Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I was a traditionalist. However, I now appreciate MPD and bikini. Record numbers of competitors brings record numbers of fans and ticket sales. It's already evolved since it's introduction, and will continue to evolve.

Ex Ass, now just annoying swingslammer's Avatar

Just out of curiosity...if MPD mandated a switch to a posing suit how many MPD competitors would quit?

I wonder how many competed the first time simply because they did not have to wear a posing suit?

P.s. I competed as a novice at 15......because the TEEN class had not been invented yet! I took a lot of whoopins before I put on enough size to even look like a real Bodybuilder.

I really don't understand the argument and hatred toward MPD. It's not bodybuilding. Women's physique isn't bodybuilding, figure isn't bodybuilding, bikini isn't bodybuilding. Only bodybuilding is bodybuilding and every division is a pageant show when you boil it down. They just have different standards and judging criteria. It makes no sense to come out and call one division more valid or legitimate than the other. One doesn't take anything away from the other. They aren't giving out less pro cards because MPD and bikini get pro cards. If anything the added divisions are creating more opportunities for shows by bringing in more competitors and spectators and ultimately revenue. So they get pro cards, so what? Your putting this pro card status as some sort of holy grail. If you get a pro card in MPD its not the same as getting a pro card in bodybuilding. It's also ironic you call MPD mens bikini when MPD is wearing board shorts and bodybuilding is wearing the speedo bikinis.

You calling it a joke and completely dismissing it like its the easy path is also ridiculous. I've seen many NPC shows where the physique competitors actually looked much better than the bodybuilders. Attacking the poses and attire is like saying basketball is pathetic and football is way better. It makes no sense because they aren't the same thing and aren't comparable.
    Bottom line, if you don't like it that's completely fine and okay but your arguments against it make no sense at all. You're entitled to your opinion but that doesn't mean your opinion doesn't makes you come off as ignorant.

I also want to add I make all of my statements as someone who is a fan of bodybuilding and not MPD. However, I have an open enough mind to realize that everyone's into different things and no one's opinion is "right". If you don't like something no one is forcing you to come watch it. Just don't be so close minded that you can't see its actually helping everything as a whole.
    "If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe." - Joe Rogan

Managing Dir., Rx Muscle Forums Curt James's Avatar
    Big Jeff's Family Restaurant, 815 Fremont Ave, South Pasadena, CA

Quote Originally Posted by swingslammer View Post
    Just out of curiosity...if MPD mandated a switch to a posing suit how many MPD competitors would quit?

I wonder how many competed the first time simply because they did not have to wear a posing suit?
    That's a good point. Look at Arnold's shorts versus Ronnie's thong.

Some competitors might just not appreciate today's posing trunks.

There is a custom swim suit shop near where I live. As far as I can tell.it is only women's suits bit I really want to go in there and ask them if they can make me an "Old school" Arnold/ 70s posing suit. I would so much wear it at a contest!

RX MEMBER

borat-THONG.jpg

How about a Borat mankini for MPD?

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobysnacks View Post
    I really would have preferred a mens classical division. For those who bodybuild but may not want to push certain envelopes as far and have a more slight frame to carry all that size. More of a Zane-ish criteria. They have it I think overseas in IFBB Europe if Im not mistaken.
    They do have whats called a 'classic class' here in the UK. Can't say its all that popular to be fair.

I think the mens physique is quite good as it brings numbers and is more mainstream friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by hifrommike65 View Post
    borat-THONG.jpg

How about a Borat mankini for MPD?
    No no no no.., why??? Make it stop mommy!..

HTW

Quote Originally Posted by JAM View Post
    I really don't understand the argument and hatred toward MPD. It's not bodybuilding. Women's physique isn't bodybuilding, figure isn't bodybuilding, bikini isn't bodybuilding. Only bodybuilding is bodybuilding and every division is a pageant show when you boil it down. They just have different standards and judging criteria. It makes no sense to come out and call one division more valid or legitimate than the other. One doesn't take anything away from the other. They aren't giving out less pro cards because MPD and bikini get pro cards. If anything the added divisions are creating more opportunities for shows by bringing in more competitors and spectators and ultimately revenue. So they get pro cards, so what? Your putting this pro card status as some sort of holy grail. If you get a pro card in MPD its not the same as getting a pro card in bodybuilding. It's also ironic you call MPD mens bikini when MPD is wearing board shorts and bodybuilding is wearing the speedo bikinis.

You calling it a joke and completely dismissing it like its the easy path is also ridiculous. I've seen many NPC shows where the physique competitors actually looked much better than the bodybuilders. Attacking the poses and attire is like saying basketball is pathetic and football is way better. It makes no sense because they aren't the same thing and aren't comparable.
    Bottom line, if you don't like it that's completely fine and okay but your arguments against it make no sense at all. You're entitled to your opinion but that doesn't mean your opinion doesn't makes you come off as ignorant.

I also want to add I make all of my statements as someone who is a fan of bodybuilding and not MPD. However, I have an open enough mind to realize that everyone's into different things and no one's opinion is "right". If you don't like something no one is forcing you to come watch it. Just don't be so close minded that you can't see its actually helping everything as a whole.
    Huh?? No one would ever say that. Two different sports, but two different leagues. NBA and NFl. Bb and mpd are in the same league, IFBB. Answer this for me, would mr Olympia and or Arnold classic exist if it wasn't for bodybuilding??? If show numbers are down in local NPc shows then to me that means promoters need to work harder . Put on a great show in an area that will support the sport and people will show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
    Someone please explain how Men's Physique can be called such, when they 'compete' (lol) with their entire thighs covered by very fruity shorts?

Women's Physique competitors, (and they deserve to be called such because they actually hit poses), display their thigh muscularity, and the comparison is justified, because if we are to agree that WPD was created as a less muscular alternative to WBB, as MPD was created to be a less muscular MBB, then again, please explain how it can be taken seriously.

Men's Physique is a male bikini contest and nothing more.

Much in the same as (imo) bikini competitors aren't deserrving of pro cards, neither are MPD competitors.

Yet, what we see are the majority of pro cards being given out to those two classes. Pathetic.
    Gotta agree about the stupid looking shorts
    They should wear the posing briefs that were around in the early 50s

At least have them come out with something like this. I have a feeling some of these guys slack in the leg development and this would be a great way to show their entire body and hardwork.

726m.jpg

http://www.trinimikes.com
    Paid Banner Advertisement

The way to get rid of it, would be for them not to have participants. They have more participants than there is BB participants, so it seems they are here to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple-H_2005 View Post
    It is a joke.

And to those that argue about an "entry point" for those not "big enough"...when did this become Little League? Does everyone need a trophy? Are your egos THAT fragile?

How about this? How about do what I did for 5 years after leaving the Teenage Division? Take your ass-whippings like a man and keep working until you earn a win.

I detest this board shorts-clad bullcrap.
    TRUTH!

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobysnacks View Post
    I really would have preferred a mens classical division. For those who bodybuild but may not want to push certain envelopes as far and have a more slight frame to carry all that size. More of a Zane-ish criteria. They have it I think overseas in IFBB Europe if Im not mistaken.
    X2 I am still hoping THIS is what the division will evolve into.

RX MEMBER

What irks a lot of bodybuilders about MPD is that it appears to lower the bar for what a competitor has to do to prepare for a show. I would like to see said bodybuilders do the circuit training, cross training, & plyometrics required to be a solid MPD competitor. Also, I'd like to see bodybuilders come into their shows in the shape that MPD guys do. I've never seen an MPD competitor out of shape. I have often seen bodybuilders who weren't in shape but still onstage.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast