Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    NOVICE

Quote Originally Posted by Malika View Post
    Hi everyone,

Malika, 35, born in France, parents from North Africa, live in Northern Ireland 10 years where I run my own gym with my partner who is a bb.

I have been competing for the last 5 years... Nothing plan this year... Yet!
    Hi Malika, I adore your physique btw.

For anyone who doesn't follow the international scene, Malika is one of the top figure competitors in NABBA.

Nice to meet and read about you all.

Gosh where do I start...
    I'm 31 years old living in Belfast Northern Ireland... I'm starting to train from scratch, yet again. My goals are to reduce my BF% and build lean muscle mass. I have a looooong way to go!

I'm looking forward to joining in with you all throughout the forum and you ladies are sure inspirational as you all look amazing!!!!

Lavinia

Hi everyone,

Malika, 35, born in France, parents from North Africa, live in Northern Ireland 10 years where I run my own gym with my partner who is a bb.

How cool. I'm from NI. You look awesome!

BARBARIAN BROTHER

Quote Originally Posted by dvsness View Post
    What's up with 3 cats - I also have 3... Dammit, Janet and Zoe.

Vanessa Adams
    29 from Brooklyn, NY - and back living there despite brief stints in Austin TX and Vegas.
    My bf and I live together and we both compete.
    I am a member of Team Prolab.
    3 cats r the way to go!

i didnt know you lived in austin and vegas.

Hey Y'all!
    Good to see you guys. Some of you know me, but for those that don't, I'm Karen from Allen, TX. I'm 51 and still working on competing in my first Figure competition (hopefully this year). I know I'm getting a late start, but WTH! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ondrea View Post
    you are a baby lol! didnt know u were so young. wow...good for you... you started young. i respect the teen competitors so much. shit..i was a drinking, partying, crazy fool at 19. good luck with ur switch to fitness.
    Thanks Ondrea!

Quote Originally Posted by CQ! View Post
    Hi Malika, I adore your physique btw.

For anyone who doesn't follow the international scene, Malika is one of the top figure competitors in NABBA.
    Thanks for your kind words!

Quote Originally Posted by p1nkangel View Post
    How cool. I'm from NI. You look awesome!

Thanks!

I live only an hour from you(Derry)!

Quote Originally Posted by Heathergracefitness View Post
    Heather in Denver.

I'm originally from Tacoma and somehow ended up here but am SERIOUSLY eyeing Cali and FL for a move next year- I enjoy CO but really miss the ocean...

Anyway, I am prepping to make my national debut this year and will compete at the Arnold Amateur and then Jr. Nats.

I've been a pretty studious lurker for sometime on the other sites but am really excited about what Dave and John have done here and plan to really take part.
    Tacoma, WA? My brother is up there. I am from WA orignally, Port Angeles and Bellingham.

Thanks!

I live only an hour from you(Derry)!
    I thought so My OH thought he recognised you! We seen you at one of the shows in Ballymena last year held at Seven Towers leisure centre, you weren't competing that night though. I can't remember the name of the show now but it was the first time it was held.

Unfortunately there weren't that many competitors that night but we did arrive a tad late for it.

I look forward to seeing you at more shows, hopefully I will get a chance to see you compete.

I`m Jean-27...From San Luis Obispo, CA

Hi everyone,

Hi Malika

I am planning on competing for the next two years, and if I don't manage to get my nattie pro card, I am retiring my bikinis.

While I love to compete, I find it has thrown off my previous balance I had with my weight/body fat, how I ate and trained.

I was just diagnosed being hypothyroid, which means I haven't been producing enough thyroxine, making my metabolism quite slow, I lost some of my eyebrows, hearing, some of my hair, and get fat quite easily and have had a hard time (almost impossible), dropping below 16% bodyfat.

I think I have had this condition for close to four years, it was really a bit of luck with lab tests and how I was dieting that had me be diagnosed.

Oh yah, I am a biomedical scientist in clinical biochemistry.

I check my bloods every now and then when I am dieting/changing my diet, dehydrating, etc.

I am now going to be monitoring my hormone/thyroxine replacement therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Savaria View Post
    Hi there, my name is Nancy i'm from Ottawa Canada - started in this sport to lose a little weight ended up losing 75lbs I have prep for a comp over a year ago and ready to do it again November 2009.
    Nancy your transformation is incredible. Good luck with all your future training.

Bean44

Hello Ladies!! Hi Ondrea!!! Long time no speakie!!

My name is Jill. (Formerly Ramapo 28 on some of the boards)
    I am 40 yrs old
    Live in Rockland County, NY
    Married with 2 cats!

I just recently had a battle with ovarian cancer over the summer...I am happy to say, I won!!! I am now trying to figure out this surgical menopause thing, and my body without hormones so I can compete this summer!! New site looks great!!

IFBB Pro KRISSY CHIN! KRISSY CHIN's Avatar

Hi Everyone!!!!
    It is so wonderful seeing you all here!
    Krissy Chin here now residing in Ojai, CA
    IFBB Figure PRO/Fitness Model

Just started prep for 2009 and I have the bestest Prep Coach ever!- BIG DAVE of course

Krissyxo
    KRISSY CHIN
    IFBB PRO/Team Gaspari Athlete/Oddo's Pro Angel
    www.krissychin.com
    Team Pro Tan

Hello to all of you ladies.
    Arina Manta ( Fit Doll ), IFBB Pro Figure /Fitness model/Master PT . I was born in Romania ( the country of Dracula ), but I live in Australia for 15 years now.
    I hope to see you at the Arnold C, where I will be at the "Species" booth , working with THE BEST.

Arina

BARBARIAN BROTHER

Quote Originally Posted by ms.karen View Post
    Hey Y'all!
    Good to see you guys. Some of you know me, but for those that don't, I'm Karen from Allen, TX. I'm 51 and still working on competing in my first Figure competition (hopefully this year). I know I'm getting a late start, but WTH! :-)
    hey ms thang! glad to see you here! dont worry...you'll get up on stage one of these days! u want to compete when you're confident and ready and if that takes a little bit longer to get your body ready...well then..that's ok!

Thanks for your kind words!
    welcome...gorgeous glutes!

Quote Originally Posted by figure_22 View Post
    Tacoma, WA? My brother is up there. I am from WA orignally, Port Angeles and Bellingham.
    hey girlie...you need an avi of ur fine ass!

Quote Originally Posted by p1nkangel View Post
    I thought so. My OH thought he recognised you! We seen you at one of the shows in Ballymena last year held at Seven Towers leisure centre, you weren't competing that night though. I can't remember the name of the show now but it was the first time it was held.

Unfortunately there weren't that many competitors that night but we did arrive a tad late for it.

I look forward to seeing you at more shows, hopefully I will get a chance to see you compete.
    welcome dear! hope we can help you achieve your goals!

Quote Originally Posted by jena View Post
    I`m Jean-27...From San Luis Obispo, CA
    welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatyana View Post
    Hi Malika

I am planning on competing for the next two years, and if I don't manage to get my nattie pro card, I am retiring my bikinis.

While I love to compete, I find it has thrown off my previous balance I had with my weight/body fat, how I ate and trained.

I was just diagnosed being hypothyroid, which means I haven't been producing enough thyroxine, making my metabolism quite slow, I lost some of my eyebrows, hearing, some of my hair, and get fat quite easily and have had a hard time (almost impossible), dropping below 16% bodyfat.

I think I have had this condition for close to four years, it was really a bit of luck with lab tests and how I was dieting that had me be diagnosed.

Oh yah, I am a biomedical scientist in clinical biochemistry.

I check my bloods every now and then when I am dieting/changing my diet, dehydrating, etc.

I am now going to be monitoring my hormone/thyroxine replacement therapy.
    hmmm...didnt know that about you tat. that has got to make it extra hard for dieting. good luck with ur competitions.

Quote Originally Posted by npcfigure 40 View Post
    Hello Ladies!! Hi Ondrea!!! Long time no speakie!!

My name is Jill. (Formerly Ramapo 28 on some of the boards)
    I am 40 yrs old
    Live in Rockland County, NY
    Married with 2 cats!

I just recently had a battle with ovarian cancer over the summer...I am happy to say, I won!!! I am now trying to figure out this surgical menopause thing, and my body without hormones so I can compete this summer!! New site looks great!!
    hey jill! how are you???? glad to hear you are doing well. good luck with your goals this year.

Quote Originally Posted by KRISSY CHIN View Post
    Hi Everyone!!!!
    It is so wonderful seeing you all here!
    Krissy Chin here now residing in Ojai, CA
    IFBB Figure PRO/Fitness Model

Just started prep for 2009 and I have the bestest Prep Coach ever!- BIG DAVE of course

Krissyxo
    Quote Originally Posted by Arina Manta View Post
    Hello to all of you ladies.
    Arina Manta ( Fit Doll ), IFBB Pro Figure /Fitness model/Master PT . I was born in Romania ( the country of Dracula ), but I live in Australia for 15 years now.
    I hope to see you at the Arnold C, where I will be at the "Species" booth , working with THE BEST.

Arina
    you hey two...welcome. both gorgeous pros with kick ass bodies!

Glenda Bozett

Default Hi Everybody, It's me Glenda Bozett :)

Hi everybody, I am glad we are all together here.

PENCILNECK

Just wanted to say Hi. Nice to see so many familiar names and faces.

Thanks Andrea.....I put one up now

Hi everyone!!

Michelle
    31 in Northern NJ
    Competed figure for 3 years..took and year off and to be determined whether i will compete again this year!
    Also a makeup artist offering my services at all the Natinal shows as well as the NJ/NY area!!
    Glad to see a bunch of familiar faces here

Hello ladies!
    I am Carolyn, happily married with 2 pups, well they aren't puppies anymore...
    Been competing for 2 yrs, started off in BB but realized I just don't have the body for it-- so I switched over to figure this past year & I lovvve it!
    I will be dieting in May for Team U & of course Dave will be coaching me
    Can't wait to start dieting again!! Its great to be here, lots of great people are on board!

Glenda Bozett

Quote Originally Posted by Tuffgirl410 View Post
    Hello ladies!
    I am Carolyn, happily married with 2 pups, well they aren't puppies anymore...
    Been competing for 2 yrs, started off in BB but realized I just don't have the body for it-- so I switched over to figure this past year & I lovvve it!
    I will be dieting in May for Team U & of course Dave will be coaching me
    Can't wait to start dieting again!! Its great to be here, lots of great people are on board!
    Hey girl, we will rock the team universe, you and me competing nyc can't ask for better, love to see you here mamma

Yeah I cant wait!!

Hey ladies!! Its ChicagoGirl, but decided to use my real name!

I would love to talk more about myself, but I am in total shock that Ondrea has 75 posts already. Good Lord, baby girl!!

Hello! I'm Kristen I'm 26....from North Carolina... former gymnast ... started lifting in 2000... started competing in 07!

Quote Originally Posted by bean44 View Post
    Nancy your transformation is incredible. Good luck with all your future training.

Bean44

Thank you Bean44

hi nancy...congrats so much on your weight loss. awesome transformation. good luck with ur next prep! keep us updated with ur progress.
    Thank you Ondrea.. I will def. keep you gals updated on my progress

Managing Dir., Rx Muscle Forums Curt James's Avatar
    Big Jeff's Family Restaurant, 815 Fremont Ave, South Pasadena, CA

Hey ladies...I know lots of us know eachother already from other boards...but i know there are some newbies on here. So introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about yourself. Lurkers...come out!

Ill go first...though im sure many of you are familiar with me...

Andrea...from Illinois...why i still live here...who knows...i hate snow and cold. 26 years old. not married...have a boyfriend, but shit, lately...i dont know man...maybe i should start looking again! no kids...and honestly...not a fan of them...maybe one day...who knows. going back to school...sociology. though id rather just start fresh with nutrition. been into fitness my whole life...i say fitness not athletics...never got into organized team sports lol. didnt get serious into weight lifting until i was 19...started competed in figure at 22. crossed over to bb this fall. loved it...not looking back. wont compete again until spring 2010. have some lats to grow and some mass to add to my back this year! ive met many great e-friends over the last year and a half since ive been active on the boards and i look forward to making new ones from this board. currently...im a little too heavy for my offseason...i got about 7-10 pounds to lose. i told myself yesterday was start day...so far..ive been good for two days lol. i cannot have many carbs at all...so start day yesterday meant...gotta stay away from the oatmeal and cereal.

okay...enuf about me. im sure you all know plenty about me already and for those who dont...you will.

welcome again to all.
    Thank you for sharing! And re the boyfriend, I saw a tutor at school tonight. She was one in my first group of art students and is a senior this year. She was wearing a t-shirt that said "DUMP HIM!" lol Picture of a guy in the back of a dump truck getting unloaded along with a bunch of dirt.

