Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Default KING LaRaZZi's Transformation/Training Journal

Day 1: Memorial Day!!! Monday, May 27, 2K13Today is the first day of my transformation journey. I am OBESE. 1 year from now, I will not be considered OBESE, ever again. I AM change. I WILL change my appearance. I WILL change my mental approach to life. As my journey unfolds, I will eventually reveal more about myself. Today, and for the next couple of weeks, it is important to start regarding FOOD as a necessary means to an end. FOOD needs to be seen as FUEL, only. There is no comfort in COOKIES, CAKES, CANDIES, CHIPS, SODA, etc. anymore. There WON'T be any mental/emotional attachment to food, anymore. FOOD fuels the body. PERIOD.

OLYMPIAN

That seemed very cathartic for you. You've taken the first step. You can do this.

Default Day 2: Tuesday, May 28, 2K13

During this first couple of weeks, it is more of a transitional period for me. I am "CLEANING HOUSE." CLEANING HOUSE, is a preparatory period for me literally CLEAN HOUSE (cleaning out my kitchen, replacing un-healthy with healthy). More importantly it is a transitional period MENTALLY. I know there are going to be times during my JOURNEY when everything will just ‘CLICK’; those are the times that I will be reaping the individual, miniscule VICTORIES. I am MENTALLY preparing for the times when diet, physical activity, and the lack of motivation will be low. I am VISUALIZING how I will OVERCOME these little battles to actually WIN my war.

Default Day 3: Wednesday, May 29, 2K13

I QUIT smoking, FOREVER. I quit smoking Sunday, May 26, 2K13. I have been smoking approximately (1+) pack of cigarettes/ daily for around 2 years. I had never smoked a cigarette, prior. I originally started smoking to lose weight. I was 423lbs. at one time. My day was not complete if I could not smoke a cigarette and tag-team my coffee with Mt. Dew. I would smoke cigarettes and drink abnormal amounts of iced coffee & Mt. Dew, every day. I would barely eat anything, too. It helped. I would lose 50-60lbs. I would eventually REGAIN what I had lost and then some.Over the last several months I have come to the REALIZATION that the only reason I was smoking cigarettes----BOREDOM. If I was bored watching TV, I would step outside for a SMOKE. If I was waiting for my fiancé, I would wait outside and have a SMOKE. Finish eating a meal, drive from one destination to another, or just because…..I would give myself an EXCUSE for a cigarette.I would hear myself wheezing going up/down the stairs in my house. I would wake up in the middle of the night hearing my lungs whistle with every breath. I would awaken in the morning to get ready for work and cough up dark brown sputum. Yet, I couldn’t wait to get out the door for my cigarette (& coffee).I have not had the urge to SMOKE a cigarette since Sunday. Perhaps, I will perform 10 BURPEES, if the urge is to return.

Default Day 4: Thursday, May 29, 2K13

ANALYSIS: The detailed examination & process ofseparating something into its constituent elements.

ANALYSIS of SELF: I am OBESE. I know what I willACCOMPLISH. (1) I understand that NUTRITION is KING. (2) LIFTING weights adds lean body tissue. LBM directly correlates to a fastermetabolism. (3)CARDIOVASCULAR exercisehelps burn excess calories and contributes to overall better cardiovascularhealth. I understand that I will have toimplement all (3) facets to accomplish my transformation.

PARALYSIS: Inability to move or function; total stoppageor severe impairment of thought and/or activity.

PARALYSIS of ANALYSIS of SELF: Should I try P90X or Tae-Bo? Should I start marathon training or should Ijust ride a recumbent bike for an hour? Should I try the South Beach Diet or a Carb Cycling diet? Low carb diet or 40-40-20 diet? Should I do a Salt Water Flush (SWF) or a MasterCleanse? Should I space out my mealsevery 3 hours or should I practice INTERMITTENT FASTING (IF)? With so much information readily available atyour fingertips; it is definitely confusing as to which program to follow. And because we can INSTANTLY get answers fromthe internet with a few taps on a keyboard; we try something for a period oftime and if we don’t see INSTANT change we toss the information to the side andwe’re on to the next QUICK FIX ‘SCHEME.’ We can get the information FAST and if we don’tsee the results AS fast we assume there is no validity to the THEORY. This has been a problem of mine for years. I believe ANY/EVERY program can/will workassuming there is some fore-thought & perseverance involved. I havebeen researching for ….YEARS!!!! I didn’tjust wake up one day FAT and OBESE. Ididn’t wake up one day and say I want to be LEAN and MUSCULAR, either. I have wanted to START for years.

It is EASY. It isEASY to become OVERWHELMED. It is EASYto open a bag of Doritos, smoke a cigarette, and drink Mt. Dew and try to makea DECISION… tomorrow. ANALYSIS of PARALYSIS.

I think…you gotta have FAITH. I think you have to jump in feet first andCOMMIT to the endeavor. I think it isIMPORTANT to lay a solid FOUNDATION in the beginning. I will start with a BASIC template fornutrition, weight training, and cardiovascular exercise. Something basic, that can be easily maintainedwhile seeing progress. Each MONTH I willbegin to ADD/SUBTRACT from each of the (3) to maintain steady progress.

FUCK easy!!!

Default Day 6: Saturday, June 1, 2K13

I spent the whole day, Friday, and the first half of thisSaturday fixing my sprinkler system. Ihave over (50) sprinkler heads that I had to dig up to find out if they neededto be replaced or if my irrigation pipes had any leaks. GOOD NEWS!!!! I did not have any leaky irrigation pipes, but I did have to replacewell over 20 sprinkler heads. I considerthat an easy way to get in a lot of low impact activity. I did spend a lot of time digging a lot ofholes, getting up & down, walking back and forth to my shut-off valve toeach sprinkler head ( sometimes 2-3X/ head), and of course packing andprotecting each sprinkler head with cement donuts. BAD NEWS!!!! My fiancéindirectly told me yesterday morning that I am FAT. She was mentioning people in general andOBESITY and remarked, “QUIT EATING FOR AWHILE!!!” WE started laughing, but immediately tearswelled up in my eyes and she knew I took it personally. I have wanted to change this for some yearsnow and have been thinking about it a lot since I had seen pictures of us on ourvacation to the Dominican Republic at the beginning of May this year. I was not this person when we first met 8years ago. I was 250lbs. I was very active. I can’t blame her; she didn’t sign up forthis. “Why not try the 423lbs tub ofLARD instead of the 250lbs of rock hard meathead?” LOL! I don’t necessarily want to be 250lbs. of muscle;I do want to be healthier as I get older. (I rather hear it from her, thananyone else.) Not only does she love me;she is truly being my BESTFRIEND, too.
    So for the rest of the day I am going to try some of theadvice my fiancé gave me and “QUIT EATING FOR AWHILE!!!”

Default Day 8: Monday, June 3, 2K13

Well, I did a lot of yard work this weekend. Went to Home Depot this weekend and boughtall new yard/lawn equipment. Spent alittle over $800. I definitely got somegreat prices for everything that I will need. Since I am in Florida, and June 1st kicked off HURRICANEseason. We have received rain every day since. This will count as a lot of NEATcalories burned, at least once a week.
    NEAT (Non-ExerciseActivity Thermogenesis) is just a fancy way of getting more active outsideof one’s typical exercise routine. Anyonecan expend more NEAT calories by becoming more active throughout their day thanusual. Take the stairs instead of theelevator, stand instead of sitting down, etc. For me, Wednesday will be the designated day for yard work. Mowing, edging, whacking, pruning, blowing,and raking should help expend extra calories just by moving around more.
    I will start logging my exercise activity and diet regiment,shortly. Good news!!! 380lbs. (-3lbs from last Memorial Day Monday) NEAT.

Day 8: Part II
    It's gonna be slow goin' at first. A lot of the things that are at the beginning; everyone can do.......for example:
    I hate doing cardio (Who doesn't???).... so I need to find ways to make it interesting enough for me to do it (I definitely need it, too), and continue to improve upon.
    So this is what I will be doing over the next couple of weeks.
    Treadmill Run: 1 mile / 1.0 INC / 3.0 MPH - 221 cals = 19:44
    (Pathetic, I know.)
    Throughout the next couple of weeks I need to pick up the pace, increase the incline, or a combination of both to continue to improve my overall fitness level.

OLYMPIAN

Good job man. Keep going.

Default 60 Min Treadmill 2.5 SPD 6.0 INC 692 CALS 151 HR

60 Min Treadmill 2.5 SPD 6.0 INC 692 CALS 151 HR

Thanks bro, I appreciate the encouragement.

Default Day 11: Thursday, June 6, 2K13

Day 11: Thursday, June 6, 2K13
    Well, Wednesday, I spent the better part of 6.5 hours doing all of my lawn work. Mowing, weeding, edging, whacking, pruning, raking, and spraying down the outside of my house for the normal outside pests. I felt like total SHIT after doing that yesterday.
    Today, I think I have definitely gone through my "METABOLIC SHIFT."
    60 min ELLIPTICAL Level 1 / 127-130 MHR / 295 Cals / 2.76 Miles

Default Day 12: Friday, June 7, 2K13

Day 12: Friday, June 7, 2K13
    60 MIN ELLIPTICAL / 118-124 MHR / 440 CALS / 3.70 MILES

Default Day 15: Monday, June 10, 2K13

Saturday, June 8, 2K13
    60 MIN ELLIPTICAL / 118-121 / 350 CALS / 2.84 MILES
    Sunday, June 9, 2K13
    OFF
    Monday, June 10, 2K13
    373LBS