Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Credendo Vides - By believing one sees.

Hi all.

I decided to start a new journal - my old competitors journal was in female section but I would like to have more opinions from more people now.

Who am I? Former competitor in lightweight bodybuilding, than figure, than light-heavy bodybuilding and finally WPD - LOL I competed also in various federations from IFBB amateur to NABBA, NAC, NPC and finally again IFBB. The circle closed this spring at AC amateur.

Why former competitor and what is my goal now? First of all I got to level where conditions you have really matters. I never believed I will get to pro-qualifier level and will fight for my procard but this year I did it.

Anyway I went my last show on so tight budget that half of my opponents probbably had only their posing suits in price I had my entire prep LOL. I got to finals (was 5th), but I said to myself I was crazy enough to do that, however if I want to be serious challenger I can not repeat that anymore.... I re-setled twice this year, from middle Europe to USA and than to Canada and I do not have conditions to continue in competing. Being immigrant is hard, even though you are legal.

Second thing is number of cards given. I realized that as European I have 4 chances/year, 3 of them I have to take overall, 3 of them are worldwide open... as NPC competitor in the same class I would have at least 20 chances/year at national level as I had seen WPD will get over 60 cards this year (I am NPC too, but as resident, not citizen, you can not go higher than local level, I am national level qualified for both FBB and WPD). Its frustrating and I feel this as little bit unfair.

And last reason I decided to quit with competing is the trend in WPD. The original rules says WPD should be "lean but not hard" and I thought it will be more like 90ties. I focused to bring my best shape on stage - with the craziest Vshape I might bring on. I think this year I should have better back density as I had terrible pains the whole prep (off course I had ZERO rehab therapy) and legs (downsizing my most gifted part, which grows even when I am walking, sucks LOL ), and I was OK with my placing (I think I might get 4th ) but than I was waiting backstage when an organizer came that some judge want to talk to me. First I was scared as I had my old NABBA suit and I knew it is covering a little bit less than half of my butt, but the reason he called me from backstage to judge table was, he want to tell me, that I impressed them a lot and I have crazy bodyshape, but to win next time I have to come drier and harder... so I asked "OK, I was too fat than" and he replied "No, you are lean, but you are not hard". In this moment it was the last nail to my coffin. Hardness was my weak point forever and I thought in WPD I will have a chance - from rules given. Obviously not.

I was fighting this hard few weeks, but than I realized I would need mainly better conditions and maybe some help from someone as I did my own preps for years but for example I really dont know how to do the hardness without sides I dont want. And as this is not possible in next maybe months, maybe years, I quit.

Why the journal title and why the journal now? This title is my long lasting quote. I even have branded it on my weightlifting belt. It is hard to believe now, but I did not fully give up and I might give up my dream about a procard and competing, but I did not give up the sport. And here I decided I will go the road of fitness-enthusiast and will stay around the sport as long as it will be possible....

I am fighting with multiple thyroid gland disease for my whole life, I have long-time back problems and this sport is my way to defeat this. I will tell you here how, I welcome any ideas, I want your opinions That is why I am here My goal is lean and athletic look.

Pic.below is my whole career in one LOL

celeroky (1)maly.jpg

Current point:
    After I "retired" I ate a bit and gained around 17-18lb above my competition weight. Especially in Vegas, where we spent our last days in USA. I usually used to be around 30+ lb above my contest weight as managing my offseason weight was always a big problem for me... Czech proverb says you are on top of scorpio with it (when something is hard to figure out), well I had to be on top of some much bigger beast LOL . But this year I finally found my way (I will tell later about my diet) and currently I am back around 13lb above my contest weight and my goal is to stabile keep 10lb above.

I am back to basics. Or better said - basement. Because of the situation (moving, switching countries) I am on no supplements except vitamins and I train in basement of our apartment building. Also my diet is pretty simple and it is hybrid between low carbs and keto, mostly keto. I am almost the same point I used to be years ago, when I started. But I am happy.

dneska.jpg

I train 2+1 3+1 system, lacking parts twice a week, strong parts once a week.

My today´s training was none, I had only 45min steady cardio on empty stomach, incline 4, 5km/h speed. I do cardio 6x week, 3x HIIT and 3x steady - depends on my carb intake.

Trainings last three days:

Monday:
    side laterals 4x12 - 15lb
    side seated laterals bent elbows 4x12 - 15lb
    side laterals lean toward a bench (ChG version) 4x15 - 15lb
    laying rear laterals 4x10-12 - 20lb
    reverse peck deck 4x12 - 60lb
    press on bowflex 4x15 - 15lb/side
    superset
    - tri extensions overgrip 4x12 - 40lb
    - tri etx. undergrip 4x8 - 40lb
    tri extensions overhead 4x10 - 40lb

Monday was quick training, shoulders are my lacking part as well as my triceps. However this is light version of my training - heavy version is Friday.

Tuesday:
    bent over barbell rows 6x12-8 - 95, 115, 135, 155, 155, 155lb
    lat pulldowns 1x12 - 40, 1x12 - 60, 1x12 - 80, 1x8 - 100, 3x10 - 80lb
    narrow pulldowns 4x10 - 80lb
    standing lat pulldowns to waist 4x10 - 50, 3x40lb
    trap rows upper cable 4x10-12 - 80lb
    seated rows to waist 4x12 - 70lb
    biceps curls cable 4x12 - 40lb
    side biceps curls seated 4x10 - 15,3x20lb
    scott bench - cable 3x12 - 30lb
    heavy crunches 4x12 - 60lb

Thick are my PRs after I jumped back to heavy training, my "all time" PRs are a bit different, but I am getting there back lol. And well - even though I train in basement, with no public acess, sometimes happen some other tenants will come and disturb you - as the cardio-cow which came in middle of my training and without asking turn the airconditioning to high. And she was looking pretty angry, when I turned it back to low as I do not need to train in Windy Heights.

Wednesday:
    lighter than usually due to upper back-shoulder pain:

flat bench dumbell press 4x15-20 - 25lb
    incline bench dumbell press 4x15 - 25lb
    squats 5x15 - 95lb
    lower cable crossovers bflx 4x15 - 15lb/side
    upper cable crossovers bflx 4x20 - 15lb/side
    leg extensions 5x12 - 60,70,80,80,90lb
    leg curls seated 5x12 - 70lb
    crunches 3x12 bw

Wow! What a Journey! I'll be following!

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Coburn View Post
    Wow! What a Journey! I'll be following!
    Hi Jordan, welcome

Today - Friday:Training at 7AM, very fast, than hop to shower and to my job interview. I was at 4 interviews in 3 gyms this week for a permanent job position... well will see what it will bring to me soon. Hopefully a new opportunities and new challenges. Anyway my training was a quick one today after I spot my man at benchpress....no cardio todayseated side laterals 4x12-15 - 15lbseated side laterals elbows bent 4x15 - 15lbstanding side laterals (ChG version) 4x12 - 20lblaying rear laterals 4x12 - 20lbreverse peck deck 6x10-12 - 40,50, 60, 70, 70, 80lbpress on bowflex 4x10 - 20, 3x35lb/sidesuperset "fried triceps ala mode"- tri extensions overgrip 4x10 - 40lb- tri extensions undergrip 4x8 - 40lb- tri extensions overhead 4x8-10 - 40lbheavy standing ab crunches on upper cable 4x8 - 70lbToday was my refeed day - I have those regullary once a week now and as I am at low calories, this day I am really kicking it up a lot. I was affraid in the past and I had always moderate carb-ups, but my man managed me to try really high Kcal intake and it worked way better for me the whole precontest this year, including the fact I had icecream jar 3 weeks till my show, what was not possible years ago. I love those as I do not need to count any nutrient intake, but I also hate those as at the end of the day I am done and looking like prego LOL I go over 8000 Kcal offten, and I eat anything I want right now. In diet closer the show, cleaner the refeed - not overally clean, I had some treats even precontest, but mostly clean. When we have money we go to sushi AYCE what is my favourite place. I discovered those in my old country already 4 years ago when it was not so popular. Back home I had my speciality, what were deepfried froglegs in one running sushi restaurant. When we came over here - especially here in Vancouver we found out really good sushi places. Last time was fun as cook send us a message from kitchen, he bet that we can not eat that much food in just two people. Well we prooved him wrong LOL It was fun as he really looked from the kitchen door and the waitress told us she believes in us so she bet LOL LOL Today we did not go, but next week I will celebrate and we will go. I am looking forward to that.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry my post went wrong from some reason, so here is my training once again, for better orientation:

no cardio
    seated side laterals 4x12-15 - 15lb
    seated side laterals elbows bent 4x15 - 15lb
    standing side laterals (ChG version) 4x12 - 20lb
    laying rear laterals 4x12 - 20lb
    reverse peck deck 6x10-12 - 40,50, 60, 70, 70, 80lb
    press on bowflex 4x10 - 20, 3x35lb/side
    superset for triceps
    - tri extensions overgrip 4x10 - 40lb
    - tri extensions undergrip 4x8 - 40lb
    - tri extensions overhead 4x8-10 - 40lb
    heavy standing ab crunches on upper cable 4x8 - 70lb

Day after refeed is great because I have the power and I feel all pumped up, but
    also I dont like being bloated and have state as hangover. Plus I do not sleep
    being on carbs - so I usually went to bed around 4-5AM.

My training this day is back+biceps with focus at density. And it is nothing better than when you discover some knot in your left lat the day you really want to focus on heavy weights , so I tried to stretch it out and I used conterpain cream before training - and it went quite good even though I felt it at some exercises. I was able to do my PR at deadlifts. I do cardio after the training this day - I upped it to 30min and 10intervals from 7.

leg extensions 4x12 - 40,60,80,90, 3x10 - 100lb
    deadlifts 1x10 - 132, 1x10 - 185, 1x8 - 185, 1x4 - 220, 2x15,13 - 135lb
    lat pulldowns (wide grip, overgrip) 1x12 - 40, 1x12 - 60, 1x12 - 80, 1x10-90, 2x10 - 100,
    2x10 - 80lb
    seated rows on upper cable to chest 5x12 - 80lb
    superset
    - narrow grip undergrip 4x12 - 80lb
    - standing lat pulldowns 4x15 - 40lb
    seated rows to waist 4x10 - 60,80,80,80lb
    biceps curls at lower cable 4x12-10 - 50lb
    side biceps curls (ChG) 4x12 - 20lb
    crunches over the bench 3x15 bw
    cardio HIIT 30min - 10 intervals, top speed 10km/h, 189Kcal/145 Hr

Today will be only cardio. Same amount and same speed. My weight after refeed is dropping nicely and I should be back around Wednesday.

mt2.JPGdeads.JPG

Two pics from my deadlifting Faces of summer gallery LOL. I can not upload vids now, but I hope I will post some soon.
    These are from my 220lb set

Woot Woot Lada!

I will continue to follow you on the new leg of your fitness journey! I love all the pictures from the start of your career to now! Amazing changes and a clear visual reminder that with time, patience, consistency, & hard work you can indeed grow, make changes, big improvements! My respect & admiration continues to grow for you

As for NPC/IFBB WPD, I clearly hear & see what you talk about here and on your former journal. The criteria & judging continue to change show to show...This last pro-show (Dallas) they selected smaller (overall size) ladies BUT the hardness & conditioning continues to get leaner & crazier...And the winner...well she is "good" for the sport with her huge fanbase (= $$$ for the industry at large) & for the upcoming inaugural Olympia Showdown.

Anywho, I totally understand your frustration over the years...and yes this sport can be ridiculously expensive especially without sponsors, support. I am still a "newbie" to the lifestyle but count myself lucky that I can see already that I need to be considering the natural organizations/natural competitions if I am to continue competing. Just like you, for now I am focusing on living a healthy lifestyle and being an fitness enthusiast for the coming year.

Go on with your bad self & those big a** deadlifts! You rock!

Yay Lada has a new journal! I'm in!
    2016 RX Member of the Year & March 2015 Member of the Month
    https://www.instagram.com/sunny52kg/

https://granitesupplements.com/ideva...ate.php?id=127

Elise thanks, I really appreciate your words! Really! Hugs.to DLB - she is really shreded, but I am not a fan of her physique either, no lats, thick waist, no quadsweep... However you are right with the media and personality. She remains me Jay in female version. Both have great presentation I would love to copy one day

Sunny welcome
    To my training today:
    Morning I have my cardio HIIT training on the empty stomach - to get rid of last glucosis from my blood. Two days before I had HIIT afternoon after my training or evening - both previous days I had carbs in. Today is a first day at zero carbs and high fat (100-120g/day).

cardio HIIT 30min - 10 intervals, top speed 10,5km/h, 179 Kcal/151 Hr

Afternoon training today were shoulders and triceps triple fryier

seated side laterals 5x10+8 - 20+15lb
    seated side laterals elbows bent 5x10+8-5 - 20+15lb
    laying rear laterals 5x12 - 20lb
    reverse peck deck 6x12-10 - 40,60,70,80,80,90lb
    press on bowflex 4x12 - 35lb/side
    superset
    - triceps extensions overgrip 4x10- 40lb
    - tri ext. undergrip 4x10 - 40lb
    - tri ext. overhead 4x10 - 40lb
    standing crunches upper cable 3x12 - 70lb

In the middle of my delt training

assistant of our building manager came with new tenants, two women and older man, women looked at me and start to giggle (I am so used to that reaction from people LOL) and man start to woble the chain which ties our private plates and asked the assistant where is the key. Manager of the building off course knows that we bought some plates and bar for our needs as he allowed it to us and was very helpful to get us even a new bench for benchpress for free, but his assistant obviously did not know.... So they both looked surprised when I told them those plates are mine and we have a bar at home and we allow people to train with it only under our assistance as many people simply do not behave nice to the bar.
    Seem that our small basement starts to be crowded a bit LOL.

BTW after yesterdays shots I maybe should post my "average" face to show I do not look like a freak the whole day LOL (at least I hope so)
    GESIICHTIKYsmall.jpg

Why are you living in the basement of the apartment building.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
    BTW after yesterdays shots I maybe should post my "average" face to show I do not look like a freak the whole day LOL (at least I hope so)
    GESIICHTIKYsmall.jpg
    You look very pretty Lada!

Today my diet:

As I have multiple thyroid problems (ESS + Hypothyreosis) diet is the key factor for me and it had a long long genesis. Anyway finally I am at something what is working for me, I am at nice intake, it is sustainable and my scheme is now this:

Friday - refeed, I found out I need really high Kcal spike here to keep metabolism running. I am not affraid to go over 8000 Kcal/day sometimes I am even close to 10 000 The more offseason I am the more "junk" I allow myself to eat. The closer the show, the more clean food I have, even though I still allow myself to load some "junk" there as well (low fat poptarts or icecream etc.). key is not to be affraid to eat a lot....

Saturday - high carb day, I still would like to keep at least some carbs in my diet, so I allow myself here eat a little bit more carbs, 100g/day to be accurate. It helps me with hangover and cravings after refeed. But all carbs here are already clean - ezechiel bread or pasta or rice or oats or sweet potatoes. I have low fat intake here - below 50g/day. Usually 20-30g.

Sunday - transition day, morning I have oats, 40g of carbs, than I go HIIT cardio and I have fats for the rest of the day. Fat intake here is 50-70g/day. Once a month I have "detox day" here, when I do not eat at all and I drink special mix of cayenne, lemon or apple cider and raw honey. I use a lot of iodine and selenium here too. High intake of water is a must!

Monday - high fat day, morning I have HIIT on empty stomach to get rid of glucosis from my blood. I go over 100g fat/day here. Carbs are zero (only vegetables)

Tuesday-Thursday - no carb+ moderate fat days, I go steady cardio here always in the morning. I have zero carbs and 50-60g fat/day.

I have lower proteins than I would like to have but I am on a budget now, so can not afford it and I think I still improved my shoulders a bit and my back a bit despite that.

Training today:
    cardio steady 45min - 5km/h, incline 4,
    122 Hr /Kcal 256 - on empty stomach

afternoon:
    barbell over rows 1x12 - 132, 4x10-8 - 155, 1x12 - 132lb
    seated rows to waist 5x12 - 80lb
    lat pulldowns 1x12-60, 1x12 -80,4x8 (5 last) - 100, 1x10 - 80lb
    seated rows on upper cable to chest 5x12 - 80lb
    superset
    - standing lat pulldowns 4x12 - 50lb
    - narrow grip undergrip 4x10 - 80lb
    side biceps curls (ChG) 5x12 - 20lb