Not advice at all. I just thought it was a funny logo.

Banned

im taylor but you ladies can call me daddy
    Last edited by TaylorB; 02-11-2009 at 12:12 AM.

BARBARIAN BROTHER

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorB View Post
    im taylor but you ladies can call me daddy
    easy big boy lol. are you saying you want to be a sugar daddy? feel free to sponser any of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Hey ladies!! Its ChicagoGirl, but decided to use my real name!

I would love to talk more about myself, but I am in total shock that Ondrea has 75 posts already. Good Lord, baby girl!!
    lol...you know me..i like my forums. mainly ive been posting in the pit. easy to get ur post count up there. lol.

Banned

now your just trippin hahahah shiiiitttttt

BARBARIAN BROTHER

lol...a gal can try...right? plenty of men like to sponser female competitors!

Banned

u must understand,.... i dont have to pay, i just get to play... im not the same, see i got game.. hahahahahah

NABBA World Universe Class Champion miss figure's Avatar

hey

im rachael i live in england
    im 23 have my own gym, i won the Nabba Miss Universe in 2008 no plans to compete this year but have a few things in the pipe line

xx

Quote Originally Posted by miss figure View Post
    hey

im 23 have my own gym, i won the Nabba Miss Universe in 2008 no plans to compete this year but have a few things in the pipe line

xx
    Top Figure competitor in UK!

NOVICE

Quote Originally Posted by miss figure View Post

hey

xx
    Rachel Grice I assume?

If so, great to have you here. 2 NABBA big names is great. I will be getting a custom title for you [I am pushy] what works?

NABBA World Universe Class Champion miss figure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CQ! View Post
    Rachel Grice I assume?

If so, great to have you here. 2 NABBA big names is great. I will be getting a custom title for you [I am pushy] what works?
    hi CQ

yes its rachael grice, pushy is good it gets things done

xxx

I'm Phyllis. I'm from "hick-ville" Washington. I'm 51, started weight training 2 years ago, it changed my life. I'm separated from my husband of 30 years, have 2 grown kids. I work as a stylist and personal trainer for women.
    I love reading these forums for my own motivation and all the wonderful training tips. You woman inspire me greatly.
    I love going to the shows and being surrounded by like minded people that "get" this lifestyle.

MUSCLEHEAD

Kelly Baker
    30 years old, Married, no kids and not going to change that
    Just me, my hubby, and Sitka the leopard gecko!
    I compete in Tri-Fitness, but will have a go on the Figure stage in April

Default re

Hello Lady,s
    Im Gonneke from Holland
    Age 30
    and love the body-fitness Training
    its a great forum with good help and motivation !

Amy
    From Western Massachusetts
    47 ... a me'me' (grandma) of 2 beautiful little girls (Mom of 2 sons, and 1 daughter.)
    I lift to support my backpacking.
    Been lifting since I was 17.
    I'm a wanderer.

Training hard in Portland Or. I am a Personal Trainer raising 4 kids. Need to stay strong to keep up with three boys, and be able to kill any mug looking at my little girl.lol
    Keep lifting, stay eating and rest. The rest is just filler!

Forum Leader: Rx Strength Headquarters robert da strongman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Baker View Post
    Kelly Baker
    30 years old, Married, no kids and not going to change that
    Just me, my hubby, and Sitka the leopard gecko!
    I compete in Tri-Fitness, but will have a go on the Figure stage in April
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    Amy
    From Western Massachusetts
    47 ... a me'me' (grandma) of 2 beautiful little girls (Mom of 2 sons, and 1 daughter.)
    I lift to support my backpacking.
    Been lifting since I was 17.
    I'm a wanderer.

hello ladies...

Quote Originally Posted by robert da strongman View Post
    hello ladies...
    Hello darlin'! Love the avi!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast