Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RX MEMBER

So I trained back, biceps, and abs today. My whole body was sore this morning especially my back and lats, so it was a little tough getting started, but I ended up having a great workout. I think my lats are sore from my shoulder workout tuesday, and I also think hot yoga did a number because I feel it from lower to upper, also shoulders, hams, and quads big time.

I liked the way I looked during my workout, more definition and muscles popping out, which is great motivation it itself.

For cardio I did my incline treadmill intervals...killed it!

Meals are spot on, water intake is consistently a gallon or more a day. I'm hoping these last 2 weeks will push me leaner than ever before and finally get rid of ALL of my pooch fat right underneath my belly button. And my butt of course too Anyways, I will just keep following the plan and let it do its work.

CRAPPY weather today!! Sleet, snow, rain...I thought winter was over for sure!! ...so my late clients cancelled and I got the afternoon off after my workout

I feel ya on the weather I thought it was spring but this gloomy weather is killing my mood. It sounds like you are on the right track and moving along..Stay focused, you're almost there!

RX MEMBER

Happy Sunday! Slept in until after 10:00 this morning!! Actually I woke up around 8 and then fell back asleep and felt really tired after I did that.

After a good posing practice session at the gym and some running around, packing up, moving from one house to another (starting to dog sit for someone else this week) grocery shopping, the usual, food prep is finally being done.

Sweet potatoes just came out of the oven...I did not have ONE bite!! keeping myself busy in between while things are cooking in the oven helps me not hover and pick, and I left my gum in this time

I'm so ghostly white in these pics!! I can't wait for my show tan! I will be doing it myself using Liquid Sunrayz. I decided not to do professional tanning at this show and save the money for my national shows. I have some tanning product left over from past years and I can use it up.

2 more weeks! Ready to kill it in the gym this week!

IMG_0915.jpgIMG_0916.jpgIMG_0917.jpgIMG_0918.jpgIMG_0919.jpg

You are looking awesome, it's all coming together! I too hate being pale, once you slap some tanner on, it makes a world of difference.

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by nic902 View Post
    You are looking awesome, it's all coming together! I too hate being pale, once you slap some tanner on, it makes a world of difference.
    Thanks nic902! I'm excited to see the final package I bring to the stage! and even more so for Jr. Nationals in 8 weeks, I know I'll be that much better

Weight was 128 this morning...headed back down, we'll see what this week brings.

Slow day at work, just a few clients as most of them are in Florida (jealous!!!)

Got my hair done, finally! Cut and colored, I love it. I'm excited because my hair dresser is coming to the show to do my hair and the other girls competing on our team. Her husband is also competing, who works out with my boyfriend...so my hair will look beautiful on stage and one thing less to worry about that morning.

I of course ruined the nicely styled fresh cut 2 hours after I got it done by sweating my butt off working legs...had a great workout. My right hammy is still feeling a little off, slightly pulled, so I didn't do any stiff legged deadlifts again because I just couldn't get the full benefit of the exercise with the deep stretch. Energy was good. Had a client after my workout then taught my Zumba class, so it was nice for that little recovery in between.

Time for meal 6...chicken, roasted broccoli, and avocado...my favorite
    Then sleep

RX MEMBER

This morning I got to sleep in, slept like a rock last night, and woke up with some sore abs! Actually it was mostly in my obliques which was surprising because I thought for sure it would be my lower abs that hurt after yesterday's workout.

I didn't do cardio after my weights yesterday and did hot yoga last night, so today was just cardio...intervals. I contemplated taking a complete rest day because my body felt beat down and the last thing I need is an injury, but then it would throw off my weekly schedule and I would be behind on my cardio, so I sucked it up and pushed through, got it done and out of the way. I did half on the arc trainer and half on the treadmill. Of course as soon as I got done I felt like I pulled a little something in my left hip flexor. I think it's just minor, hopefully it will get better so I can run intervals tomorrow!

Weight was back down to 126.4 this morning, felt nice and tight

Got my nails done today. Got my usual French, but had her put a coat of gold glitter on top of the white to add a little sparkle to match my gold suit. You can't really tell it's there, but I like it

We will be done dog sitting tomorrow, so I did a lot of running around today, but back at home tomorrow finally!!! Can't wait to sleep in my own bed again. We've been at different people's houses since April 1st straight. Home for peak week next week though, yay!

RX MEMBER

What's the best part about competing with your boyfriend???

You get to talk about shaving your legs together
    Just finished my last leg workout before the show followed by some incline walking. I was up 3 pounds today from yesterday only messing with my head a little bit....

With my history of doing sooo much cardio and the mindset that more is always better, one of my biggest challenges, especially as I get closer to a show, is to not do more and more like my natural instinct wants me to. One of the biggest things Kevin has taught me is to only do as much as is needed to get results, not as much as I can endure. When I find myself starting to do more, or get the urge to keep adding things, I have to remind myself that more is not always better.

5 days!

Yesterday's progress pics: 6 days out, 125 lbs
    IMG_0943.jpgIMG_0944.jpgIMG_0946.jpgIMG_0947.jpgIMG_0948.jpgIMG_0949.jpg

"only do as much as is needed to get results, not as much as I can endure. When I find myself starting to do more, or get the urge to keep adding things, I have to remind myself that more is not always better." <---LOVE THIS! Something I need to remind myself of as well.
    Last edited by nic902; 04-22-2013 at 10:39 PM.

RX MEMBER

My weight was back down to 125.4 this morning, but for some reason I feel softer today! Not liking it, but I know I will keep getting tighter and tighter as the week goes on and I fill out.
    I start to carb up tomorrow actually my energy was pretty good today during my intervals and then teaching Zumba tonight.

I've got all my potatoes cooked and weighed out, tomorrow I will cook my chicken, some tilapia possibly, and a little beef for the next few days.

Last workout tomorrow.

Dan and I just decided to spend the money and book an appointment with the professional tanning service Friday night. This way we don't have to worry about doing 4 coats over the course of the day or worry if we are dark enough. I've only had it done professionally once before at nationals last year, it definitely makes life easier and saves time.

I've done my own tan before and if you've got the extra $, spraying is the way to go! One less thing to worry about and it always looks flawless.

RX MEMBER

Welcome to Rx, sounds like you have been a bit of a journey, its interesting because more and more I am reading about competitors with metabolic damage. Do you think there is a more "healthy" approach to contest prep today than a few years back?

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by broadys View Post
    Welcome to Rx, sounds like you have been a bit of a journey, its interesting because more and more I am reading about competitors with metabolic damage. Do you think there is a more "healthy" approach to contest prep today than a few years back?
    Absolutely!! I think back to what I was doing a couple of years ago and I don't know how I did it! Besides the 60 minute zumba class I teach, I haven't done more than 45 minutes of cardio in a day during prep over the last 2 years. This prep hasn't been more than 35-40 minutes, and that's only in the past few weeks. Time, balance, patience, and consistency go a long way. And having a coach that knows how to prep someone sanely, not just throwing hours of cardio and a low calorie meal plan at you, because of course when you are paying someone to coach you, you're probably going to do what they say whether you realize the negative long term effects or not.

RX MEMBER

2 days out!!

So this morning I got to sleep in, but I actually woke up around 7:30 without an alarm clock feeling rested and wonderful love that!

My weight was back down a little to 125.8, and I'm starting to feeling tighter. Definitely tighter than the last 2 days, starting to fill out and getting vascular when my body temp goes up.

Just resting today. Three carb meals in, 2 to go! Was very productive this morning, getting packed, laundry done before training clients. Spent hours cooking potatoes for Dan last night, ugh, he needs A LOT for his carb up!

Maybe I'll post pics tonight that I send to Kevin. Back to work getting excited!

Best of luck..You have put in the work..Now it's time to shine

YAY!!!! Almost there girl

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast