Thread: Anavar Cycle

RX MEMBER

Default Anavar Cycle

Hi everyone! I wanted to share my experience running anavar and ask a few questions as well.

Amount: 10 mg (may have been a little more because I think it was overdosed)
    Duration: 6 weeks

Positive effects:

-Crazy pumps
    -Slightly more energy
    -Slightly faster recovery
    -Looked a little fuller and felt a little denser (so hopefully a decent increase in muscle mass but I cant really tell until I diet down because my bodyfat is kinda high right now)

Negative effects:

-Slight increase in hair growth
    -Mild acne
    -Slight change in singing voice (can't sing as high, but that doesn't bother me because my singing was already terrible lol)
    -Huge increase in irritability/anger!! (I was always mad about something, but naturally I'm very calm and laid back so I kind of thought the change was amusing)
    -**Complete inability to orgasm and complete lack of sex drive** this was the hardest side effect for me to deal with. When I did have sex I could not orgasm... I always felt close because of increased sensitivity but absolutely could not orgasm. I also had a real dislike for my boyfriend during this time due to the irritability (this part was hard to deal with as well)... but I don't think that was related because my inability to orgasm felt purely physiological.

So... I'm wondering if anyone else experienced low sex drive as well? Also I did not notice an increase in strength which was something I was hoping for... is strength increase more common with other compounds? Is there an average for how much muscle a women gains on an anavar cycle (assuming diet and training are on point)? And what's the longest you'd recommend running anavar (for my next cycle)?

Hello & welcome to RX!

Thanks for sharing your experience! Anavar doesn't convert to estrogen (aromatize) which is one of the things that makes it an "easier" compound to work with. In other words, it is not an inherent characteristic of this AAS to produce water retention, maybe more mood swings, etc. HOWEVER, it is not uncommon to experience estrogenic responses to it - this includes some water retention. You don't hear much about mood swings, voice change, hair growth very often with it. You mentioned that your particular brand is probably overdosed. I'm wondering if there's any chance it isn't actually anavar and might be something else? Also usually you hear about increased sensitivity and increased sex drive. Not sure I've heard about the non-orgasm part. If that is different from your normal performance, might be something else going on.

I would tell you to run a var cycle more like 10-12 weeks for the effort and stress on your body. The best gains retention is w/ what your body has had time to to adapt to - not just the change in muscle strength resulting from the steroid cycle, but also the weak links - the tendons, ligaments and joints that also have to support the increased weight you are probably lifting. In some cases a compound will also support them, but generally no. Additionally your overall metabolism would need time to adjust to the change in body composition resulting from the cycle. For all of these, given that anavar takes about 2 weeks to really 'show itself', you can easily run a low dose cycle for much longer than 6 weeks, and also give your body that time to accommodate the change all the way downstream.

One thing that I'm still wondering about is w/ what sounds like more aggressive sides than you normally hear about w/ anavar, are you sure you're actually using anavar and not something else? Any way you can find out or post what brand (if there is a brand) that you're using? Was kinda thinking there might be an off chance it is actually dbol? The mood swings, voice change, etc. seem like they might be more in line w/ something that aromatizes, like dbol. If that' is the case, its probably a good thing you ran it for only 6 weeks. Anyway, just makes me wonder a little.

Here's some stuff about anavar for ya:
    (sorry some of the formatting got lost in copy /paste)

Anavar (Oxandrolone)

Anavar is probably the most commonly used AAS by women, for physique competition or by women who "want to go to the next level". It might be used by figure competitors for off-season building with an appropriate diet, or during contest prep for cutting, preservation of muscle during a cutting diet, and improved recovery.

Anavar promotes lean muscle mass with minimal sides and occasional water retention. It is a oral steroid, though used in small enough doses that its impact on the liver is minimal for women. It is also attractive to women and beginners who are not interested in dealing with needles. The predictable and minimal sides are also attractive points to those not wanting to deal with the more individual and androgenic sides of most other AAS.

Typical Cycle

Dose: 10 mg / day - split the dose 1/2 in the AM, 1/2 in the PM
    Duration: 10-14 weeks

No need to taper down the dose or follow with post cycle therapy (PCT).
    It is generally suggested to start the cycle at 5 mg / day (splitting doses as above) for the first 10-14 days to identify any adverse reaction. After that time, you can increase to 10 mg / day.

Suggested maximum dose is 20 mg / day (though more is not better - often 10 mg is sufficient). As the dose increases, sides may increase and results don't necessarily increase. Anecdotally, if the cycler is interested in going to doses above 20 mg, the sides can begin to accumulate and the impact on your liver becomes more of a consideration. Based on this and the cost (anavar is typically one of the more expensive compounds), if you are looking for more aggressive results, this is the point where people will move to a more aggressive, cheaper, injectable compound.

Typical Sides

interrupted period / flow - may take a few months for the flow to come back as normal. Note this does NOT mean you won’t get pregnant.
    you may still experience usual menstrual sides (cramps, bloating, etc.) on your regular menstrual schedule
    mild acne
    Clitoral enlargement and increased sensitivity
    oily hair
    some experience water retention (though not due to aromatization)
    may cause vaginosis / yeast infection (most any AAS has this potential)
    occasionally people experience nose bleeds
    Last edited by sassy69; 01-26-2013 at 01:27 AM.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

IFBB Pro & Senior Forum Administrator tammyp's Avatar

i agree w sassy here ...i really dont believe you had var...sounds more like d bol IMO.
    APS HI TECH PHARMACEUTICALS ATHLETE
    Hersuppz.com code TAMMY
    www.team-tammyfitness.com
    pushpullgrind.com code TEAM TAMMY

RX MEMBER

Thank you for the responses sassy69 and tammy p! I wonder if it actually was dbol. I know other people who ran the same one without the sides that I had though...

RX MEMBER

Hello There ,

It is my first time posting in here. I have read this website from the past 2 weeks since I decided to look into AAS in order to speed up my process. However , I feel like im in the wrong place LoL everyone here sounds like they are competing , they have been competing at some point or they are trying to get ready to start competing for the first time.

However , thats not my case and so Im still a bit confused.

Here it goes. 10 years ago i used to go to the gym and train hard during my early 20s and before that , the workout circuits , the machines , everything has changed. I have tried winstrol ( injection ) , clenbuterol ( pills ) and other stuff that I dont even record the names anymore. I was waaaay too younge and used whatever my friends from the gym said it was good. The drugs back then were different , my body was different and well , I was hot.

Im about to turn 31 , a bit over weight and havent been to the gym much in the past years ( personal problems not physical ) however im already back to the gym , working on my cardio 5 days a week, got a personal trainer , follow a regular diet and taking L carnitina 1 cap before shake in the morning and 1 before lunch.

My diet is not as rigorous as all of you tho but im losing weight slowly. I do not have all the knowledge of what to eat and how to eat in order to lose fat and gain muscle instead, its SO MANY different diets , everyone say something different. Anyways, its called visalus , not sure if any of you know but its basically a shake with fruits in the morning and dinner , i have snacks between meals like those organics rice cakes , cottage cheese or something else and a regular meal , chicken and rice , tuna etc. Lots of water and im addicted to green tea.

Im 5'7 . 153lb 30 years. 25% body fat.

I do not need to lose a lot of weight. If you see me in my jeans you ( as a normal person not as a bodybuilder obviously lol )would say that I look great as many of my friends say BUT naked is a different story ..im soft , no much muscle !! I want to tone up but not getting bigger or going up on my size , if you know what I mean . I also dont like to be like too muscle , could I say im a recreational athlete who wants to look good in a bikini but not looking like someone who intend to be a bodybuilder??

Well .. Im doing 3x a week fullbody workout and the other days cardio. I also started kickboxing once a week. A friend told me to take anavar , other said winstrol , other said winstrol and T3 together . My confusion is that all 3 of them are in great shape , body builders and they seem to know a lot about it but at the same time dont get in common sense of what it suits me best

All I want is to look good in my 30s during this summer and Im willing to do whatever its necessary to speed up the process with less side effects as possible.

Any help ?

Thanks

Steroids are male hormones --> promote lean muscle mass. If you're not lean already, throwing in steroids is actually going to build muscle (since it is male hormones) and end result is you start getting "thick". The leaning out is all about diet, training, cardio , recovery.

To be very honest - there's nothing in your description that would make me feel like you're really hitting the real potential to get results. You're saying your diet is mediocre and you train a couple times a week. Eh. Add steroids into that and I guarantee you'll just be thicker.

When we talk about competition prep, steroids, though not required to compete, do play into it heavily into retaining muscle and promoting recovery while on a very rigid & intense diet & training protocol. And the other assumption is that you're targeting a particular day to hit a certain look, and the day after that, you don't need to maintain it- so its a different mindset & expectation from what you're talking about. The steroids are supporting an already optimized and very intense program. It is the optimized & intense program that is producing the results. The drugs are not going to do the heavy lifting if the program isn't already producing.

Frankly I don't think you need anything except to up the ante on the training. You didn't say what your cardio regimen is so I can't make any suggestions there. If you've been doing the 3 day full body thing for a while, I would change that up to at least an upper body /lower body split and lift like a mutherfucker. It woudl also be very useful if you can post up the details of your current diet. Do as follows:

meal 1: 8 am
    1/2 c oats
    4 egg whites + 1 whole

Meal 2: 11 am
    4 oz chicken
    2 cups spinach salad

etc.

And then put it into a food counts program like www. fitday.com and post up the total calories and macronutrient breakout: % & grams of protein / fat / carbs. The purpose of this is to quantify what you're actually eating. Most people think they are eating 'good' or 'clean" and then realize they are eating too much, not enough, whatever. I would point you to the Body for Life program. You don't need to eat the EAS products, but the structure of the diet allows you to make your own food choices but gives guidance on the portions / amounts. Particularly if you're eating randomly, you're just not goign to get 'fast' results.

You want speeded up results, but I bet your current program is what is going to keep you from doing that. And steriods IMO are going to fuck it up and basically leave you "thick". I wouldn't even waste time with this conversation.

I would post up your current diet IN DETAIL and then we can see where it can be optimized. START HERE. Best response you can get here. The reason "bodybuilders" & competitors know more about steroids is because the diet & training is already extremely optimized and regularly revisited to continue tweaking for results.
    Last edited by sassy69; 02-14-2013 at 10:24 AM.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

RX MEMBER

To the op, I've run anavar only cycles twice, from two different sources. Both times I experienced irritability, and both times noticed a very slight deepening of voice and super slight increase of hair. Both times I was positive it was anavar, and I was on a 5/5 mg ed split for total of 10 mg/day. Everyone's different and some people are more sensitive to sides on different compounds, even var. It would be a good thing to check and make sure what you have is really var like Sassy questioned, but it wouldn't be totally unheard of for you to have those sides if you're extremely sensitive to it.

RX MEMBER

I did not loose my sex drive however it does always take a bit of a hit when on a var cycle... I have never lost my ability to orgasm.

i wondered if it had something to do with my natural horemone levels leading me to have such a high sex drive, that squewing the balance calmed it down.

[QUOTE=tryingtogetbig;1840644
    -**Complete inability to orgasm and complete lack of sex drive** this was the hardest side effect for me to deal with. When I did have sex I could not orgasm... I always felt close because of increased sensitivity but absolutely could not orgasm. I also had a real dislike for my boyfriend during this time due to the irritability (this part was hard to deal with as well)... but I don't think that was related because my inability to orgasm felt purely physiological.

So... I'm wondering if anyone else experienced low sex drive as well? Also I did not notice an increase in strength which was something I was hoping for... is strength increase more common with other compounds? Is there an average for how much muscle a women gains on an anavar cycle (assuming diet and training are on point)? And what's the longest you'd recommend running anavar (for my next cycle)?[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by r.angel View Post
    Hello There ,

It is my first time posting in here. I have read this website from the past 2 weeks since I decided to look into AAS in order to speed up my process. However , I feel like im in the wrong place LoL everyone here sounds like they are competing , they have been competing at some point or they are trying to get ready to start competing for the first time.

However , thats not my case and so Im still a bit confused.

Here it goes. 10 years ago i used to go to the gym and train hard during my early 20s and before that , the workout circuits , the machines , everything has changed. I have tried winstrol ( injection ) , clenbuterol ( pills ) and other stuff that I dont even record the names anymore. I was waaaay too younge and used whatever my friends from the gym said it was good. The drugs back then were different , my body was different and well , I was hot.

Im about to turn 31 , a bit over weight and havent been to the gym much in the past years ( personal problems not physical ) however im already back to the gym , working on my cardio 5 days a week, got a personal trainer , follow a regular diet and taking L carnitina 1 cap before shake in the morning and 1 before lunch.

My diet is not as rigorous as all of you tho but im losing weight slowly. I do not have all the knowledge of what to eat and how to eat in order to lose fat and gain muscle instead, its SO MANY different diets , everyone say something different. Anyways, its called visalus , not sure if any of you know but its basically a shake with fruits in the morning and dinner , i have snacks between meals like those organics rice cakes , cottage cheese or something else and a regular meal , chicken and rice , tuna etc. Lots of water and im addicted to green tea.

Im 5'7 . 153lb 30 years. 25% body fat.

I do not need to lose a lot of weight. If you see me in my jeans you ( as a normal person not as a bodybuilder obviously lol )would say that I look great as many of my friends say BUT naked is a different story ..im soft , no much muscle !! I want to tone up but not getting bigger or going up on my size , if you know what I mean . I also dont like to be like too muscle , could I say im a recreational athlete who wants to look good in a bikini but not looking like someone who intend to be a bodybuilder??

Well .. Im doing 3x a week fullbody workout and the other days cardio. I also started kickboxing once a week. A friend told me to take anavar , other said winstrol , other said winstrol and T3 together . My confusion is that all 3 of them are in great shape , body builders and they seem to know a lot about it but at the same time dont get in common sense of what it suits me best

All I want is to look good in my 30s during this summer and Im willing to do whatever its necessary to speed up the process with less side effects as possible.

Any help ?

Thanks
    Sweetie ,you need to eat. use the Visalus between meals. too low calories and you will hold on to fat.ask them what they eat and when. keep going. nothing worthwhile takes overnight.