Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NPC Figure Competitor Riana Rohmann's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mpalleyne View Post
    Cool pics Riana!!
    THanks! I wish I got more, but it was super packed!

Monday Monday....Its a holiday and since I work with Marines, I am off! But I have a client I am training at 0900 and I wanted to make sure I did my AM cardio. I have a little gym in my community, but the treadmills electrocute me (ok, probably just a bad shock, but sometimes its so bad that it shorts out the treadmill!! so annoying), the elliptical is awful, and there is no stepper, so I am resigned to the bike. And I am not doing 800 calories of biking everyday. Yuk. So I drove my hubs to work at 0445, and made the 20 minute trek to my gym on base. The good news is, I have a KEY so I get to work out all by myself in the mornings since on holidays and weekends, the gym doesn't open till 0800. So I did my cardio, and now I am killing time before I get my son out of bed and go train my client. My son plays with hers whilst we train, so its a good deal.

Then gym session #2 at 1pm, which includes my weights, and one more cardio session tonight, which will be the bike.

129 lbs this AM, and that's the day AFTER high carb Sunday so I think that's pretty good! 2 training weeks left until peak week! I hope I can get to 126 by then, so that way I don't have to stress about dropping water too much. This is by far the most demanding prep I have had, but it has yielded the best results and I am super stoked!
    YOU are your biggest competition. YOU are the only thing holding yourself back, and YOU are the only thing that can push yourself beyond obstacles to become YOUR best.
    Find me on Facebook! www.facebook.com/rianarohmannfit

Hey Riana!

Loving your journal so far!

Glad you are feeling better!

I second Tracy on that ab vein! Super cool! Who would think it...but we are so stoked when the veins start a poppin'! I know my students & faculty think I am a nut when I show them how vascular my arms get! lol!

Since you have been posting "square of truth" numbers (aka weight) I was curious to know how tall you are?

Sorry to hear about your car! Suffice to say car woes suck! Especially with all the costs associated with contest prep & competition day! Last week my truck tangled with a tanker & lost! At least I was not injured & my truck is drivable. Will be getting it inspected for repair later this week. The upside is that I should not have to pay a deductible because the tanker driver got ticketed and was at fault. Keeping finger crossed on that!

Anywho! Keep on killing it! With only 4 weeks to go, it looks like you've got this! I also second Big Sexy! It would be cool to see your training in action!

Much respect!
    Elise

Hey there!

You're looking great so far! The time is approaching! Will you be doing any more competitions this year?

Quote Originally Posted by curvygirl View Post
    Hey Riana!

Loving your journal so far!

Glad you are feeling better!

I second Tracy on that ab vein! Super cool! Who would think it...but we are so stoked when the veins start a poppin'! I know my students & faculty think I am a nut when I show them how vascular my arms get! lol!

Since you have been posting "square of truth" numbers (aka weight) I was curious to know how tall you are?

Sorry to hear about your car! Suffice to say car woes suck! Especially with all the costs associated with contest prep & competition day! Last week my truck tangled with a tanker & lost! At least I was not injured & my truck is drivable. Will be getting it inspected for repair later this week. The upside is that I should not have to pay a deductible because the tanker driver got ticketed and was at fault. Keeping finger crossed on that!

Anywho! Keep on killing it! With only 4 weeks to go, it looks like you've got this! I also second Big Sexy! It would be cool to see your training in action!

Much respect!
    Elise
    Hey Elise! I am 5'6". SO I am stoked about my 129. Last time I was on stage (blue suit from above) I was 128 (maybe 127) so my goal this time is 123-124ish. I dont want to have to rely on that water weight loss at the end. I want my bodyfat to be low enough to matter, and then amaybe a couple pounds of water on top of that to really keep me lean. I look Okay in the blue suit, but my glute hams are NO WHERE near where they should be. I feel this time around, I am much closer! Thanks for following

Quote Originally Posted by sce0027 View Post
    Hey there!

You're looking great so far! The time is approaching! Will you be doing any more competitions this year?
    I usually do 1 competition, then take like 3 months off, and do another, so 2 a year (this is my 4th competition coming up) but I would rather take a longer off-season to really work on improvements, and stay in season and do a few shows. If I am already dieted and maintaining without difficulty, might as well continue. So I will do Feb 9th, then March 16th in San Diego, and possibly even the Cals in April with my coach Meriza and friend Francine Sablan (both competing pro figure). If I win an overall at any of these shows, then I will shoot for a National show. I will probably do USAs, but if I can get the funding to do South Carolina, I will Here is too looking for a sponsor!

Thanks for the interest
    YOU are your biggest competition. YOU are the only thing holding yourself back, and YOU are the only thing that can push yourself beyond obstacles to become YOUR best.

Good deal! You definitely have the determination and tenacity to achieve great things this year. Looking forward to tracking your progress this year!

This morning after cardio and before food, I was 128.5, so still dropping. 1.5 training weeks left!

I work at a gym, so usually getting my workouts in is no problem, but we are doing massive construction for the next 2 weeks, so we need all our manpower monitoring exits, creating a new entrance, manually checking people in, etc. So working outon my shift is no longer an option. I can still do my early morning cardio, but I will do my mid-day cardio and weights right after I am off at 1pm, then i will finish in the evening with my coach and last cardio bout. Gotta stay motivated!

Goal is 126 lbs by Feb 2. that way I just have to drop a couple pounds of water, and not worry about the fat. Last time I started my water depletion in peak week, I weighed 132. (or 131), so I already have 3-4 lbs extra fat gone. i know I have gained muscle too since last time, becuase I took a 9 month off-season to lift. Yay!

Great progress Riana! I'm competing in July...possibly in Jun, but not sure if my work schedule will allow. As it gets closer I'll definitely attend a posing session with Meriza and Francine..will probably see you there at Worlds

IFBB Pro & Physique Critique Judge IslandGirl's Avatar

Excited for your big day! Keep the focus beautiful!
    LiquidSunRayz Sponsored Athlete
    www.tracybodner.com

Thanks for all the Inspiring words! Its ladies like you that completely motivate me

I had a day of exhaustion yesterday. I had my frist leg day with Meriza since being sick on tuesday, and man it was a killer. Being this close to a show, low carb and dieted, let's just say my performance was less than par. I hate feeling weak, and I failed on a few reps and I got so frustrated I started crying (not like bawling, I have some dignity, but tears of frustration). Not to mention I had a shitty day on Tuesday. The Federal govt started garnishing my wages becuase I owe $700 on taxes. I need all my money to feed the family and pay for this show. I was so mad when I went to register, and my money wasnt in my acct. When I called the IRS, even they said "WHy are we garnishing you for $700??" I was like "YOU TELL ME??" Plus my poor car is cost up to $3000 now, from $2500. Its just one thing after another....So yesterday I pretty much collapsed. Only did AM cardio, trained my clients, then slept the rest of the day...

BUT today is a new day. I feel revitalized. I can handle all that life throws at me. My husband and I are returning the TV I got for us. He says my show is more important than a TV in our room that we barely use. We mostly just go in there to escape the roomates...Its all good though. We lived without one for 9 years, we can do it for a few more months. The IRS stopped garnishing if I promised to pay by May, and my sister in law lent us the extra for our car. Just got to keep a positive outlook.

still 128.5 today, but like I said, I didnt do anything yesteday. Feeling much better though!

IFBB Pro & Physique Critique Judge IslandGirl's Avatar

Sorry to hear all that is happening right now. Keep your chin up girl! Try to see the positive in all of this as hard as it is.
    LiquidSunRayz Sponsored Athlete
    www.tracybodner.com

Thanks Tracy I just keep my head up and keep on truckin'. LOL
    Had my assessment with Meriza today, and Pete (Ciconne) came in to examine too. We are currently discussing carb loading before the show. I guess even though I am depleated today, I still look pretty full, so they want to see me again tomorrow after my carb load today and see how I look then, that way they can decide how or if they will load me. I love that they think of everything! Like a dress rehearsal! Great coaches!

I will attach some progress pics here shortly. The first set is from Dec 17th, and last set is from today. I NEVER post these because I am usually too embarrased, but I am excited now! Even my butt is starting to come together, which it NEVER looks good!

Weight this AM: 126.5

These are from Dec 17th...I think I was like 135-137ish

Dec 17th 1.jpgDec 17th 3.jpg

These are from Jan 27th (126.5)

Jan 27th 3.jpgJan 27th 2.jpgJan 27th 4.jpg

RX MEMBER

Great work
    excellent improvement in legs, I especially like your calf definition

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by Riana Rohmann View Post
    So there is nothing more humbilizing than getting an accurate heart rate monitor and realizing how many calories you are NOT burning. I knew the cardio machines were off, but 40%!?! DANG. Now I have to really ramp up my cardio! No wonder I wasnt losing as quickly as I thought. Oh well, just under 5 weeks out! (4 if you dont count the last week) and I have about 8 more lbs to lose of fat. Then its just water play .
    Do you recommend a certain type of heart monitor I am thinking of getting the polar FT7.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast