Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anadrol for women

Editors note: this is all self contrived by the OP and should not be taken to heart as gospel. there are a LOT of holes in this post, so please, read through the entire post as there are opinions form those that have been there and done that AND those in the scientific know. Carry on.

This was a post from IPL from her personal experiences.

Anadrol for women~

Women can have nice results from anadrol as well. Usually taken in a dosage range of 25-30mgs. More experienced AAS users can combine it with Test Prop, for even more dramatic effects. Also stacks well with Primo, EQ or NPP. Although keep in mind more is not always better when it comes to AAS use.
    I would always recommend choosing one AAS and seeing just what type of gains and results you achieve from its use. Then if you chose to stack, combine AAS's you;ve used previously and know how your body will respond, again I would keep the attitude of less is more.

Usually cycles are only for 6 weeks on the anadrol, just to keep things on the safe side, keeping sides to a minimum, as well as protecting the liver.
    Its intake can cause many considerable side effects. Since it is I 7-alpha alkylated it is very liver-toxic. Most users can expect certain pathological changes in their liver values after approximately one week. An increase in liver values of both the enzymes GOT and GPT also called transaminases, often cannot be avoided. Elevated GOT and GPT values are indications of hepatitis, i.e. a liver infection. Those who discontinue oxymetholone will usually show normal values within two months. Longer intake and/or higher doses can cause a yellow discoloration of fingernails, eyes, or skin 0aundice). This is because oxymetholone induces an increase of biliburin in the liver, producing a bile pigment which causes the yellow discoloring of the skin. The liver enzyme gamma-GT also reacts sensitively to the oxymetholone, causing it to elevate. If high dosages of Anadrol 50 are taken over a long period, there is an increased risk that the de-scribed liver changes could end up damaging the liver. During the intake of Anadrol 50, the liver values, GOT, GPT, bilirubin, gamma--GT and alkaline phosphatase (AP), as well as the LDH/HBDH quotient, should always be checked by a competent physician. Anadrol 50 (representing all oxymetholone-containing steroid products) is the only anabolic/androgenic steroid which was linked with liver cancer.

So its a really strong AAS that should be taken with care, and total body awareness.
    But you can make some really dramatic gains in very short periods of time, which is a big plus for most who chose to use this. Like any AAS some are more prone to sides than others, I've seen women who swear by this AAS and Have a total love affair with it, having no problems what so ever!!
    With any AAS remember that time on equals time off!! Keep it safe!

Stay Strong~~!!!
    IPL

I always considered Anadrol very harsh and the gains are temporary. Also many people say it kills their appetite. I have no personal experience with it but it was always one of those 'stay away from it' drugs

OLYMPIAN

I personally have never used this drug before but I have also heard similar stories from it. I heard that it really affects the appetite and also has some harsh side effects to it. I would stay away from this one at all costs. A good one to use would be anavar. No harsh sides and very effective

IFBB Pro & Senior Forum Administrator tammyp's Avatar

never ever would I suggest a woman take this. its pretty old school for men these days as it is.
    APS HI TECH PHARMACEUTICALS ATHLETE
    Hersuppz.com code TAMMY
    www.team-tammyfitness.com
    pushpullgrind.com code TEAM TAMMY

My thoughts exactly Tammy....that's the reason I chipped in on this thread. The only instance I would see a woman using this was if a shmoe really wanted to beef her up.....lol....just being real
    And it is VERY old school.....

When I think about this one guy I know who pops Anadrol like tictacs... dude is one of those guys whose answer to everything is "UP THE DOSE". He's a big barrel-chested guy (read: heart attack imminent) who continues to lift heavy even tho he's completely screwed up his back. He is ALWAYS bloated and red-faced - oh yea, btw he's got naturally high BP. Dude is 5 years younger than me and I feel like he should be dead 5 times over already.

I just can't imagine WHY a woman would need to run Anadrol. I'm also surprised at the 6 week recommendation for an anadrol cycle. Even Captain Roid I was referring to above is religious about running it only for 4 weeks because of the liver toxicity.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh Penman View Post
    I always considered Anadrol very harsh and the gains are temporary. Also many people say it kills their appetite. I have no personal experience with it but it was always one of those 'stay away from it' drugs
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyElTigre View Post
    I personally have never used this drug before but I have also heard similar stories from it. I heard that it really affects the appetite and also has some harsh side effects to it. I would stay away from this one at all costs. A good one to use would be anavar. No harsh sides and very effective
    Quote Originally Posted by tammyp View Post
    never ever would I suggest a woman take this. its pretty old school for men these days as it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leigh Penman View Post
    My thoughts exactly Tammy....that's the reason I chipped in on this thread. The only instance I would see a woman using this was if a shmoe really wanted to beef her up.....lol....just being real
    And it is VERY old school.....

Thank you all for the replies and your thoughts on this.I was wondering why none of you would "ever" as you stated recommend drol to a woman if none of you have any personal experience with it? Not saying your opinions are wrong at all,just curious as to why your opinions are this way? Because of stories about how harsh drol "can" be? This article was written by a competitive female bber on her personal experience with its use and those she's helped in using it and its worked out very well for her.

ANY AAS can be harsh if taken incorrectly and abused.That in addition to the fact that everyone will react differently to and stimuli,be it AAS,Training,Diet,Supp's etc so IMHO you can never blanket one particular item for EVERYONE.

Now in addition to this,drol being an oral with a short active life if things start to become too harsh for someone,they can change their dosage or stop using it completely and they will be back to normal in a matter of a day or so correct so why say never without the firsthand knowledge to see how things could go?

Now of course,the doses for women are completely different than men,but that's a given.Doesn't mean you don't take something.You just take it appropriately.

Again,I really do appreciate all of your replies and opinions on this and only trying to more understand your thoughts on this.Please dont take it any other way.

I also do have to respectively disagree on drol being old school.Drol is still widely used by men and also plenty of women.

Oh yes,and one last thing on the comment of only using drol to recommended by a "shmoe trying to beef her up"
    are you suggesting that none of today's female bber's take anything other than var? Some of them are as big as men so did they get this "beefed up" from var alone? Not being insulting at all so please dont take it that way,just trying to keep things in perspective.

Here's another article on drol and women that I thought you may be interested in.........

What are the Best Steroids for Women?

Q: What are the best anabolic steroid for women? Are Anavar and Primobolan the best bets to minimize masculinizing side effects?

A: It may seem surprising but IMO Anadrol (oxymetholone) is a good choice for women who wish to be conservative yet have very effective results.

I don’t specialize in cycles for women and don’t choose to involve myself with it — it almost only happens when the wife of someone I’m working with wants to use some anabolic steroids as well — but I haven’t seen 25 mg/day in divided doses go wrong yet.

Medically, you’d be astonished at the doses women and even girls have taken with very low virilization rates. So anyway, contrary to what intuition might suggest, Anadrol is not one of the riskier choices for women.

That aside, 15 mg/day of Anavar (oxandrolone) will be virilizing in quite a few cases. Probably about 5 mg/day of oxandrolone is comparable to 25 mg/day Anadrol (divided doses) for risk.

Primobolan up to 50 mg/week, divided injections, is a common and reasonable choice, but has some risk: not a particularly high rate though.

I first learned of [Anadrol for women] from Dan Duchaine. In the earlier parts of Denise Rutkowski’s career, he had her on 25 mg/day Anadrol. I don’t think I’m disclosing a secret here because he also published this. She obviously did very well with it and at that point she was not virilized at all. So from him mentioning this to me, I looked further into it.

The medical doses are pretty astonishing. The reason that 50 mg is the tablet size is because that’s the standard minimal medical dose, including for women and children! It used to be used extensively for improving red blood cell count.

I’m sure I could find it again, and I’ve posted it before, but there’s at least one paper in the literature reporting doses used for quite a large number of women and reporting low incidence of any side effects. And these doses were often more than 50 mg/day. Sometimes much more.
    And further, personally I’ve never seen 25 mg/day go wrong.

I’m not saying it can’t: you see some women developing hoarse voices and facial hair naturally with time, so there must be some women that are right on the edge. But generally speaking, this is a conservative dose, yet quite effective.

The mg amount that women can tolerate of Anadrol is markedly higher than any other anabolic steroid. However, that said, it’s also true that effect per mg is less, but not enough so to make up the safety difference IMO. I would put 25 mg/day Anadrol (in divided doses) up against 50 mg/week Primo any time for effectiveness and it’s at least equally conservative.

Another thing about Anadrol that’s remarkable is that other anabolic steroids are very easily disruptive of the menstrual cycle. Even dosages such as 2.5 mg oxandrolone 2x/day commonly raise issues. Anadrol however medically has shown often only moderate effect on the menstrual cycle at 50 mg/day, and in my too-limited experience with it (as I generally don’t work with women on steroid cycles) 25 mg/day only lightened and shortened the cycles slightly. Remarkably less disruptive.

As a rough rule of thumb: take a dosage that would be quite moderate for a man, nearly the minimum likely to be recommended that could still give reasonable results for a novice, then divide by 10 to have something that’s moderate but effective for a woman.

(I don’t mean effective in the women’s pro bodybuilding sense.)

For each individual steroid, my suggested mild-but-effective dosage range may differ from the above slightly, and of course the above also is only approximate because there will be diffferent opinions as to what would be moderate for a man. But if having nothing else to work with, if you see or are considering a dosage and want to do a quick “reality check,” the above can help. For example, say that someone is proposing EQ at 100 mg/week.

Multiply by 10, and our comparison would be to 1000 mg/week of EQ for a man. That’s well above being a mild cycle. So we can see at a glance that this EQ dose is off, without having had to remember specific values for each steroid.

I’d also take Winstrol out of the equation, as it’s possible (I’m not certain) it has a somewhat worse benefits/risk ratio for women than most other anabolic steroids.

Also in general I’d forget stacking for women.

Returning to the stacks you asked about, and in general to anabolic steroids other than Anadrol for women:

I can’t say that it couldn’t possibly be that some stacking method might give better ratio of muscle gain to side effects, but as to whether we know what that is, that’s another question entirely. The best understood uses are single-drug, and single-drug works fine. Primo or Anadrol are my top two choices for bodybuilding and fitness; oxandrolone is also acceptable but must be lower dosed than those two; for quality of life enhancement, very very low dose testosterone works fine.

Given we're talking about individuals' experiences and lack of viable studies - if you're at the point of choosing to use anadrol - chances are you are mature enough in your experiences and decisions to give it a shot if you want. I'm not one to get into that argument except in the arena of people who are new simply because they have nothing of their own experience to base anything on.

These days it's getting so all the discussions about what FBBs use is getting irrelevant. I thought the whole point of WPD was to reduce drug use in the sport.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

Quote Originally Posted by sassy69 View Post
    Given we're talking about individuals' experiences and lack of viable studies - if you're at the point of choosing to use anadrol - chances are you are mature enough in your experiences and decisions to give it a shot if you want. I'm not one to get into that argument except in the arena of people who are new simply because they have nothing of their own experience to base anything on.

These days it's getting so all the discussions about what FBBs use is getting irrelevant. I thought the whole point of WPD was to reduce drug use in the sport.

Thanks for the reply sassy.

I agree to what you're saying about lacking viable studies.From what ive learned over the years is there is no better study than actually experience.While studies change their findings with each,having so many variables that affect those studies as well as the plethora of motives behind them,who's to say whats right or wrong anyway.

Also as we both agree upon,everyone reacts differently to all things so what works great for one may work horribly to another so is either of them wrong about the benefits/dis-advantages of any given compound? The answer is no,they're both right.From their own personal experiences.

How many have taken tren and loved it and have had very little negative sides? Now how many have taken it and had to stop right away due to the harsh sides?? Does that mean tren is good or bad? The answer is both,depending on whom you speak to.

While I respect everyones opinion and try to learn from everyone as much as I can with each passing day,I also try to research as much as I can myself and form my own opinions based on those experiences.I NEVER say to anyone....."YOU SHOULD NEVER DO THAT" or ......."YOU SHOULD NEVER TRY THAT" unless there is an immediate and obvious risk.

Thanks again for your reply and to all that have.I appreciate the opinions and from hearing all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by sassy69 View Post

Now thats a topic for an entirely different discussion.LOL

IFBB Pro & Senior Forum Administrator tammyp's Avatar

I say this bc common sense and my knowledge and experience tells me so that's why. and who exactly are you fist to be posting your "knowledge" in the womens fem chem section BTW?
    APS HI TECH PHARMACEUTICALS ATHLETE
    Hersuppz.com code TAMMY
    www.team-tammyfitness.com
    pushpullgrind.com code TEAM TAMMY

I read that Dan Duchaine put Vicky Gates on Anadrol way back....and yes I have heard of women who use and have used it. I just don't think that for most women the bloat that it reportedly causes would be tolerable....and that is just a visible side effect.
    However with or without the competitive sport of women's bodybuilding there will always be women who want to push their bodies to the extreme (there are many huge female bb's who do not compete) and I guess the decision whether to use this chemical or not is up to them. I just cant see any long term benefit though......

There are studies of females using Anadrol but its a risky drug for them at "higher" doses. In the study below only 10 of the participants were female out of 89. The doses and duration were quite robust for either gender.

AIDS. 2003 Mar 28;17(5):699-710.

Double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled phase III trial of oxymetholone for the treatment of HIV wasting.

Hengge UR, Stocks K, Wiehler H, Faulkner S, Esser S, Lorenz C, Jentzen W, Hengge D, Goos M, Dudley RE, Ringham G.
    STD-Unit, Department of Dermatology and Venerology, University of Essen, Germany. [email protected]

BACKGROUND: Despite highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART), chronic involuntary weight loss still remains a serious problem in the care of HIV patients. Various alterations in energy metabolism and endocrine regulation have been found to cause loss of lean body mass (LBM) and body cell mass (BCM). Previous studies in HIV-positive men undergoing androgen replacement therapy or treatment with recombinant growth hormone (rGH) have shown partial restoration of LBM, but these treatments have largely been ineffective in eugonadal individuals.

STUDY DESIGN: Double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial of 89 HIV-positive women and men with wasting assigned to the anabolic steroid oxymetholone [50 mg twice (BID) or three times daily (TID)] or placebo for 16 weeks followed by open-label treatment.

STUDY ENDPOINTS: Body weight, bioimpedance measurements, quality of life parameters and appetite. RESULTS: Oxymetholone led to a significant weight gain of 3.0 +/- 0.5 and 3.5 +/- 0.7 kg in the TID and BID groups, respectively (P < 0.05 for each treatment versus placebo), whereas individuals in the placebo group gained an average of 1.0 +/- 0.7 kg. Body cell mass increased in the oxymetholone BID group (3.8 +/- 0.4 kg; P < 0.0001) and in the oxymetholone TID group (2.1 +/- 0.6 kg; P < 0.005), corresponding to 12.4 and 7.4% of baseline BCM, respectively. Significant improvements were noted in appetite and food intake, increased well-being and reduced weakness by self-examination. The most important adverse event was liver-associated toxicity. Overall, 35% of patients in the TID, 27% of patients in the BID oxymetholone group and no patients in the placebo group had a greater than five times baseline increase for alanine aminotransferase during the double-blind phase of the study.

CONCLUSIONS: Oxymetholone can be considered an effective anabolic steroid in eugonadal male and female patients with AIDS-associated wasting. The BID (100 mg/day) regimen appeared to be equally effective as the TID (150 mg/day) regimen in terms of weight gain, LBM and BCM and was associated with less, but still significant liver toxicity.

All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a doctor before using any medications. heavyiron does not advocate readers engage in any illegal activity.

Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    There are studies of females using Anadrol but its a risky drug for them at "higher" doses. In the study below only 10 of the participants were female out of 89. The doses and duration were quite robust for either gender.

AIDS. 2003 Mar 28;17(5):699-710.

Double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled phase III trial of oxymetholone for the treatment of HIV wasting.

Hengge UR, Stocks K, Wiehler H, Faulkner S, Esser S, Lorenz C, Jentzen W, Hengge D, Goos M, Dudley RE, Ringham G.
    STD-Unit, Department of Dermatology and Venerology, University of Essen, Germany. [email protected]

BACKGROUND: Despite highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART), chronic involuntary weight loss still remains a serious problem in the care of HIV patients. Various alterations in energy metabolism and endocrine regulation have been found to cause loss of lean body mass (LBM) and body cell mass (BCM). Previous studies in HIV-positive men undergoing androgen replacement therapy or treatment with recombinant growth hormone (rGH) have shown partial restoration of LBM, but these treatments have largely been ineffective in eugonadal individuals.

STUDY DESIGN: Double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial of 89 HIV-positive women and men with wasting assigned to the anabolic steroid oxymetholone [50 mg twice (BID) or three times daily (TID)] or placebo for 16 weeks followed by open-label treatment.

STUDY ENDPOINTS: Body weight, bioimpedance measurements, quality of life parameters and appetite. RESULTS: Oxymetholone led to a significant weight gain of 3.0 +/- 0.5 and 3.5 +/- 0.7 kg in the TID and BID groups, respectively (P < 0.05 for each treatment versus placebo), whereas individuals in the placebo group gained an average of 1.0 +/- 0.7 kg. Body cell mass increased in the oxymetholone BID group (3.8 +/- 0.4 kg; P < 0.0001) and in the oxymetholone TID group (2.1 +/- 0.6 kg; P < 0.005), corresponding to 12.4 and 7.4% of baseline BCM, respectively. Significant improvements were noted in appetite and food intake, increased well-being and reduced weakness by self-examination. The most important adverse event was liver-associated toxicity. Overall, 35% of patients in the TID, 27% of patients in the BID oxymetholone group and no patients in the placebo group had a greater than five times baseline increase for alanine aminotransferase during the double-blind phase of the study.

CONCLUSIONS: Oxymetholone can be considered an effective anabolic steroid in eugonadal male and female patients with AIDS-associated wasting. The BID (100 mg/day) regimen appeared to be equally effective as the TID (150 mg/day) regimen in terms of weight gain, LBM and BCM and was associated with less, but still significant liver toxicity.

Great article.Thanks for posting it.Those are definitely some HIGH doses.What's important to note is even with those mega doses,liver toxicity was the only real health concern that quickly returned after dis-continuance of its use.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast