Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    The Godzilla of RX

Default MPD is a joke of a division

Someone please explain how Men's Physique can be called such, when they 'compete' (lol) with their entire thighs covered by very fruity shorts?

Women's Physique competitors, (and they deserve to be called such because they actually hit poses), display their thigh muscularity, and the comparison is justified, because if we are to agree that WPD was created as a less muscular alternative to WBB, as MPD was created to be a less muscular MBB, then again, please explain how it can be taken seriously.

Men's Physique is a male bikini contest and nothing more.

Much in the same as (imo) bikini competitors aren't deserrving of pro cards, neither are MPD competitors.

Yet, what we see are the majority of pro cards being given out to those two classes. Pathetic.

Forum Leader: Contest Prep Scoobysnacks's Avatar

I really would have preferred a mens classical division. For those who bodybuild but may not want to push certain envelopes as far and have a more slight frame to carry all that size. More of a Zane-ish criteria. They have it I think overseas in IFBB Europe if Im not mistaken.
    www.scoobyprep.com
    Unleash Your Potential

Quote Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
    Someone please explain how Men's Physique can be called such, when they 'compete' (lol) with their entire thighs covered by very fruity shorts?

Women's Physique competitors, (and they deserve to be called such because they actually hit poses), display their thigh muscularity, and the comparison is justified, because if we are to agree that WPD was created as a less muscular alternative to WBB, as MPD was created to be a less muscular MBB, then again, please explain how it can be taken seriously.

Much in the same as (imo) bikini competitors aren't deserrving of pro cards, neither are MPD competitors.

Yet, what we see are the majority of pro cards being given out to those two classes. Pathetic.

honestly...it pays the bills. Look at large regional shows like the mike francois classic, ohio state bodybuilding championships and the list is a mile long where shows have record low amounts of bodybuilders and through the roof engtries for figure, physique, and bikini.

A record number of shows dropped mens bodybuilding in '12 altogether and that trend is going to continue in '13 and '14.

it's sad...but true

The Godzilla of RX

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobysnacks View Post
    I really would have preferred a mens classical division. For those who bodybuild but may not want to push certain envelopes as far and have a more slight frame to carry all that size. More of a Zane-ish criteria. They have it I think overseas in IFBB Europe if Im not mistaken.
    To a degree that is what the 212lb class is, and I love that division too. Granted there are relative mass monsters (which I am the biggest fan of), in guys like Raymond, et al, but still the classical nature is most evident there.

MPD has no place whatsoever in the NPC/IFBB, and its upcoming presence at the Olympia, espcially, is a farce.

The Godzilla of RX

Quote Originally Posted by Flex500 View Post
    honestly...it pays the bills. Look at large regional shows like the mike francois classic, ohio state bodybuilding championships and the list is a mile long where shows have record low amounts of bodybuilders and through the roof engtries for figure, physique, and bikini.

A record number of shows dropped mens bodybuilding in '12 altogether and that trend is going to continue in '13 and '14.

it's sad...but true
    Yet still, at the last two comp I competed in, they made the men's BB go last at the night show - why? - to keep everyone from leaving early.

MBB is still and will always be the main draw.

Ex Ass, now just annoying swingslammer's Avatar

All I have to say is thank God they are calling it the men's physique showdown and not Mr Olympia physique! To still call it the 212 showdown and have a bikini Olympia? What wa ???

Maniacal, I respect your opinion, you're no doubt a knowledgeable guy and one of the biggest dudes on these boards... BUT here is my take...

I have always wanted to compete in an NPC show, never have been big enough to do bb, and not willing to do certain things needed to be... Placings don't really matter to me at all, but at the same time I don't want to come in blatantly dead last either... So when the MPD came in, that kinda made me excited to be able to compete in an NPC show and be competitive... Currently 5 weeks out from the Europa Dallas, and I'm getting excited!

Do I think the board shorts are kinda weird, yes, IMO it should be like boxer briefs or something, that way it will show the entire leg... I LOVE bb, its my fav sport and MPD could never hold a candle to bb, but it kinda gives a few other people a chance as well...this was just my .02
    Last edited by Dadup; 07-10-2013 at 02:38 PM.
    "But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: while we were yet sinners Christ died for us."
    – Romans 5:8

https://www.facebook.com/48PhysiqueEnhancement

welcome to 2 years ago.

Yet still, at the last two comp I competed in, they made the men's BB go last at the night show - why? - to keep everyone from leaving early.

I encourage you to go to ANY of the NPC shows and look at the number of MBB vs MP entries.

its close, but MP wins out all the time in number of competitors.

i agree, the fans want to see the freak show.

its upcoming presence at the Olympia, espcially, is a farce.
    Lets get a take on their paid audience vs. the 212s in Vegas. Now if they out do the 212s then I am truly blessed to be a part of the Golden Years and cherish the memories. We could be tetering at the crest of Bodybuilding as we know/knew it. Seems as if one day in the next decade the last Bodybuilder will pose to Auld Lang Syne and be asked to turn out the lights.

Baldie
    MY MIND & BODY ARE AT ONE WITH MY POWER & STRENGTH............JM

Managing Dir., Rx Muscle Forums Curt James's Avatar
    Big Jeff's Family Restaurant, 815 Fremont Ave, South Pasadena, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobysnacks View Post
    I believe you're correct. http://www.ifbb.com/page_report.php?id=110

And if I'm not mistaken NABBA has a Men's Athletic Division for competitors who are not jacked enough to be compete in Open Bodybuilding.

Much in the same as (imo) bikini competitors aren't deserving of pro cards, neither are MPD competitors.

Please be respectful while stating your opinion.

Like Scoobysnacks, I would have preferred Classic Bodybuilding over Men's Physique but I don't see how you can criticize MP when Figure is the same so far as the posing goes. Figure and Men's Physique both do their category's version of posing.

I wish they'd go with the Dave Palumbo shorts recommendation (cut a bit shorter to show off some quad and solid colors), but some competitors prefer a crazier pattern or color scheme.

Plus if MP is focusing on the beach muscles then why not have a biceps shot or a fdb as one of the mandatory poses?

I don't necessarily disagree but there is more entrants in the other divisions. The ohio was pathetic last year and it's usually pretty presigous contest. Backstage the shows are just full of figure, bikini, and MP competotirs.

I'm with you man...it's not a physique contest it's a beauty pageant.

i think you are giving bodybuilding too much credit though. Way more entrants in the other divisions and they bring their family and friends.
    Last edited by Flex500; 07-10-2013 at 03:39 PM.

Managing Dir., Rx Muscle Forums Curt James's Avatar
    Big Jeff's Family Restaurant, 815 Fremont Ave, South Pasadena, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Flex500 View Post
    I don't necessarily disagree but there is more entrants in the other divisions. The ohio was pathetic last year and it's usually pretty presigous contest. Backstage the shows are just full of figure, bikini, and MP competotirs.

I'm with you man...it's not a physique contest it's a beauty pageant.

i think you are giving bodybuilding too much credit though. Way more entrants in the other divisions and they bring their family and friends.
    Bodybuilders are lucky now that Men's Physique appeared. You have someone to beat on now.

I ride a Sportster and always got the dirt about having a half-a-Harley and a girl's Harley. I joked when they came out with the rubber mounted Sportsters:

"Yeah, I ride a REAL Sportster. Not those sissy rubber mounted Sportsters. Mine viiiiiibrbrbrates!"

I've read more than one pre-Men's Physique Division thread where people argued whether bodybuilding was a sport or a pageant.

"Men in speedos, shaved and oiled up pooooosing on a stage. There's the very definition of a macho endeavor. LOOK OUT, RUGBY! The bodybuilders are coming."

With the advent of MPD? At least bodybuilding has a whipping boy now.

It was misnamed. Should be Men's swimsuit, or Testkini.

i got a friend who is doin' his 1st MPD, this weekend, yet he was goin' to do mbb, but changed his mind the middle of his prep to MPD. i teast him alot bout it, yet it is all good.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast