Page 1 of 217 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: RichDC2's Log

Default RichDC2's Log

5/7/13 Tuesday

Hey guys and gals!
    Some of you might remember me from the last M4Bteams Transformation contest and have read my log in the Chem Diaries section. There are lots of before after and current pics on me there. It changed my life in so many ways I cannot explain. Even though my look changed in those 12 weeks but my health dramaticly improved. My sense of well being changed and I have a totally outlook on life. I also learned more about my body and mental state on what I can do in that time frame more than the rest of my life. On top of that did you guys see what Heavy did for me man what a class act!!

I have been training on and off since the age of 12. My father trained before I was born till the day he died at the age of 53. I grew up with all the magazines and watching him train in our basement gym in NYC. I still have his Dan Laurie 100lb plates. He taught me how to do some stuff when I was young but I wasnt allowed to go into his "santuary" even when I was in my 20's! He never missed a workout in over 30 yrs no lie! My father passed in 2002 of a heart attack. He is a huuuggee motivating factor for me. My thoughts are of him everytime I step into the gym. I have a brother that is into BB too he is 6' 240 and between 8-11% all year he is a PT. My father was proud that we both took up we he loved so much and I plan to carry that tradition wit my 4 yrs old boy.

In high school I was 220lbs about 5'10 and trained twice a day. There were some yrs I stopped and then picked back up but I never knew how to eat or take supps properly. I had done one cycle when I was 25 and that was it till 37. But I consumed every PH out there in the 90's. I also never had a good lifting routine I would follow whatever was in Flex or MD on Ronnies workout I was deadlifting squating and powercleaning w/ presses twice a week lol 2 hrs 6x a week.

Well I accumulated multiple herniated disk from lifting and/or car accidents. I have nerve damage down my left arm from my neck and have no feeling in my finger tip. Also sciatic nerve acts up too. A bynine tumor in my knee I was born with. And Chron;s Disease witch is a intestinal infamation. I can not tolerate certain foods without multiple trips to the toilet. I ave had this since I was 18yrs old. And until recently took meds ED and colonoscopy every year with other tests too.

About a year and half ago I started lifting again after a 5 yr break I was so out of shape and slowly I went back but strength was'nt coming so Dr got me on TRT I was in the low 200's. Then strength size starting coming and coming I actually ballooned up to 260 after I discovered other compounds too. But still diet was shit.

I stumbled on RX and read around some and realized Dave Palumbo owned this site. I had trained in a gym Dave and Jimmy went too in the late 90's early 2000's. And was more interested in the sites content. My diet started getting better after reading all you guys posts in all the sections I had dropped from 260 to about 230 in 2 months. When the contest came up I said screw it. If I'm gonna do it I'm going to do whatever I can to win. I never did anything like that before. I pretty much followed Palumbo's diet the whole way. And with help from the chem section devised a cycle too. In the 12 weeks I dropped 37lbs from a start of 228 to 191.

I have tromendous drive and disclpline and enjoy the cooking shoping preparing and eating all the frequent meals. Most of all I love the Training. I follow lots of principles of Dorian Yates he makes the most sense to me in training and in life. I also get inspired by Dave's quotes too.

After reading all of your inspirational logs here I wanted to become a part of it as well. I get the same feel of camaraderie as the 10 of us had in the contest and its an awesome motivator.

Here is a little info on me at this point in time and my goals for this log
    38 years old
    5'11"
    189.8 lbs as of this AM

Shelby Starnes is now doing my nutrition for the last 3 weeks and changes are coming more dramaticly. The guy is awesome and I wish I contacted him before the contest. But I had to do that to get here now. I will not give full details of my diet out of respect for Shelby's business but I will share what I can.

My goal is to step on a stage and compete in the near future. First and foremost is my health and controlling my disease then get into great shape then compete! The first two are just about done so I know where I'm headed next!

My log will be as detailed as I know how and I will share any information On training diet and life circumstances as they happen.

Please feel free to critisize too as it only helps! I 'am still in a huge learning process but in the end of the day I know my disipline, drive, consistancy and hard ass work carry me more then the knowlede I have. I have a great support system as well, my wife is awesome and supports me all the way. I also have a 4 yrs old son named after myself and my Father. I got him naming bodybuilders and doing pushups when he is bad!

Thanks to all the mods for this opportunity once again especially Big Barry,Maz and HeavyIron! Thank You for being a part of RX ! I hope you follow me through my journey and Thank You for your time and comments!!

Lets roll!!

Nice log bro...........................ummmmm

no homo???
    Confucius say...
    A ripped guy who eats a pizza, then does an hour of cardio is still ripped.
    A fat guy who eats a pizza, then does an hour of cardio is still fat.

I laughed to that mike!

it very inspiring to read about your journey and to see what hard work and determination will do for a person..you did one hell of a job on your own..now with Shelby guiding your path i predict things will really pick up..

Big props to you and i def will be following along...

Nice intro... you have overcome and continue to deal with a lot along the way to reaching your goals, I can relate on a lot of levels, esp the herniated disc thing, and not following proper nutrition in past, huge changes in my program after coming to RX, etc.

Also one hell of a 12 week transformation!

Thinking of starting a journal too... I'll be following along and best of luck to you...

Big Barry That pic is fu**ing hilarious!!!!! my wife is hysterical and my son is now saying how can he get his eyes to do that all the time!!!
    When we took that pic I didn't realize he was there too, makes it funnier!!

Thanks for following gentleman

5/8/13 Wednesday
    Morning Weight 187.2 New low
    Carb cycling at this point and the carb days actually feel like I'am cheating all day as most of the time I dieted it was keto, this is working way better for me. Changes are happening daily it's pretty cool to see it in front of your own eyes like that.
    Feeling well sleep was Ok got about 6 good hours then was restless. I'll make sure I take a 30-60 min napp today. Training was awesome as usual it's really like a switch goes off for me. I mean I plan evrything out in my head the day before and leading up to the workout. But no matter what is going on in life or how I feel it's always 110% when I am there. So I never worry how my workout is gonna go, Its always intense. I am noticing people next to me shaking there head in disbelieve because of how hard I go until it falls out of my hands on every workout. The older guys who I respect tons and are still big ripped dudes are saying hello to me and giving me spots when needed almost like a show of respect to me. Its awesome.

5/8/13 Wednesday
    Shoulders/Tri/Abs

Most of my training in all exercises follow this way with slight changes deprnding on exercise and feel of it all reps 3 sec negative slight pause on bottom the explode as fast as I can and squeeze for a 1 count at the top. 30-60 sec between each set max. Most if not all exercises are full ROM

Seated Smith Shoulder press all reps 3-4 sec neg 1 sec squeeze
    45x50
    135x15
    185x10
    225x7 to failure w/ 2 forced reps had a great spotter positive took 6 seconds
    30 sec rest then
    135x12 to failure w/ 4 sec neg 2 sec squeeze at top

Standing dumbell side raise one arm at a time while holding the other one with the other arm
    all reps 2-3 sec neg 1 sec squeeze 1 sec pause at bottom w/ tension before positive
    35x10
    40x8
    45x6
    50x10 to failure cheating on the last 2 reps eccentuate the neg then 3 more half reps to failure

Standing alternate dumbell front raise hands in hammer position all reps 2-3 sec neg 1 sec squeeze at top holding tension on the bottom
    35x10
    45x10 to failure with 2 more cheat reps to failure accentuate the neg

Standing cable side raise all reps arms across front of body 3 sec neg 2 sec squeeze
    30x12
    30x15 to failure last 2 reps cheat up and slow down neg
    20 x10 to failure

Standing ez bar tricep push down shoulder with hand position elbows lock to side slightly out front feet position in fighting stance one leg behind for support all reps 3 sec neg 1-2 sec squeeze
    60x20
    120x10
    160x10
    180x10 to failure couldnt get half reps

Lying flat ez bar skull crushers elbows locked and slightly back so top position is behind my head easier on elbows. all reps 3 sec neg 1 sec squeeze
    35x10
    85x10
    105x6 to failure
    dropset
    85x6 to failure no spot no half reps

Single arm Seated overhead dumbell extension all reps 3 sec neg 1 sec squeeze
    35x6
    35x10 w/ other hand using forced reps on last 2 to failure

Standing cable reverse extension all reps 2 sec neg 2 sec squeeze
    60x15
    70x15 to failure

Crunch machine all reps 3-4 sec neg 1-2 sec squeeze on abs
    4 setes of 10-15 reps to failure

Go home eat meal 2 input this in log go take a napp

I'll post some quotes that I see around from time to time or daily
    Quote of the day:
    Quitting is an Attitude And I WILL NEVER QUIT

5/9/13 Thursday
    Morning Weight 188.8
    Got a little strain on the lower back today probably from the tbar rows I felt my back start to round on the last 2 reps as it was heavy ass weight for me right now. I'm fine just gotta watch maybe not squat this week. I want to stay in the game not on the couch. Also felt sort of wipped after the rows they seem to take alot out of me but powered through.

Quote of the day:
    Every pro was once an amateur Every Expert was once a beginner So dream big and start now!

Warmup 5 min treadmill some stretching some rows with light dumbells

Upper/lower Back/Traps/Rear Delts/Calves

HS pulldown medium to wide grip all reps 3 sec neg 1 sec squeeze
    1plate per sidex15
    2ppsx12
    2pps+25sx10
    3ppsx10
    3pps+25x6 to failure then 2 half reps to failure
    dropset
    1ppsx16 with 4 sec neg 2 sec squeeze to failure

Smith Barbell row underhand grip 1 sec stop at full extension and 1 count at top 2 sec neg
    135x12
    185x10
    225x10
    225x8 to failure then 2 count 2 more reps to failure

Tbar row unsupported all reps 1 sec neg keeping moving squeeze back on positive
    all plates 25's for more stretch
    2px10
    5px10
    7px10
    9px8 to failure

low pulley cable row hammer grip wide all reps 2 sec neg 1 sec squeeze pulling to chest area shoulders back
    150x8
    165x8
    180x8 to failure then 2 half reps to failure
    dropset
    75x8 4 sec neg 3-4 sec squeeze entire back

Dumbell pullover head hanging off bench all reps 3 sec neg 1 sec squeeze
    50x10
    65x10
    65x13 to failure

Hyperextensions all reps 2 sec neg 1-2 sec squeeze
    10 reps
    hold 25lbx10
    hold 45lb x15 to failure

Seated HS shrug all reps 2 sec neg 1-2 sec squeeze
    1ppsx10
    2ppsx10
    2+25ppsx8
    3ppsx8 to failure then 2 count 2 more reps to failure

Smith barbell standing shrug all reps 2 sec neg 1 count on bottom then 1-2 sec squeeze on top
    135x10
    225x10
    275x8 to failure 2 count 2 more reps to failure
    dropset
    135x15 3 sec neg 2 sec squeeze to failure

Shrug using chest supported tbar row arms stay extneded pulling with traps all reps 2 sec neg 1-2 sec squeeze
    1px10
    1p+25x10
    2px12 to failure 2 count 2 more reps to failure

Seated dumbell rear lateral all reps 2 sec neg stop for 1 count on bottom 1 sec squeeze at top
    17.5x12
    20x10
    20 x13 to failure 2 count then 1 more to failure w// a little cheating

Seated rear delt machine all reps 2 sec neg 1 sec squeeze
    50x10
    90x8 to failure
    dropset
    40x10 to failure

Seated calf press all rps 3 sec neg 1-2 sec squeeze
    3ppsx12
    3ppsx10
    3ppsx10
    3ppsx12 to failure then 2 count 2 more rps to failure then hold at stretch point for 6 sec to failure

Let's fuckin get this shit man!

5/10/13 Friday
    Morning Weight 188.4
    Cardio 30 min recumbant bike am fasted.
    No weight training, rest day I have a 2 on 1 rest repeat split with a day of rest always following dedicated Leg and Back days.

Day 1 Shoulders/Tri/Abs
    Day 2 Lower/Upper Back/Traps/Rear Delts/Calves
    Day 3 Rest
    Day 4 Chest/Bi/Abs
    Day 5 Quads/Hamstrings/Caves
    Day 6 Rest
    Repeat

I sometimes switch this up with more rest days but this program and recovery has been working well for me and I don't want to fix what ain't broke!

I am down 1.5 lbs at this point from the last carb cycle. Today 0 carbs. I am predicting a 4-5 lb loss this week from cycling. I've never really done this type of diet correctly before but I really like it gives me something to look forward to and keep track of. I love keeping track of pretty much anything ha. Viens becoming more pronounced in my leg area everyday just resting.

Today quote of the day:

Real Training Begins Where Your Comfort Zone Ends

Quote Originally Posted by RichDC2 View Post
    Today quote of the day:

Real Training Begins Where Your Comfort Zone Ends
    Great quote..

You are damn strong on those shoulder presses!

Question...does your herniated discs/nerve damage act up a lot on you? If so do you have ways you combat or rehab it?

Have a good weekend..

You know I do still get issues with certain exercises but I'm figuring out little ways to tweak them to work for me like on shoulder presses Dumbells just kill me to get into position (train by myself) between carpal tunnel in my wrists and tennis elbow hoisting up 100s is too much. I used to do a clean from the floor and then sit back, too much injury risk throwing that weight then if you get out of a groove with heavy weight your screwed. Even barbell I get to much strain on my neck. With smith I use one that has that slight angle instead of straight up and down so i can squeeze back at the top I use an incline bench set all the way not 90 but slight incline so my head is supported on the back rest I also arch my back I find it takes the pressure of the lower back and I feel it more in shoulder area. I like the HS too because it has a long backrest for head support, I can arch my back by sitting more off the backrest and each arm has its own weight sort like dumbells.

As long as eveything is controlled and not swung around on any exercises I am ok. I still lift as heavy as I can but if it means go lighter I do. with the long negatives i can controll everything go slightly lighter with a better result.

If I do tweak something its all RICE till it gets better along with advil and hydrocodones.

Every exercise I do is thought out for me for these reasons. It limits more choices but I can always make them work either with different poundages sets/reps/rp/dropsets something changes everytime.

How do you combat your issues? I'm always trying to incorparate new techniques!!

Have a good one too!!

Sounds like we're in the same boat...RICE, NSAIDS and pain pills when really bad...

I try to stretch a lot too... Foam rolling... Chiropractor...

I need to tone down my enthusiasm on certain things in terms of the weight, I push too hard and end up with a setback. I also seriously need to devote more time to strengthening my core, that is my weakness and my low back always pays the price. Three out of five of the lower five discs being herniated or bulging doesn't help either, I just hate making excuses....I feel if I work at it hard enough I'll find a way through. Other guys have.. so I won't give up.

Yeah.. I asked you trying to find new techniques too!

Well the injuries can't take away our determination ya know... keep killin' it man!

Page 1 of 217 1231151101 ... LastLast