Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

changed some things up yesterday, i usually do cardio on wednesday, yes i do cardio while gaining weight, i'm a naturally fat kid so to keep things under control i keep my cardio day and just reduce the amount of time...plus it gives me time to listen to some podcasts and learn some things

until the end of the year i'm going to try and substitute cardio day with a day of supersetting lifts, after reading a lot of ppl claim their success with lifting body parts two days a week.....i'm supersetting a chest, shoulder, tricep, and ab exercise....yesterday with the conquer and hemavol preworkout stack my whole upper body felt pumped and full...wasn't going heavy as i was supersetting basically 4 excercises but i built up a nice sweat.....opinions on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    yeah i didn't get any nasty taste....i've heard that hydrolyzed caseinate is pretty nasty however this is a small dose so maybe thats reason why the taste didn't change

last night i weighed myself again, i'm up another 2.8 lbs....upper stomach seems a bit bloated last night however i didn't really eat anything out of the ordinary, hope i can control that a bit

also listened ben pak's podcast with jon meadows....they talk about how breakfast should be healthy fat and high protein breakfast is best to lose fat...but keeping your macros the same overall for the day....may cut out oats for breakfast and just eat them a few hours after waking up instead
    I never have carbs in the am. I backload them all into my post workout meals and I feel much better during the day on proteins and fats.
    A Passionate and Dynamic Approach to Physique Enhancement
    Strength and Nutrition/Contest Prep Coach
    -serious inquiries: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by data4 View Post
    I never have carbs in the am. I backload them all into my post workout meals and I feel much better during the day on proteins and fats.
    i do something like that when i cut but never thougth to use it during a bulk....then again to fit all the macros in and working out at night, i dont think i'd accomplish anything after my postworkout meal and end up falling asleep if i waited until 7:30 to touch carbs

i do something like that when i cut but never thougth to use it during a bulk....then again to fit all the macros in and working out at night, i dont think i'd accomplish anything after my postworkout meal and end up falling asleep if i waited until 7:30 to touch carbs
    Many think that but your head tends to me much more clear and productive with protein and fats during the day. If I take in a bunch of carbs in the morning then I feel like I just want to take a nap all day. I dont have any starches until my intra workout shake.

Many think that but your head tends to me much more clear and productive with protein and fats during the day. If I take in a bunch of carbs in the morning then I feel like I just want to take a nap all day. I dont have any starches until my intra workout shake.
    yeah i decided to cut my carb intake in half in the morning....replace it with more carbs later in the day for the same overall calories...maybe even a bit more

RX MEMBER

I agree with data about trying out the back loading for carbs. It makes logical sense, however make sure you emphasize proteins and carb overall in your macro intake. thanks to palumbo and the whole carb scare everyone is afraid they are carb sensitive or carb intolerant. It's mainly because they have fat and protein set way too high so they just don't have room for enough carbs. If they lower protein and fat they can magically "handle" more carbs.

if you understand the basic biology underlying insulin resistance, glucose uptake, what actually affects insulin sensitivity, etc, then it is pretty clear that fats are much more prone to be stored as body fat and lead to insulin resistance.

john meadows himself who everyone knows for touting fats actually consumes a high carb and low fat diet himself. His fat is probably around 75-100 grams a day IF that. You need to make sure you get a variety of fats, get the essential ones in, and get your minimum amount for health and then add on some extra if you desire to up calories, but adding loads of fat is much less desirable then slowly adding in carbs as so you put on lean muscle.

i'm up another 1.5lbs.....starting december 2nd i'll throw in D-Spark and Bridge

I'm starting to run low on Size on and the Universal weight gainer...got to buy more supplies to make my own weight gainer shakes

Quote Originally Posted by SideShowDoc View Post
    I agree with data about trying out the back loading for carbs. It makes logical sense, however make sure you emphasize proteins and carb overall in your macro intake. thanks to palumbo and the whole carb scare everyone is afraid they are carb sensitive or carb intolerant. It's mainly because they have fat and protein set way too high so they just don't have room for enough carbs. If they lower protein and fat they can magically "handle" more carbs.

if you understand the basic biology underlying insulin resistance, glucose uptake, what actually affects insulin sensitivity, etc, then it is pretty clear that fats are much more prone to be stored as body fat and lead to insulin resistance.

john meadows himself who everyone knows for touting fats actually consumes a high carb and low fat diet himself. His fat is probably around 75-100 grams a day IF that. You need to make sure you get a variety of fats, get the essential ones in, and get your minimum amount for health and then add on some extra if you desire to up calories, but adding loads of fat is much less desirable then slowly adding in carbs as so you put on lean muscle.
    Part of it may also be how you separate the macros. I know personally, I get a better effect if I keep the fats high in the am and leave them out of the night meals for the most part. Thats not to say that some will hurt but too much and you are not going to get the insulin spike you want anyhow.

I like your statement about fats being stored as fat. So many believe its less likely but in the grand scheme of things that is simply not the case.

yeah i didn't get any nasty taste....i've heard that hydrolyzed caseinate is pretty nasty however this is a small dose so maybe thats reason why the taste didn't change

last night i weighed myself again, i'm up another 2.8 lbs....upper stomach seems a bit bloated last night however i didn't really eat anything out of the ordinary, hope i can control that a bit

also listened ben pak's podcast with jon meadows....they talk about how breakfast should be healthy fat and high protein breakfast is best to lose fat...but keeping your macros the same overall for the day....may cut out oats for breakfast and just eat them a few hours after waking up instead
    Huh, didn't realize pak had a podcast... You listen regularly? Like it? I'm always on the lookout for a good podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by daft205 View Post
    Huh, didn't realize pak had a podcast... You listen regularly? Like it? I'm always on the lookout for a good podcast.
    theres only been 3 episodes so far....it's with john meadows, the first two were good, one of them had brian wilson (sp) from muscle college on and yeah i've really enjoyed 2 out of the 3....one of them was just meadows talking about training with tom platz and even though there was good tid bits, it wasn't up my alley really or it was just late at night and i was tired

i use the stitcher app for my phone, it's an app thats all podcasts, radio, talk radio, sports....whatever you want thats not music and i search bodybuilding every so often and the list of bodybuilding podcasts are growing....i saw pak's picture and figured i'd give it a try plus it had meadows in the description and i like some of his ways of thinking

RX MEMBER

Part of it may also be how you separate the macros. I know personally, I get a better effect if I keep the fats high in the am and leave them out of the night meals for the most part. Thats not to say that some will hurt but too much and you are not going to get the insulin spike you want anyhow.

I like your statement about fats being stored as fat. So many believe its less likely but in the grand scheme of things that is simply not the case.
    i pretty much do that as well, except my last meal which is always whey and lots of nut butter before bed. I just can't stomach much whole food pre bed. If you do a higher fat meal later in the day just make sure it is 3-4 hours away from a higher carb meal and that should allow enough time for basal insulin levels to return to pre prandial states.

theres only been 3 episodes so far....it's with john meadows, the first two were good, one of them had brian wilson (sp) from muscle college on and yeah i've really enjoyed 2 out of the 3....one of them was just meadows talking about training with tom platz and even though there was good tid bits, it wasn't up my alley really or it was just late at night and i was tired

i use the stitcher app for my phone, it's an app thats all podcasts, radio, talk radio, sports....whatever you want thats not music and i search bodybuilding every so often and the list of bodybuilding podcasts are growing....i saw pak's picture and figured i'd give it a try plus it had meadows in the description and i like some of his ways of thinking
    Huh, stitcher- I had never heard of that either. Sounds kinda cool, gonna try put it on my phone.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345