Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Yesterday (Monday) was chest and back day so lets have it!!

Golds Gym Point Loma, CA

545pm....

dynamic warn ups, cuff matrix, band stretching...

paramount incline chest press (love this damn thing!)
    5x6 reps

smith rack wide pull ups
    5x10 with isometric pause at top

paramount flat chest press
    3x6

rack narrow chins
    3x10 with isometric pause at top

hammer wide chest press
    3x12-8

hammer low row
    3x12-8

cable cross overs
    3x12

hammer high row
    3x12

seated pec deck
    2x15

kneeling cable/rope face pulls
    2x15

730pm....done and out!

Meals:

5 whole eggs
    2 scoops eas lean 15

8 oz 99% groun chicken
    2 tbsp npb
    small garden salad

8 oz tilapia
    2 tbsp ff sour cream
    1 whole egg
    5 small corn tortillas
    chopped greens

large garden salad at souplantation buffet w/ walden farms dressing
    2 scoops cellucor whey
    10 small corn tortillas

12 oz ff plain gy
    2 tbsp npb
    1 cup unsweet almond milk

As of this morning my 4th day check in has me at 188lbs even and 8.7%. Day by day baby!!
    UNBA Mens Physique, USAPL 93kg,
    Blueprint for Athletes Rep, Dymatize Rep,
    Twitter & Instagram: musclesNmorsels,

So with this review I have now decided to go back to......almost what I was doing prior to LGIF in that I will be doing 5 meals a day every 3.5-4 hours. My macro breakdown now is 220c, 90f, 265p. Its 200kcals down from my last drop but mind you I have added in almost 0 cardio beyond what I get through work teaching group x and small group fitness classes 4-5x a week. All I may do is 30 minute HIIT sessions 1-2x a week when I really feel up to it. Diet is taking care of the rest as far as getting lean goes.

Today's workout went down like this:

Legs:

Mission Rancho 24 Hour Fitness: 6pm-730pm

pillar prep, hip matrix, pnf band stretch....

sumo deads: 225x6, 275x6, 275x6, 315x5, 315x5, 335x3, 335x3, 335x3, 225x10
    horizontal leg press: (close stance) 195lbx12 (4 sets)
    standing calf press machine: 95lbx20 (4 sets)
    ab crunch machine: 4x20
    leg extensions: 1x30
    seated leg curls: 1x35

Daily Grub:
    6 scoops EAS Lean 15

8 oz lean sirloin steak
    2 tbsp cashew butter
    normandy blend veggies

8 oz lean bison patties
    5 soft corn mini tortillas
    sauteed mushrooms

1.5 scoops cellucor whey whipped vanilla
    4 soft corn mini tortillas
    2 potato buns
    large garden salad with walden farms dressing

2 scoops cellucor strawberry whey
    2 cups 30 calorie unsweet vanilla almond milk
    2 tbsp gnc super flax meal

As of this weekend I will be 4 weeks out from show day! I am as excited as ever to FINALLY be getting back on stage after a 5 year hiatus with many clients being coached to the stage but not setting foot up there myself.......been too long as it is......time to do work!

Getting down to the wire now folks! I am growing more and more excited by the day as the show grows ever closer!

My contest prep plan for peaking is pretty mild as it stands now in that the extremes many go to for bodybuilding are not warranted for MPD as well as the fact that half the "tricks" many competitors employ are pure BS and don't have any real merit in the first place. Tactics like:

drastic water cutting
    salt loading/cutting
    huge carb loads
    junk food binges
    red wine shots
    herbal diuretics

Seen it all many times before (even tried a few of them myself yes...) and watched most fail miserably or give less then mild results at very best. I prefer to use and stick to what got my to where I am in the many weeks and months leading up to the contest vs trying to pull some magic trick last minute.......the body hates last minute abrupt tricks of any kind and it will fight you for it to!

Layne Norton taught me a very important lesson about this using hard nosed science and physiology to explain how and why most the above "tricks" fail 99% of the time for men and women alike. He talked about La Chatelier's Principle and how that applies to water/salt balance, carbohydrate/glycogen storage levels etc......using basic physiology as it applies to drug free athletes it made perfect since to me why these tricks do not and cannot work well for someone trying to look and feel their best on stage in front of 1000's of people while sitting at 4-7% bodyfat with 90% of your skin exposed for just a few minutes to a panel of judges........when I say it like that it almost makes me wonder why ANYONE would EVER want to try and pull some hopeless and unfounded trick on the body in hopes of gaining the extra 5% at the risk of losing the other 95%???

So with that said this is my game plan from today through Saturday end of show.

Today/Tomorrow (Tuesday/Wednesday)

Training-
    last 2 hard training days, lower today then upper tomorrow to allow for legs to be 100% Saturday
    2 exercises per muscle group, 1 compound, 1 assistance, 3-4 sets each
    pyramid sets 15 reps down to 5 reps stopping 1 rep shy of failure each set
    slow 2-1-2 tempo for all movements (not getting hurt now!)
    fasted AM cardio 30 minutes mild intensity 130-150 HR

Diet:
    Only carbs all day both days are from veggies and salad greens and a 14 oz raw weight yam (then baked) eaten post workout.
    Protein higher at 60 grams a meal for all 5 of my daily meals from lean either albacore tuna, egg whites, fat free, plain greek yogurt or whey isolate.
    Fats are coming only from my barleans fish oil pills at about 12 grams a day.
    Water is at 2 gallons per day or a bit more
    Salt being added to all meals
    My total daily intake for these 2 days will be about 1900-2000kcals per day.

Thursday and Friday:

Training-
    40 minutes non fasted LISS cardio, mild effort at 130-135 HR
    Foam rolling and PNF stretching

Diet-
    Meals exactly the same both days
    5 meals with-
    40g protein from either egg whites, whey isolate or plain chicken
    60g carbs from unsalted brown rice cakes
    2g fish oils from pill form
    Water intake stays high at about 2 gallons per day
    No salt added to any meals

Saturday-
    TBD as it all depends on how I feel and look that morning after the prior days effects really set in. I may add more carbs, keep them the same, drop them down, add salt, drop salt etc.....it depends. I will have all the food items, supplements and goodies I need with me on the drive up to Brea, CA just in case however.

Drug testing starts at 9am and goes till noon, athlete check in is at 1230 until 2 when the athlete rules meeting begins. The show starts at 3pm sharp. I plan to be on the road with my 2 buddies coming up with me by 8am Saturday. Its a 90 minute drive which is not bad and perhaps a good time to really calm down and focus myself on the show and myself, not anyone or anything else.

I am begging a work friend to come along as he is awesome with a camera and does amazing pictures of all kinds! I offered to pay his round trip gas and admission ticket to come up and get pics of the show and more after the show for me. Asking him to give up most his Saturday 90 mins away is a big favor I understand that so I cross my fingers he accepts my offer!

I will have pics regardless on my phone and my digital camera and hopefully from the contest promoter as well (most have DVD's to buy from the show) and those I will post up for you all to see!

So........with that all laid out I dont think I will post again until day of the show or the day after to give you all the full story on what happend and how it all went down. Until then its time to apply all this stuff here to myself and see it through to the end and let the judges score as they will.

Game on folks!

I rarely just post a link up to another thread/blog of mine but this one has so many images and links I have to so that you can see everything I want to be seen in the posting. Please click below to go right to my blog and see how my MPD debut went yesterday. And PLEASE leave any comments or feedback you may have to offer me! Leave such comments right here in this thread please.

http://fitbossfoodandfitness.blogspo...-and-gone.html

Day after....back to biz!

1 day post contest and its back to the grindstone baby! 13 days out today from show #2 on Oct 5th right smack in my own backyard via the NPC Border States Classic.

Here I will be doing the Mens Physique Novice class. Going to be a step up for sure from what I saw at the last contest held by the NPC here in SD at the same venue just over a month ago now. Gotta bring the A game and that started last night with legs session and continued into today with upper body pull day....take a look...

40 minutes LISS at 8am this morning, half walking at incline, half on elliptical, HR between 130-140

645pm....right after seeing the new documentary movie Generation Iron which IMO was very good but not Pumping Iron Quality. Just me....

Back and Biceps: 1 minute rest between all sets

Pillar Prep, Dynamic Movements.....

BW Neutral Pull Ups-
    4x6

hammer underhand pull down/row-
    4x8 at 2 plates a side

life fitness seated underhand horizontal row machine-
    4x10 at 145lbs

hammer high row-
    4x12 at 2 plates a side

db pull overs across bench-
    2x15 at 50lbs

incline bench db curls-
    4x12 at 27.5's + 1 drop set of 15 at 17.5's

fascia stretching....foam rolling, 5 mins mile bike cardio....done!

I will also note that as of today through Oct 5th show day (and perhaps longer) I am now working with a 3rd eye........none other than Jason Theobald of Scooby Prep to help me peak as best as possible for my next show and make the right jump off point in the first several months of my offseason after the show.

Right now starting today my macros look like this per his settings:

260p/180c(on)130c(off)/35f over 5-6 meals per day. I refeed on leg days with 245p/250c/30f

My training through the Wednesday before the show will go right back to what it was before this last show.

3x/wk cardio via fasted LISS style HR at 130-140 range

3 on 1 off split of legs/upper pull/upper push/off

I will continue using my homemade thermo-stack combo of:

600mg green tea extract*
    15mg yohimbine HCL
    81mg asprin
    400mg caffeine 50/50 from pill and *black coffee

I take these 20 minutes pre LISS cardio day *(also taken 20 mins pre lift)

The only other additions to my prior supplement stack are:

100mg R-ALA with my 3 carb meals, breakfast, pre and post lift
    3g USPLabs D-apartic acid with breakfast daily
    IMAG1868.jpg
    4000 IU VD daily with any meal (continued)
    1 multivitamin tab at breakfast daily (continued)
    2g fish oil at every meal (continued)
    50mg zinc with 1 meal daily (continued)
    200mcg GTF chromium with a 1 carb meal daily (continued)

Thats a wrap for today folks.......12 days to go tomorrow....peace!!

11 days to go now....

today was day 3 of the split and here is what she looked like:

6pm: upper body push day- all 60 second timed rest between sets

seated db press: 5x6 @ 45's
    flat db press: 5x5 @ 65's
    decline medium grip bb press: 4x8 @ 135lbs
    bw tricep dips: 3x6
    incline db fly ss w/ rear peck deck fly: 3x15 @ 35's / 75lbs
    flat db tricep kick outs: 3x12 @ 25's
    triple drop set on machine lateral raises: 80x12,65x8,50x8,35x8
    8 minutes post lift stepmill w/ HR at 135ish

90 minute workout with shocking amount of energy and output tonight. not bad at all for being on a no more then 2100kcals a day lately! i'll take it!

post lift meal for the day....and past 3 days matter of fact.....

As of tomorrow I will be at just 10 days out from my 2nd and final contest of the fall season and as most in the sport come to call....the end of formal "season" which typically coincides with the Mr. Olympia contest at the end of September and as anyone reading this likely knows.....takes place this very weekend starting up Thursday night and commencing on Sunday afternoon. Of course other contests do and will take place through years end in all organizations but they tend to become few and far between and less frequent in smaller cities. As for me it wont much matter. I have set plans to bust my ass until late March to put on some much needed size and thickness to my storky 6'2'' frame. I will have the helpful eye of Jason Theobald of Scooby Prep assisting me with my diet and nutrition to assure things keep on clicking the whole time so I see good things happening come October 6th and beyond for darn sure!

Yesterday I did a early morning 30 minutes HIT spin class which I teach for the command. No workout later on, just rest and recovery.

Today was 40 minutes gauntlet cardio in the AM with HR between 130-145 via 10 minutes of each:
    incline treadmill walk
    woodway curve jog
    recumbent bike
    stepmill
    Time goes by way faster when you break it up back to back like that on a different unit each 10 mins I swear!

Later on around 630 it was time for LEGS and here is what we got done!

smith squats, close stance- 75 sec rest between all sets
    2x15 @ 1 plate a side
    2x12 @ 1plate + 10 a side
    2x10 @ 1 plate + 25 a side
    2x8 @ 2 plate a side
    2x6 @ 2 plate + 10 a side
    1x20 @ 1 plate a side

hamstring hypers with 45lb plate across chest
    3x15

bw standing calf press
    4x30

assisted chin machine- single press downs
    3x12 per leg at 150, 160, 170lbs (each set increase in weight)

swiss ball crunch series:
    3x20 front
    2x20 side
    2x20 reverse crunch

TUT cybex leg extension/seated leg curl rep out series:
    3x30 reps each back to back with 30 sec rest between each exercise (burn baby burn!!)

7 minutes cybex arc trainer with HR at 145-150

Done!

Today was refeed day so I got a whole whopping 210g carbs today! I savored every last extra bit of oats and yam I got pre and post lift let me say that much!

Calories overall are now just under 2000 per day except refeed days. Getting down and dirty now at the very end. Gotta stay strong and pull through it. Only time I get truly hunger is after meal 1 lately. Outside that I have been pretty good really.

Also.....have a new player in my supplement regime now.....trying out shark liver oils at 2g a day starting today onward. Research seems promising after a in depth talk I had with the lead researcher and company CEO. Testing myself before I push or promote anything to anyone else, military or otherwise. Will see...

IMAG1880.jpg

Pull indeed! Thats just what I did today in the gym with today's upper body pull session at the North Island Warehouse gym this afternoon. I love working out at this gym not only for a good change up but also because its got a bad ass set up of equipment, no AC and its pretty well wide open on the inside making movement pretty easy and it feels HUGE in there.

181.5lbs this morning. Down 1 pound the day after a refeed......did not see that coming! Oh well, thats how my body decided to respond so be it. Jason sees this and he tells me where to go. Enough said.

The change of enviroment helped as did the change in workout time today....crazy good energy and awesome workout overall. A little change up always helps!

Here we go.....8am, 33 minutes cardio via triplet series....11 mins each lifefitness elliptical, matrix treadmill hill walk, lifefitness upright bike. HR around 145-150 the whole time.

345-5pm...back and biceps workout

60 seconds rest between all sets

hammer low row:
    4x20 @ 1 plate + 25 per side

seated cable close grip low rows:
    4x16 @ 140lbs

wide grip lat pull downs:
    4x12 @ 130lbs

hammer high row:
    4x10 @ 2 plates per side

hammer underhand pull down:
    3x8 @ 2 plates per side

incline db biceps curls:
    4x8 @ 30's
    drop set to failure with 20's

6 minutes stepmill at level 13......done!

Thats a wrap for today gang......more to come tomorrow with upper body push day! My favorite day of the 3 day split!

Just 3 workouts left after tomorrows! Then its just peaking time again baby!

So let me first get yesterdays workout out down before heading into the final week (AKA peak week)...

Yesterday I did not do cardio which was VERY nice to get off from......saved up the energy and put it all into my afternoon upper body push workout session. See below...

230pm-4pm

incline bb bench press
    4x8 @ 35 per aide

seated bb shoulder press
    4x6 @ 25 per side

hammer incline press
    4x8 @ 45+5 per side

hammer shoulder press
    4x6 @ 45+10 per side

flat hammer chest press
    1x failure at 35lb per side

hammer 180 ground based high pull
    1x failure at 45lb per side

hammer seated tricep push downs
    4x10 @ 2 plates per side

incline db fly superset with incline rear delt fly
    2x15 each @ 30's and 10's respectively

bb jump shrugs
    3x15 @ 1 plate + 35 per side

decline sit ups superset with flat db tricep kick outs
    3x15 each with bw only and 25's respectively

More volume again yes......love getting a real good pump going as I feel it helps with fullness and hardness as the show gets closer. Still going heavy as you can see but I also add in more sets and more exercises to really hit as many angles as I can and get some major blood flow in the muscles the whole workout.

Jason has sent me my peak week plan with every last detail outlined for me. Went to the grocery store last night and stocked up on EVERYTHING I will need for today through Saturday night. Want to be....need to be 100% ready to do business and that starts with preparations and pre-planning, leaving nothing to chance.

Today I weighed in and found myself at 185.0.....up 4lbs from yesterday...?? Not sure why or how that is but the same thing happened from Monday to Tuesday this week as well with no reason for why? I lost it is all 2 days later but still? I used the same scale, same time, same final meal the night before, no clothes worn etc.....all controlled for. Oh well....not going to freak out one bit.....the body does odd things when its being stressed this much so you never can quite predict what it will do day to day.

All I got going today is 30 minutes of HIIT on the stepmill coming up later today which should be just dandy on 110g carbs for the day. Only 1 more HIIT session to do before the show and my last legs workout will be tomorrow as well to allow 100% recovery in the legs and avoid any water retention in them as well.

Thats all for this weekend gang. I will post again on Monday with updates!

I know I said I would wait till Monday to update but today leg workout was so awesome I had to get it down now! Its the last leg workout I will do till post show next weekend so this one had to count big!

181.2 today....down 3.8lbs in a day......WTF??

30 mins MISS cardio via stepmill at 8am...

3pm...LEGS!

deficit deadlifts:
    135x12
    225x10
    275x8
    295x6

hammer v squat, reverse position:
    3x12 @ 2 plates + 35 a side

cybex hack squat medium stance:
    3x8 @ 2 plates a side

bb back squats w/ 4 sec ecc and 2 sec iso hold at bottom
    4x3 @ 2 plates a side

hoist horizontal leg press, wide stance:
    3x15 speed reps @ 4 plates

seated calf press:
    3x12 @ 2 plates + drop set on seated straight leg calf press machine 1x25 reps

leg ext superset w/ prone leg curls
    3x25 reps each short of failure @ 70lbs each

6 minute recumbent bike cool down...pnf stretch....done!!

Carbs as of today have been dropped to 120g today through Wednesday. Going to finish out week as follows:

Will do 20 mins LISS post workout each day as well..... back+traps monday / chest+abs tuesday / shoulders+arms wednesday / thursday 40 mins LISS only / pose, pose, pose Friday

I will throw up my peak plans later this week as I get closer to show day. For now all I have done is add a dash of sea salt to every meal and keeping my water at 2 gallons a day. Still taking 5g creatine post lift each day as well. Dropping out yohimbine HCL tomorrow, all fake sweetners and shakes go out Thursday as well.

Back day baby! 4 days left (after today)......

181.2lbs this AM, holding steady......kcals at 1830ish

30 mins stepmill MISS cardio this AM (HR around 145-150)

Then at 3pm we nailed it as follows.......

-reverse grip pull downs: 3x15 @ 140lbs

-hammer seated row machine: 4x12 @ 2 plates a side

-hammer iso-lateral pulldowns: 3x10 @ 1 plate + 35 a side

-low back hypers w/ 35lb plate across chest: 3x15

-hammer iso-lateral high row: 3x15 @ 1 plate + 25 per side

-smith iso-pause shrugs: 4x15 @ 1 plate + 2 10's a side

Energy a little low today between cardio's end and workout start. Downed 3, yes 3 keurig jet-fuel brand k-cups plus my green tea tab to get a pick me up going. Did the trick to!

Its going to get harder then next 3 days before it gets easier I know this.....gotta suck it up and make it happen!

Well with today's chest session out of the way all I have left in the gym for the lifting is shoulders and arms tomorrow afternoon.....before that happens, lets roll out what took place today....

3-430pm

bb flat bench press
    5x8 @ 135

hammer iso-lateral wide chest press
    5x8 @ 1 plate + 35 a side

hammer flat iso-lateral chest press
    4x10 @ 45 a side

freemotion cable cross overs, high to low
    4x13 @ 90lb stack plate each handle

freemotion kneeling cable crunch
    3x20 @ 140lbs stack pin 1 side

post lift LISS cardio: HR 130-135
    6 minutes stepmill + 140 minutes incline treadmill walk

done!!

Game plan for remainder of week is as follows:

Wednesday- Arms/20 mins post lift LISS, pull 30g carbs from normal 120g/daily intake
    Thursday-MISS cardio AM, incline treadmill walking, drop added salt out 100%
    Friday-No cardio, no lifting, pose, spray tan, carb up (225g for the day from oats), 1 gallon water.
    Saturday-TBD pending AM weight and pics review from Jason. Check in at 8am, judging starts at 11am with my MPD novice class on about 12 noon I predict.

Today was indeed the last lift......until after the show that is which to be honest will be Monday after show.....a deload week mind you. Just 3 workouts that week and no cardio at all! Give the body some much needed recovery time!

But as for today....this how arms day panned out!

230pm-400pm

half kneeling smith machine shoulder press
    5x6 @ 25 a side

cybex seated shoulder press machine 5x drop set
    70-60-50-40-30lbs for 6 reps per drop.....burn baby burn!!

cybex seated lateral raise machine
    3x15 @ 50lbs

seated db curls @ 30's superset with back supported tricep cable press downs @ 70lbs
    4x10 each
    1x16-17 rep drop set each with 20's and 50lbs respectively

burn out set preacher curl machine for 20 reps
    burn out set tricep extension machine for 20 reps
    burn out set for rear delt peck fly machine for 20 reps

21 minutes post lift LISS cardio via 7 minutes each treadmill walking, stepmill and elliptical

That was all she wrote ladies and gentleman! No more lifting period till Monday next week! All I have left training wise is 40 minutes MISS cardio tomorrow which will be incline hill walking on the tread while listening to some PSR podcast. Gonna hit some solid PNF stretching after that to keep loose as well.

As of today (after meeting with company owner, lead researcher last week) have some new players in my supplement game from now forward as well. I am my own little case study to see how well these products work as I have not taken anything like them before. The research is VERY promising however! They are located (US HQ) in Carlsbad, CA and the company is.....
    Nutrilys Del Mar, Inc - Marine-Based Supplements

IMAG1945.jpg

I do not work for or get paid a cent from this company so this is a honest straight forward trial run for me with these items based on the science I was shown and read up on. If it works for me great, if not ok fine. I will let the results speak for themselves. Look at the site and see for yourself what you think. I will keep you all posted to my findings with these products.

Diet for the day looked like this:

meal 1
    16 oz all egg whites
    1 pack frozen birds eye pepper stir fry
    700mg green tea extract tab

meal 2
    8 oz baked swai with mrs dash
    Romain salad with sliced peppers and onions, red wine dressing
    12 oz black coffee
    700mg green tea extract tab

meal 3 (post lift)
    100g old fashion oats
    2 scoops cellucor whey
    5g creatine

meal 4
    same as meal 2

meal 5
    same as meal 2

Also had 6g fish oils with various meals, multi with breakfast and 1 tab each of the 3 new products shown above.

Still adding a pinch of sea salt to all meals through tonight. I drop all added salt out tomorrow but keep water intake at 2 gallons yet.

That a wrap folks! More to come tomorrow!

So here I sit writing the last blog post prior to the big day.......my first MPD contest in the NPC and my 2nd MPD contest ever over the past 2 weeks. Its the last time I will compete until I know more about my work/command/ships schedule to be in port or out to sea which then dictates my ability to do a local show and prep for it they way I need to. So after this its offseason until more is known about that.

Today no workout, no cardio, no gym anything. Got my spray tan done, got my show day foods cooked, measured, packed and ready. Been chugging my water as needed and all is falling into place. I feel as though I am getting drier and drier by the hour as the Xpel keeps water moving through me, salt keeps pushing it way out of me and carbs keep coming in meal by meal.

I was 176.4 this AM which is down 4lbs exactly from yesterday in which I had a whopping 50 grams carbs all day. Lost lots of salt/water weight already. Pics below are from this AM around 7am.....had not spray tanned yet so I am darker then this now trust me.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uOV30D8A8e...1+day+back.jpg
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-daG0zwCLrx...+day+front.jpg
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8Jk4VIx9Yo...1+day+left.jpg
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-lvLyyNCzmy...+day+right.jpg

Today my meals look like this: Jason's goal is to have me hit macros today of 225p/270c/50f

meals 1 and 2:
    1 cup oats and 1 cup egg whites

meals 3 and 4
    1 cup oats and 5 oz baked Alaskan cod

meal 5
    1 cup oats and 1 cup egg whites

2g fish oils, 200mg r-ala, 100mcg gtf chromium, sprinkle cinnamon with every meal as well. Took 4 Xpel tabs in AM, midday and 4 more in evening pre bed.

I am also making sure to drink 12 oz water with every meal to hit my water mark by 10pm tonight. After that I will have only 6 oz fluid from black coffee with my 1st two meals tomorrow morning of which will be as follows: I will take 4 more Xpel tabs in the AM with breakfast and then 4 more after pre-judge and my 2nd meal is in me....about 2pmish I figure.

800am and 1130am: 10oz plain hashbrown potatoes, 5 oz grilled sirloin steak, 2 tbsp cashew butter
    (show starts at 11am with Novice MPD being the 7th division to go up so I predict about 1230 Ill be going on stage.

About 20 minutes before going on stage my pump up plan as Jason has it laid out is.....
    1 level scoop Gatorade powder with 10 oz water and 1/8 tsp sea salt sipped on until gone or I feel like I had enough just before going on stage pumped up and hopefully nice and vascular/full/dry. I may be able to bypass this part 100% pending what Jason thinks of my pictures I send him 30 minutes before going on stage.....if he says I am full enough......we play it safe and stay as is, no changes or pump up tactic needed.

Then at 2pmish I have a photo shoot taking place not far from the venue with a co worker and another friend of mine also in MPD novice class. Its a local park(Balboa) amphitheater which will make for some sweet outdoor Sunny SD pictures and backgrounds!

From there on out till night show......its just a repeat of the AM meals as I feel hungry, 6-8oz water with each meal and just passing the time till my class comes up again to strut my stuff on stage and hopefully do some damage in the novice MPD class in my debut NPC show! As of now all the work is done. Nothing more I can do on my end but ride this out and leave it in the judges hands. Either way or no matter then outcome.....I am going to have fun and enjoy this experience big time!

I will post the outcomes, pics and all on Sunday evening after all is said and done including an epic post show day brunch buffet victory meal with myself and my 5 co-workers who also in this show with me! Pics of that to be included as well!

PEACE OUT ALL! GO TIME!

Show number 2 has come and it has gone!

As of yesterday I have now completed my 2nd show in 2 weeks and this time as predicted, had a much stronger and bigger set of competition ahead of me. With 12 guys in MPD novice class alone and over 40 in the show it was clear this was where the big dogs come to play.

I took 7th of out 12 and at a raspy 6'2'' and 171lbs upon waking that morning........I still feel I was coming in smaller then I needed to be muscle mass wise to really stand out as a top place finisher but top 5 was my goal to place and walk away with some hardware.....sadly not the case. I am however very very happy with my peak for this show! I could not have asked for a better day of staying lean, dry, full and overall feeling pretty good I have to say!

These were taken the morning of right after waking up.
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-naEwZxMSOE...w+day+am+l.jpg
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/--mpXlKyNns...w+day+am+r.jpg
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ZRCgpPPuAv...w+day+am+b.jpg
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vR6yKKcNJt...w+day+am+f.jpg

After 2 meals and another spray tan later in the day these were my next sets of pics right after pre judge was done with.
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-hIfRCUEM3P...0/selfie+1.jpg
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-bMTw9mOnIr...0/selfie+2.jpg
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-V98Nvcr0cU...0/t+and+me.jpg

The guy on the right is Terrance, a client of mine from the carrier I worked with the last month of his prep.......and here he gets 6th place right ahead of me! Go figure! I was happy as hell for him either way for his his first ever show period to!

This shot was taken 3 hours later after another meal and from my cellphone just before starting my outdoor park shoot. More pro grade photos of that to come later but this is just a sample I am very happy with.
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ivJyjx4nI7...stair+shot.jpg
    Balboa Park, San Diego, CA

Here is one last shot from after finals with my group from the carrier command who all competed and did amazing in their 1st or 2nd ever fitness competitions.
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-IZCKHgkG0o...group+shot.jpg

What a darn good looking group if I may say so! I worked with some of these folks since Jan through show day and some for the final month only. Either way it was a memorable journey that I wont soon forget.

My diet for the day went down like this:

meal 1, 2: 8am and1130am: 10 oz hashbrown taters, 5 oz steak, 2 tbsp cashew butter, 4 xpel tabs and 10 oz black coffee

meal 3 @ 3pm: same as meal 1 but 1 cup egg whites vs the steak, 8 oz black coffee

meal 4 @ 630pm: 10 oz hashbrown tater and 5 oz steak with 8 oz water

meal 5 @ 10pm.......no cheat meal yet with my photoshoot the next day (today) so I just went with larger portions of foods I knew I could handle but still craved big time!

10 oz mashed sweet tater
    4 tbsp pb2
    2 cups egg whites
    stevia, cocoa, cinnamon

In bed by 1230 and dead tired! I was whipped for sure by days end let me tell ya. All in all it was an AWESOME experience! I am happy to have now done MPD in two organizations and so close together to get a good feel for it. I will say right here and now that if I had to pick bodybuilding or MPD to compete in again though......I would take bodybuilding pretty much hands down. Nothing at all against MPD what so ever. I simply like the formality and greater demand of bodybuilding poses, the 12 mandatory poses, the flexing, the quarter turns etc. MPD is just a series of set quick quarter turns and thats it, your done and off stage. Plus the fact that our legs are 100% covered kills me since thats my #1 body part to sport off and always has been. Yet I get no chance to show that with the board shorts thing going as it is. It is what it is and thats how the game is played but this is just my take on MPD vs bodybuilding when it comes to the stage aspects alone.

As of this writing I have already been back to the gym for my deload week start but that I will get to tomorrow when I post up my days "goodies" and my first two workouts after the show as well as my game plan from here onward. You wont want to miss it!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast