Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Riley Cooper vs Public Opinion

To: Those calling for Riley Coopers head over using the "N" word in response to blacks antagonizing him.

First, Riley made a mistake against a minority, just like Kobe used the "F" word towards the gay community. Apologize and move on. Unfortunately, Riley may lose his job just like Paula Dean.

Society is getting tired of the double standards. I personally had to explain to my child that he cannot use the "N" word after he overheard 7-8 year old black kids at football practice. How do you think a child looks at this? Confusing to say the least. I've also had to explain that as an athlete playing football he will have to fight the stereotype of being white means you're inferior or not as good. It's discrimination, but for some reason its ok?? It's a double standard society. What's good for the goose should be good for the gander right? That's equality my friends. Unfortunately this double standard is like a 2 way street with only one lane.

It's this thinking in society that makes me wonder why I'm expected to coddle an entire race, when the reality is that I don't even coddle my child. Like my father always said to me, "suck it up". Am I saying its ok to discriminate, absolutely not, but lets worry about the man in the mirror before we complain everytime someone doesn't act, think, or speak like us. Paula Dean lost everything over comments made almost 20 years ago. Really?? Once again, this is an example (and a witch hunt) of coddling a race.

We are so concerned with Riley Coopers public retort, but what was said to invoke such a response? The media leaves out, at their convenience, ALL the details. Sell a story, but the bigger story is SELLING OUT AN ENTIRE RACE!! THE WHITE RACE, for the sake of coddling. We didnt become the greatest nation on the planet with a sensitive view of the world. Unfortunately its this attention to sensitivity that is eroding at our core. We live in a POLITICALLY CORRECT society where Bibles are not allowed in schools, but encouraged in prisons! If you've never had an Aha-moment, I hope you just had one.

Don't suggest Riley should walk away and then stand behind Travon Martin for doing essentially the same thing. Nobody wants to be punked in public, so don't be suprised when someone who has played a violent sport his entire life refuses to back to down to some idiot hecklers.

I don't like racism, I do my best not to discriminate in some form or fashion, but I'm human like the next guy. If anyone says they've never discriminated then they are a liar.

Let he who is without sin........

Last edited by gabe_peterson; 08-03-2013 at 05:18 PM.

It's fast becoming a media-created/promoted issue. Stories implicating celebrities for potentially charged remarks sell. The 1st Amendment protects politically incorrect speech; exceptions include hate speech and fighting words. I doubt Cooper meant either. Equality means just that--equality. Any time a special protection (or preferential treatment) is invoked, equality is compromised.

I agree that political "correctness" often compromises Constitutional liberties.

Teaching the bible in public schools is a separate issue irrelevant to political correctness. Not everyone is Christian; therefore, teaching the New Testament in public schools has the possibility of alienating those who do not share your beliefs. In broad terms, this is considered "excessive entanglement" with church and state.
    Last edited by Carnivore; 08-03-2013 at 05:39 PM.

HTW

Story is ridiculous. Havnt watched espn in 2 days because I'm sick of this story. White people crying about how horrible it is to say that word. Black people playing the victim , again. The infamous "N" is probably used hundreds of times a day in the eagles orginization. And no it is not ok for one race to use it and exclude all other people from using it. Can only "fat" people use the word fat? Same thing. Both words intended in a hurtful way. Open your eyes people, whites and blacks will never see eye to eye on everything . I never owned a slave, therefore I don't feel bad for anyone.

Because its easier to blow something like this up than deal w/ the real problems in this country.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

Taking names and revoking man cards - except Kenny Kola - since 2009

We are super PC now, it's very annoying.
    "I know what your thinking. Did I fire 5 shots or did I fire 6 shots. You gotta ask yourself, Do you feel lucky? Well do ya, Punk?"

Hey guys, if the mainstream media didn't distract the average (fat, stupid, lazy) American from the real problems in the world with crap like this, Al and Jesse would have to get real jobs.

And God knows, we just can NOT have that!

Quote Originally Posted by sassy69 View Post
    Because its easier to blow something like this up than deal w/ the real problems in this country.
    Exactly....had a truck missing from the job finally recovered this past week....a lady and her children were livig in it...thats the shit this country should be in a uproar about...not a fucking word...

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

I turn on the local AM talk radio station this morning while I'm taking my shower. They run the news highlights at the top of the hour - 13 people were shot in Chicago last night. Holy fucking Christ. At what point does something like that scream WE HAVE OUR PRIORITIES ALL WRONG!???? Do I think those people were busy giving a shit about some guy using the N word when they were shot? Oh yea, and what about that big bombshell released from CNN about how the CIA is doing everything they can possibly do to ignore the rumor there might've been some shenanigans in Benghazi that does 4 people were killed. Who were they? Oh yea A US AMBASSADOR AND SOME OFF-DUT NAVY SEALS? Eh, who cares. But did you hear about the guy who used the N word?? OMFG!

And the scary thing is, this shit works. We'd rather spend more of our time standing around talking about the GAUL of someone to use THAT WORD because it is OFFENSIVE to our VIRGIN EARS, then wonder why our world seems to be disintegrating our us and our supposedly trusted leaders are completely full of shit, don't care about us and, even worse, REALLY SUCK at covering up their shit. At this point, why do they even bother? Do they think we're that stupid? I dunno, but who cares because THIS GUY USED THE N WORD. OMFG!!!!!

lol /rant
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

hmm, thought this was Muscle Central. Don't we have an "Off Topic", and even a Sports board for such discussion, which needs to be had but is this the place?

As for Mr. Cooper, his dispute wasn't with an "idiot hecker", it was with a Black cop. He then made a blanket statement on a whole group - some of which no doubt were offended by it. What did they have to do with it?

I may have been more upset by his apology afterwards. He says it was a bad mistake and how hurt he was for it. Maybe that's what he truly feels about Blacks he does not know or play with. I can't tell you how many non-Black friends have accepted me, but still call people who look like me the 'n-word', then look at me and say.... "oh I didn't mean you". I'd rather he be honest about it.

If I were a teammate, I could still play with him, just like I play with others who may have the same feelings in my workplace. At the end of the day, it's about getting the job done. If he can help us win, the have him buckle up and let's go. I don't have to like him, or think he's my "bro" for us to do our job. I'd rather work with people where I know where they stand, than those who try to play a role like we're family and we're not.

I don't want him off the team, or out of football. Fine or suspend if you must, then move on.

People are too sensitive to non issues. My son and I get called worse shit on a daily basis....and if I was to get sand in my vagina everytime somebody made a comment, I wouldn't have any time left in the day. If something is offensive or bothers you, people will use it against you.

I am over the "N word" if people still get their panties in a wad over it they need to get a life.
    "I know what your thinking. Did I fire 5 shots or did I fire 6 shots. You gotta ask yourself, Do you feel lucky? Well do ya, Punk?"

Quote Originally Posted by Hit-Girl View Post
    I am over the "N word" if people still get their panties in a wad over it they need to get a life.
    Racist post reported.

^I read something about a guy getting in trouble with feminists over "panties in a wad'

HTW

Quote Originally Posted by PTB View Post
    hmm, thought this was Muscle Central. Don't we have an "Off Topic", and even a Sports board for such discussion, which needs to be had but is this the place?

As for Mr. Cooper, his dispute wasn't with an "idiot hecker", it was with a Black cop. He then made a blanket statement on a whole group - some of which no doubt were offended by it. What did they have to do with it?

I may have been more upset by his apology afterwards. He says it was a bad mistake and how hurt he was for it. Maybe that's what he truly feels about Blacks he does not know or play with. I can't tell you how many non-Black friends have accepted me, but still call people who look like me the 'n-word', then look at me and say.... "oh I didn't mean you". I'd rather he be honest about it.

If I were a teammate, I could still play with him, just like I play with others who may have the same feelings in my workplace. At the end of the day, it's about getting the job done. If he can help us win, the have him buckle up and let's go. I don't have to like him, or think he's my "bro" for us to do our job. I'd rather work with people where I know where they stand, than those who try to play a role like we're family and we're not.

I don't want him off the team, or out of football. Fine or suspend if you must, then move on.
    So your telling me a black cop pulled out his cell phone to record an argument while having the argument?

Ex Ass, now just annoying swingslammer's Avatar

Gabe, I can't believe you opened this can of worms? I am in the Army as I think you are......the things I hear young Soldiers say? I would NEVER say that stuff, I was raised better.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast