Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Looking top notch in here, training looks intense!!!

IronMagLabs Bodybuilding Supplements & Prohormones: Home
    IronMagLabs 15% Off Coupon Code = TheNeck15
    IronMagLabs 15% Off Coupon Code = TheNeck15

Blackstone Labs 10% Off Coupon Code = TheNeck10

Quote Originally Posted by lastson View Post
    beast.. Holy crap if you lost size..it couldn't have been much..

Nice work and great log..very detailed

Last
    Quote Originally Posted by The Neck View Post
    Looking top notch in here, training looks intense!!!
    Thanks guys!

Here's a comparison pic. It is pumped vs. cold but man my shoulders and back just look way thicker in the DMZ pics. Maybe being pumped makes a ton of diff. I'll have to get some pics pumped and compare. I was only about 4 lbs. heavier in the older pic too. The lighting is a little better in that one too I think:

BckDbl_SidebySide.jpg

Weight: 199.8. Didn't expect that, I thought I would hold a little higher. I bumped the cals some, we'll see where we are at the end of the week. That is really where I compare, the morning before refeed day each week. I didn't do a huge bump, I am going to go very slowly and see if I can keep the fat gain to a minimum. I increased my meals with meat by 1/2 oz., and have added a tbsp. of MCT Oil to the oatmeal/oatbran also. That's all I'm bumping this week and we'll see what happens.

Workout last night was great again! Osta def kickin' things along nicely. I flipped a coin between Deads and Front Squats as this is the start of the 3rd rotation of my new self appointed training. I didn't even realize I should be switching exercises until about five or six workouts into this. I mean it's not written in stone, but I just listened to some more of Louie Simmons thinking out loud and he's always saying "you're never going to get stronger doing the same exercises week after week". I had a light bulb and decided to switch the main exercise each rotation. So it landed on tails which was front squats:

2 warmups, then 10 sets way below parallel

135x10, 165x6, 185x3, 205x3, 215x3, 225x3, 235x1, 245x1, 255x1, 265x1 (this may be a PR for me, I don't think I have ever went that heavy on Fronts)

SLDLS
    135x10, 185x8, 205x7x2

Abs - 6 sets x 12, over 2 diff. exercises 3 sets ea.

Wide Grip Chins
    10, 10, 8, 8

Leg Press Calf
    2 plates x 35
    4 plates x 25
    6 plates x 20
    6 plates x 20

Nice log bro!

Quote Originally Posted by crawfBigG View Post
    Weight: 202. - 4 lb. jump, geez. I did have two small children on the toilet later in the morning so some of the 4 lbs. probably left the building, lol. So I shot some cold pics this morning like first thing, and I must say I was pretty disappointed. I don't look that much leaner at all, and I have lost some size for sure. I compared them to my Super DMZ pics and it is clear to see, especially on my back double. I guess that is what happens when you miss nearly a month of training. Oh well it is what it is, my abs look a little better, so there's one bright note at least:

Attachment 148162Attachment 148163Attachment 148164Attachment 148165
    i hope you dont wear that mask around all day...

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleChamp View Post
    Nice log bro!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by s2h View Post
    i hope you dont wear that mask around all day...
    Just sometimes....lol. No, it's just photoshop!

Weight this morning: 199.8.

So today they did blood screening, etc. at work for our insurance. I was going to give blood prior to this but never got around to it. Anyway wondered what thoughts you guys have on the numbers. I have been on HRT for about 6 months now at 200mg test cyp/week, an ai, and B-12, and I have worked in some IML/BSL stuff here and there along the way.

By the way they did our BMI and bodyfat with some handheld device, I think it's kinda hilarious. According to that thing I am OBESE! Not just overweight, but OBESE!

% Body Fat 19.5%-really!
    Blood Pressure 116/70
    BMI 31.2-OBESE-really!
    Total Cholesterol 258
    HDL 39
    Triglycerides 77
    LDL 204
    Glucose 89

I had this done before HRT, in October of last year and the numbers are about the same, blood pressure and HDL/LDL numbers are just slightly worse. I think I was like 115/63 and HDL 49, and LDL 195.

Your BP is WORSE at 116/70?! Luckyyyyy!!!
    IronMag Labs DISCOUNT CODE: ebfitness15

IronMag Research DISCOUNT CODE: ebfitness15

Max Effort Bench last night. Osta is now at full throttle I'd say, it was a great workout. Noticed great endurance last night, limited rest between sets without loss of power. I chose decline bench press as my main lift. I NEVER do declines. Seriously I bet I have done decline about three times in my life, just never liked the movement. Louie (Westside) says you need to do exercises you don't like, exercises you don't normally do, tap into your weak spots and over come them. So:

Declines, slow neg, pause on chest first rep except singles:
    185x3, 205x3, 225x3, 235x3 (accidentally grabbed 5s), 265x3, 275x1, 295x1-fairly easy (def a PR, my prev best is 285 on any angle, and I stopped there, I was supposed to do at least one more single but Louie also says if you get a PR, STOP, save something, going further in the same day is asking for injury, and my shoulder/chest/tri area has been very sore anyway from this routine)

Close Grips
    4 sets 5-10

Tricep Pressdown
    4 sets 8-12

DB Lateral Raises
    4 sets 8-12

Bent Rows
    4 sets 8-10

Barbell Curls
    3 sets 8-12

I was so pumped during this workout....my lats were feeling swollen before I even got to Bent Rows, can def tell the Osta is on board!

Weight: 200.0. I gained 2 lbs. this week. That's about all I want to gain per week. Anymore and it is usually going to land on my waistline. The diet will stay about the same this week, see where we land next Sat. morning. Last night did Dynamic Squat day.

Front Squats - As Fast As Possible
    10 sets 135x3

One Legged Hyperextensions
    4 sets

Abs
    Hanging Leg Raises, Cross Fit type Knee Bends in Push Up position, feet in straps off floor
    3 sets each

Shrugs
    4 sets

This workout is quick. And I am glad of that. After workout 1 and 2 you need a break, you are sore as hell, and the next two workouts are mostly form, speed, and recovery imo. I really like this rotation, I haven't stayed this sore in a while, it has hit spots that haven't been sore in....well I don't know when. One more workout and then it's bodybuilding type workouts for two weeks. I am going to sit down and put together something to follow for the two weeks, focusing on hams, rear delts, and just delts in general. I think those are my two weakest spots, any opinions are welcome too, always looking for advice and/or critique, thanks.....have a good weekend everyone!

Weight: 203. Cheats yesterday...the usual trip to the Mexican place, my wife and I are Mexican food fanatics, and later had 5 slices of Pizza! 3lb. bump, pretty typical jump after cheat day. Today I hit the gym for Dynamic Bench day. Place was crowded and after warming up, the decline bench area had some guys deadlifting in it, so I warmed up some more and waited, and finally I started doing some bis. They looked as if they may be there all day so I just went and horned my way in. Squeezed in 10 sets of 3 with 185, super quick pressing, super slow negatives and pause on chest. I am just now getting a good feel for this routine.

Moved on to some weighted dips ( inspired by HDG, that guy does some serious weight on these )
    Bodyweight + 45x8, 70x8, 90x6, 115x3 super slow, drop -> 2 plates x 3, drop -> 1 plate x 8, drop -> bodyweight x8

Rope Pressdowns
    4 sets of 12

One Arm Rows
    90s x 8 x 4

Nautilus Bicep Machine
    3 sets of 10

Another great pump during this workout. Felt fairly strong. My soreness is finally starting to subside somewhat. Ready for a couple of weeks of changing it up.

Weight: 201.6. Start my 2 weeks of bb/weak parts training today. I'm thinking something like this:

Workout 1: Legs, Abs - Hamstring focus
    Hamstrings first - 2-3 exercises
    Abs - 1-2 exercises
    Calves - 1 exercise
    Quads - 1 exercise

Workout 2: Shoulders, Chest, Tris - Shoulder Focus
    Shoulders First - 2-3 exercises
    Chest - 1-2 exercises
    Triceps - 1-2 exercises

Workout 3: Back, Traps, Bis
    Back First - 2-4 exercises
    Traps - 1 exercise
    Biceps - 1-2 exercises

Also decided to add 1 extra whole egg to my egg meals for a little extra bump to the macros. See what we weigh in at on Saturday morning and adjust further if needed.

Today after work I'm going to see my chiropractor. I have been training at full capacity again, but I just feel as if my low back is still not healing up after workouts to the level it was previous of my tweak. A good round of electrodes, stretch, & pop from him usually gets everything back on track as good as it can be. Depending on how I feel afterwards will really determine if and at what level of intensity I train tonight.

Weight: 201.8. Hits legs last night. Feeling it this morning. I left work yesterday for the chiropractor and was starving for some reason, no meals missed or anything, just really hungry. Stopped at Kroger real quick along the way and grabbed a couple thinkThin bars. Not the best bar in the world but not too shabby either in a pinch:

Screen shot 2013-04-30 at 4.27.56 AM.jpg

And DAMN they taste good. I am supposed to be gaining now so I figured I shouldn't be going around hungry. Leg workout looming... the extra cals shouldn't hurt was my rationale. My chiro popped the shit out of my back, neck, and worked on my nerve damaged leg some too. I left feeling like a new man. I have got to get in there more often. It took everything he had to pop the one side of my low back that had been bothering me. He said it was fused up pretty tight.

Workout: My gym does not have a lying leg curl, or a standing leg curl, so concentrating on Hams is always fun....

Seated Leg Curls
    5 sets - progressive weight

Charles Glass Hack Squat SLDL - first time doing these, felt awesome
    4 sets - progressive weight

Tried to do some Glute Ham Raises at this point, mostly just embarrassed myself....lol. My hams were fried. The best I could do was a set of 3, and 3 other attempts at a set that failed. My hams and calves were cramping up big time! I should do these first from now on.

Abs
    Power Crunch Weighted
    5 sets, started super slow on the reps, the slowness became faster as the sets went on. Abs were also fried. Pumps were incredible through these first four exercises.

Seated Calf
    3 sets of 50

Nautilus Leg Press - one of the weirdest leg presses I have ever used, strange range of motion, not in a bad way, just different....takes some getting used to, the gym has 3 leg presses, all different in ROM...
    6 sets of 15

Another great workout. This Osta run has been great, not sure how many more days left, the bottle is getting low, I'll def be using this stuff again....and again.....and again!

Quote Originally Posted by crawfBigG View Post
    Weight: 201.8. Hits legs last night. Feeling it this morning. I left work yesterday for the chiropractor and was starving for some reason, no meals missed or anything, just really hungry. Stopped at Kroger real quick along the way and grabbed a couple thinkThin bars. Not the best bar in the world but not too shabby either in a pinch:

Screen shot 2013-04-30 at 4.27.56 AM.jpg

And DAMN they taste good. I am supposed to be gaining now so I figured I shouldn't be going around hungry. Leg workout looming... the extra cals shouldn't hurt was my rationale. My chiro popped the shit out of my back, neck, and worked on my nerve damaged leg some too. I left feeling like a new man. I have got to get in there more often. It took everything he had to pop the one side of my low back that had been bothering me. He said it was fused up pretty tight.

Workout: My gym does not have a lying leg curl, or a standing leg curl, so concentrating on Hams is always fun....

Seated Leg Curls
    5 sets - progressive weight

Charles Glass Hack Squat SLDL - first time doing these, felt awesome
    4 sets - progressive weight

Tried to do some Glute Ham Raises at this point, mostly just embarrassed myself....lol. My hams were fried. The best I could do was a set of 3, and 3 other attempts at a set that failed. My hams and calves were cramping up big time! I should do these first from now on.

Abs
    Power Crunch Weighted
    5 sets, started super slow on the reps, the slowness became faster as the sets went on. Abs were also fried. Pumps were incredible through these first four exercises.

Seated Calf
    3 sets of 50

Nautilus Leg Press - one of the weirdest leg presses I have ever used, strange range of motion, not in a bad way, just different....takes some getting used to, the gym has 3 leg presses, all different in ROM...
    6 sets of 15

Another great workout. This Osta run has been great, not sure how many more days left, the bottle is getting low, I'll def be using this stuff again....and again.....and again!
    on those hams since you have limited ham equipment..do some frog press's or high and wides as i call em...stick your heels as high and wide on the leg press sled as you can...keeping you rear end and low back dug into the seat..lower the sled so your kness go too or past the side of your head..depends how flexible you are on the ROM..then super-set em with Humpers..lay flat on your back with your knees bent at a 45 degree angle and heels on a stability ball..raise your midsection straight up while pushing the ball away with your heels..once at parallel squeeze hams and glutes..its a girly looking exercise but it works big time..

Quote Originally Posted by s2h View Post
    on those hams since you have limited ham equipment..do some frog press's or high and wides as i call em...stick your heels as high and wide on the leg press sled as you can...keeping you rear end and low back dug into the seat..lower the sled so your kness go too or past the side of your head..depends how flexible you are on the ROM..then super-set em with Humpers..lay flat on your back with your knees bent at a 45 degree angle and heels on a stability ball..raise your midsection straight up while pushing the ball away with your heels..once at parallel squeeze hams and glutes..its a girly looking exercise but it works big time..
    Thank you for the continued pointers. This one especially because I have been grasping at straws somewhat trying to find some different exercises to hammer my hams with at my gym. I will give this a shot on my next leg day. Those Charles Glass things I just saw in the Iron Asylum videos with Keith Williams...

Weight: 202. Hammered some shoulders tonight. And some chest and tris. Continued excellent pumps and feeling strong. Seeing some vascularity in my quads the last few days and that is not commonplace for me unless I get really lean, which at the moment I am not.

Cable Standing Rear Delts
    4 sets - 20, 18, 16, 14

DB Shoulder Press - haven't done these in like 2 months
    25s x 12
    40s x 10
    65s x 10
    75s x 10
    85s x 12 - just hammered some out on this set, prob could have went up some in weight

DB Rear Delts lying over Inc. Bench
    25s x 20
    40s x 16
    50s x 14
    60s x 12

Cable Side Laterals
    3 sets

Incline DB Press - this was a struggle, after killing shoulders didn't have much juice left for these
    4 sets

Lying Tricep Extensions - Camber Bar
    4 sets

Reverse Tricep Pressdowns
    4 sets

Another great session. Since the Osta has really kicked in I have not had a bad workout! Unfortunately, I will run out after Saturday.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast