Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssBarbie View Post
    Hmmm......I wonder if Dave forgot about us women over here??
    How can I forget the hot and sultry Barbie??? Put the peanutbutter down, now!!
    Watch #askDave on RxMuscle.com. Catch previous episodes HERE

Default clen

Quote Originally Posted by huge285 View Post
    I read a ?? in one of the other threads that I thought I would ask over here in the ladies section..cuz I've often wondered about this: You say (on your diet) our heart rate should not go above 130bpm when doing cardio. However clen makes my heart beat very rapidly. So, even though the heart rate is already up due to "stimulants", we still need to keep it below 130 for cardio? Every morning, just going up the stairs to get to a treadmill at my gym shoots my HR up to 153 or so!! When I'm not on the clen, my HR stays very low, in fact it's normally hard to even get it up to 153!! Any suggestions??

DP: After the first 5-7 days on clenbuterol you shouldn’t notice any increase in heart rate or stimulant effects. How much are you taking? Are you taking it everyday?
    Yes, I'm taking it every day...like u told me to...80mcg/day...20mcg 4x It's been alot more than 5-7 days...more like 13 weeks???? I'm REALLY struggling bc my HR is elevated. It's especially hard when I'm practicing my routine. It feels like my heart is just gonna explode right out of my chest...high intensity I know, but a low intensity fitness routine would be ridiculous!! LOL

Dave? Can you explain again why you suggest that competitors stop working "Legs" one week out from their comp?

PENCILNECK

Dave,

I've been on your diet for about 11 weeks and have lost alomost 20 lbs...feel awesome and look great too.

i dont compete...just a gym rat whose eating habits got way out of control.

I want to switch from "diet" mode to "maintenance" mode, but don't want any rebound. Currently i do 90 min of cardio a day, 7 days a week and lift 5 days a week.

Really want to stay on the diet, but is it okay for longterm?

...and, can i just switch from 90 min of cardio a day to 30 mins a day without some sort of "rebound". I guess i'm just worried that my body will freak out and the results i've worked my ass off for will be compromised..

Thanks in advance!!!!

Dave,
    While water retention seems very uncommon when cycling Var, what could be some possible causes of water retention if it does happen? (Diet, Cardio and Lifting maintained) Any alternatives or suggestions?
    Thanks.

last fall my wife was stuck at 6 wks out from a show(jr.new england's). she was doing the same old low carb stuff that she had done before but it wasn't working. So we switched to dave's diet for 2 weeks and things started happening. then we decided to have dave help her for the last 4wks. i was totally blown away at how great she looked so quick. I know a lot of people probable come here thinking hey i will just copy his diet and go from there. but he had her do things in her diet that i didn't think she could do. becasue we were short on time, at 2 wks out dave had her do 5pv to 1pf. and the last week it was 6pv to 1pf. this is just one of the things he did. if any of you ladies are on the fence about hiring him you won't regret it.

oh by the way she ended up winning the masters and placing 2nd in open short. the judges said she was too muscular.... lol

Dave? Can you explain again why you suggest that competitors stop working "Legs" one week out from their comp?
    DP: When you train your legs you draw blood and fluid to the area for recovery and this blurs muscle separation. Similarly, the leg musculature takes approximately 7 days to “heal” and recover such that you can see deep, hard, separation in the muscle fibers.
    ____
    I've been on your diet for about 11 weeks and have lost almost 20 lbs...feel awesome and look great too.

I don’t compete...just a gym rat whose eating habits got way out of control.

I want to switch from "diet" mode to "maintenance" mode, but don't want any rebound. Currently i do 90 min of cardio a day, 7 days a week and lift 5 days a week.

Really want to stay on the diet, but is it okay for longterm?

...and, can i just switch from 90 min of cardio a day to 30 mins a day without some sort of "rebound". I guess i'm just worried that my body will freak out and the results i've worked my ass off for will be compromised.

DP: You can stay on the diet long term if you maintain your weekly cheat meal. Going down to 30min cardio should be fine. Just pay attention to your body and adjust accordingly.
    ____
    Dave, do you recommend any particular types of cardio during contest prep to decrease body fat? I usually use the stairmill but sometimes I feel like running on the treadmill. I've been told too much running can make your legs look stringy.
    DP: I suggest low intensity cardio for longer durations. Keep your heart rate under 130 bpm (100-120 is probably ideal). This is the best intensity level for burningexclusively fat and retaining muscle.
    ____
    While water retention seems very uncommon when cycling Var, what could be some possible causes of water retention if it does happen? (Diet, Cardio and Lifting maintained) Any alternatives or suggestions?
    DP: Some women do get a little bloated from Anavar. As long as it doesn’t get too bad, you should just deal with it. With time your body will adjust and you water balance will normalize.
    ____

Banned

Smile Timing

Quote Originally Posted by Dros View Post
    For a 130lb+ Female

MEAL #1
    2 whole (OMEGA-3) Eggs with 6 egg whites

MEAL #2
    35g Whey protein Isolate with 1 tablespoon all natural peanut butter

MEAL #3
    6oz chicken (ostrich, or turkey) with 1/4-cup (1oz) cashew nuts, or almonds, or walnuts (vary it)

MEAL #4
    5oz salmon, swordfish, or RED MEAT with a green salad (no tomatoes, red peppers, or carrots) with 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil or Mac Nut Oil and vinegar

MEAL #5
    35g Whey Protein Isolate with 1 tablespoon all natural peanut butter or 2 whole (OMEGA-3) EGGS with 6 whites

**** You should have a cheat meal once per week (in place of meal #5).

How far apart should the meals be? I wake up at 5:30am, then work from 7 - 5 with 15-20 min cardio at lunch about 4 days a week. I do my strength training in the evenings, the sometimes go to bed around midnight. Should I be adding another meal? I am also taking Hydroxycut Hardcore. Look forward to your answer.
    Last edited by Cutting it up; 02-26-2009 at 09:46 AM. Reason: question sounded funny

Last fall my wife was stuck at 6 wks out from a show(jr.new england's). She was doing the same old low carb stuff that she had done before but it wasn't working. So we switched to dave's diet for 2 weeks and things started happening. then we decided to have dave help her for the last 4wks. i was totally blown away at how great she looked so quick. I know a lot of people probable come here thinking hey i will just copy his diet and go from there. but he had her do things in her diet that i didn't think she could do. Because we were short on time, at 2 wks out Dave had her do 5pv to 1pf. and the last week it was 6pv to 1pf. this is just one of the things he did. If any of you ladies are on the fence about hiring him you won't regret it.

Oh by the way she ended up winning the masters and placing 2nd in open short. The judges said she was too muscular.... lol
    DP: thanks for the kind words.

Banned

That's cool. I'll have to check out about having him do a custom meal plan

ARNOLD LIKE

Quote Originally Posted by Cutting it up View Post
    How far apart should the meals be? I wake up at 5:30am, then work from 7 - 5 with 15-20 min cardio at lunch about 4 days a week. I do my strength training in the evenings, the sometimes go to bed around midnight. Should I be adding another meal? I am also taking Hydroxycut Hardcore. Look forward to your answer.
    You don't need to add an extra meal. Just space them out better. You should also make an effort to get more sleep. I know it can be difficult, but try to make everything more efficient and see if you can scratch out and extra hour.

If you are absolutely dying of hunger, add in an extra shake. This is a last resort.

Dave, Im 8 weeks out from a show and struggling with losing bodyfat, im doing over and hrs cardio before breakfast (6.30am mmmm nice) and then again after weights in the evening and still my bodyfat is NOT budging, im currently following a low carb diet (im starving ha), is it too late now to switch to your keto diet in time for the show?

many thanks mia xxx

Dave, Im 8 weeks out from a show and struggling with losing bodyfat, im doing over and hrs cardio before breakfast (6.30am mmmm nice) and then again after weights in the evening and still my bodyfat is NOT budging, im currently following a low carb diet (im starving ha), is it too late now to switch to your keto diet in time for the show?
    DP: It’s not too late, but with this short time frame you can’t pull my basic diet off the web and expect to get results. You need the expertise behind the diet plan to make the changes to get you ready quickly.

I'm wondering what you typically would recomend with a womans diet up to the comp. I've been having amazing results from following your diet and I'm now 4 weeks out. I plan to keep the diet all to the comp and want to ask you: Should I carb up? if so how many carbs, and when? Should I cut the water? if so, when?

Quote Originally Posted by huge285 View Post
    DP: It’s not too late, but with this short time frame you can’t pull my basic diet off the web and expect to get results. You need the expertise behind the diet plan to make the changes to get you ready quickly.

Hey Dave how can I get more info on our training and rates etc.. thanks

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast