RX MEMBER

Default Anavar + Clen First Cycle - Advice =)

Hello all,

I am looking to do my first every cycle, and was wanting to check i'm on the right track with my research amongst some very knowledgeable people.

Stats: 25years, 5'2 height, 148lb BW

Training: Powerlifting for 1.5 years

Current Diet/Training: Training 4 x times a week. Main 3 compound exercises (+ second bench day) + body part split accessories relating to compound.
    1700 cals (1900 training days) - 40/20/40 (P/C/F) - carbs higher on training days.

Past AS use: None

Goals/Compete: To gain LBM, decrease BF, increase strength
    Currently (raw lifts) - 330lb squat, 160lb bench, 330lb deadlift

Wanting to increase these lifts, and essentially take it "to the next level", also hoping to change weight div category. Currently in 148lb div, next down is 132lb div. Short term comp goals is State Titles in April, Nationals in June and long term (main) goal is Worlds Championships in September.

I am looking at running a 10wk anavar + clen cycle.
    Starting on 5mg anavar for first 7 - 10 days to assess sides, and then increase to 10mg (1/2 in morning, 1/2 at night). I am still researching into clen dosage stacked with anavar, but looking at 25mcg per day, and tapering up dependant on sides.. (open to any suggestions or even article recommendations).

From what I have read/researched, it looks like I don't need to worry about PCT, or tapering at this low dosage? I will be getting bloods done before hand though, checking kidney and liver functions (because i'm overly cautious, haha). However i've seen a few suggestions of OTC liver supports?

I am looking at running this in the 10 weeks leading up to State Titles (so would be starting in a week), then allowing a 2 1/2 month break in the lead up to Nationals, and if all goes well with this cycle, running a second (perhaps slightly longer - 14 weeks?) cycle in the lead up to Worlds in September.

I guess I am just looking to make sure I am on the right track, have picked the best AS for my goals, and in general have somewhere to ask questions and check in along the way!..

Any comments or suggestions much appreciated! Also please let me know if i've left any information out or require further info.. Thank you!! =)
    Last edited by Donuts; 01-19-2013 at 09:55 AM.

IFBB Pro & Senior Forum Administrator tammyp's Avatar

personally i dont see the need for the clen. the anavar the way your dosing is correct. i would add milk thistle for liver support as well. for your second run you could simply go to 20 mg. and that should serve you well. if you really want to run the clen, start at 25 mg. and gradually increase to 75 daily, i wouldnt take it it too late in the day to not interupt your sleep. taper down in same manner.
    APS HI TECH PHARMACEUTICALS ATHLETE
    Hersuppz.com code TAMMY
    www.team-tammyfitness.com
    pushpullgrind.com code TEAM TAMMY

I would also start w/ the anavar cycle. There's a catch-22 to trying to lean out but not lose strength for your purposes. For bodybuilding competition, you expect to feel weak as shit by the time you hit your target date - but you don't want to do that. I don't know that clen is exactly a miracle drug, especially for women when it comes to making the difference in dropping fat - its going to start w/ your diet and then it will support that -but typically comes at the cost of finding the amount that doesn't compromise your sleep.

Only thing additional w/ the proposed anavar stack is to include acidophilus as any AAS can promote yeast infections which is just something you don't want to deal with. And just pay attention to how you respond to the var in terms of water retention. If you need to drop some water weight towards your target date, drop the var cycle at 10-14 days out and your body will process out the water once the compound is no longer driving it.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

RX MEMBER

Much appreciated on the replies!

I'm glad i'm on the right track with the Anavar cycle, and will definitely get some milk thistle and acidophilus tabs (agreed, they are not fun to deal with! Haha).

In regards to the clen, from the reading I've come across, a lot stated that clen also had a strength enhancing effect along with the fat burning. A couple of sites I was reading though did state the opposite. Most seemed to recommend a 2 week on, 2 week off protocol in regards to it. I will keep reading more on it, and appreciate your thoughts on it!

Also thank you for the tip in regards to the water retention! I think this time around I won't be so concerned about it, as its only States and don't expect/nor want to drop to the weight category below in such a short period of time - but will definitely take this in account for the cycle for worlds, where I have a lot more time to play with in the lead up as well.

Thanks again! =)

I'm not totally sure where you're reading the stuff about clen - it claims to have an anti-catabolic effect (i.e. not going to cost you muscle as part of its "fat burning". I would not be looking to it as a point of increasing strength. It is not an anabolic. Also it begs the question of what is the agent that is doing the "strength increase" and what happens to it over time as each dose is introduced, if the effect is sustained, etc. Maybe a boost in energy or something. I dunno .. LOL!

I don't really have any knowledge that says the 2 weeks on /off protocol or continuous. Dave tends to like continuous. Other trainers I've spoken with go w/ the 2 on / off. I think the more important thing is if you choose to run a clen cycle, that you pick one and stick to it. But I think I still agree w/ Tammy's earlier comment that you don't really need it if you're not ultra concerned about tightening up as if for a bodybuilding show. My personal opinion is that for everything you're doing, it is all geared towards being the strongest on your competition day. "Strongest" means optimal in combination of strength & weight (optimal body mass to sustain the strength) as well as energy - clen is frequently characterized by jitters and stress / anxiety / feeling tweaked out. IMO (again my opinion), that's going to affect the quality of your sleep going into your competition. You can try it (I would also be sure to do this experimentation further out from your target date than closer) and see how you respond to whatever stuff you get and maybe spend time finding the dosing that you're comfortable at, but for your goals, I don't feel its worth the effort - the cost of it on the quality of your "recovery" (sleep, stress levels) may negate whatever gains you make in terms of fat loss driven by it.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

IFBB Pro & Senior Forum Administrator tammyp's Avatar

sassy made some excellent points here w the clen. IMO as well its simply not worth it considering what the end goal is here...strength. i also have never found it to be all its cracked up to be.
    APS HI TECH PHARMACEUTICALS ATHLETE
    Hersuppz.com code TAMMY
    www.team-tammyfitness.com
    pushpullgrind.com code TEAM TAMMY

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts View Post
    Hello all,

I am looking to do my first every cycle, and was wanting to check i'm on the right track with my research amongst some very knowledgeable people.

Stats: 25years, 5'2 height, 148lb BW

Training: Powerlifting for 1.5 years

Current Diet/Training: Training 4 x times a week. Main 3 compound exercises (+ second bench day) + body part split accessories relating to compound.
    1700 cals (1900 training days) - 40/20/40 (P/C/F) - carbs higher on training days.

Past AS use: None

Goals/Compete: To gain LBM, decrease BF, increase strength
    Currently (raw lifts) - 330lb squat, 160lb bench, 330lb deadlift

Wanting to increase these lifts, and essentially take it "to the next level", also hoping to change weight div category. Currently in 148lb div, next down is 132lb div. Short term comp goals is State Titles in April, Nationals in June and long term (main) goal is Worlds Championships in September.

I am looking at running a 10wk anavar + clen cycle.
    Starting on 5mg anavar for first 7 - 10 days to assess sides, and then increase to 10mg (1/2 in morning, 1/2 at night). I am still researching into clen dosage stacked with anavar, but looking at 25mcg per day, and tapering up dependant on sides.. (open to any suggestions or even article recommendations).

From what I have read/researched, it looks like I don't need to worry about PCT, or tapering at this low dosage? I will be getting bloods done before hand though, checking kidney and liver functions (because i'm overly cautious, haha). However i've seen a few suggestions of OTC liver supports?

I am looking at running this in the 10 weeks leading up to State Titles (so would be starting in a week), then allowing a 2 1/2 month break in the lead up to Nationals, and if all goes well with this cycle, running a second (perhaps slightly longer - 14 weeks?) cycle in the lead up to Worlds in September.

I guess I am just looking to make sure I am on the right track, have picked the best AS for my goals, and in general have somewhere to ask questions and check in along the way!..

Any comments or suggestions much appreciated! Also please let me know if i've left any information out or require further info.. Thank you!! =)
    Interested to hear how your progress goes with the Anavar! Please keep us updated

I too am a Powerlifter, been training as a powerlifter for about a year now ( was weight training before for ~3years), and I have my heart set on also taking it to the next level. I plan to spend this year really consolidating my strength and weight (recently dropped down to 63kg class) before I decide to do an Anavarcycle next year.

Areyour numbers raw or geared?

RX MEMBER

Sorry I just saw that you indicated the numbers were raw. Nicework! Doyou haveany specific numbers you want to hit after the cycle/ over the next few months?