo op for a clean shot. That is about all the mental thought I can handle when I get on stage. Everything else just gets blocked out and I'm literally only relying on reflex and habit from practicing so much. Hope that maybe helps some. It's definitely my go-to when the brain fart hits.

Sounds like you're well on track for prep - that's a great feeling! Especially when you don't feel like dog shit as the cost for it! Onward!
    Sassy, I am so with you on hitting stage as a non-young'un! Show 'em what posing OUGHT to look like AND make all those youn'uns look like they need to go home and START their diets!

[QUOTE=Sunnyday;2073294]Great warrior mindset, PFE! Way to get 'er done! So proud of you and the progress you've made this prep and I have no doubt you are in the place you are physically because your MIND is in the right place!

Thanks ladies!

Sassy - VERY helpful - Once I'm on stage I'm sorta lasered in on the judges - I actually pay ZERO attention to competitors around me and just sorta hit the "auto pilot" - so, this is a helpful mental Q for me to just breathe, count, and flow......... THANK YOU

Thank you Sunny - I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm not mentally "tired" - but, means nothing to me when I have a goal I'm zeroed in on.....

As for "Miss THANG"...lol and her many-many attempts directly and indirectly to get a rise out of me (with no success), I'm still somewhat baffled as to WTH her issue is or what her end goal is....but...... she continues to sling mud on FB and via other competitors I'm friends with.... most recent being a pic on FB calling me out basically with caption to the pic that said "Granny, do you even lift"....
    I have NEVER directly been in contact with this gal other than a polite HI when I've seen her and the mutual fact that we are on the same team just on completely different training schedules???? It's the weirdest thing?!

But - this shit don't rattle or even effect me other than a smidge of an "Oh Really" attitude to some of it thinking her "age" gives her some level of advantage.... but, I REFUSE to play childish immature High School girl level games, I wish her the best, let the cards fall where they may - but:
    Never underestimate the competitor who remains quiet and in the shadows, you may find your worst nightmare just hit the stage

I am still rocking the prep - Austin made an addl Tweak to Macros on Monday and we are OUT AHEAD of all prior preps..... Strength has leveled off somewhat, to be expected this close in. All else is - FIRE IN MY EYES AND LASER FOCUS!!

17 & 24 days out this TRAIN IS IN MOTION!!!

STAY TUNED...... SHOW NUMBER ONE STRAIGHT AHEAD!

Thanks for the update, girl! Keep doing your thing the next 17-24 days. So proud of you!

Monday 03/16 update.....

Week before Peak Week - show 1

Saturday hit some all new territory for me - Highest LMM and Lowest BF combined EVER, so, though I'm "feeling" the deep deep trenches of prep - HELL YEA

The Mental foggies, achey joints, fatigue, etc.... are present....but, completely normal for where we are in prep....... and we are rolling in bigger, badder, leaner, and more solid than we ever have!!

Had to re-vamp my routine slightly due to our music starting AT STAGE ENTRY vs getting positioned on stage and then Q Music..... not a HUGE deal....BUT, EXTREMELY thankful I read the small print on entry form and caught that.... Nothing like something throwing you off RIGHT before you hit the stage...

Austin has his finger on the pulse of this prep and as he commands...so it shall be....LOL

That's about it - Training days are @ 3:30 AM due to long work days and family responsibilities....... but, I'M ON IT!!

HAVE A GREAT WEEK EVERYONE!!!!

Yeah Lorrie! Congrats on the LMM/BF PRs! Way to be a warrior getting it done @ 3:30 AM!
    So excited for you!

Wishing you luck as your final count down begins!!
    We'll all be there in spirit cheering you on

Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 LastLast